Eight Homes is currently offering a $50 Eftpos gift card to customers encouraging either a positive or negative review based on their build experience. This is being held from May the 2nd until June the 20th 2017. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Excellent product and good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

We are building our home in upper point cook and are very pleased with the design/inclusions/overall product on offer by Eight homes.

The sales consultant was very patient in listening to our needs and made sure they are catered to and made adjustments where necessary - the fact that the cost of build remained the same from sales quote to contract signing is amazing and there has been no nasty surprises.

The team at eight homes has been very reasonable and approachable and have always responded promptly to any queries.

Cant wait for the construction to start and enjoy the final product.

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Good experience so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Process has been good so far. Seamless and easy process and assisted with finance. About to start bricks and plaster. Had a couple of delays but all on track. Communication from head office and site manager has been good. emails and phone calls responded to in a timely manner. Good range of quality fixtures and fittings to choose from. Would recommend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Garthdeb,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review Eight Homes.

We're delighted to hear your journey has been positive and we look forward to supporting you throughout the remainder of your building journey.

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

The customer service from Eight Homes has been exceptional.

Our sales consultant was very knowledgeable and helpful through our design changes. Our building contract accurately reflected the design changes and costings and was well explained.

Building started immediately after land settlement with building permits and developer approval pre-approved.

Our construction consultant has always kept us updated on the building progress as well as the site supervisor.

Just waiting for the build to be completed so we can move in.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Dot, Thank you very much for sharing your journey. We're glad to hear that your experience has been positive and we are confident this will continue throughout the construction of your home. ... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Stunning builder with amazingly easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I have been dealing with Maddy Patel at 8Homes. My experience with 8 Homes so far has been fantastic. I visited quite few display homes around west. I was really impress with Tarneit Display. Great customer service by Maddy. He has helped me with progress of construction as I am from NSW and it is my first investment property in Melbourne. He is very well experienced, polite, best customer service and supportive!! He was so helpful and answers our all questions and queries. Hopefully construction finish will happen soon and I can see the finished product. SO FAR THUMPS UP!!!

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Manoj, Thanks very much for sharing your experience. This is an exciting time for you and we're delighted to hear our team have provided a seamless process. We look forward to seeing the fina... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Sep 2017

See Eight before you lock in another builder.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

From the minute we stepped foot inside the dislay home, Daniel wasn't the normal pushy salesman. Our dealing with Daniel and Jess in Sunshine have been easy and they have our satisfaction at the top of their list. Attention to detail, as well as customer support and communication has been brilliant. Can't wait to get into our new home. Thanks again Eight for a great experience.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Eric Stribley, Thanks very much for the fantastic review and taking the time to share your journey. We are pleased to hear that your experience has been positive and we look forward to supporti... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Aug 2017

if you want to build your home, build it with none other than 8HOMES :) :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

8 homes is the best building company i have ever come across. Almost all aspects of the company are excellent. It delivers on what it promises. My experience has been very satisfying with 8homes. Right from the sales consultant to the end, all the people involved are very professional and supportive. I really appreciate their patience and expertise in carrying out their jobs. A special mention of Maddy patel, he has been super helpful from the very beginning and has been with us throughout. unlike other building companies, it covers almost all of your home building and makes it ready to move in and relax. I would highly recommend 8homes to all my friends and relatives. very happy :):)

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Abdul, It’s extremely rewarding to read that you're completely satisfied with the level of service provided by our team. We thank you for 5 star review and taking the time to share your experie... read more »

Melbourne, VIC

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Jun 2017

bit slow in processing requests, right now we are back on track, i'll update with the progress

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

we had quite a tough time with the processing time, at this stage we have been in the process of finalising contracts. i'll update my review again with the progress ...

we are more than a year from initial deposit and still not been able to sign... been promised and still no one contact to actually resolve the issues.

Delay - Delay - Delay (more than a year and we are not even close to signing contracts)

8 easy steps to delay, Broken Promises, more delays:
Step 1: Signed initial contracts and Sales Rep left company (3 months to get ne
w Sales Agent)
Step 2: Signed again and finalise the quotes and designs (who got approvals from sales and engineering - in approx 2-1/2 months )
Step 3: Went to first Tender Appointment : got the new prices, and drafting has Engineering team has made up their own plans, which were hugely different than what discussed in the quote/meetings, We have adjusted the plans to reflect all those changes again.
Step 4: Went to second Tender Appointment (date was given after 2 months : Again got the new prices, and drafting and Engineering team has made-up again their own plans, not reflecting the changes which discussed in the first tenders, and again prices went rocket high, Due to amount they charge for changes are extremely high. They also started charging for re-drafting fees, which we are trying to adjust the plans as they didn't incorporate the changes.
Step 5: We have removed all changes which they have priced up very high, removed most of the things, Admin and drafting team sat and made hand drafted sketch, we approved.
Step 6: we have been emailing them as it was promised to be sketched in two days, which took them 5 weeks. Admin lady advised, she is waiting for Sales manager, who is on leave, then she said she is going to obtain all the costs as per the final sketches and everything under control.
Step 7: after been waiting for more than 2 months, she always been advising, she is just waiting for one final thing... and we have been emailed, the design, which 8homes drafted, and we have been waiting for, is not possible.
Step 8: we are still waiting, we have been promised for days and then weeks and months pass and we send emails and emails but no positive response.

