• 2 comments
  • 20 helpful votes
Private message

Goods were delivered to Shop mate - and went into a black hole.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

- Shopmate lost track of an entire shipment (due 17-20th April)
- Shopmate do not investigate lost shipments until customers lodge enquiries - even though an entire shipment had dropped off the radar for 10 days
- Whilst my goods were insured - refunds are paid in MONEY ORDER - not a refund on your card
- Repeated requests for management to call went unanswered

Costs to ship from US are actually greater than courier costs from US (with priority shipping courier)

Expensive
Poor customer service
Lack of process
Management non-existent

• 3 comments

Lost my shipment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Shopmate has lost my parcel containing goods worth $600, and they have no idea where it is.

Shopmate is about the worst delivery service in the world. I've never had such a bad experience as the one I've had with Shopmate. My advice if you're looking for a company to deliver a product from the USA, steer clear of Shopmate and find another supplier.

The parcel I had shipped with Shopmate has never arrived, and Shopmate has no idea where it is. I had my order from Amazon arrive at their Oregon office early April 2017 and Shopmate informed
me it would be delivered 17-20 April 2017. I payed to get it shipped, and the last Shopmate and AusPost know where it is somewhere in Canada! No one knows what it's doing in Canada. They have no idea if someone on their team stole it. And although Shopmate has lost my parcel, they have no intention of paying for my lost package even though it was in their hands and they were accountable for it.

If you are looking for a company to ship your US orders to Australia, Shopmate must just about be the worst - suggest you find someone else.

WARNING.......THEY OVERCHARGE and NO ONE EVER RETURNS EMAIL ENQUIRIES.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

No point waiting for response from Shopmate, you get no reply.
I have no trouble with any other service from Australia Post.
It is my first and last use of Shopmate.
I'm sure I have been overcharged.
I would love it if a Manager of Shopmate would review my account.

Parcel recieved by ELLIS Oregon, Portland

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Parcel dropped at Shopmate address and received by Ellis. Have e-mailed Aussie Post and had an action number lodged. Still waiting for the Parcel to be found! Delivered 6 days ago to their address....

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Let's see, it is now 24/4/2017 and ShopMate originally received my parcel to their US address on 14/2/2017.
2 weeks' ago I had been promised reimbursement for my "lost item" in the form of a cheque, still waiting...

Hopeless team in the Customer Service department, originally had the enquiry listed as 'Staff complaint' ?! It was, only until recently, that this was changed to a missing item enquiry.

Wish I could give it Negative Stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Fedex delivered my package over a week ago, took 3 days to show up on my Shopmate account.
I login in and received a warning about the valve being close to $1000. I disregarded the warning so I could proceed and it disregarded my package completely, that's it no longer on my account, just gone!.

I can't get a hold of anyone, there is no number to call and no reply to multiple emails.

This is just a scam. I have been using Shipit forever without issues still not sure why I thought I would give Shopmate a try. Huge mistake!!!!

Where is my package!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Expensive item and I cannot get payment processed via checkout

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Have used this service for the first time and won't do it again.
No notification that my item was ready to proceed. Now when I try to pay the postage the system seems to freeze.
I won't my items that u have paid for!!!

Sydney

• 3 comments

Verified Purchase

An human error, a website error or an overcharge ???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

ZERO STAR !!!
My parcel from Backcountry was delivered to Shopmate, Oregon USA on Tuesday 11/4/2017 11:31am local time.
According to UPS delivery details, the package weight 3.9lbs (1.8kg).
However, Shopmate claimed that the original weight of the package was 8.2kg and they repacked it to 4.8kg and the shipment cost is AUD 77.45.
How can an 1.8kg parcel turned into 8.2kg ? Is Shopmate lying to overcharge customers for services that have never ever existed ??? They should rename themselves as ShopEvil !!!

I lodged a complaint to Austral
ia Post and then Shopmate today 14/04/2017. If the issue won't be resolved within an acceptable time frame, I am going to escalate it to Australian consumer affairs and media.
Australian please protect and fight for your rights !!!

April 26th, 2017 Update: Pathetic service! They ignore your complaint totally.

I already wrote a review "An human error, a website error or an overcharge ???" on 15/04/2017.

I now believe that it's not system or human errors but Shopmate does it on purpose.
Australian, Please lodge your complaints to australian fair trading straight away when you have your Shopmate case number. When Services/Traders have too many complaints against them, they will be watched. This is the ONLY way to put Australian Post under pressure to resolve your issues.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi VuNguyen,

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you, just let me know what your case number is from when you called us.

