Sydney

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Verified Purchase

Volumetric weight is more than three times the actual weight

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Hi Auspost, last time this happened, Shopmate didn't bother responding to my direct enquiry until I posted on here nine days later. So this time I'm coming straight to the forum that appears to get a result (you were very helpful last time). I've had a parcel arrive in Oregon with an actual weight of 3.5kg, and a volumetric weight of 12.1kg. It is a large(ish) box, but with the known dimensions of the box, it is not possible to get to the fee that Shopmate have calculated. It also doesn't appear that there has been an attempt to repackage the i tem as per the Shopmate T&C's. I'm loath to pay the $171.70 that Shopmate want to charge me for insured shipping to Aus. For that price, I'll go back to UPS/USPS next time. I also give permission for any packing filler to be removed from around or within the bag contained in the box. Please contact me at your earliest convenience via the mobile number listed on my Shopmate profile.

Last four numbers of my APCN: 8126
AP Article ID: 00093493040001440311
cASE NUMBER: 10888023

It is a much needed service with a few glitches

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Let's face it...it is difficult to buy lots of things from US stores because they won't ship to Aus. Shopmate solves this problem by supplying us with a US address. I found it easy to register on Shopmate and easy to shop with the desired US retail outlet. In fact everything ran smoothly except for Shopmate Orlando where I was not advised of the parcel arrival for some weeks. This caused distress as to where the expensive item was after the dated departure from the retail store. When this was finally sorted the parcel arrived promptly here in Oz and I felt for the weight and size that the freight was reasonable. There was one more glitch where I was advised that delivery had been fulfilled despite there being a holding of mail with Australia Post in place because I was away on vacation. Luckily a relative was able to pick the item up from the front door of our property. As the item was valued at over $1000 I was wondering why a signature was not sought. Overall this service is much needed and hopefully airing of these glitches will help streamline it. I will definitely keep using it.

Decent option for US shipping but expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Recently purchased a pair of headphones from Amazon and the item shipped by amazon was properly box packed with a total weight of 1.2 kgs. Yet shopmate billed me for 2.2 kgs which ended up costing me 47$. Coughed up the amount as I wanted the item but my suggestion is for shopmate to be more successful it needs to reduce its pricing. For my next US shipping I will look at other options first.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Saifee,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We definitely recommend checking out the FAQs which also have pricing estimations: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Roxy

Happy One Month Birthday..

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

If anything I am really disappointed by the amount of times I need to call and email with little feedback, and if there is feedback, it takes at least a week.

It took one week after receipt of my package to be processed into the shopmate system. It took close to two weeks of escalations via calls and email to have someone in shopmate respond to me to release a 'high value' package.

The package landed in Australia shortly a few days later and I had received a prompt email the day after it landed on the 2-Feb-2017 that customs is holding my
good and requested for my invoice - which I provided the same day. I expect that customs will charge me the appropriate tax and processing fees but this is very frustrating of the lack of response and considering the end to end time has been a month in the workings..

Relating to Case# 09573307, I'd like to share with everyone that AusPost customer support (through Product Review) helped to escalate and release the paperwork directly to customs themselves - a week later Customs finally cleared the product much to my joy.

I wished it didn't take as many follow ups but persistence does pay off, and a lot of patience.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi VirIIx,

I apologise for the experience you had, but I'm glad we were able to resolve it for you.

• 1 question

Needs better processes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Edit: Okay, so my package just allocated. Admittedly, I kinda freaked out and was pretty stressed when I made this review. In total, it took 4 full days to get allocated. It should take around 7-10 days to arrive from the warehouse now. All up, not too bad. I have amended my review to 3 stars. I still stand by my recommendations, and still think 4 days is too long for a package to get allocated. At the very least they should say "allocation may take up to 4-5 days", instead of promising 1 day on the website.
Old review:
I can't believe I went
with Shopmate instead of HopShopGo, just to save a few bucks. I don't understand why there should be a delay of more than 24 hours for the package to be "allocated" after it arrives at the US Portland warehouse. Every new package should be scanned in before sorting, so customers can at least have that reassurance.
Secondly, like HSP, you should have a live chat. I recall contacting them and having someone tell me straight away my package was found. Instead they just have an email address, and who knows if that's being checked. (2 days and counting since email sent).

It's now day four and I'm pissing myself with worry, as this package is urgent. I have had no contact from Shopmate, but have read the dozens of recent negative reviews with people having similar issues of having their packages allocated in a timely manner. One lady said it hadn't been allocated in 2 weeks! Add to that 2 weeks shipping to Australia and that's a MONTH MINIMUM. Kicking myself so hard right now. Go with HSP and cough up the extra $10-20.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jayel,

I appreciate you changing your review and giving us an update!

It can be nerve wracking when things can potentially go wrong, so I completely understand.

Melbourne

• 10 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Good in theory but lacks customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I've used this service once before and currently have a number of items that I'm waiting to ship in a batch.

It does what it says....eventually. I mean the processing time for packages is highly variable but they say that's due to storms right now. I guess we'll see on that. The fact that you get some free storage time is good.

