Bomaderry

• 2 questions
  • 3 answers

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Very knowledgeable staff & always very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2016

Had my ADSL with Australia Online for several years. Have always found the technical help to be excellent. Even when it's been a problem with my router they have always walked me through it and got it up and running. The longest I've waited to get through on the phone is fifteen minutes and that's pretty rare. Also love that the company is Australian.

Surrey Hills

• 1 comment

Problem since been fixed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2016

Problem since seen fixed and still too many junk emails coming. I may switch to gmail very soon let's see.

Brilliant customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

I've been with Australia on Line since my first computer and have always found them to be friendly, prompt and helpful. Most recently I had a crash that resulted in a complete factory reset that soon used up all of my download allocation for the month. Not only did the tech call me back immediately, but also came up with a solution that would increase my internet speed that wouldn't cost me more money. Excellent!

Melbourne

Verified Purchase

Excellent service (So un-Telsra-like): what a pleasure to deal with Australia On Line

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

We had NBN service connected to our apartment in Hawthorn Victoria. We are using the slowest 12 Mbps and achieve close to this on the speed check so we can easily stream etc. Set up was very quick and NBNco set up the line relatively quickly. Once NBN was finished, I plugged in the modem and the internet worked straight away. Cannot comment on dropouts as I have only had the service for 24 hrs (so far so good). Service was excellent. Having dealt with Telstra over the years, I find Australia On Line refreshingly good :-)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Slow and never ring back

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2016

Very slow connection keeps dropping out. Not worth the money . Have put isp blocks on web site very disappointed

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi Dean, Our help desk are trying to call you. We haven't responded by email as you've advised us not to. we're committed to resolving your drop out issues. Can you let us know if you've had an ... read more »

Don't have email and been told you cant help until tomorrow. Its not the line just my website when on you server.every other web site works and computer works on website with other isp providers . Not the first time

Australia On Line Official

HI Dean, It is very likely that your website hosting provider is blocking your specific IP address, maybe because you attempted to login incorrectly too many times at one stage or another. Have y... read more »

Willoughby

Verified Purchase

Best Customer Service I have ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Switching from TPG to Australia On Line has been the best decision that our family has made. Our connection with TPG was terrible and every time we called them about it we got no results and had to wait about an hour on the phone to speak to a human. Switching from TPG to Australia On Line we still had the same problems. However after calling up Australia On Line we were speaking to a human in under 2 minutes. Within about 5 minutes of discussing the problem they had me troubleshooting and playing around with the connection, unlike with TPG, I felt like I was doing all of this troubleshooting with a purpose. After about 10 minutes we realised that it was a fault with the line, something that TPG never worked out. Within a week they had someone from Telstra come out (they use the Telstra lines) and fix it all up. Our network speed went from 0.5mb average to 6mb average. AMAZING.

After the storms in June 2016 we noticed the internet dropping out again and slowing down to un-useable speeds. Once again, called Australia On Line, they picked up almost straight away and worked out what the problem was after a bit of troubleshooting. For the second time they sent out the Telstra guy to fix the lines. I have never had such good customer service.

All of their operators are Aussie (or sound Aussie) which makes talking to them a breeze, nothing is lost in translation / communication.

I'm guessing the bad reviews come from people that don't follow through with the instructions, these guys know whatsup.

I honestly don't know how these guys aren't bigger than they are as they are absolutely amazing. For anyone looking to jump ship, look no further than these legends.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2016

We went with Australia On Line at the recommendation of a friend and I am very pleased with the service. They set us up with NBN internet and there was absolutely no hassle whatsoever. It was really great actually being able to talk to a real person during the process, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a well priced service provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Helpful.. honest and reliable staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

Called up for an inquiry as I am experiencing slow internet with my current provider. Staff were attentive and very helpful and were very honest in their responses to my questions. Did not push to sell anything and were very upfront. Really appreciate their help.

Melbourne

Private message

Paying premium for a service that has never been operational

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2016

I switched to this company after reading the excellent reviews, their profile and the fact that Id had difficulty communicating with my previous provider.

Since I signed up (the sign up was seamless and all the people I dealt with helpful and efficient) Ive had a service on par with dial up.

Ive repeatedly followed up (almost daily) for a progress update on what they have acknowledged is a ridiculously slow speed.

Half the time, no one replies, and when they do I am asked to undertake tests I have already undertaken as part of a proces
s of elimination.

It has been 3 months.

Finally, a Telsta technician is being sent out next week - but there is a suggestion I could be charged for this if this issue does not lie with Telstra.

I understand that many instances that is common, and potentially reasonable.

What I am disappointed with is that Australia Online continues to charge me for a premium service. No apology given I am a new customer.

How is it legal for me to be charged for a service I am in fact not receiving?

I am very disappointed, and after having signed up for 2 years if they do not accept any responsibity or resolve the issue promptly (as stated, it has been 3 months, the entire duration of my contract) I will seek to cancel my contract, or seek advice from the ombudsman.

I am not sure why I have had such a terrible experience, given most experiences seem positive. I hope they can turn this around.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi HAN, We agree with you. You shouldn't be paying when the service is not being delivered. We're certainly happy to credit your account for the period concerned or refund you according to your ch... read more »

You want service? You got it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2016

For so little employee numbers they do a fantastic job! You won't ever hear "one moment" from these guys. Cheers for the last two weeks fellas.

1 of 4 pages

I live in Wanneroo WA and have been informed that Optus has no lines available for my area. I need a phone line installed and a phone/internet bundle. which bundles from you are provided by Telstra ?

Peter asked on Aug 31, 2016

Hi Peter,
Optus don't service that exchange area at all.
We can connect you to broadband over the Telstra network though you'll need to connect a phone service with Telstra first.
We can then activate your broadband and we can also transfer their Telstra phone service over to us if you so desire.

Where am I?? Landline has just been activated via nbn, I keep receiving contradictory answers re my adsl2 being changed to nbn. Do I need anything new? my isp is pretty lax in assisting (time for a new ispi'd say). am totally confused, nbn/Telstra/t g can not/donot give me simple yes/no answers.

Confused asked on Jan 05, 2016

Hi,
If your home phone service has been transferred to the NBN then your old land line phone service, including your ADSL2, will be disconnected.
If you want to use WiFi with the NBN you'll need an NBN compatible Wifi router.
Regards

You will need to get an ISP to activate NBN Broadband.
Our own broadband and phone bundles start at $34.85 per month.

I live in Greenacre NSW 2190 and am looking for a better provider that IINET which is usually not working when we are at home. We are currently on ADSL2 + Home line. The only important one is the internet. Do you have coverage for this area?

ThelM asked on Jul 31, 2015

Answer this

We used to have optus network when I used to live in western Sydney though I think telstra is the best

See all 12 questions about Australia On Line