Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fantastic service ,great ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Member with 'Australia Online' since 2001 , excellent ISP, great helpdesk, very helpful in transitioning from ADSL to NBN. . NBN themselves created hassle in connection but 'Australia online' were persistent to resolve error. 2 weeks transfer time because of the NBN group. High recommend 'Australia online'

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

AOL - Fine organisation to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2016

I had an NBN service connected in July 2016 but I ran into all sorts of problems caused by Telstra and Spintel when trying to transfer my phone number to Australia On Line (AOL). Telstra refused to transfer my phone number to Australia On Line (AOL) as Spintel had applied to transfer the number to them and Telstra refused to tell me who had blocked the transfer. After a lot of work over two months, including letters to the ombudsman,Telstra and Spintel, AOL resolved the issue.

The installation and set-up was very quick and straight forwar
d. I plugged in the modem as soon as it arrived and I was able to log onto the internet immediately.

I have had the service now for 3 weeks and I have had no problems. I opted for the basic 12/1 Mbps speed knowing that I can bump it up to a higher speed should I need to. I am getting on average 11 Mpbs and whilst this is a little slower than the ADSL broadband service I had before switching to the NBN, I find it sufficient for my needs.

I should point out that AOL staff are a pleasure to deal with.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Couldn't be happier, bye bye Telstra.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

Recently my Telstra contract expired and I decided to give Australia Online a try after reading many reviews on this website. The setup was easy and even the NBN part of the process went smoothly. My connection is fixed wireless at 25 mbps and I consistently achieve speeds of around 23 mbps dropping to 14 mpbs during peak times, which is to be expected. I also have a VOIP phone which has been trouble free. I have rung a couple of times and usually have Michael or William answer the phone after a wait of a 1 or 2 minutes. Great service - Thank you.

Melbourne

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Very knowledgeable staff & always very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2016

Had my ADSL with Australia Online for several years. Have always found the technical help to be excellent. Even when it's been a problem with my router they have always walked me through it and got it up and running. The longest I've waited to get through on the phone is fifteen minutes and that's pretty rare. Also love that the company is Australian.

Surrey Hills

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Problem since been fixed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2016

Problem since seen fixed and still too many junk emails coming. I may switch to gmail very soon let's see.

Brilliant customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

I've been with Australia on Line since my first computer and have always found them to be friendly, prompt and helpful. Most recently I had a crash that resulted in a complete factory reset that soon used up all of my download allocation for the month. Not only did the tech call me back immediately, but also came up with a solution that would increase my internet speed that wouldn't cost me more money. Excellent!

Melbourne

Verified Purchase

Excellent service (So un-Telsra-like): what a pleasure to deal with Australia On Line

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

We had NBN service connected to our apartment in Hawthorn Victoria. We are using the slowest 12 Mbps and achieve close to this on the speed check so we can easily stream etc. Set up was very quick and NBNco set up the line relatively quickly. Once NBN was finished, I plugged in the modem and the internet worked straight away. Cannot comment on dropouts as I have only had the service for 24 hrs (so far so good). Service was excellent. Having dealt with Telstra over the years, I find Australia On Line refreshingly good :-)

• 1 comment
Private message

Slow and never ring back

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2016

Very slow connection keeps dropping out. Not worth the money . Have put isp blocks on web site very disappointed

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi Dean, Our help desk are trying to call you. We haven't responded by email as you've advised us not to. we're committed to resolving your drop out issues. Can you let us know if you've had an ... read more »

Don't have email and been told you cant help until tomorrow. Its not the line just my website when on you server.every other web site works and computer works on website with other isp providers . Not the first time

Australia On Line Official

HI Dean, It is very likely that your website hosting provider is blocking your specific IP address, maybe because you attempted to login incorrectly too many times at one stage or another. Have y... read more »

Willoughby

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Best Customer Service I have ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Switching from TPG to Australia On Line has been the best decision that our family has made. Our connection with TPG was terrible and every time we called them about it we got no results and had to wait about an hour on the phone to speak to a human. Switching from TPG to Australia On Line we still had the same problems. However after calling up Australia On Line we were speaking to a human in under 2 minutes. Within about 5 minutes of discussing the problem they had me troubleshooting and playing around with the connection, unlike with TPG, I felt like I was doing all of this troubleshooting with a purpose. After about 10 minutes we realised that it was a fault with the line, something that TPG never worked out. Within a week they had someone from Telstra come out (they use the Telstra lines) and fix it all up. Our network speed went from 0.5mb average to 6mb average. AMAZING.

After the storms in June 2016 we noticed the internet dropping out again and slowing down to un-useable speeds. Once again, called Australia On Line, they picked up almost straight away and worked out what the problem was after a bit of troubleshooting. For the second time they sent out the Telstra guy to fix the lines. I have never had such good customer service.

All of their operators are Aussie (or sound Aussie) which makes talking to them a breeze, nothing is lost in translation / communication.

I'm guessing the bad reviews come from people that don't follow through with the instructions, these guys know whatsup.

I honestly don't know how these guys aren't bigger than they are as they are absolutely amazing. For anyone looking to jump ship, look no further than these legends.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2016

We went with Australia On Line at the recommendation of a friend and I am very pleased with the service. They set us up with NBN internet and there was absolutely no hassle whatsoever. It was really great actually being able to talk to a real person during the process, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a well priced service provider.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Helpful.. honest and reliable staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

Called up for an inquiry as I am experiencing slow internet with my current provider. Staff were attentive and very helpful and were very honest in their responses to my questions. Did not push to sell anything and were very upfront. Really appreciate their help.

1 of 5 pages

I live in Wanneroo WA and have been informed that Optus has no lines available for my area. I need a phone line installed and a phone/internet bundle. which bundles from you are provided by Telstra ?

Peter asked on Aug 31, 2016

Hi Peter,
Optus don't service that exchange area at all.
We can connect you to broadband over the Telstra network though you'll need to connect a phone service with Telstra first.
We can then activate your broadband and we can also transfer their Telstra phone service over to us if you so desire.

Where am I?? Landline has just been activated via nbn, I keep receiving contradictory answers re my adsl2 being changed to nbn. Do I need anything new? my isp is pretty lax in assisting (time for a new ispi'd say). am totally confused, nbn/Telstra/t g can not/donot give me simple yes/no answers.

Confused asked on Jan 05, 2016

Hi,
If your home phone service has been transferred to the NBN then your old land line phone service, including your ADSL2, will be disconnected.
If you want to use WiFi with the NBN you'll need an NBN compatible Wifi router.
Regards

You will need to get an ISP to activate NBN Broadband.
Our own broadband and phone bundles start at $34.85 per month.

I live in Greenacre NSW 2190 and am looking for a better provider that IINET which is usually not working when we are at home. We are currently on ADSL2 + Home line. The only important one is the internet. Do you have coverage for this area?

ThelM asked on Jul 31, 2015

Answer this

We used to have optus network when I used to live in western Sydney though I think telstra is the best

See all 12 questions about Australia On Line