i have no facebook account

Extremely Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

I purchased the under blanket, a quilt equal to a 4 blanket equivalent and a pillow.
For a product that retails at six to seven times the cost (only being 30 micron wool approx) of the material required to produce it I expected better. I was cold all night and got little sleep the worst night I have had for years. The smell of the raw sheep lanolin leaking from inside the quilt made me feel sick I found this disgusting. I was assured prior to purchase that the wool was sent to Geelong to be cleaned and carded. Having two decades in the wool in
dustry I can only say if the wool was cleaned it was poorly done. This is the single most waste of money on any domestic product I have ever made in over six decades. Any one suffering Chronic Pain and or Arthritis may want to steer clear of this product; the weight alone applies a lot of pressure especially on your feet and ankle joints that builds up during the night. I can only assume that other people that have posted reviews on this product may have their bedroom temperature warm to mild besides being under this quilt, any one that has poor circulation, Chronic Pain or Arthritis, or that feels the cold may need to steer clear of this product. I was assured in writing I would be snug, warm and toasty by the maker of these quilts, but I was cold all night and felt sick from the smell of the lanolin that was still in the wool.
I made a terrible decision swapping from a Kimpton 80% Duck Down and 20% duck feather Doona which are now back on the bed (two of them). As for the pillow that came with the quilt and under blanket that too has been discarded – I found this whole experience very disappointing and an absolute waste of money and time. Why does the quilt smell so bad of raw lanolin? An invoice would have been nice stating what I had purchased.
The under blanket had only four elastic straps to hold it in place - in this day and age and for the price I expected it to be fitted, how silly I was, all in all for the money charged perhaps there is room for improvement.
For me though a woolen quilt was a mistake, and it docent come close to being as user friendly as a feather and Down Doona.

Wonderful buying experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2016

I bought two quilts and have sent them to China for my family. Everyone in China family loves them. The people are great to deal with and the service is wonderful.

• 2 comments
Private message

Fantastic product love our pillows

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2016

I purchase 3 new pillows and they are fantastic!
The best nights sleep since i got them - no more waking up flipping over my pillow.
I am very impressed with them - by far one of the best pillows i have brought, and i have spent hundreds of dollars on the big named pillows advertised on radio!
I would def recommend people to buy these and the customer service was great!
Get behind and support not only a fantastic product, but an Aussie business!

Beautiful products! Highly recommend.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

We received our wool quilt and wool underlay today and we are so impressed with the excellent quality. Beautifully made - you can tell they put a lot of care into making their products. The customer service was also excellent. Marilyn was very helpful and friendly. Overall a wonderful transaction and I'm very happy. Everything is made locally, too. So great to know my order is supporting a local family farm.

Verified Purchase

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

In total I have purchased 7 quilts from them. The first one was a King 3 blanket and loved it. Went ahead and purchased a double 2 blanket for my daughter and it kept her warm through cold Melbourne winter. I then ordered 5 more quilts for relatives overseas and arrived within the week by courier. Couldn't be happier with their product and service and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quilt.

Purchased at: Aussie Wool Quilts

Private message

Loveliest people to deal with and a great product :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

Ordered a quilt from these lovely people. Really great product and probably some of the best customer service I've experienced in ages. I'm not one to buy Australian-made at every opportunity, it's just not realistic. But with customer service and a product like this, I'm happy that I did :).

So lovely, perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

My husband and I bought an Aussie Wool Quilt . We were so pleased when it arrived, it is so soft and warm
just what my husband wanted for his aching back. It was such a good experience buying this Quilt,
lovely people to deal with. Thank you so much.

Quilt is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

I'm so happy I found these guys!! Originally I was planning to just get a store bought quilt - but after reading online poor reviews for major brands and the the glowing customer reviews for Aussie Wool Quilts Boort, I decided to order from these guys. The quilt arrived with a week of ordering and has been keeping me super warm and comfortable. The quality is outstanding. I've never had a wool quilt before, but now I wouldn't buy anything else! I'd recommend this product to anyone wanting to buy a quilt.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ringwood East

• 1 question

Warm and cosy customers

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

We purchased a doona and pillows at Aussie Wool Quilts for our caravan and we couldn't be happier. We now feel so comfortable in bed in our new home that we look forward to night time. We also stayed at the property in our van and Marilyn and Ian were fantastic hosts, you couldn't ask for more.

An underblanket for the caravan too

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2016

We loved our home underblankets from Aussie Wool Quilts so much we bought one for the caravan. Now we have wonderful underblankets on all the beds in our home as well as a special one in our new caravan. Marilyn responded quickly to all our questions and was able to make the underblanket so that it fits snugly on the bed which is a weird shape and has a bolster. The underblanket arrived very quickly after the measurements were confirmed. We would recommend Marilyn and Ian's underblankets to anyone looking for a warm quality product. Pure bliss!

Underblanket love

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2016

I purchased a king size underblanket and it has surpassed my expectations! Our bed now has such a luxurious feel. The fit is perfect; sits rock solid on the bed, and is so lush and full of beautiful Australian wool. Our sleep is so comfortable and we will never need flanalette sheets again! Fantastic customer service. Ordered very easily over the phone after viewing online videos. Highly recommend.

2 of 6 pages

Hi, i have to replace my family's very old wool quilts, reluctantly, as they seem to have lost some effectiveness. I live in Brisbane, it is mostly warm and humid but winter nights can get down to 10' and occasionally lower, and we have to add a blanket over the quilt, but autumn & spring min around 12 - 15 , and in summer we fold them away. What do you think would suit us? I like to snuggle up to my chin! What is better..washable or dry clean? Casaberth

Casaberth asked on Apr 21, 2017

A 2 blanket quilt will be fine

What quilt is best for freezing cold nights in Tasmania?

julie asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

I have the 2 for hubby and 3 for me. We're in Melbourne and sleep with the window open every night. We don't get really really cold I think the coldest night is around 1-2 degrees. I can honestly say I'm toasted with the 3. I am 48 so probably a few hot flushes help...
If you're a really cold person then get the 4 but they are they warmest quilt ever.

I have purchased the 2blanket queen quilt for myself and son
and the 3blanket for my daughter. The 2b are perfect however my daughter tells me that the 3b is super super warm so that sometimes she is too hot. Would guarantee these quilts any day. Would stick with the 2b .

Hi all, I have a wool doona 500 GSM and i wake up with fibres everywhere! Have you experienced this with these?

Winnie asked on Jul 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Winnie, we had the same problem with a Bambi wool doona purchased at Forty winks and brought it back. They said it must be a manufacturing problem. I think it could be a health risk.

See all 5 questions about Aussie Wool Quilts Boort