in short 1/100, but unfortunately there is not many

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi D8Final, We're disappointed that you feel we have let you down. As you are aware, our customer service team leader has been in contact with you to discuss your concerns and is working with you... read more »

I must admit, communication is really good at most of the times, by our Admin, she is fantastic. I've been promised to get all sorted in a week time, I'll wait and see how things unfolds, i do app... read more »

Eight Homes Official

Hi D8Final, We understand that as of Friday 19/05/2017 you spoke to your Customer Service Officer and her Team Leader and identified there are no outstanding concerns. The Customer Service Team L... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Satisfied customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

The process up to date has been excellent. Steve B out at Woodlea really knows his stuff and has been an excellent help. I highly recommend him to any one looking to build. Jessica Goegan our admin has been very helpful and Jackie Ring our color consultant made the process very easy. Very happy with our color selection. Looking forward to getting the build started.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Trent M, Thanks very much for providing a fantastic review. We are pleased to read that your experience so far has been a positive one and we look forward to supporting you throughout the remai... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Great experience with Eight homes and staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Dealing with Jessica Goegan was an absolute please, very easy going and nothing was too hard to do. Also very punctual and did what she promised.
Our original builder went into receivership, Eight homes came to the party and recognised the sense of urgency and time wasted to date. We are now at site within a short time. Really happy to date.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Zlat14, Thank you for the amazing review! We're absolutely delighted to read that our customer service specialist has provided constant support and guidance throughout your building journey. ... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Excellent communication and customer services

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

Eight homes has so far being very swift with the build, communication has been excellent. The sales consultant gave us upfront pricing and fixed site costs which did not change during contract appointment. Progess on our house has been very good. Our Construction Customer Service Specialist Lauren has been updating us in a timely manner in regards to the progress of our build. Definitely will use them again!

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi jkwan, Thanks very much for taking the time to review Eight Homes. We couldn't be happier to read that the entire process has been a positive experience for you. We'll be sure to communicate ... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Dec 2017

A very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

We built our first home with Urban Edge and as we were happy with their service we selected Eight Homes to be the builder of our second home. The moment we met Chloe Amolo, a sales consultant at Eight Homes we realized that our decision was right. She was a wonderful person and attended to all our needs professionally and did not delay any of our requests. We are immensely happy of her service. We will certainly recommend her service to anyone without any doubts. Overall, the customer service of Eight Homes including the service provided by the Contract Administrator, the Color Administrator was very satisfactory. We are very happy so far.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Sardha, Congratulations on starting your journey with Eight Homes and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're absolutely delighted you've chosen to build you second home with us ... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

We have now finalized our plans & booked in for our colours appointment to start our build in June. Steve from Woodlea, Rockbank has been absolutely amazing....he really looked after us & helped us choose a home to suit not only our needs but more importantly our budget. Steve put so much effort into customizing our floorplan to exactly what we wanted & worked many hours in his own time until we were happy with everything. I can't wait until our build start & hope the fantastic experience we've had so far, continues until the end of build. I highly recommend Steve to anyone looking to build their next home.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Jopaps, Thank you for taking the time to review Eight Homes. We're delighted to read that your sales consultant has been supportive throughout the sales process and provided an outcome you wer... read more »

1 of 20 pages

Hi I am building with eight homes in atherstone estate lot [Personal Information removed]. I did choose a niche to be built in my family room in a s six house. I choose the niche from the display home and I asked the sales consultant that I want same niche in my house. He put it in my qoute. He added the wrong description of this niche instead of 500 mm deep he put it 90mm niche. I did not get the final drawing copy until the day of my contract so I couldn't check the dimensions and on contract day I was rushed by admin to sign the documents asap. I asked my admin [Name Removed] to fix the niche but she said I have signed the plan drawings .Now please tell me how can I check every single dimension on the plan and sign all the documents in two hours? I don't want any bad experience from eight homes so please fix these little issues. Thanks

Harry asked on May 17, 2017

Hi Harjit,

Thank you for your enquiry. We understand you've been in touch with the Building Manager today to discuss your concerns.

Should you have any further questions, please contact the Building Manager directly.

Bec

Hi, yes you are required to verify every single measurement in drawings as if you catch their mistake they will say you signed!!! we had a good drawings at contract, then other set of drawing got made due to a variation done by builder, we did not check and they had changed some measurements not related to change and when we noticed the wrong measurement we were treated as if we were in the wrong for pointing their mistake!

Thanks Eight homes to rectify the issues , great response, quick action.

Hi. Am planning to build from eight homes i am interested in their Ace plan. Anyone here has built their house using the ace plan. Pleaee let me know your experience especially intereted in the odd staircase design Thanks Rajesh

Gullu asked on May 16, 2017

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks very much for your enquiry. If you would like more information about our staircase options, please send your contact details to enquiry@8homes.com.au or visit your nearest display centre and we'll happily provide more information.

Bec

Hello, We are thinking about building and have a few questions - how many single storeys do you build? - how many double storeys do you build? - how many homes per year do you build? We may have to relocate soon, what areas of Australia do you build in? Thanks so much!

James asked on May 12, 2017

Hi James,

Thanks very much for your enquiry. Eight Homes build in Melbourne metro & Geelong, for more information about our build zones please visit the website https://www.8homes.com.au/why-eight-homes/build-zones. Alternatively, please send you full name and contact details to enquiry@8homes.com.au and we'll be in touch with more information.

See all 47 questions about Eight Homes