i have no facebook account

Private message

Extremely Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

I purchased the under blanket, a quilt equal to a 4 blanket equivalent and a pillow.
For a product that retails at six to seven times the cost (only being 30 micron wool approx) of the material required to produce it I expected better. I was cold all night and got little sleep the worst night I have had for years. The smell of the raw sheep lanolin leaking from inside the quilt made me feel sick I found this disgusting. I was assured prior to purchase that the wool was sent to Geelong to be cleaned and carded. Having two decades in the wool in
dustry I can only say if the wool was cleaned it was poorly done. This is the single most waste of money on any domestic product I have ever made in over six decades. Any one suffering Chronic Pain and or Arthritis may want to steer clear of this product; the weight alone applies a lot of pressure especially on your feet and ankle joints that builds up during the night. I can only assume that other people that have posted reviews on this product may have their bedroom temperature warm to mild besides being under this quilt, any one that has poor circulation, Chronic Pain or Arthritis, or that feels the cold may need to steer clear of this product. I was assured in writing I would be snug, warm and toasty by the maker of these quilts, but I was cold all night and felt sick from the smell of the lanolin that was still in the wool.
I made a terrible decision swapping from a Kimpton 80% Duck Down and 20% duck feather Doona which are now back on the bed (two of them). As for the pillow that came with the quilt and under blanket that too has been discarded – I found this whole experience very disappointing and an absolute waste of money and time. Why does the quilt smell so bad of raw lanolin? An invoice would have been nice stating what I had purchased.
The under blanket had only four elastic straps to hold it in place - in this day and age and for the price I expected it to be fitted, how silly I was, all in all for the money charged perhaps there is room for improvement.
For me though a woolen quilt was a mistake, and it docent come close to being as user friendly as a feather and Down Doona.

Hi, i have to replace my family's very old wool quilts, reluctantly, as they seem to have lost some effectiveness. I live in Brisbane, it is mostly warm and humid but winter nights can get down to 10' and occasionally lower, and we have to add a blanket over the quilt, but autumn & spring min around 12 - 15 , and in summer we fold them away. What do you think would suit us? I like to snuggle up to my chin! What is better..washable or dry clean? Casaberth

Casaberth asked on Apr 21, 2017

A 2 blanket quilt will be fine

What quilt is best for freezing cold nights in Tasmania?

julie asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

I have the 2 for hubby and 3 for me. We're in Melbourne and sleep with the window open every night. We don't get really really cold I think the coldest night is around 1-2 degrees. I can honestly say I'm toasted with the 3. I am 48 so probably a few hot flushes help...
If you're a really cold person then get the 4 but they are they warmest quilt ever.

I have purchased the 2blanket queen quilt for myself and son
and the 3blanket for my daughter. The 2b are perfect however my daughter tells me that the 3b is super super warm so that sometimes she is too hot. Would guarantee these quilts any day. Would stick with the 2b .

Hi all, I have a wool doona 500 GSM and i wake up with fibres everywhere! Have you experienced this with these?

Winnie asked on Jul 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Winnie, we had the same problem with a Bambi wool doona purchased at Forty winks and brought it back. They said it must be a manufacturing problem. I think it could be a health risk.

See all 5 questions about Aussie Wool Quilts Boort