Chelsea

• 6 helpful votes

Expensive expensive expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I ordered a lightweight blanket from amazon. They shipped to Australia but were going to about $40. Using the calculator on the shopmate website, I determined it would be cheaper so decided to ship it there instead (the amazon shipping was free in the US). The package arrived and it was $53 to ship!!! What a joke, it's a baby pram blanket! What a mistake I made shipping via Australia post-I should have known better as everything with Aus Post is $$$. I've got some sinks being shipped via ShopMate, used the calculator but I'm dreading how much it is actually going to cost seeing as the calculator appears to be useless. Use another service as there are plenty around!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michelle. When using the calculator, the prices shown are in estimates only and the quote can change depending on the size of the packaging used by the sender. Ap... read more »

Wollongong

Private message

Disappointing. Expensive. Extortion. Frustrating.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

First off, my recommendation is to read their website very carefully. There are many terms like "may" and "at our discretion" that are littered throughout their terms. Secondly, an actual weight calculator is useless in shipping. After getting a quote of $45 (which sounded logical and reasonable) I decided to give their service a try. Now, if the person sending the item uses a huge box? Yeah, we now go by how much space that takes up, which makes your quote entirely irrelevant. $105 (a difference of $60 from the initial quote) had me wondering what went wrong.

Firstly they don't condense orders (this is also important), however they do repack them for a $5 fee. These are different services (which I now realise as the fact they don't condense was buried into the text afterwards). Repack is more than likely to cut the packaging down so it's not as large. But ironically for the items I ordered it was paying $5 to save $5... so really, what's the point? None, there is not a one. So that was really frustrating as I was just paying the extra $5-10 per item. Only one came back accurately, hurray.

Things that went right? All 4 packages I ordered through Amazon arrived 2 days before their expected dates. ShopMate updated 24-48 hours after their arrival and sent me an email to say they'd arrived. When I went to declare the items and prepare them for shipping, that was easy, although where all of my troubles started. The lady who I emailed about the condensing and shipping charges, while lovely, was bound by an "I can't do anything" code and simply pointed me at the website and the horrible shipping calculator.

Not a discount code was offered. Not a "one off" solution was offered. Simply a point at the website and a timer in my account ticking down as to how many days I have left of "Free Storage". Sadly, I've now ended up paying more for the delivery than the items and frankly should probably have just returned them to the sender, but even that costs $5 each. Once they've got your items you really feel like you have no other options, so you just pay up or send the items back at a cost to you. At the end of the day, the service isn't what I thought it was and there are other services I now know of that could have handled this a bit better. Frankly, this has made me cautious of buying from the US in general and definitely disappointed in the items I am receiving due to their now inflated cost. I'm pretty sure one of them could have shipped directly to Australia for cheaper too, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Lesson learned. Extremely disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing TJE. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance in the future.

Roxy

I'm sorry Roxy, but this sort of reply and the reply I got in my inbox just aren't good customer service. The estimate calculator on your website should be more accurate and on top of that some sor... read more »

Nambour

• 2 helpful votes

Shopmate website not working

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

My package arrived at Shopmate in good time and I was advised in due course but when I click on "Declare Package" nothing happens (10 days now and still an issue) and I cannot proceed to the checkout to pay for postage to Australia.
Plus it asks for a voucher code but I don't know what that is.
I called Australia Post and was [accidentally] hung up on when I was transferred to their tech support; and I've sent 2 emails with no response.
How do I move forward please?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

I've asked for our ShopMate team to follow up further.

Steph.

No thanks to Australia Post or Shopmate, I've managed to finally move my parcel along. I would still like to be contacted by the man (Nathan?) who I spoke with yesterday and who said he'd call back... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

No Service - No People?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jason,

Our ShopMate team are extremely busy, and are trying to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible.

Someone will be in touch shortly.

Steph.

Hi Steph, Was great to get a call from someone who was able to action this - within a few hours of this review - and now the changes have been made, I've paid my $350 postage and the goods are fin... read more »

Australia Post Official

I'm glad this has been resolved now Jason!

Verified Purchase

Slow and expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Tracked delivery from seller to their US depot where it sat for over a week before I queried about the item. I got no response, but miraculously item status changed to received. Got shipping cost, they added extra to 'repack' item. Why? For someone to open my package and tape it back shut... Also, online quote estimate is ambiguous. Their quote certainly came no where close to the one I did. Would not use again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

If you have a case number you'd like me to have a look at, I'll be more than happy to check it out and pass it onto ShopMate.

