Worst service - do not use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

My item got delivered to their warehouse on the 8th of this month - 12 days later and still no sign of the item and aus post says there is nothing they can do. No phone between Aus and USA.
Use a company that knows what they are doing as Aus Post has zero idea!!! Terrible service

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah,

I'd be happy to take a look at this and see if I can find out what's happening - have you got a case number from when you've contacted us?

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Customer service is appalling, no direct communication between customer and USA base warehouse.
I had to have a parcel redirected as too big (larger than 1 metre) and I paid for the redirection 5 weeks ago and no one can tell me whether it has left the USA warehouse.
Look elsewhere these guys do not know what they are doing.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter B,

This isn't good to hear. I'd be happy to check up on the status if you can please let me know what your case number is.

09442518 is the latest number
Parcel now moving but should have left Portland 5 weeks ago
I was in Dallas Texas last week and could have collected the parcel but will now have to pay shipping costs which I believe shopmate should pay

Sydney

Excessive shipping charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Your shipping charges are excessive and extortionate. Bye bye AusMate, I won't be back unless you reduce your shipping rates. No wonder you can pay your CEO $5.5 million.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We always recommend checking out of rate estimations here http://auspo.st/1En0OlH to get an idea of costs.

Roxy

Fantastic response AusPost, annoy the Customer even more.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Ridiculous postage charges and no choice but to pay to get items you have bought

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Bought via Shopmate to use a discount code for PBTeen - shipping ended up being four times the cost of the site directly. Very very disappointing. Will not use again. Thought this would be a reputable option as Australia Post.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi CedarCreek,

• 2 comments

God awful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

This service is an absolute joke.. Not only do they overcharge, they cannot combine items in a single box and ship as one item. I have also had an item claimed to be either dangerous or damaged.. Which it is neither! Not only is my item sold here in Australia they are holding onto it because of what they assume it will be used for.. If you end up buying a knife and using shopmate, Watch Out! "Knifes can be used for murder so we wont ship your item".. Just because what it can be used for doesn't mean that everyone uses it that way.. I'm also hig hly disappointed in that I have actually never received a reply stating that they have gotten the request MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) information and that It has been passed onto the correct people.. Absolutely appalled with the service.. Will never use this service again after I'm finished.. Case Number; 10170616 if someone from the company actually decides to do something..

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Joel,

As I mentioned to you via private message, we have passed this on for review already and are just awaiting the results. If you haven't heard anything by later this afternoon, let me know and I'll follow up for you.

Roxy

Dear Roxy. I did not hear anything yesterday, and apparently the review process has not even started.. As I will mention below. UPDATE; I was in contact with Australia Post last week early in the m... read more »

I am still yet to hear anything from Shopmate regarding my package and having it reviewed.. It now looks like I wont be receiving my packages until next month.

• 8 comments

Frustrating and timewasting experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

Waiting to receive parcel. I needed to redirect it to another USA international parcel shipping service as shopmate do not ship perfume. Other companies do have the facility to ship perfume (which is classified as 'dangerous goods'). I gave shipmate an alternate shipping address - shopmate tells me i need to action the redirect for it to occur but i cannot perform any actions / payments on the site. parcel appears stuck. my original case had been closed. new case numbers generated every time i try to find out the status of the event. original a us post phone service was friendly and helpful but ultimately my parcel still seems to be sitting in no mans land. i used a different us parcel shipping service in the past and wish i had stayed with them. Too many calls, emails, confusion and still i seem no closer to getting my parcel sorted. wish i had read the reviews first.
Update : despite different areas attepting to help me my parcel is still stuck and apparently waiting for someone in the warehouse to update the website and please call back next week if nothing happens. Sounds legit!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi GO46,

Hmm, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you, can I have your original case number please?

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Stolen Card Details After Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

So expensive and straight after my purchase through their non secure checkout my card details were stolen!!! I am now dealing with the bank in trying to get my money back. Absolutely ridiculous you have to pay online without your details being safe. Appalling service to customers in this darn age!

Brisbane

Do not use Shopmate - Absolutely rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

Please read the reviews. What everyone has written is true. I wish I never used them - a waste of your money.

Shopmate's communication is slow and they did not try to understand the product I asked them to send, even though the merchant sent through all requested documentation. They told me they could not send through some of my items because they were dangerous goods, so they went back to the merchant who then posted them to me within a week and the items arrived in Australia with no problems. The items Shopmate did send through arrived in
a box too large so the bottles were rolling around (no protective packaging provided) and none of the instructions or samples that are usually provided were in there. It took 3 MONTHS of discussion to get to this point.

