Can't process any of my cards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I have tried over the last several days to log in and process my payment. The parcel is waiting at the warehouse in America and Shopmate's website doesn't work! How am I meant to get my stuff? I have tried Australian credit cards (I have 2), Australian debit mastercards, American credit cards (I have 3!) and none of them work in your stupid system. This is ridiculous. I emailed you with zero response. Now I have to call during business hours when I'm working to sort your junk out. You're holding my stuff hostage. Not happy Shopmate.

Worst Company Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Tracking system does not provide any helpful information at all!It takes 15days to clear the customs and 10days for it to be delivered in Australia. Slow and Stupid What a joke!

American Address have now been listed on many sites as an item being shipped to Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Amazon and other places now know about the Oregon Warehouse and reject order as it knows it is coming to Australia.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this.

Roxy

Could not even set up a account

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Tried to set up a acct fail, 3 hours of telephone calls roundabouts and waiting. Still waiting for the problem to be fixed painfully slow and unnecessary

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this Alby. Were you given a case number that I could take a look at please?

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Ordered some wine they destroyed it and could not provide proof of destruction

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

I ordered some wine and was not aware it is on their prohibited items list, and rather than letting me know or providing an alternative option for delivery they (Apparently) destroyed it. More likely someone in the U.S. is sitting back at home enjoying the $200.00 worth of wine I purchased.
They did not even have the courtesy to advise me it was being destroyed and when questioned could not provide me with proof of destruction.
Complaint made to the Ombudsman.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Angry1,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I apologise this one didn't work out how you anticipated.
If approached by the Ombudsman, we will work with them as required to resolve this one.

SYDNEY

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Absolute Joke! Can't even set up an account properly, I would never trust them to deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I set up a ShopMate account three days. Activated it immediately. Went to order an item today, then found out my account had been cancelled as, they said, I hadn't activated it yet. Called up Australia Post. Nobody, even them, can call ShopMate, so Anita sent an email and advised me that I should hear from them shortly. Two hours later I spoke with Supervisor Rhys. He checked, told me that after my earlier call the wrong information had been forwarded to the wrong department and that it could take one or two BUSINESS DAYS for ShopMate to get around to my case. As I said, no way of contacting them by phone is available, either to me or even to other Australia Post employees.

In summary, ShopMate randomly cancelled my account, nobody within Australia Post can help, and it is likely to take one or two business days for them to fix up their own mistake.

If this is how competent - or otherwise - they are even before I've used their services, I may well have had a very lucky escape!!

PLEASE CONSIDER CAREFULLY IF THIS PRODUCT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JD - Sydney,

This doesn't sound right at all. Were you given a case number I could take a look at?

For future reference, ShopMate can be contacted by phone on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Roxy

I have given a factual account of what happened and what I was told. I have not exaggerated. I was not given a case number, perhaps because I told Rhys I had no confidence in ShopMate's ability t... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

Goods were delivered to Shop mate - and went into a black hole.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

- Shopmate lost track of an entire shipment (due 17-20th April)
- Shopmate do not investigate lost shipments until customers lodge enquiries - even though an entire shipment had dropped off the radar for 10 days
- Whilst my goods were insured - refunds are paid in MONEY ORDER - not a refund on your card
- Repeated requests for management to call went unanswered

Costs to ship from US are actually greater than courier costs from US (with priority shipping courier)

Expensive

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Lost my shipment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Shopmate has lost my parcel containing goods worth $600, and they have no idea where it is.

Shopmate is about the worst delivery service in the world. I've never had such a bad experience as the one I've had with Shopmate. My advice if you're looking for a company to deliver a product from the USA, steer clear of Shopmate and find another supplier.

The parcel I had shipped with Shopmate has never arrived, and Shopmate has no idea where it is. I had my order from Amazon arrive at their Oregon office early April 2017 and Shopmate informed
me it would be delivered 17-20 April 2017. I payed to get it shipped, and the last Shopmate and AusPost know where it is somewhere in Canada! No one knows what it's doing in Canada. They have no idea if someone on their team stole it. And although Shopmate has lost my parcel, they have no intention of paying for my lost package even though it was in their hands and they were accountable for it.

If you are looking for a company to ship your US orders to Australia, Shopmate must just about be the worst - suggest you find someone else.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sailing Tranquilo,

This isn't good to hear. Did you have a case number with us that I can take a look at please?

Roxy, the tracking number is 00093493040001415050

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

WARNING.......THEY OVERCHARGE and NO ONE EVER RETURNS EMAIL ENQUIRIES.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

No point waiting for response from Shopmate, you get no reply.
I have no trouble with any other service from Australia Post.
It is my first and last use of Shopmate.
I'm sure I have been overcharged.
I would love it if a Manager of Shopmate would review my account.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Savage,

Apologies for the delayed response. If you're still having trouble I would recommend giving ShopMate a call on 1300 624 475.

Roxy

Can't be bothered. Their service is as bad as your very very late response. No Thankyou.

• 1 helpful vote

Parcel recieved by ELLIS Oregon, Portland

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Parcel dropped at Shopmate address and received by Ellis. Have e-mailed Aussie Post and had an action number lodged. Still waiting for the Parcel to be found! Delivered 6 days ago to their address....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Dougo,

• 2 helpful votes

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Let's see, it is now 24/4/2017 and ShopMate originally received my parcel to their US address on 14/2/2017.
2 weeks' ago I had been promised reimbursement for my "lost item" in the form of a cheque, still waiting...

Hopeless team in the Customer Service department, originally had the enquiry listed as 'Staff complaint' ?! It was, only until recently, that this was changed to a missing item enquiry.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi J dawg,

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Wish I could give it Negative Stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Fedex delivered my package over a week ago, took 3 days to show up on my Shopmate account.
I login in and received a warning about the valve being close to $1000. I disregarded the warning so I could proceed and it disregarded my package completely, that's it no longer on my account, just gone!.

I can't get a hold of anyone, there is no number to call and no reply to multiple emails.

This is just a scam. I have been using Shipit forever without issues still not sure why I thought I would give Shopmate a try. Huge mistake!!!!

Where is my package!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Spaniard,