MELBOURNE

• 4 helpful votes

BEWARE

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

I ordered a package online, it arrived at Shopmate and I didnt hear anything from them for 5 days although their website states 2 days, then imagine my surprise that my article that is 0.8kg is being charged as 1.7kg from what I can assume is cubic weight. I have not seen any other forwarding company charge this way and I think it is a complete rip off so wanting to warn people to make sure they read carefully because they are happy to rip off people wherever they can. I should have read the reviews before using ShopMate but thought being Aus Post it shouldnt be too bad. Well I was wrong. Won't be using again thats for sure!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Suzy1982, Our pricing structure is thoroughly explained on our website here: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-rates/shipping-rates. It can be a shock, but we're trying to provide a service f... read more »

If you actually read my review it says make sure you read carefully, I didnt say the information wasnt there, I just said I didnt read it carefully before using the service and want others to ensur... read more »

Perth

Still waiting over 4 days for reply in regards to high value item

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I am still waiting for further instructions on how to fill out customs form and further instructions for high value package!

APCN: 10023 28121
Tracking no. 9612804278616915908530
AP Article ID: 00093493040001240805
Case No: 09384865

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Iskandar,

I'll get a ShopMate team member to get in touch with you regarding further instructions.

Ashleigh

Thank you!

Still waiting as well...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2017

Just like the person below. My parcel was 'delivered' on 14 January to the right address according to USPS. I have not heard anything from ShopMate. I have also emailed Australia Post but heard nothing for a few days. Why does the website advertise delays of 1-2 days for processing if that's not the case?

*UPDATE. Just received email from ShopMate that my parcel has arrived - will keep you updated.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you received your email from ShopMate.

Ashleigh

• 2 comments

Still waiting...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

It seems like I have been having the same problem as some people with this service. I decided to take a risk and use Shopmate for the first time and so far I'm not happy with their service. I ordered two items from the US Disney store (small pandora charms) and to save shipping costs to Aus I decided to use Shopmate instead. Everything was going great until the Shopmate part of it. Disney sent me a confirmation email with a tracking number, and using that I've found out that my parcel was delivered to the Shopmate warehouse on 9th January 2017. They say it takes 1-2 business days for it to be processed, however it is now 10 days later and I am still waiting to hear from them about my parcel. Now I understand that there are 'bad weather' conditions in Portland, but my UPS tracking number confirms that they have been delivered to the address. I have contacted Shopmate through email and their contact us page, however no response. I'm worried my parcel has been lost. I don't see how it takes this long to Process a parcel and send a confirmation email. Im hoping they contact me soon, as I would be really disappointed to not receive these items.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jess,

If you can let me know your case number then I'll be happy to get our ShopMate team to look into this and get it sorted out.

Ok thanks my case number is 09267240

Thanks Jess.

Someone will be in touch shortly!

Slow, expensive service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

My parcel (box of shoes) was delivered to the shopmate warehouse on the 8th of December and only today was added to my account (15 days after arrival), despite the 1-2 day stated processing time. I've made multiple tickets with Australia post but they have not helped me.

The price came in only $4 cheaper than the shipping from the original vendor and that was with a 25% discount voucher. So if I didn't have the voucher Shopmate would have been $20 more expensive than the original postage cost to Australia.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Chris,

Could you let me know your case number? I'll get our ShopMate team to have a look into this for you.

Steph.

Update: They lost my parcel. After one month of chasing it up they finally admitted it. Horrible, Horrible experience with this "service".

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 13 answers
  • 46 helpful votes
Private message

Whats the point of Shopmate??? Uganda has better postal KPIs and results than Australia

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Well my item was sent to Oregon 29/11/2016. Then shipped 4 Dec 2016 and received in Australia late on 13 December in Eastern States. Not too bad.
Bad news is that despite paying over $45 for the postage, the item will now be sent surface across Australia, ergo the cheapest possible and longest mode possible. What is the point if a Concord is used to transport the item USA to Australia and then use Cobb &Co to horse draw it across the Nullabor?

Australia Post to me has been neutered by a single individual. Although paid huge bonuses has not delivered a postal system that has failed. Australias postal system is not up to the KPIs set for post deliveries in places like Uganda and Banglesdesh

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Alex,

Please let me know your case or tracking number so we can look into this.

~Xamara

No response from Team regarding packages

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I contacted shopmate 3 days ago as my packages arrived via UPS at the carrier facility on the 12th, yet have not shown in the My Shopping tab. Unfortunately I have had no contact from anyone on the team since then even after emailing the team. This is unfortunate as they've written that the items must be shipped by the 14th to ensure they arrive by Christmas, and at this rate it seems like I'll have nothing to give my family on Christmas day =\

Hope this can be resolved as I would definitely re-use this service if it is reliable, however things are looking bleak.

My case number is 08695800.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nikki,

Please refer to the email sent to you by Leon via your case.

~Xamara