Filter By:
Your filtered result has an average rating of 4 stars from 863 reviews.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Simple claims Process, Quick Resolution

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I ended up quite sick on my holiday and ended up with $650 worth of medical bills. Luckily I kept all my receipts, after locating my receipts I called 1cover who then emailed me a claims form. I filled out the claims form and attached the relative documentation and sent the form back. 1cover reviewed and approved my claim in a day and I had the money in my bank account within three days.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dylan, I’m so sorry to hear of your sickness while overseas. I hope it hasn't put you off from travelling for too long! It's always encouraging to hear our customers talk so positively a... read more »

Perth

• 9 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Cannot recommend 1Cover highly enough! Just brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

1Cover was recommended to me by my daughter in law after I had related to her a previous horrendous experience with another large insurance company.
The 1Cover policy was so easy to do online and it was not expensive, very good value I thought.
On my recent trip to Siem Reap in Cambodia I was given as gifts a painting done by a traditional Khmer artist and a hand sewn cross stitch picture of a peacock. Both were framed and behind glass. They were packaged by an art dealer and marked "Fragile" and "Top Load Only" but unfortunately they were s
mashed in transit on the return trip to Perth.
I rang 1Cover and spoke to the CSR who then emailed me a claim form.
I returned via email the completed claim form along with the other requested documents late on the Friday night. The standard auto reply came back saying that my email had been received. On the following Monday afternoon I received an email from 1Cover advising that my claim had been approved and that I would receive the full amount claimed for repair in my bank account within 5-7 days.
I would strongly recommend 1Cover to anyone requiring travel insurance.
Thank you 1Cover for a hassle free service. Your Customer Service is excellent.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Carol, Big thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it means the world to us. I'm sorry to hear about your gifts, what a shame! However, I am pleased that we could assist with y... read more »

Fantastic Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Policy was super easy up set up and the cost was excellent. I had a claim as I injured myself overseas. They paid for everything. I submitted my claim and within four days I had my claim approved and the money was in my bank in another two days. Very happy with whole process and would recommend them to anyone.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi there, Big thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it means the world to us. I am so pleased that we could assist with your claim and that you found the process easy and straigh... read more »

Great insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

We were very satisfied. We received good rates with good cover. We had prompt review and payment of our claim. We would use them again and recommend them to others.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rudi, Big thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it means the world to us. I am so pleased that we could assist with your claim and that you found the process easy and straight... read more »

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Our policy was very easy and straight forward to set up.
The customer service was so fantastic and understanding and very willing to help. We had a "holiday from hell experience" and had to make a claim and the service we received was beyond outstanding. Thank you 1Cover for that.
The value was outstanding and the best I have come across. I have since recommended 1Cover Travel Insurance to everyone I know travelling. Big thank you to my boss for the recommendation. A+++++

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ritia, I’m so sorry to hear of your 'holiday from hell experience', I really hope it hasn't put you off from planning for your make-up holiday! However, it's always encouraging to hear t... read more »

Always so easy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Have taken out 6 or 7 policies with 1Cover for various holidays around the world. Have only needed to make one claim and the process was so smooth, can't believe I was dealing with an insurance company !! Can't recommend them enough.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Christopher, We like to think we're different from other insurance companies, so thank you for such kind words! It's fantastic to hear such positive feedback, and it's great to know that ... read more »

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

I had to make 2 claims after a months holiday around Europe! Easy and straight forward claims process. Claims were reviewed and accepted very quickly! Great customer service! Would definitely use them again!

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nathan, Big thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it means the world to us. I am so pleased that we could assist with your claim and that you found the process easy and strai... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

I will always use 1cover for every trip from now. Absolutely wonderful perfect service. Very grateful for 1cover. Awesome communication. In the ball Absolutely the best cover ever!!!!!!with everything. Can't ever recommend 1cover enough.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Michelle, It's not every day that someone leaves us such an enthusiastic review! Thank you for the kind words :) It's always fantastic to hear from a satisfied and loyal customer. We are ... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Efficient & Understanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

The policy was simple to set up and good value for a two week holiday in the Northern Terrritory.
Customer support and claim payout was efficient and understanding when I lost my 15 year old wedding band on the trip.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi, Glad to hear that we have been able to assist with your claim. It's always encouraging to hear positive feedback. It's nice to know our claims payout process is efficient, and that your fou... read more »

