sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Perfect for partners with different heat needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2012

I'm so happy with this quilt, it's really beautiful quality, 100% chemical free, (hand made in Australia by Ian and Marilyn Lanyon from Aussie Wool Quilts Boort - you need the Boort when doing a Google search as there are similar producers).

I searched for a long time to find a good quality dual warmth duvet so that my husband could have a thin layer and I could have a thick warm layer.

Incredibly soft and squidgy, whilst being light weight and cool on one side and slightly more dense, but ultra warm on the other. the lady advised m
e against selecting a 1:4 combo as she said the 4 was really very warm and may only be suitable for really cold winter. We went with the 1:3 combo and I'm glad we did - the 3 is perfect. Handmade, on the farm in victoria. Also, you're buying direct from the farm, so the prices are really very reasonable compared to those I saw in retail outlets, even with freight which was very cheap. Chemical/allergy free.

I wished I'd have come across this Dual Warmth quilt (made by Aussie Wool Quilts Boort) before - it would have saved us years of difficult sleeping.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Penola

• 2 answers

Beautiful Quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

Great quality product - have purchased 5 of these quilts now - 3 of them I have had for 15 years and still going strong. Most recent purchases for my two adult children - should last them a lifetime. Well done to Marilyn and her team for a great product and great customer service.

Private message

These Aussie wool under blankets are the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

Quilt is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

I'm so happy I found these guys!! Originally I was planning to just get a store bought quilt - but after reading online poor reviews for major brands and the the glowing customer reviews for Aussie Wool Quilts Boort, I decided to order from these guys. The quilt arrived with a week of ordering and has been keeping me super warm and comfortable. The quality is outstanding. I've never had a wool quilt before, but now I wouldn't buy anything else! I'd recommend this product to anyone wanting to buy a quilt.

Ringwood East

• 1 question
Private message

Customer service and my wool quilt are sensational!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2016

Prior to ordering I had some questions, Marilyn and her husband (the owners of Aussie Wool Quilts) were very helpful, my wool quilt arrived the following week. I love my new quilt, it's perfection.

Purchased at: Aussie Wool Quilts

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

We visited Aussie wool Quilts Boort on Saturday 16 April, beautiful place, friendly staff, high quality products.

I purchased two pillows and one quilt. Happy, the only problem is after using pillows, they get thinner and thinner and they are not comfortable anymore.

Private message

Big, soft, squishy cloud!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2016

I recently purchased a duo quilt after seeking advice from Aussie Wool Quilts. Sleeping under it is like being cuddled by a big, soft, squishy cloud! It is AMAZING.

Well done on a high quality, locally made product.

Delegate, New South Wales

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Luxurious.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2015

We have a King 3 and absolutely love it. Dont know why we would ever buy another down and feather quilt again. Great service. Great quality. Thank you. And Aussie owned and made. What more could you want.

Penrith

Great Product, Great Service,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2015

I am very pleased with the 4/2quilts and under blankets that I purchased from Aussie Wool Quilts for home and the motorhome.The quality and service is excellent, great turn around time from ordering to delivery.Would highly recommend this great Australian Company.
Thanks Aussie Wool Quilts

Exceptional Service and Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2014

After searching the local stores and my usual online ones for a good quality Woollen Super King Doona that wasn't going to break the bank and having no luck I stumbled across the Aussie Wool Quilts Boort site. After checking out the site I noticed that they didn't have any prices for a Super King Doona but did state that they custom made products. I picked up the phone and rang them and was blown away with the friendly service I was given. I was advised straight away that yes they could make me a Super King Doona and I was put onto Marilyn w ho proceeded to explain to me the process that goes into making their products. I was very impressed and purchased on the spot a 3 blanket Super King Doona, King under blanket and two woollen pillows. I paid by direct payment on the same day (Thursday) and was rapt to receive an email on the Friday to advise that they would be sending my order in two lots at no extra cost to me as they had my pillows and under blanket ready to ship on the Monday morning, but were still making my doona. My first order arrived on the following Tuesday and was followed on the Friday by my Doona after once again receiving an email advising it was enroute. The speed, efficiency and quality of the products has been outstanding. We are loving our new bedding and can't thank Marilyn and the team enough for their wonderful service and attention to detail. We will definitely be purchasing from you again. Many Thanks, Kylie

+ Exceptional quality Australian made products at really affordable prices.

1 of 6 pages

Hi, i have to replace my family's very old wool quilts, reluctantly, as they seem to have lost some effectiveness. I live in Brisbane, it is mostly warm and humid but winter nights can get down to 10' and occasionally lower, and we have to add a blanket over the quilt, but autumn & spring min around 12 - 15 , and in summer we fold them away. What do you think would suit us? I like to snuggle up to my chin! What is better..washable or dry clean? Casaberth

Casaberth asked on Apr 21, 2017

A 2 blanket quilt will be fine

What quilt is best for freezing cold nights in Tasmania?

julie asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

I have the 2 for hubby and 3 for me. We're in Melbourne and sleep with the window open every night. We don't get really really cold I think the coldest night is around 1-2 degrees. I can honestly say I'm toasted with the 3. I am 48 so probably a few hot flushes help...
If you're a really cold person then get the 4 but they are they warmest quilt ever.

I have purchased the 2blanket queen quilt for myself and son
and the 3blanket for my daughter. The 2b are perfect however my daughter tells me that the 3b is super super warm so that sometimes she is too hot. Would guarantee these quilts any day. Would stick with the 2b .

Hi all, I have a wool doona 500 GSM and i wake up with fibres everywhere! Have you experienced this with these?

Winnie asked on Jul 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Winnie, we had the same problem with a Bambi wool doona purchased at Forty winks and brought it back. They said it must be a manufacturing problem. I think it could be a health risk.

See all 5 questions about Aussie Wool Quilts Boort