Please note: WPS Financial Services ceased trading in 2012. Reviews relating to financial advice provided by WPS Financial Services should be posted here. Reviews on this page relate to Anne Street Partners only.

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes

Dodgy Financial Planners!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2012

I would not recommend this company to anyone!!! We paid a lot of money to use their service and they were negligent to us. They applied for our insurances and advised that we were now covered. However, when my husband had an accident and required income protection, we were advised that this never went through even though we had multiple emails assuring us they had applied for these insurances. I would not trust them at all!!! We have been lied to by this company and the customer service after this event has been appalling !

Read - [url removed]

- Worst customer service I have experienced

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Life changing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2013

+ Focused our wants and needs, reliable

- Had to pay a little extra to complete our wills and powers of attorney

Private message

Should have done it sooner

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2013

I sat down with an adviser from Anne street partners at the end of last year. My partner and I are in our 40's and thought we were doing alright (compared to our friends). After spending 3 hrs with the adviser we had a much better understanding of how we were tracking and how much work was going to be required to actually achieve all of our goals. It was quite evident that we were not doing as well as we could or should have been.

We had a plan drawn up and couldn't be happier! Our home is now going to be paid off in a matter of years rath
er than the 15 we were expecting it to take. We have also set up a self managed super fund which I am thrilled about as our super was a mess and being whittled away in fees, it has also allowed us much more control over how it is invested allowing us to finally invest in a property.

They also gave us the motivation to finally get wills (which we had been talking about for years but never got around to).

I am so thankful for everything they have done and I highly recommend Anne street partners to anyone.

+ Knowledgeable, inexpensive, have our interests at heart

Sydney

• 1 comment
Private message

What a fantastic change in less than a year

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2013

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Ok it's nearly 3 years later. The investment property in Bendigo is a dud. Never rented for anything like the proposed rent. The $320 a week goes nowhere near covering the mortgage payments. My acc... read more »

Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Susan, Thank you for your feedback. We understand your concerns and I believe that your Adviser has made contact with you on the back of your March review with a view to diversifying your port... read more »

Gold Coast

Private message

Best thing we have done!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2013

On the advice of a friend, we called [Personal Name Removed] at Anne St to see how we could minimise our income tax, and generally get on the right track with our finances.
After meeting with [Personal Name Removed], we found him to be totally professional, understanding, and the best part was that he spoke in plain English, no jargon!
When we left his office we felt empowered and excited about the future. And the most important part is that we now know what we have to do to reach our goals.

Thanks so much

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2013

We have had a traumatic few years but thanks to Anne Street Partners (and WPS) we have managed to not only keep our heads above water but be ahead of where we thought we could be. For the small investment at the start we have been given advice but never badgered and know that if any problems occur a simple phone call can have things back on track. They assisted us to develop strategies that we would never have considered otherwise. Thanks to all the guys in the Brisbane office that have helped us

+ Reliable, dependable and approachable

feedback

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2013

I originally sought out wps based on a friends experience with the company and I have not been disappointed. [name removed] and anne street partners have been amazing and have secured my financial future. I have since reccomended thier serves to my friends and [name removed] has helped them secure thier finacial future. Thanks.

+ professional. did not matter that I did nor have millions to invest, they treated my money with the same respect.

• 4 helpful votes

Absolutely rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2013

We chose to go with this company and paid our $650 within an hour of the financial advisor leaving our home. Once our money was approved we were harassed by a minimum of 5 phone calls a day needing endless amounts of personnel information. We then received a text message asking us to attend a meeting. So we tried to call the company and rebook as we both worked that day. Noone returned our calls so we both took a day off to attend and got baby sitting for our 3 children. Only to find out 1 hour before that they made a mistake and it was never really on. So we sacked the company. Now they have had our money for 3 weeks and keep coming up with excuses why our money has not been returned. We are seeking legal advice and going to the papers.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Thanks [name removed]!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2013

We wanted to leave a review on here as we had a wonderful experience with Anne Street Partners. They were recommended by some colleagues as we wanted to find out about suitable self managed supers. We spoke to a few members of the team but wanted to thank [name removed], he was really helpful and put us in the right direction. Self managed funds can be a bit of a tangle to sort through, but he made it very easy for us. I hope the company see this and give the young man a pat on the back!

+ Nice staff, lots of clear information that can often be hard to understand for people

Very happy indeed

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2013

My partner and myself have been dealing with Anne Street Partners (formerly WPS) for the past 5 or so years . We have found them to be honest, diligent and easy to get along with. They got us on the right track (financially) with the view to retire sooner than later. there was and is never any pressure to buy or do anything they suggested, the decision is your's alone, they never over extended us financially and "our best interests" were always at the forefront, my partner works all week so it's hard for us to get into the city for our appoint ments, but they work in with us, we have had them come to our home or we have gone into their office on a Saturday.
We get calls from our advisor just to see how we are doing, financially and personally.
I would have no reservations recommending Anne Street Partners to anyone that is considering any kind of financial advice, in fact I tell anyone who is interested on how we got where we are today, and it is all thanks to advisors we have.

+ Easy to understand, friendly and helpful

Great service excellent people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about Anne Street. Excellent service was provided, an indepth review was done for both me and my wife across the board financially. We were given back an extensive list of possibilities of what areas we could improve and different options on how to do it. We are now paying less tax and are building our portfolio for retirement.

George and Judy

+ Options

Annual finance review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2013

There were most helpful and thorough. Came up with real advice which solved some critical issues. I have been a customer of WPS who are now Anne St for a number of years. In my dealings I have never had any reason to question the honesty or integrity of their advice.

+ good personal service

1 of 19 pages

After i pay them off by your halp ,,is my name going to be clear again ?

Aram rashet asked on Jan 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Aram,

Apologies - what is this in reference to?

Kind regards
Brent

I having been reading through the reviews for Anne St partners ( Financial Planners ) and have found a lot reflect my own experience of basically bad advice. However its incredible how many people who ' have been with Anne St for many years now " all of a sudden decide to write an over the top positive review. Is there any way of verifying that these are real people and not just company from the company itself ?

Brisbane asked on Mar 16, 2015

Answer this

Hi there Brisbane

Firstly, I apologise if you haven't received a positive experience from us. I'd certainly like to have the opportunity to put this right and you can contact me personally on info@annestreetpartners.com.au - attention Brent. I'd actually like to look into any concerns you have.

In terms of posting reviews, every adviser at Anne Street Partners is encouraged to ask for feedback after each appointment as it gives all of the executive team an unbiased look at our service offering. We certainly monitor each review and where the reviewer leaves some details we try to address any concerns on a one-to-one basis. Some reviewers prefer to use a pseudonym, and this can lead to identification issues, so we try to reach out to them using the site. Obviously we love to receive glowing reviews, but we know that with many changes within the organisation this won't be the case every time, so we encourage a realistic view each and every time.

Brent - Anne Street Partners Marketing

I'm real - I just gave an honest answer to the request for a review

Yep, my review is real.

2 things:

1. any investment has some form of inherent risk. Thinking you'll make fifty-hundred percent return in two weeks on a property is ludicrous, its the real world, not blocyard blitz.
2. you do actually need to do some work and thinking for yourself. Do you think if they had some magic formula for making money appear from thin air, that they would be working?