Willoughby

Verified Purchase

Best Customer Service I have ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Switching from TPG to Australia On Line has been the best decision that our family has made. Our connection with TPG was terrible and every time we called them about it we got no results and had to wait about an hour on the phone to speak to a human. Switching from TPG to Australia On Line we still had the same problems. However after calling up Australia On Line we were speaking to a human in under 2 minutes. Within about 5 minutes of discussing the problem they had me troubleshooting and playing around with the connection, unlike with TPG, I felt like I was doing all of this troubleshooting with a purpose. After about 10 minutes we realised that it was a fault with the line, something that TPG never worked out. Within a week they had someone from Telstra come out (they use the Telstra lines) and fix it all up. Our network speed went from 0.5mb average to 6mb average. AMAZING.

After the storms in June 2016 we noticed the internet dropping out again and slowing down to un-useable speeds. Once again, called Australia On Line, they picked up almost straight away and worked out what the problem was after a bit of troubleshooting. For the second time they sent out the Telstra guy to fix the lines. I have never had such good customer service.

All of their operators are Aussie (or sound Aussie) which makes talking to them a breeze, nothing is lost in translation / communication.

I'm guessing the bad reviews come from people that don't follow through with the instructions, these guys know whatsup.

I honestly don't know how these guys aren't bigger than they are as they are absolutely amazing. For anyone looking to jump ship, look no further than these legends.

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2016

We went with Australia On Line at the recommendation of a friend and I am very pleased with the service. They set us up with NBN internet and there was absolutely no hassle whatsoever. It was really great actually being able to talk to a real person during the process, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a well priced service provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Helpful.. honest and reliable staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

Called up for an inquiry as I am experiencing slow internet with my current provider. Staff were attentive and very helpful and were very honest in their responses to my questions. Did not push to sell anything and were very upfront. Really appreciate their help.

Melbourne

Private message

Paying premium for a service that has never been operational

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2016

I switched to this company after reading the excellent reviews, their profile and the fact that Id had difficulty communicating with my previous provider.

Since I signed up (the sign up was seamless and all the people I dealt with helpful and efficient) Ive had a service on par with dial up.

Ive repeatedly followed up (almost daily) for a progress update on what they have acknowledged is a ridiculously slow speed.

Half the time, no one replies, and when they do I am asked to undertake tests I have already undertaken as part of a proces
s of elimination.

It has been 3 months.

Finally, a Telsta technician is being sent out next week - but there is a suggestion I could be charged for this if this issue does not lie with Telstra.

I understand that many instances that is common, and potentially reasonable.

What I am disappointed with is that Australia Online continues to charge me for a premium service. No apology given I am a new customer.

How is it legal for me to be charged for a service I am in fact not receiving?

I am very disappointed, and after having signed up for 2 years if they do not accept any responsibity or resolve the issue promptly (as stated, it has been 3 months, the entire duration of my contract) I will seek to cancel my contract, or seek advice from the ombudsman.

I am not sure why I have had such a terrible experience, given most experiences seem positive. I hope they can turn this around.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi HAN, We agree with you. You shouldn't be paying when the service is not being delivered. We're certainly happy to credit your account for the period concerned or refund you according to your ch... read more »

You want service? You got it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2016

For so little employee numbers they do a fantastic job! You won't ever hear "one moment" from these guys. Cheers for the last two weeks fellas.

Surrey Hills

Private message

Problem of extremely slow loading email still not fixed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2016

Well it has been 14 days and still no solution offered by Ozonline to fix it. I guess I will have to change this email address I have used for 15 years in my one man small work from home business.

Private message

excellent service and quick replies and fixes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2015

I live in a regional area and have had no drop-outs or speed issues with my adsl line through AOL, despite telstra telling me i was too far away from the exchange! (5klms). I also have my home phone with AOL, whose rates are excellent. AOL's base rate may seem dearer than competitors, but if you check the actual call rates charged by eg foxtel, they are much higher than AOL. I've only ever had one problem with customer service which was swiftly dealt with BY A PERSONAL PHONE CALL! most surprising! I challenge anyone to better that service!

myrtleford

• 2 answers
Private message

I thouhgt it was too cheap, so i got onto them but all sorted.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2015

Spoke to colin, sorry mate i should have looked on google before. Very happy with them, top internet. As i said colin, no hurt feelings, my fault.

You're the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2015

I can't rate this company high enough. It doesn't matter what my problem is, it is dealt with with patience (I'm a senior so that can be difficult) and kindness and the few problems I've had have all been resolved. They are very reasonably priced as well so I'll never be tempted to move to another provider.

Internet to slow hopless not whoth money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2015

The price is expensive then we used to pay per month. But we could not watch VDO stream or Gamming same as they said to slow and cut out too much.

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi Jom Jom,
We price ourselves on providing quality Internet, so if your experiencing speed or reliability issues, please contact us at support@australiaonline.net.au so we can identify the service that is having issues and rectify it.

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2015

I've just switched from Telstra where customer service is off shore .. Yes India .. I had 7 days off line from telstra due to an incompetent customer service representative who only wanted to confirm my contact details and actually hindered my connection .. Didn't understand where I lived .. Wasn't interested in my actual problem .. Switched to AOL and my problem was fixed immediately .. Speed has picked up and best of all I can actually speak to someone local ... AOL is the best service provider I've ever used ... 10 out of 10

1 of 4 pages

Where am I?? Landline has just been activated via nbn, I keep receiving contradictory answers re my adsl2 being changed to nbn. Do I need anything new? my isp is pretty lax in assisting (time for a new ispi'd say). am totally confused, nbn/Telstra/t g can not/donot give me simple yes/no answers.

Confused asked on Jan 05, 2016

Hi,
If your home phone service has been transferred to the NBN then your old land line phone service, including your ADSL2, will be disconnected.
If you want to use WiFi with the NBN you'll need an NBN compatible Wifi router.
Regards

You will need to get an ISP to activate NBN Broadband.
Our own broadband and phone bundles start at $34.85 per month.

I live in Greenacre NSW 2190 and am looking for a better provider that IINET which is usually not working when we are at home. We are currently on ADSL2 + Home line. The only important one is the internet. Do you have coverage for this area?

ThelM asked on Jul 31, 2015

Answer this

We used to have optus network when I used to live in western Sydney though I think telstra is the best

I have been with Activ8.for many years. Went from ipstar Satellite to Skyedge NBN Satellite about a year ago. In the past few months my plan has been changed several times from 60 GB Anytime to NBN Sat 20GB/25GB (Peak data 20000MB, Off Peak 25000 MB) I do not use the internet during Off Peak. Can you advise me of whether I can change to another ISP such as Australia On Line or any other Out Back Satellite ISP? Or am I going to have to put up with Activ8 giving me less GBs whenever they see fit? I am so cheesed of with this Company. I have complained to Activ8 but cant get their overseas staff to understand what my problem is.

J Meredith asked on May 22, 2015

Answer this

Hi! We are not currently providing Satellite NBN. We will once NBN launch their own satellites and they can then guarantee a more consistent service than they have in the past. NBN claim they will be launching these satellites next year. Sorry we can't assist you earlier than that.

See all 11 questions about Australia On Line