Filter By:

Verified Purchase Office Location: QLD, Mackay

Professional Service ensured stress free move.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

My move was from family home to high rise apartment requiring two months of storage in between.
Communication from the first enquiry, quote, storage actual move and relocation was true to arrangements, documentation and met my individual deadline.

Verified Purchase Office Location: WA, Perth

Moved packages alright but no responsibility taken for damages

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

My family moved from regional city to metro city. It was a 4X2 house to 3X2 unit. Everything was settled fine and delivered on time. Uplift people came one early but when we look into it, we feel that they do not have the passion of work and very lazy in packing taking too much time. Did not bother to listen to our suggestions for packing of the furnitures. It results in breaking one of our bed frames where we suggested them to dismantle and pack which the guys don't agree or else we have give the owners manual. Delivery guys was very professio nal and give good care to handle the packages. Office response was very poor when contacted fro the damage telling the excuse that we did not had the insurance. We don't understand the point, it should be the responsibility of the movers to handle the packages of the clients not the clients. Why should the client should pay for the damage caused due to miss handling of the packages by movers. It looks like "movers will take the money and deliver to clients premises but the responsibility of the damages falls to client side even if the goods are miss handled by movers. It looks like the responsibility of care to goods moved fall to client who pay for the move. So have to clients take insurance so that movers can handle the goods as they like. Do not need to bother about the damages. It looks conning to us. All together we are 50% happy with the move. Also uplift people did not put enough care for the protection of the door channels which damaged the rails of the glass door while moving packages out of the house where we had to repair it and couple of flower vases broken and the artificial flowers were not packed properly causing them to bend and made unuseful again. Tried to talk to the company rep from the uplift point but he handballed the issues to others telling they no responsibility of any damage.

Verified Purchase Office Location: NT, Darwin

One word: Wow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

Our family moved across town to move into a bigger house. The issue was we were moving from a small flat that had five flights of stairs and no lift. Allied Pickfords had helped us move in the past, as well as store some furniture for us, so we knew they would do a good job moving us again. (They somehow beat expectations again for us.)
The day of the move was emotional for me, but the Allied Pickfords team helped us get everything finalised and down ALL those stairs. I cannot express how wonderful it was to have such a professional team help
us. We arrived at our new house and everything was set up in just over an hour.
I want to mention the office ladies were very quick with their emails and the movers on the day explained everything clearly and politely - especially to a tenant who was a little teary with all the stresses from moving.
As mentioned, we usually use Allied Pickfords for our moves and will continue to use this company for a long time to come! So very happy with the level of service and now recommend them over and over again to all our friends and family!

Verified Purchase Office Location: QLD, Townsville

It was a great experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Moved from a two bedroom apartment to another two bedroom apartment in a short distance. Was a good outcome generally and the movers did great finishing in time

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hello Fiona,
Good to hear that your move with Allied Pickfords was a success. We wish you and the family the best in your new home.

Verified Purchase Office Location: QLD, Emerald

Brisbane to Emerald: Very attentive and helpful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I moved a small amount of furniture out to a remote shift house. The Allied Pickfords (AP) website described exactly what I should expect and how my goods were to be packed and handled. This information gave me the confidence to select them as other companies were not so explicit.
I needed to consider different strategies to help keep the cost down. AP were very flexible, accommodating and this helped me achieve the lowest quote. The communication was excellent: I received quick responses that actually addressed the content of my emails. I was
very happy with this level of service.
The quality of the service from the Emerald team was just as good and the collection went very smoothly. The nice lady there even helped me lift a couple of awkward items.
I'm very happy with the protection given to the items AP moved for me. I was very happy with level of service and I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hello Idontlikeregistering,
Great to hear that your move went smoothly as planned and the outstanding service provided by our Emerald team. We wish you the best in your new home in Emerald.
Regards Allied Pickfords

Verified Purchase Office Location: QLD, Brisbane

Excellent Outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

* 4 bedroom, a number of sheds and a lot of kitchen stuff
* I would classify it as over a long distance
* Exactly on time...to the last minute

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hi Bob,
Nice to hear your positive feedback in regards to your move. We wish you the best in your new home. Regards Allied Pickfords

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Shattered, like much of my breakables

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Verified Purchase Office Location: TAS, Hobart

Professional and great communications

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I was moving a small amount of possessions from Queensland to Tasmania. From the very beginning my contact with Allied Pickfords was very professional and communications first class.
They rang the day before pick up to confirm a time and on the day to say that they were running a little late. Two weeks later I receive a call to say that my goods were available for pickup in Hobart.
I arranged an appointment next day to pick my possessions up and collected them from storage. Very professional and efficient. I would not hesitate using the again.