You can only email AusPost customer service to get any help with issues, no direct responses from the overseas depot. Shopmates website is rubbish, it gives you little/no information. I will never use them again and if I could give a ZERO rating I would!!! Don't waste your time and money on this terrible service by AusPost. Shame on you AusPost, I was willing to give an Australian company a go. Total rubbish.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Ange,

It's really disappointing that this has been your experience with ShopMate. It should definitely be easier than this.

Have you received your parcel now? If you need help, let me know your case number.

Steph.

Yes I have received my parcel now and there were no problems for the courier service that the merchant used. So it clearly shows that the people at the US depot didn't know what they were doing. I... read more »

Australia Post Official

Glad to hear you've got this one now Angela.

I appreciate where you're coming from and that it wasn't the smoothest process in getting this cleared but no compensation is available in this instance.

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Do not use shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I too wish i read review before enlisting these incompetent fools. They Took 2 days each time to acknowledge email enquiry as to whats happening, then a week to actually give a useless reply with no answer. Estimate was reasonable, actual charged was 4 TIMES estimate. No phone number for Shopmate Australia or Portland Oregon only Auspost and no one there was any help. Lied about date of parcel arrival, took another week to process it, in the end I saved only $5 on DHLs price which would have been here in just 4 days; instead I'm on week 5 and counting. I am absolutely disgusted with this so called service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Geoff,

Could you let me know your case number for this? Let's get this sorted out for you.

Steph.

Hi Steph, the parcel arrived today. Inside some of the packaging inside the carton had been cut through with a boxknife. Some parts made of rubber inside have cut marks in them. This is just carele... read more »

Steph I have received a call from Simon at Auspost regarding the problems with this shipment. Good to see something is being done.

Perth

Private message

Overcharged and worst service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I wish I read the reviews before going through with shopmate! Worst customer service, never got an email back regarding my claim I made. And got charged $300+ for shipping 3 things. Being a single mum I'm now out of pocket thanks to your ridiculous shipping charges. Never will go through shopmate again and will be telling family and friends not to use it either.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kay,

This isn't good at all to hear.

Do you have a case number you can share with me?

Australia Post Official

Hi Kay, In terms of the postage charges, the items are calculated by cubic weight. If you have a look on the ShopMate website, this explains how it's calculated https://shopmate.auspost.com.au... read more »

Sydney

• 6 comments

Verified Purchase

Service - what service!.. would not suggest to use this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

The tracking form USPS says delivered 3 days ago yet it still hasn't show up in my shop-mate account, when I enter the tracking into shop-mate, it doesn't even show up what a joke. Item required for this weekend by COB Friday 3rd March 2017.. (Delivered PORTLAND, OR 97203 February 24, 2017 11:34 am. USPS Tracking Number: 9205590136271845928231. Would appreciate a speedy response.

Today is 1 March and still nothing as yet, please help

I was told it should appear in my tracking within the next 24 hours, it should have now, as it is almost n
ight time there again, if not already. I don't think my package will ever get scanned. How long does it take to scan a package? if they don't have enough staff, shouldn't they hire more???

Wow i just read someone's review and his review said "Still waiting on my package to be redirected, it has been sitting in their US warehouse for OVER SIX WEEKS with no idea when anyone will be contacting me for further instruction on how to get my parcel delivered."

I really hope mine doesn't take 6 weeks

I spoke to Australia Post this morning Customer service and the kind lady I spoke to agreed that it shouldn't take that long to scan a parcel in, she agreed that it definitely has been more than 48 hours and doesn't understand why. She has escalated this as a high priority to Shopmate, I really hope they come to the picture. It is just unfortunately I now have no sprint shoes to sprint at State championships this weekend 3-5th March and I have to go out and buy another pair until these come. Unless they scan the parcel in and manage to deliver it by Friday but I doubt it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Maria,

I have assisted via private message. I hope this arrives in time.

Steph

Don't think it will, but hoping

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Awful service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Still waiting on my package to be redirected, it has been sitting in their US warehouse for OVER SIX WEEKS with no idea when anyone will be contacting me for further instruction on how to get my parcel delivered. Their communication is unbelieveably slow and inadequate. It is infuriating that there is no phone number you can call to speak to someone. Use an alternative like shipito.com or comgateway.com. I certainly will not use Shop Mate again for anything ever again after this experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Josie,

As I requested via private message send an email through to shopmate@auspost.com.au with your details, and then let me know your case number.

Steph.

Hi Steph, I did as you requested immediately after I read your private message on the 16th of February. As you can see by my public review nothing helpful came from that email, so nothing further h... read more »

Hi Josie,

The reason I asked for your case number is so I can pass it on to the ShopMate team to have a look at and get in contact with you.

1 of 24 pages