Packages always get opened by US warehouse

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

It says on the website that from the US it'll be 5-8 days to get to Australia. I find that it is closer to 8 days than 5. My real concern is that they open all my packages and then tape them up again. I don't understand why that is necessary. I think on their website it says that if the box is big and it seems like there is only a small thing inside, they may re-package for a few and without consultation (which also doesn't sit right with me). Bu they have opened my bagged parcels that are stuffed full. I feel like my privacy has been violated and I really don't like it at all.

Mllthorpe

• 2 comments
Private message

Lazy, expensive, yes and stupid too.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Tracking information! "Your parcel is on its way." "Your parcel is at an Australiapost facility" That's not tracking information. It's fluff! And it's utterly useless to anyone who wants to know why their parcel hasn't arrived after weeks of transit. Then there's the cost. Is twenty seven dollars okay? ... to ship a parcel, envelope size, weighing three grams, from Australiapost's dispatch centre in Portland to NSW. Or is it a scam masquerading as a public service?

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christy, Our tracking information shows updates from key points within the delivery process but regrettably isn't backed by a live GPS service, so there is usually only a few updates available.... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

lost package, no contact etc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kelly,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having trouble with this one, please give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475.

Chelsea

• 6 helpful votes

Expensive expensive expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I ordered a lightweight blanket from amazon. They shipped to Australia but were going to about $40. Using the calculator on the shopmate website, I determined it would be cheaper so decided to ship it there instead (the amazon shipping was free in the US). The package arrived and it was $53 to ship!!! What a joke, it's a baby pram blanket! What a mistake I made shipping via Australia post-I should have known better as everything with Aus Post is $$$. I've got some sinks being shipped via ShopMate, used the calculator but I'm dreading how much it is actually going to cost seeing as the calculator appears to be useless. Use another service as there are plenty around!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michelle. When using the calculator, the prices shown are in estimates only and the quote can change depending on the size of the packaging used by the sender. Ap... read more »

Wollongong

Private message

Disappointing. Expensive. Extortion. Frustrating.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

First off, my recommendation is to read their website very carefully. There are many terms like "may" and "at our discretion" that are littered throughout their terms. Secondly, an actual weight calculator is useless in shipping. After getting a quote of $45 (which sounded logical and reasonable) I decided to give their service a try. Now, if the person sending the item uses a huge box? Yeah, we now go by how much space that takes up, which makes your quote entirely irrelevant. $105 (a difference of $60 from the initial quote) had me wondering what went wrong.

Firstly they don't condense orders (this is also important), however they do repack them for a $5 fee. These are different services (which I now realise as the fact they don't condense was buried into the text afterwards). Repack is more than likely to cut the packaging down so it's not as large. But ironically for the items I ordered it was paying $5 to save $5... so really, what's the point? None, there is not a one. So that was really frustrating as I was just paying the extra $5-10 per item. Only one came back accurately, hurray.

Things that went right? All 4 packages I ordered through Amazon arrived 2 days before their expected dates. ShopMate updated 24-48 hours after their arrival and sent me an email to say they'd arrived. When I went to declare the items and prepare them for shipping, that was easy, although where all of my troubles started. The lady who I emailed about the condensing and shipping charges, while lovely, was bound by an "I can't do anything" code and simply pointed me at the website and the horrible shipping calculator.

Not a discount code was offered. Not a "one off" solution was offered. Simply a point at the website and a timer in my account ticking down as to how many days I have left of "Free Storage". Sadly, I've now ended up paying more for the delivery than the items and frankly should probably have just returned them to the sender, but even that costs $5 each. Once they've got your items you really feel like you have no other options, so you just pay up or send the items back at a cost to you. At the end of the day, the service isn't what I thought it was and there are other services I now know of that could have handled this a bit better. Frankly, this has made me cautious of buying from the US in general and definitely disappointed in the items I am receiving due to their now inflated cost. I'm pretty sure one of them could have shipped directly to Australia for cheaper too, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Lesson learned. Extremely disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing TJE. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance in the future.

