Filter By:

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Simple claims Process, Quick Resolution

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I ended up quite sick on my holiday and ended up with $650 worth of medical bills. Luckily I kept all my receipts, after locating my receipts I called 1cover who then emailed me a claims form. I filled out the claims form and attached the relative documentation and sent the form back. 1cover reviewed and approved my claim in a day and I had the money in my bank account within three days.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dylan, I’m so sorry to hear of your sickness while overseas. I hope it hasn't put you off from travelling for too long! It's always encouraging to hear our customers talk so positively a... read more »

Good cover for good price

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Our policy was good value for a good price and was really easy to organise online. Thankfully we didn't have to use it, so I cannot review their customer support. We have now used 1 Cover 3 maybe 4 times and I would have no hesitation recommending 1 Cover.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi there, Glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It's always encouraging to hear such nice words from a satisfied and loyal customer. Thank you for choosing 1C... read more »

Easy, Convenient Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

1Cover travel insurance was very easy to set up, convenient and covered all the items I needed covered. I will definitely be using them again in the future and recommend them to anyone.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Timothy, We like to think we're different from other insurance companies, so thank you for such kind words. Glad you found the policy to be good value and that you are happy with the ser... read more »

This was Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

Policy was definitely good value. Better than anyone else. Have used 1 Cover Travel Insurance 3 times now. It was very easy to set up and have always had excellent Customer Service and Support.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Vicki, Glad to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It means so much when we hear a customer tell us how happy they are with our customer service and... read more »

Just right

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Yes i always use onecover easy to apply simple to understand. Never claimed but happy im covered if i need to.peace of mind makes the holiday worry free. Will use again

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kevin, It's great to hear our policies helped provide you with peace of mind while on your trip. It's fantastic to know our customers can relax because of their cover. Glad you found the... read more »

Great value Great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Have used 1Cover for the past 6 years of travel, online easy to use great cover and excellent value for money . On one occasion I needed to make a claim and found the company very reasonable to deal with , very efficient settling my claim and made a stressful event easier to deal with . 1Cover is my preferred travel insurance company .

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lynn, Wow, a long-time customer! Thanks so much for your continued support, it means so much knowing the confidence and trust you have placed in us. I am glad that you found our staff fa... read more »

Good value policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

We have found 1 Cover policies very good value for overseas and holidaying in Australia. We have had prompt and friendly customer service whilst getting the policy by landline phone. Fortunately we have never made a claim but i feel confident that this would not be a problem.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Denis, We like to think we're different from other insurance companies, so thank you for such kind words. Glad you found the policy to be good value and that you are happy with the servi... read more »

Happy customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

I was happy with the policy having used 1 cover before and not having any problems with price or service. I will have no hesitation in continuing to use 1 Cover.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Marg, I'm glad that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Travel insurance is certainly the safety net every traveller needs :) We hope you had a great time on y... read more »

No problems.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Recently I took out travel insurance and unfortunately had to postpone our holiday for a while. I contacted 1 cover the customer service provided was so helpful and understanding. My family and I have always used 1 cover and would recommend to everyone.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Gail, It's always encouraging to hear that we are providing our customers with exceptional service :) We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in... read more »

Perth

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Insurance claim made

Cannot recommend 1Cover highly enough! Just brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

1Cover was recommended to me by my daughter in law after I had related to her a previous horrendous experience with another large insurance company.
The 1Cover policy was so easy to do online and it was not expensive, very good value I thought.
On my recent trip to Siem Reap in Cambodia I was given as gifts a painting done by a traditional Khmer artist and a hand sewn cross stitch picture of a peacock. Both were framed and behind glass. They were packaged by an art dealer and marked "Fragile" and "Top Load Only" but unfortunately they were s
mashed in transit on the return trip to Perth.
I rang 1Cover and spoke to the CSR who then emailed me a claim form.
I returned via email the completed claim form along with the other requested documents late on the Friday night. The standard auto reply came back saying that my email had been received. On the following Monday afternoon I received an email from 1Cover advising that my claim had been approved and that I would receive the full amount claimed for repair in my bank account within 5-7 days.
I would strongly recommend 1Cover to anyone requiring travel insurance.
Thank you 1Cover for a hassle free service. Your Customer Service is excellent.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Carol, Big thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it means the world to us. I'm sorry to hear about your gifts, what a shame! However, I am pleased that we could assist with y... read more »

