• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Not interested at all...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

Our German Shepherd looks at the food and then walks away. If we add some cheese he will eat it, reluctantly.

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Frank, we're so sorry to hear your dog didn't enjoy his 4Legs! Sometimes it can take a dog a few days to adjust to a new food. If you are not totally satisfied with our product, please drop us a... read more »

Hi 4Legs Team, many thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess our dog just doesn't like smell or the fact that it seems to be a lot of rice and not much meat. Anyway, nothing to worry, there are plenty of other options around. :)

Claims of less water more meat simply aren't true

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

Something has changed in recent times....the 4 legs used to have more meat less water but the past 5 occasions I have bought the chicken pasta and vegie rolls they have been full of water and very 'spongy'.

Sad to see a good product ruined through cost savings (adding more water & less meat to recipe)

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Sandrita Thank you for your email, we are sorry you have had to experience this with our product and can confirm that we have been adjusting our process in order to perfect the text... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Chicken Pasta with Vegies Chub

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2014

Purchased Chicken Pasta & Vegies 1.7kg Chub from Coles Supermarket, I found that the green dye in the packaging has leached into the food, can anyone tell me if this is harmful to My Dog ?
Is it normal for this to happen with plastic wrapping.
She seems to like it but I have to cut away and dispose of Green Tinged section.

+ My Dog seems to like it but I have to cut the Green section away before giving it to her...

- Green tinge seemingly from plastic wrap leeched into product...use by date is 06 October 2014

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Barb45, The green tinge on the outside of the roll is actually very common and whilst in might appear to come from our packaging, we can assure that it doesn't. Our packaging is food safe and ... read more »

Thank you for your prompt response...will watch and observe my Dog.

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Unfortunate outcome.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2015

Although 4legs is a very good product and we'd fed it to our previous dog (a standard poodle), be very careful when giving it to any breed of dog prone to bolting its food. Our four year old boxer ate her dinner very quickly one night and the next day she required emergency surgery for a twisted bowel. She had not been able to digest her dinner and it had formed a mass in her stomach. Apart from her bowel twisting as she strained to go to the toilet parts of her stomach tore and the pieces of 4legs went everywhere. She developed septicaemia and she died a week later. Perhaps a warning on the packaging would be in order.

Comments
4Legs Official

Dear Jules, we are extremely sorry and saddened to hear about your boxer and your review has lead us to do some extensive research into a twisted bowel and how it can occur. Please see more below ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2010

I wouldn't feed this as a meal, maybe mix in with other food. Its easy to store and serve but has a strong smell to it that tends to come out of the rear of my dog.

+ Easy meal for dogs

- gave my dogs the worst gas ever

Comments

I found this convenient and supplied my dogs nutrition needs for our 16 year os red healer cross and a fussy tiny dog.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Rice

My dog and her visitors love the meat balls.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

My dog loves the 4 dogs meatballs and any of our visiting dogs are always fed them with great acceptance. They are easy to transport when going away and the lids make them very easy to store in the fridge.

Flavour: Lamb, Vegies & Rice

great lunch

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

I give this to my 14 week old jack russel for lunch.she eats it slowly so she gets a good taste of its flavours

My Big Dogs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

My dogs love the chicken vegies and rice and can't bet enough of it, they love it every day. They will even lick the dish dry.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

My golden retriever loves this and when my daughters dog visits I make sure I have this there for their dinner

Flavour: Lamb, Vegies & Rice

Happy dog, happy parents

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Happy to find a product our dog likes, he is very fussy and selective when it comes to dog food.

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Convenient dog food option

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Our little four legged friend loves a few meatballs spinkled on top of his dry. Sometimes the humans in the house get them confused with our food!

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Another product in the armoury

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

Our Australian Koolie and spaniel cross has a wobbly tummy and we need to diversify often with his meals. He has a range of goodies and 4legs is one of them and has it with yoghurt and kibble. No tummy trouble. Our other dog, a 14 year old Kelpie/Border Collie cross, also loves the 4 legs.

1 of 37 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Rice & Parsley

Hello I have a new puppy she is 10 weeks old. she has only been fed good quality dried kibble but i was interested in your product. Is it ok to still feed the kibble. but 4 leggs for one meal per day, just for variety?

Debra asked on Apr 14, 2017

Answer this

Hi Debra, of course you can feed our food however you like! Lots of people mix it with dry food, or alternate between different types of food. Here's our puppy food feeding guide, which might be helpful http://4legs.com.au/product/3-meats-w-rice-parsley/
If you have any further queries, just drop us a line at helpdesk@4legs.com.au
Cheers
Melissa & the 4Legs Team

Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

I need to know calories per serving for you meals. My dog is diabetic so I have to be precise with his intake. I think this information should be printed on the packaging.

Jip and Chinos mum asked on Feb 05, 2017

Hi Jip and Chino's mum,
In regards to your question, the metabolisable energy for our Beef, Veggies and Macaroni product is 171k/cal per 100g.
Thanks for your feedback regarding packaging info, we will keep this in mind.
If you have any further questions or require some additional nutritional information, please let me know.
cheers
Melissa and the 4Legs Team

How many calories are in your 1.7kg dog rolls per 100g please???

Jeanie asked on Jan 31, 2017

Hi Jeanie,
Thanks for getting in touch. In regards to your question, the metabolisable energy of our rolls is as follows:
Chicken and Pasta roll - 138kcal/100g
Angus Beef roll - 157kcal/100g
Please let me know if you need any further information.

Cheers
Melissa and the 4Legs Team

See all 29 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour