Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Australia on Line provides tech support for Dummies too.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

I can't thank the Australia on Line Team enough, for guiding me seamlessly through my transition to my new internet setup and my Phone line connection, via NBN.
With no technical knowledge at all, this was a task that I'd dreaded but you made it happen with ease.
Thanks again to the Australia on Line Team.

Exceptional customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I transferred to Australia OnLine from Optus. The longest part of the wait was for NBN Co to come and do the FTTN as Im in a new estate. Had to make a call this morning to get my modem reset and its working perfectly so far. The staff Ive spoken with have been very professional and polite. Whilst Optus told me I would not be allowed to keep my home number Australia On Line were able to transfer it to my new address. Would highly recommend this company to others.

Excellent Service and Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Recently connected to NBN (FTTN) with Australia On Line. All of my dealings with them have been excellent. The package price was very good for what I required, with no lock in contract. Had a couple of technical issues to start, but they were quickly sorted by the helpful support staff who are Australian and speak English you can understand! The most I have had to wait to speak to someone was about 2 minutes. Wow what a difference from the big providers. Thoroughly recommend you give them a go!

South Australia

• 16 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 27 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Not happy with dial up speeds even though i am on NBN fixed wireless with a speed booster plan?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Signed up recently for a $59.00 a month plan with Australia online (including the 25 speed booster) which costs an extra ten dollars a month. However has it has become very apparent that Australia online can only provide me with dial up speeds? It has also become very apparently that the speed booster packs (in my case at least) do not work at all? (So what am i paying an extra ten dollars a month for?) Have emailed Australia online requesting that they change my billing to $8.90 a month, (their current charge for dial up customers) as that is the ACTUAL service i am receiving.

Will wait and see what Australia online think of my request. Personally i think a complaint to the TIO might be in the pipeline?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi Lama girl, we are doing what we can to rectify your slow speed issue of getting 5 to 9Mbps on a 25 Speed Boost service, a problem which you advise is shared by everyone in your regional town irr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Quality service and customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I'm really impressed with both the customer service, and the service, that Australia Online offers. I needed unlimited broadband at home in a regional town in Victoria about three years ago for my work and they were the only company that would offer that at a reasonable price in that location. I've since moved house twice and have stayed with the company as - even if they might cost more than some other company (and I don't actually know if there is anyone offering better prices than them) - I very much appreciate talking to real people who t ake responsibility for solving issues rather than being put into long queues to talk to some (unhelpful) customer service person overseas. The Australia Online customer service guys speak clear, comprehensible English. They also explain IT jargon in simple terms if you're not familiar with the terms they are using. Best of all - they actually answer the questions that you ask, instead of misunderstanding, missing the point, or giving some "formula" reply that is unhelpful. When appropriate they'll also suggest other solutions or give extra information if they think it will help you with your situation. They go out of their way to make sure that things are working for you. Remember the days when businesses prided themselves on providing quality and service to the customers (rather than cutting corners to make more profit for the shareholders)? Well, that kind of responsible attitude is what I've encountered with Australia Online all the time I've been a customer with them.

I've been using ADSL in various regional towns over the last 3 years. The phone quality for talking was lousy (really crackly) at one point so when I mentioned that Australia Online got Telstra to come and fix it as they checked the possibilities and it turned out to be an issue with the physical line going into the house. Then I had a problem with frequent dropouts - they suggested a fix for that which worked straight away, though they had had some other options to try if their first suggestion didn't work. So there can be problems with the service once in a while, but in my experience Australia Online will do their best to get things working for you as fast as possible.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Exemplary technical support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

We've had a week from hell with the website being hacked and the emails blocked. Australia online have gone above and beyond to try and help us get back on track and allow the business to function. Thanks so much for your help and support. It's wonderful to speak to a technical support person who talks my language not IT language as well.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Unprofessional.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