Don't leave home without it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Yes I believe the policy is good value. I think it is very important to cover as much as you can in a policy for the unexpected. Sometimes I think people worry if it is cheaper you are not getying the best coverage. When explained like you have it is easier to understand. I found online and on the very odd occasion I have had to sleek to someone, it was very easy. I have been with them for a while now. Lucky for me no claims, but if I did I would not expect an issue. As you get older I also think people don't mind paying a bit extra for more coverage again. I think that might be the only suggestion.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Julieann, Wow, a long-time customer! Thanks so much for your continued support, it means so much knowing the confidence and trust you have placed in us. I am glad that you have always fo... read more »

Insurance claim made

Fantastic Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Policy was super easy up set up and the cost was excellent. I had a claim as I injured myself overseas. They paid for everything. I submitted my claim and within four days I had my claim approved and the money was in my bank in another two days. Very happy with whole process and would recommend them to anyone.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi there, Big thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it means the world to us. I am so pleased that we could assist with your claim and that you found the process easy and straigh... read more »

1 of 228 pages

We have comprehensive cover for a family of 5. If our airline has engineerimg problems in Bali and the return flight is now 3 days later who organises and pays for accommodation and meals? Thanks.

AmyA asked on May 22, 2017

Hi Amy,

As a travel insurer, we won't cover delays that are caused by the airline. If your flight has been delayed due to mechanical issues, which appears to be the case here, then it is actually the airline's responsibility to provide compensation.

In your case, I'd suggest you contact your airline and ask how they plan to compensate you for the delay.

Just so you're aware, we will cover you if you miss your flight due to a natural disaster, severe weather, hijacking, riots or civil unrest.

If you have any further questions, our team can be contacted from overseas on +61 2 8015 6392.

Kind regards,
Kieran.

We are all commencing our travel on the same date but returning on different dates. Can we have a family polocy with the last return date nominated.

Lorraine asked on May 12, 2017

Hi Lorraine,

Yes, you can. If you would like to book your policy online please visit https://www.1cover.com.au Alternatively, you can give our customer care team a call on 1300 854 723 and organise your insurance over the phone. We are open from 7 am - 8 pm, Monday to Friday.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to email me directly at info@1cover.com.au.

Kind regards,
Kieran at 1Cover.

Hi under general exclusions , you will not pay if under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, is there a limit to how many drinks you can consume, or must we be alcohol free, what is classed as under the influence,.05 BAC and above? kind regards Les

Caspar asked on Apr 19, 2017

Answer this

Hi Les. I'm assuming you hold a Valid Australian Driving License; we go by Australian law when it comes to driving internationally, so a limit of 50mg per 100ml (0.05) BAC for a full driver, or whatever restrictions apply to your particular license (ie - zero BAC limit.for a P-Plater). Thanks, Andrew @1Cover

I am interested in everyday claims, not for driving claims, say if I am in a bar and my drinks get spiked, or my wallet stolen, being in a bar and having one drink, am i under the influence or am I deemed to be contributing to the claim because I am in a bar drinking?

Hi Les. There aren't any restrictions on the amount of alcohol that you can consume when not driving e.g. out for dinner or at a bar. But if the level of alcohol consumed impairs judgment, or can be determined as being contributable to an incident arising, then the exclusion will apply. There's no hard and fast rule since it depends on the circumstances and context of the incident. e.g. one person might have been drinking heavily, got a cab back to the hotel when it was involved in a crash - so the volume of alcohol would be irrelevant. But if someone had been drinking heavily and tripped down the stairs, or was dancing on the bar at 3am and fell off it - that's a different story. Common sense prevails. Generally speaking, the more alcohol that is consumed the more likely it is that normal judgment is impaired, so it's best to drink responsibly. Cheers, Andrew @1Cover

See all 157 questions about 1Cover Travel Insurance