Roxy

I'm sorry Roxy, but this sort of reply and the reply I got in my inbox just aren't good customer service. The estimate calculator on your website should be more accurate and on top of that some sor... read more »

Nambour

Shopmate website not working

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

My package arrived at Shopmate in good time and I was advised in due course but when I click on "Declare Package" nothing happens (10 days now and still an issue) and I cannot proceed to the checkout to pay for postage to Australia.
Plus it asks for a voucher code but I don't know what that is.
I called Australia Post and was [accidentally] hung up on when I was transferred to their tech support; and I've sent 2 emails with no response.
How do I move forward please?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

I've asked for our ShopMate team to follow up further.

Steph.

No thanks to Australia Post or Shopmate, I've managed to finally move my parcel along. I would still like to be contacted by the man (Nathan?) who I spoke with yesterday and who said he'd call back... read more »

Melbourne

No Service - No People?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jason,

Our ShopMate team are extremely busy, and are trying to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible.

Someone will be in touch shortly.

Steph.

Hi Steph, Was great to get a call from someone who was able to action this - within a few hours of this review - and now the changes have been made, I've paid my $350 postage and the goods are fin... read more »

Australia Post Official

I'm glad this has been resolved now Jason!

Verified Purchase

Slow and expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Tracked delivery from seller to their US depot where it sat for over a week before I queried about the item. I got no response, but miraculously item status changed to received. Got shipping cost, they added extra to 'repack' item. Why? For someone to open my package and tape it back shut... Also, online quote estimate is ambiguous. Their quote certainly came no where close to the one I did. Would not use again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

If you have a case number you'd like me to have a look at, I'll be more than happy to check it out and pass it onto ShopMate.

MELBOURNE

• 4 helpful votes

BEWARE

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

I ordered a package online, it arrived at Shopmate and I didnt hear anything from them for 5 days although their website states 2 days, then imagine my surprise that my article that is 0.8kg is being charged as 1.7kg from what I can assume is cubic weight. I have not seen any other forwarding company charge this way and I think it is a complete rip off so wanting to warn people to make sure they read carefully because they are happy to rip off people wherever they can. I should have read the reviews before using ShopMate but thought being Aus Post it shouldnt be too bad. Well I was wrong. Won't be using again thats for sure!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Suzy1982, Our pricing structure is thoroughly explained on our website here: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-rates/shipping-rates. It can be a shock, but we're trying to provide a service f... read more »

If you actually read my review it says make sure you read carefully, I didnt say the information wasnt there, I just said I didnt read it carefully before using the service and want others to ensur... read more »

Perth

Still waiting over 4 days for reply in regards to high value item

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I am still waiting for further instructions on how to fill out customs form and further instructions for high value package!

APCN: 10023 28121
Tracking no. 9612804278616915908530
AP Article ID: 00093493040001240805
Case No: 09384865

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Iskandar,

I'll get a ShopMate team member to get in touch with you regarding further instructions.

Ashleigh

Thank you!

Still waiting as well...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2017

Just like the person below. My parcel was 'delivered' on 14 January to the right address according to USPS. I have not heard anything from ShopMate. I have also emailed Australia Post but heard nothing for a few days. Why does the website advertise delays of 1-2 days for processing if that's not the case?

*UPDATE. Just received email from ShopMate that my parcel has arrived - will keep you updated.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you received your email from ShopMate.

Ashleigh

• 2 comments

Still waiting...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

It seems like I have been having the same problem as some people with this service. I decided to take a risk and use Shopmate for the first time and so far I'm not happy with their service. I ordered two items from the US Disney store (small pandora charms) and to save shipping costs to Aus I decided to use Shopmate instead. Everything was going great until the Shopmate part of it. Disney sent me a confirmation email with a tracking number, and using that I've found out that my parcel was delivered to the Shopmate warehouse on 9th January 2017. They say it takes 1-2 business days for it to be processed, however it is now 10 days later and I am still waiting to hear from them about my parcel. Now I understand that there are 'bad weather' conditions in Portland, but my UPS tracking number confirms that they have been delivered to the address. I have contacted Shopmate through email and their contact us page, however no response. I'm worried my parcel has been lost. I don't see how it takes this long to Process a parcel and send a confirmation email. Im hoping they contact me soon, as I would be really disappointed to not receive these items.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jess,

If you can let me know your case number then I'll be happy to get our ShopMate team to look into this and get it sorted out.

Ok thanks my case number is 09267240

Thanks Jess.

Someone will be in touch shortly!

1 of 5 pages