i have no facebook account

Extremely Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

I purchased the under blanket, a quilt equal to a 4 blanket equivalent and a pillow.
For a product that retails at six to seven times the cost (only being 30 micron wool approx) of the material required to produce it I expected better. I was cold all night and got little sleep the worst night I have had for years. The smell of the raw sheep lanolin leaking from inside the quilt made me feel sick I found this disgusting. I was assured prior to purchase that the wool was sent to Geelong to be cleaned and carded. Having two decades in the wool in
dustry I can only say if the wool was cleaned it was poorly done. This is the single most waste of money on any domestic product I have ever made in over six decades. Any one suffering Chronic Pain and or Arthritis may want to steer clear of this product; the weight alone applies a lot of pressure especially on your feet and ankle joints that builds up during the night. I can only assume that other people that have posted reviews on this product may have their bedroom temperature warm to mild besides being under this quilt, any one that has poor circulation, Chronic Pain or Arthritis, or that feels the cold may need to steer clear of this product. I was assured in writing I would be snug, warm and toasty by the maker of these quilts, but I was cold all night and felt sick from the smell of the lanolin that was still in the wool.
I made a terrible decision swapping from a Kimpton 80% Duck Down and 20% duck feather Doona which are now back on the bed (two of them). As for the pillow that came with the quilt and under blanket that too has been discarded – I found this whole experience very disappointing and an absolute waste of money and time. Why does the quilt smell so bad of raw lanolin? An invoice would have been nice stating what I had purchased.
The under blanket had only four elastic straps to hold it in place - in this day and age and for the price I expected it to be fitted, how silly I was, all in all for the money charged perhaps there is room for improvement.
For me though a woolen quilt was a mistake, and it docent come close to being as user friendly as a feather and Down Doona.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

We visited Aussie wool Quilts Boort on Saturday 16 April, beautiful place, friendly staff, high quality products.

I purchased two pillows and one quilt. Happy, the only problem is after using pillows, they get thinner and thinner and they are not comfortable anymore.

THE ONLY CHOICE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Love this washable wool quilt - just extremely happy. Bought this for my daughter moving into a big girl bed, and Ian amazed at the warmth and quality .. was expecting to be happy - but this company well exceeded my expectations - firstly by the service, i spoke with a incredibly kind lady to help me figure out what i wanted, then left it as i looked around for other compatible products .. paid on par what i would have bought for this item in a department store, but it was local, natural, and washable - other duvets that were washable were not natural .. very happy .. great company, well done

Port Macquarie

• 1 answer

Best doona ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

We purchased a King doona in the 2 warmth. It is super cosy and hard to get out of bed in the morning! It is machine washable and we aired it for a day before using it but it had no smell other than a "new" smell that you would expect from a new item. It is the right warmth for autumn/winter/spring between maybe 17 and 21 degrees.
Before we purchased a cheaper wool doona from Forty Winks and had to give it back because it was loosing hair through the fabric. The Boort one is definitely worth the money!

very high quality and warm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

I purchased a double quilt for our son's king single bed and it fits perfectly. The quilt is plump and even and feels of very high quality. We also loved the quaint packaging!

Great quality quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

I recently bought another of these quilts. They are of a really high quality & their mail delivery service was so efficient (I ordered on a Saturday & it was here on Wednesday). The quilts are warm ( I bought the two blanket one & it is keeping me very cosy at the moment. I live in Adelaide). They have a lovely to touch cotton cover. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a new quilt

Super toasty quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

We ordered a super-king 3 back in April for our chilly Canberra winter. We could not be happier. (In fact, we probably could have gotten away with a number 2, since the bedroom doesn't ever get really cold, and we usually have the kid join us at some point during the night! Also, the size upgrade from a king to a super-king means more overhang, and therefore extra warmth.) We spoke with Ann, who was super helpful and friendly. We have since ordered another 3 for our daughter, and are about to order a lighter-weight one for summer. I see that someone here has complained about the smell - this was just not the case with our quilt. There was no smell at all. We did air it for a day before putting it on the bed, as recommend, but I didn't detect any smell before this anyway. And yes, these quilts are heavy, especially if you are used to a down quilt - it took a few nights to get used to the weight, but there is no overheating as was the case with our down quilt. Really, really, really happy. Thank you Aussie Wool Quilts!

Penola

• 1 review
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Beautiful Quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

Great quality product - have purchased 5 of these quilts now - 3 of them I have had for 15 years and still going strong. Most recent purchases for my two adult children - should last them a lifetime. Well done to Marilyn and her team for a great product and great customer service.

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Perfect quilt - excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

Brilliant product so very thrilled with our King quilt number 2 - such great service and advice and quick delivery - brilliant product would highly recommend support our Aussie Farmers!

Novel product with great health benefits

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

Thoroughly enjoy my Ww. Great for arthritic joints and as a comforter. I love being able to purchase natural products directly from the farmer/manufacturer.
The service has been flawless throughout.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

These Aussie wool under blankets are the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

1 of 6 pages

Hi, i have to replace my family's very old wool quilts, reluctantly, as they seem to have lost some effectiveness. I live in Brisbane, it is mostly warm and humid but winter nights can get down to 10' and occasionally lower, and we have to add a blanket over the quilt, but autumn & spring min around 12 - 15 , and in summer we fold them away. What do you think would suit us? I like to snuggle up to my chin! What is better..washable or dry clean? Casaberth

Casaberth asked on Apr 21, 2017

A 2 blanket quilt will be fine

What quilt is best for freezing cold nights in Tasmania?

julie asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

I have the 2 for hubby and 3 for me. We're in Melbourne and sleep with the window open every night. We don't get really really cold I think the coldest night is around 1-2 degrees. I can honestly say I'm toasted with the 3. I am 48 so probably a few hot flushes help...
If you're a really cold person then get the 4 but they are they warmest quilt ever.

I have purchased the 2blanket queen quilt for myself and son
and the 3blanket for my daughter. The 2b are perfect however my daughter tells me that the 3b is super super warm so that sometimes she is too hot. Would guarantee these quilts any day. Would stick with the 2b .

Hi all, I have a wool doona 500 GSM and i wake up with fibres everywhere! Have you experienced this with these?

Winnie asked on Jul 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Winnie, we had the same problem with a Bambi wool doona purchased at Forty winks and brought it back. They said it must be a manufacturing problem. I think it could be a health risk.

See all 5 questions about Aussie Wool Quilts Boort