Roxy

Hi Roxy, My case number is 10773790 and under "Product Enquiry". I posted all the details like my Australian Post Customer Number, Shopmate receiver name and the Parcel details. I strongly believ... read more »

10 days after my complaint lodged and nothing happened. I am going to lodge a complaint to Australian Fair Trading.

Brisbane

• 1 comment

A disappointing experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

I waited for the parcel from US for nearly half a month. The parcel was lost due to the delivery man's unauthorized action using "safedrop " that I even did not require to do that, and my address is an apartment and near a busy street where is definitely not suitable for "safedrop" method. The most unbelievable thing is that I did not hear anyone rang my bell when the person sent the parcel to my home. After the person dropped my parcel in the street, surprisingly saw the email from Australian post that my parcel was delivered by "safedrop". Ho wever, I could not find anything when went down stairs. It is very sad when you saw the shopmate website shows that the parcel was delivered but actually I did not get and saw anything. All the process was going smoothly. Unfortunately, just failed in the last but the most important step of delivering the parcel to the customer that making every effort that company putting into this branch gone totally.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jordan, Have you contacted us to raise a delivery dispute for this one? If you have, please let me know the case number so I can take a look at it. If you haven't, please raise a case via our ... read more »

Roxy
I have called Australian post immediately after this happening. They gave me the case number which is 10644924. But still did not hear any update from your guys.

Australia Post Official

Thanks for getting back to me,

Looks like your case has been closed as the items been delivered now - thanks for letting us know.

• 1 comment

Shopmate Not Good!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

I have had a parcel delivered to Shopmate Oregon Warehouse on 1/3/2017 worth over $500 US Dollars it was signed for by "ELLIS" when I click on the Shopmate tracking link it tells me that the parcel still hasn't been delivered to the Shopmate Warehouse! Can somebody from Australia Post please contact me now! Your Shopmate Customer Service is shocking where is the phone number to call this place?????

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Glen,

I'd be happy to help out, please let me know the details such as the tracking number and case reference number.

ShopMate can be contacted directly via the following methods: http://auspo.st/16oNjpV

Roxy,

My parcel tracking number is 1Z58R8E50309981446 and case number is 10529125. Thanks for your assistance!

Regards

Glen

Thanks Glen,

I've asked for our ShopMate team to reach out and discuss this with you :)

Private message

Worst service - do not use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

My item got delivered to their warehouse on the 8th of this month - 12 days later and still no sign of the item and aus post says there is nothing they can do. No phone between Aus and USA.
Use a company that knows what they are doing as Aus Post has zero idea!!! Terrible service

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah,

I'd be happy to take a look at this and see if I can find out what's happening - have you got a case number from when you've contacted us?

• 2 comments

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Customer service is appalling, no direct communication between customer and USA base warehouse.
I had to have a parcel redirected as too big (larger than 1 metre) and I paid for the redirection 5 weeks ago and no one can tell me whether it has left the USA warehouse.
Look elsewhere these guys do not know what they are doing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter B,

This isn't good to hear. I'd be happy to check up on the status if you can please let me know what your case number is.

09442518 is the latest number
Parcel now moving but should have left Portland 5 weeks ago
I was in Dallas Texas last week and could have collected the parcel but will now have to pay shipping costs which I believe shopmate should pay

Updated Aust post with the case number and as per usual it has gone all quiet

Another example of poor customer service

Look for alternatives to Shopmate

1 of 25 pages

Hello can you please tell me how to check out? after I filled the declaration form ! it tells me that the product is high value and that I have to pay tax upon arrival on australia .I understand this but its not giving me an option to select checkout or payment! please help?

arun asked on Apr 09, 2017

Hi arun,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance with this, please contact ShopMate on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

Roxy

Hi, I sent a gift to my friend, the tracking number is RT359075885HK But he told me it was seized by the Australian customs. Could you please help me check about the package? Why was it seized by the customs? Thank you.

Sharon asked on Mar 28, 2017

Hi Sharon,

Regrettably I have no scans at all for item RT359075885HK so can't advise further. I'd recommend double checking the number and contacting us via one of the below methods for more assistance:
- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost
- Twitter: @auspost
- Call us on 13 13 18

Roxy

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

See all 57 questions about Australia Post Shopmate