Excellent wool quilts and pillows

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2014

We have 2 x 4 blanket quilts, 2 pillows and 1 underblanket from Aussie Wool Quilts Boort. All are excellent quality and comfortable all year around.I also love that they are locally made and also that they are not treated with Ultrafresh antimicrobial treatment, like most of the quilts from the department stores.We've had our quilt, underblanket and pillows for a year and they have maintained their loft and still look as good as new. I thoroughly recommend Aussie Wool Quilts Boort - they are the best!

+ excellent quality; comfortable all year around; natural and NOT treated with Ultrafresh antibacterial treatment

Family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2014

My extended family now has four of these quilts- each different thickness for different climates. I really appreciate being able to buy a locally produced and high quality product. I was impressed by the service- when I called for different payment options, this was quickly addressed. I also valued the email letting me know the product had been dispatched- preparing me for its delivery the following day. Highly recommended.

Outstanding products and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2014

If you're looking for outstanding quality woollen bedding without the huge price tag, look no further than Aussie Wool Quilts Boort. I bought an under blanket, two super king quilts, two pillows and a few of the woollie warmer for less than $1,000! Marilyn provided excellent advice and service too. Can't recommend highly enough.

+ Price, quality, service, speed of delivery for custom order.

- Tricky to decide on pillows that would best sight unseen, but great advice was provided.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

"Natural" wool quilt made locally with options to customise.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2014

I found out about these quilts from the productreview website. I had previously bought a Minijumbuck Lexus quilt which I had to return because of the chronic antiseptic smell issue (mentioned in another review) and was looking for a replacement quilt and wanted to be sure I would not end up with another quilt I did not want to keep. As I was selecting a wool quilt because of its possible benefits for allergy sufferers, I also wanted to have some assurance on the type of processing that materials had been subjected too. So the internet resear ch all checked out well and after contacting Aussie Wool Quilts Boort, they sent me a sample of the quilt so I could do the final check, "a sniff test". I ordered immediately after that and received a quilt that I am very happy with. Even though I am in Perth, WA, I ordered a 4 blanket quilt (warmest) as my son is always cold. Having been a previous user of feather/down quilts, I have found it is true that wool somehow regulates the temperature such that a more even temperature is maintained i.e. we have not found the quilt too hot in warmer weather (as I do with a feather/down quilt) even though it is warm in winter. The only downside of this 4 blanket quilt is that it is quite heavy and stiff because there is a lot of wool in there. It does, however, seem to be softening up a bit with use. Lastly, it's great to buy local from a local Aussie farm and it was a reasonable price. They also offer options on customising quilts and offer pleasant and great service.

+ Quality; good temperature control; no chemical smells; known processing; great service; customised; locally made.

- Warmest quilt (4 blanket) can be heavy and stiff but does loosen up with use.

Warm as toast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2013

I literally used an electric blanket on my bed for 11 months of the year. I haven't used it since I purchased the beautiful woollen under blanket last September. Its almost the end of winter, and I haven't missed the electric blanket, which is nothing short of a miracle. Thankyou.

Stand by these quilts 100%

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2013

Ok as the contractor for auspost that picks up and drops off in boort and many other places I have picked up literally hundreds of these products, I have never returned not 1.
So I thought wow they must be pretty darn good, and after purchasing one I'm more than happy and warmer and more comfy in bed than ever.
Thx Aussie wool quilts for a smooth and happy transaction with brilliant communication
Matt the trucky posty

Very happy customers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2013

My husband and I both had a king size aussie wool quilt each when we got married so we now have a spare one. Needless to say we are very happy with them. In particular, for me, I find that I can sleep under it all year round due to it being wool. We also have a single one for my daughter's bed that now prevents her from getting cold over winter. I have just ordered another one for my son's bed!

Exceptional service and product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2013

Our cot under-blanket was custom made to fit our Boori cot. The delivery was very fast and the product is of very high quality. It fits the mattress perfectly and makes the cot very comfortable and snuggly. I would highly recommend Aussie Wool Quilts Boort and will definitely be a return customer.

+ Friendly, high quality, speedy delivery.

Maternity pillow made to order

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2012

I ordered a made to order pillow to help me sleep during my pregnancy. I wanted something made of wool so i didn't get too hot and something smaller than the pillows you can get in baby stores. I took my lovely pillow with me on our "baby moon ", it travelled really well in my suitcase and was just right in the cool of Perth and the humidity of Cairns.  I may need something thicker later on, but right now it is perfect to put one end between my knees to get my hips in the right position and then I sort of thread it up under my growing belly.  The top of it I kind of cuddle and it supports my also growing breasts! The great thing is it isn't intrusive or push my husband out of the bed!

+ Custom made, cool in hot climate, friendly service

Pillows that are nice & warm & Australian made

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2012

Finally thanks to internet I've found Australian made pillows & quilts! I chose the thin pillow option & suited me perfectly, I do not like fat, thick pillows & I cannot sleep when feather pillows stick out eventually. Wool was first time I tried so much warmer too than the cheap chain store options that go lumpy.

+ Australian, support small business & Aussie farmers

- Would like some more size options in pet beds warmers

Purchased at: Aussie Wool Quilts

Aussiewool Underlay on Water Bed - Fabulous!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2012

After 50 years of having an under blanket slipping on the bladder of the waterbed and the sheet getting tangled up underneath me, I have discovered the surprising solution with the Aussiewool Underlay.
1. It stays put ! 2. It brings warmth from the bladder through the layers of wool to wrap me in sleep.
3. I'm sleeping better than I have for years. 4. As natural wool is such a great insulator, it did take 24 hours for the heat of the waterbed to get through to the bottom sheet, but once there, the heat has stayed, and is a much warmer sleep than before the Aussiewool Underlay. 5. Thank you [name removed] for creating such a beautiful product.

MELBOURNE

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Spreading the wooly warmer warmth :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2012

Thanks for the lovely wooly warmers girls they are fabulous and I am slowly spreading around Ocean Grove :)
And particularly love that they are 100% Australian made in Boort, a real bonus!
Thanks [names removed] for your fabulous, friendly and super fast service too, its nice to support such a great family business

+ It's Warm!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

5 of 6 pages

Hi, i have to replace my family's very old wool quilts, reluctantly, as they seem to have lost some effectiveness. I live in Brisbane, it is mostly warm and humid but winter nights can get down to 10' and occasionally lower, and we have to add a blanket over the quilt, but autumn & spring min around 12 - 15 , and in summer we fold them away. What do you think would suit us? I like to snuggle up to my chin! What is better..washable or dry clean? Casaberth

Casaberth asked on Apr 21, 2017

A 2 blanket quilt will be fine

What quilt is best for freezing cold nights in Tasmania?

julie asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

I have the 2 for hubby and 3 for me. We're in Melbourne and sleep with the window open every night. We don't get really really cold I think the coldest night is around 1-2 degrees. I can honestly say I'm toasted with the 3. I am 48 so probably a few hot flushes help...
If you're a really cold person then get the 4 but they are they warmest quilt ever.

I have purchased the 2blanket queen quilt for myself and son
and the 3blanket for my daughter. The 2b are perfect however my daughter tells me that the 3b is super super warm so that sometimes she is too hot. Would guarantee these quilts any day. Would stick with the 2b .

Hi all, I have a wool doona 500 GSM and i wake up with fibres everywhere! Have you experienced this with these?

Winnie asked on Jul 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Winnie, we had the same problem with a Bambi wool doona purchased at Forty winks and brought it back. They said it must be a manufacturing problem. I think it could be a health risk.

See all 5 questions about Aussie Wool Quilts Boort