I can see how the cubic weight vs actual weight thing can throw you off but, once you're at home with that, the biggest issue becomes the customer service.

I've had a query not get replied to for weeks and no on
e can help you over the phone - they say they can't see your account. You have to email.

I've got a query in now because it looks like my package is inexplicably on hold - case 09758010. I just started the query to be honest but I'm already dreading the wait based on my last experience. The issue is holding up my entire shipment of 7 items!

I wish they'd put more customer service staff on this. Having to email and wait for an undefined amount of time is really frustrating.

While in theory it should work really well, and it does ok when you don't have to ask questions, in reality, things don't always go smoothly and you're stuck waiting for customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kishlette, I've escalated your case with the Shopmate team and completely agree with the awkwardness of getting through to that team. Hopefully in the near future we'll have some better options... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer

Too expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Just way too expensive. No consolidation.

A small light-weight item the size of a thumb costs 27AUD.
Another similar item the size of a credit card costs 32AUD.

Bundling discount doesn't cut it. (-10AUD for additional parcels)
They have a good customer service of answering my inquiries, which I'm thankful for. Also long free storage time (60days if I remember correctly, although pointless since no consolidation.) Just the service is very poorly designed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Gil,
Thanks for the review. We have the pricing list on our website here: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH which does state the minimum cost despite weight or size. Let us know if you'd like us to clear anything up.

~ Mikey

Thank you MIkey. I just hope the Shopmate website made it clear up front that it doesn't consolidate items, given that it's one of the centric service. Only in F&Q there's one mention of that. It's... read more »

Perth

Verified Purchase

Potential is there but service needs to improve.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your well thought out review!

I'm glad you found so many pros from when you used ShopMate. :)

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Why was I charged for "Extra Cover" when I didn't ask for it?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2016

My parcel arrived at Shopmate ok although it took 5 days to register in "My Shopping" after it was signed for in Portland.
I arranged payment for delivery to Australia without selecting "Extra Cover" and was surprised to see on the invoice that I had been charged for it anyway. "Extra Cover" is charged at AUD$2.50 per AUD$100. My package was worth AUD$211.95 so "Extra Cover" should have been 2.50x2.1195=AUD$5.30 but I was charged AUD$7.50. Why the discrepancy and more importantly why was I charged at all?
Another interesting issue is that UPS stated that the package weighed 2 lb (=0.9 Kg) but ShopMate has charged me for 1.5 Kg.
So basically ShopMate have ripped me off (in effect) 3 times.

Comments

Case number 08987495

Australia Post Official

Hey purge98, ShopMate’s shipping rates are based on the cubic weight of your item. The method for calculating shipping rates is detailed on the website here: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH. I've passed ... read more »

Update...Shopmate refunded the "Extra Cover" so full marks to them

Slow, but we got there!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

I ordered an item on 24/11 and received a delivery notification on 1/12. After 5 days my parcel still wasn't showing up on the shopmate system so I emailed them. I did not receive a reply but 12 hours after my email received acknowledgement that my parcel had arrived. After immediate payment, my goods were finally delivered today, on 14/12. Strangely, my box had been 'opened by warehouse' but all was in tact. Ok service, albeit a little slow but thankful that my goods were delivered successfully.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Anna,

Great to hear you have your parcel now.

~Xamara

NUNAWADING, VIC

• 2 answers

Getting more ripped off

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi martadinata23, We don't offer a parcel consolidation service at this point in time - sorry for any inconvenience this caused. For future reference, Shopmates method for calculating shipping ... read more »

It's fine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2016

There seems to be a lot of emotional reviews about people being unhappy with ShopMate, so I thought I'd post my experience.

It's fine, OK, satisfactory. They state the terms and conditions with the chargeable weight, and in my case they repacked upon request after I sent them an email releasing them of responsibility for removing it from manufacturer's packaging.

Was a little annoyed that the package didn't come through on the website for days after it had been delivered to the US warehouse, but from that point on, communication was good (with photos for repacking) and I can't really fault them.

I would definitely use again, especially now that I know what to expect.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey MatM,

It's good that our ShopMate service has worked out well enough that you're happy to use it again.

Thanks for your review!

1 of 2 pages

Hello can you please tell me how to check out? after I filled the declaration form ! it tells me that the product is high value and that I have to pay tax upon arrival on australia .I understand this but its not giving me an option to select checkout or payment! please help?

arun asked on Apr 09, 2017

Hi arun,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance with this, please contact ShopMate on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

Roxy

Hi, I sent a gift to my friend, the tracking number is RT359075885HK But he told me it was seized by the Australian customs. Could you please help me check about the package? Why was it seized by the customs? Thank you.

Sharon asked on Mar 28, 2017

Hi Sharon,

Regrettably I have no scans at all for item RT359075885HK so can't advise further. I'd recommend double checking the number and contacting us via one of the below methods for more assistance:
- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost
- Twitter: @auspost
- Call us on 13 13 18

Roxy

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

See all 57 questions about Australia Post Shopmate