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Terrible Cover.. lots of "Will not cover" ... No Option of "No Star Review"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Not of good value, since does not cover flight cancellation due to mech. problem (neither the airliner.. what a crap!)
Not of good value because does not cover "Transportation" to hotel in case of flight cancellation.
Not of good value because does not cover "Pre-Booked/paid" hotel due to flight cancellation.
I have no intention to use it again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Carlos, I’m sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the outcome of your claim. Keeping an open dialogue is how we improve our service, so thank you for your feedback. There is a commo... read more »

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Trip to Everest base camp

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Policy was great value. The lady taking my call to set up insurance was very knowledgable about the products and the areas I was going to. I called back with a question and they were able to answer very quickly. I would highly recommend 1cover travel insurance.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Eddie, It's always encouraging to hear that we are providing our customers with exceptional service :) We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again ... read more »

Thank you Kieran for looking after me! You guys rock!

The 1cover team really are your Guardina Angels whe things go horribly wrong

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

The problem with all your good reviews is that no one has actually needed help desperately in a horrific situation. I have and 1cover and their rescue company aai were our saviour and our Guardian Angels. Only 4 days into our 4 month holiday my wife was mown down by a french motorist on a pedestrian crossing in Nice. She had life theatening injuries and spent the next weeks in intensive care and a trauma ward in Nice at which point 1cover flew us back to Sydney Business Class with an accompanying nurse on Emirates Nice to Sydney.
The whole 1cover aai team really were Guardian Angels when I desperately neede help.
Guys, I do not have words to state how amazingly brilliant and caring the 1covet aai team were.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Greg, I’m so glad that our 24/7 emergency assistance team could help you out. After all, that is what our travel insurance is for! It's always encouraging to hear our customers talk so p... read more »

1 of 72 pages

We have comprehensive cover for a family of 5. If our airline has engineerimg problems in Bali and the return flight is now 3 days later who organises and pays for accommodation and meals? Thanks.

AmyA asked on May 22, 2017

Hi Amy,

As a travel insurer, we won't cover delays that are caused by the airline. If your flight has been delayed due to mechanical issues, which appears to be the case here, then it is actually the airline's responsibility to provide compensation.

In your case, I'd suggest you contact your airline and ask how they plan to compensate you for the delay.

Just so you're aware, we will cover you if you miss your flight due to a natural disaster, severe weather, hijacking, riots or civil unrest.

If you have any further questions, our team can be contacted from overseas on +61 2 8015 6392.

Kind regards,
Kieran.

We are all commencing our travel on the same date but returning on different dates. Can we have a family polocy with the last return date nominated.

Lorraine asked on May 12, 2017

Hi Lorraine,

Yes, you can. If you would like to book your policy online please visit https://www.1cover.com.au Alternatively, you can give our customer care team a call on 1300 854 723 and organise your insurance over the phone. We are open from 7 am - 8 pm, Monday to Friday.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to email me directly at info@1cover.com.au.

Kind regards,
Kieran at 1Cover.

Hi under general exclusions , you will not pay if under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, is there a limit to how many drinks you can consume, or must we be alcohol free, what is classed as under the influence,.05 BAC and above? kind regards Les

Caspar asked on Apr 19, 2017

Answer this

Hi Les. I'm assuming you hold a Valid Australian Driving License; we go by Australian law when it comes to driving internationally, so a limit of 50mg per 100ml (0.05) BAC for a full driver, or whatever restrictions apply to your particular license (ie - zero BAC limit.for a P-Plater). Thanks, Andrew @1Cover

I am interested in everyday claims, not for driving claims, say if I am in a bar and my drinks get spiked, or my wallet stolen, being in a bar and having one drink, am i under the influence or am I deemed to be contributing to the claim because I am in a bar drinking?

Hi Les. There aren't any restrictions on the amount of alcohol that you can consume when not driving e.g. out for dinner or at a bar. But if the level of alcohol consumed impairs judgment, or can be determined as being contributable to an incident arising, then the exclusion will apply. There's no hard and fast rule since it depends on the circumstances and context of the incident. e.g. one person might have been drinking heavily, got a cab back to the hotel when it was involved in a crash - so the volume of alcohol would be irrelevant. But if someone had been drinking heavily and tripped down the stairs, or was dancing on the bar at 3am and fell off it - that's a different story. Common sense prevails. Generally speaking, the more alcohol that is consumed the more likely it is that normal judgment is impaired, so it's best to drink responsibly. Cheers, Andrew @1Cover

See all 157 questions about 1Cover Travel Insurance