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hello Tony,
Great to hear that your move went smoothly as planned. We wish you the best in your new home in Hobart.

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Geelong

pickup straight forward and organised

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

We had a 4x2 house. The pickup was organised and professional. All 3 men were cheerful, polite and knew what they were doing.

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hello KimG,
Great to hear about you positive moving experience with Allied Pickfords. We wish you the best in your new home.
Regards Allied Pickfords

Perth, WA

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Office Location: WA, Karratha

Quick, careful and friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Used them to relocate an art gallery and office. All the art was handled carefully but quickly - because the move was a short distance they advised that we needn't wrap each individual piece - which saved us *hours* of work - and yet they loaded, moved and unload it all without any damage. The moving team were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hello Polemic,
Pleasing to hear your positive feedback in regards to your art gallery move! We wish you the best in your new office. Regards Allied Pickfords

Verified Purchase Office Location: WA, Perth

We won't move again without them!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Moving house is listed as one of the most stressful life events. Allied delivered a superb, careful service from start to finish and reduced our stress levels immesurably. They provided a fantastic price to pack then move a 4 bedroom home, store it and then redeliver, that represented excellent benefit for the cost. We would unhesitatingly reccomend their services.

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hello Ctmerrick, thank you for your feedback, great to hear that the large move was a success. Best of luck to you and the family in your new home.

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Very professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Comments
Allied Pickfords Official

Hello Lorraine,
Great to hear that your large move with Allied Pickfords was a success. We wish you and the family the best in your new home in North Queensland. Regards Allied Pickfords.

1 of 26 pages

Hi, my boxes have been shipped from the UK and I was told they would arrive on 23/9. I have been trying to get hold of someone to find out where my boxes are as I haven't heard anything! I have called about 6 times and no one answers and no calls me back. My reference number is AP1132867. Please get back to me asap!

Ashleigh Gleeson asked on Oct 10, 2016

Answer this

Hello Ashleigh, I understand one of our staff members has made contact regrading the above. If you have any other queries please message us.
Regards,
Allied Pickfords.

I'm in this exact same situation! I chose door-to-door shipment from London to Sydney, it's been a month since the estimated delivery and I'm getting really frustrated!

I'm thinking about using Allied, did they help resolve you issue?

We will appreciate it we can get a response from a senior operations manager at Allied Pickfords. Our furniture was delivered on 23 June 2016, in Murrumbateman NSW from Perth, WA. One item is a 380 kg Table saw which could not be downloaded due to weight and not the right equipment has gone missing. After many phone calls we were advised by the ACT branch manager that the Saw has been misplaced and now in Darwin. We were advised yesterday (18 July) that the Table saw is expected by train in Sydney on Thurs 21 Jul. We are utterly disappointed that Allied Pickfords does not take this matter seriously. We expected that all steps necessary be taken to fix their mistake, and consider all options for instance: trucked directly or flown directly . It appears that the slowest method was chosen to get it back to Murrumbateman. Can we please get a set delivery date?

Susanna asked on Jul 19, 2016

Answer this

Hello Susanna, can you provide your contact details via private message so I can follow up on this matter.
Regards, Allied Pickfords

Allied Pickfords, Please give a number or email that I can respond to, if I reply here it will be public. There is suppose to be a review resolution button but cannot find it on my screen.

Please email our National Service Delivery Manager - james.dickson@alliedpickfords.com.au with your details and so we can follow through on your comments.

Thanks Allied Pickfords

Do you move a car from Sydney to Toowoomba?

Sharon asked on Mar 16, 2016

Answer this

Hello Sharon, thank you for the question. If your are moving your household contents with Allied Pickfords we can also coordinate the move of your vehicle. However if you only require to move your vehicle your best to contact one of our preferred suppliers CEVA on 13 2277.

See all 6 questions about Allied Pickfords