We tried to transfer to Aust.Online but were quite unsuccessful. I am really unimpressed by their lack of professionalism.
I called Ozonline to transfer my ISP from iiNet, after being with them for over 20 years. I spoke to [name removed], who was very friendly, courteous and helpful. He said that i would get a text & email confirmation of the transfer request, and that it could be anywhere between overnight to 5 business days to be transferred. All good. That was Friday 13th Jan.
On Tuesday 17th Jan, I got a text from them saying they couldn
't connect with ADSL2 because there were no ports available and they will connect as ADSL1 (that was expected). However, I thought that getting a text only was a bit odd, and I had not received any confirmation text and email. I was a bit unimpressed about that. I sent an email asking why I had not received the confirmation as promised and [name removed] replied saying that they will keep us updated with the status of our order. He totally missed responding to my question about the confirmation email.
Then on Fri 20th Jan, I got a text saying they "cannot transfer our ADSL service as it is a 'SSS' service. We have cancelled your order and refunded you in full."
What??!!?
Just a text?!
No explanation of what this means?! Do you know what a 'SSS' service is? I don't!
And what's with the "sorry, we don't want you" attitude of this?! No alternatives offered? No suggestions? Just a curt, cryptic text?!
This is so unprofessional!
I had expected to have received a confirmation email: nope, nothing.
I had expected to see some way of tracking our order: again nothing.
I had expected my question to be answered: again missed.
If they were unable to transfer my service I would have expected a reasonably detailed email explaining exactly why, what our options are and what Aust Online could offer us. Instead we got a short cryptic, unhelpful text!
I emailed them to ask for more detail about this and [name removed] just sent a a brief email saying what 'SSS' is. No offer of any alternative, no mention of what we could do.
[name removed], I presume you'll ready this. I am REALLY UNIMPRESSED and disappointed in your service, in your lack of professionalism. If my money is not good enough for you then forget it, I'll go to one of the other ISPs that are also ranked highly here and on forums such as Whirlpool.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi Greg, I'm sorry our communication wasn't more descriptive. After an amount of to and fro placing orders through to Telstra it became apparent to us that the only option for supplying the service... read more »

Hmmph. Only now have you told us that the only option available was to cancel the existing iiNet service and doing a new connection. If you had advised us of this then we would have considered it, ... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

What a difference.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

Connection NBN to the Note
Set up without problems except former provider IINET would not release my old phone Number so had to wait for new number.
Speed usually a bit faster as before but sometimes slows right down.
Customer service till now excellent, quick, polite and professional.
Would not change to IINet if it was for free.

Melbourne

• 8 helpful votes

Good customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I use their NBN. I am not sure about the speed, but i think it is okay. The best part is their customer service, the phone call will be answered in few seconds (really a human). I know my friends is using other provider and it takes around 7-10 minutes to answer the phone call

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best service, best customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Perth

• 11 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Best ISP in Australia, highly recommended, local tech support.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Been with AOL (Australia on line) since I don't know when, maybe 10 years or more.
Started when 256 ADSL was available, have been progressively upgraded over the years without any prompting from me, presently we have ADSL2+ Line Speed 9.93 Mbps, Download Speed 1.24 MB/s and we're 3km from the exchange on an old Telstra copper wire service. We can watch/download 3 movies simultaneously, that's better than some who have NBN.
On the occasion when I have had to call them with tech issue most times it gets directly answered, rarely do we have 'wai
t music' and the tech is Australian, based in Melbourne and speaks English and they know what they are doing.
Never had any issues with billing.
Always try their best to resolve tech issues even when it's not their responsibility.
Once the Telstra tech broke one wire of my service (in the pit out the front) phone was out of action for 10 days but internet still worked, just slower.
If you sign up to any of their plans with a modem, the modem they send you will be preconfigured by their tech department, how easy is that?
Malcolm certainly made a poor decision when he sold his share in this company as they would have to be the best ISP in Australia.
Reliability 10/10
Account service 10/10
Tech support 10/10
What amazes me is this company hasn't got as big a following as what it deserves, you won't find a better ISP here in Australia.

1 of 6 pages

17.6.17 Hi Australian On Line We are looking for ADSL 2+ for a suburb at Marden South Australia 5070 with the fastest speed for fast download, can you recommend a few providers that can provide the faster speed in this suburb Marden in South Australia. thanks please send your reply to - contact@impressiveproductions.com.au

Lily asked on Jun 17, 2017

I live in swan view and have had enough of my service provider constant problems and over charging. Apparently I can't get nbn here. I'm looking for unlimited broadband service for a decent price and great speed with times we have three devices running. What cost am I looking at?

Natsabishi asked on Apr 06, 2017

Answer this

For ADSL2+ it is $49 activation and $59 per month for unlimited data assuming
you have an existing phone service connected to the Telstra network (though not necessarily via Telstra retail).

Hi Natsabishi

If you are happy with the cost of this Internet Service Provider don't hesitate to use them. They are seriously THE BEST !! I had been with them for a number of years on ADSL then moved house and had to go with Telstra. What a headache Telstra were to deal with but thankfully in 2014 NBN became available in my area I was able to sack Telstra and return to Australia Online and could not be happier.

I live in Wanneroo WA and have been informed that Optus has no lines available for my area. I need a phone line installed and a phone/internet bundle. which bundles from you are provided by Telstra ?

Peter asked on Aug 31, 2016

Answer this

Hi Peter,
Optus don't service that exchange area at all.
We can connect you to broadband over the Telstra network though you'll need to connect a phone service with Telstra first.
We can then activate your broadband and we can also transfer their Telstra phone service over to us if you so desire.

See all 14 questions about Australia On Line