Tasmania

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Good but expensive with little option.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

Product received only a few days later than honored by AusPost. Unable to choose alternative than Airmail only made delivery very expensive. Aus Post charged 10kg over the actual weight and nothing could be done. No contact on the website. I would be very reluctant to use again, unless I want it delivered quickly. That, they can do well...at a cost of course.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Lou, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always recommend checking our FAQs to view pricing estimates (http://auspo.st/1En0OlH). ShopMate does have a contact page on our website t... read more »

Thank you Roxy. Email now sent, I hope for a suitable explanation why Auspost overcharged me big time. :)

Made contact, await a reply now. Fingers crossed. : )

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

I used shopmate recently to deliver something from US and couldn't have been happier with Shopemate delivery. A few friends of mine told me that they noticed bad feed back about them ( Partly the reason why I wanted to share the good experience ). I took the leap of faith and ordered something from Amazon worth around a AU$1000. The status got updated the moment it arrived in their warehouse. Dispatched perfectly and Shopmate kept me informed all the way.

Giving 4 stars because there was just one glitch. While the package was with customs,
i was requested for an invoice for the details. I sent the invoice the same day and there was a silence of 5 days from Shopmate about the status. After giving them a call, they realized that they already had it and then restarted the process again. After which everything went smoothly.

I think I can live with a little followup myself as long as i'm saving as much money as I did. Would definitely use them though there are areas of improvement.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nomi,

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, glad to hear it :)

Roxy

Not as cheap as expected but Great communication

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2016

I sent 2 parcels with Post Mate from Portland to Sydney and the cost was $130. The parcels contained single catchers mitts. so maybe 1.5kg each. The first parcel was 55 dollars the second was closer to $90. For near identical parcels. I'll wait and see how they arrive and measure their cubic and actual weights but I am not expecting the weights or corresponding prices to be accurate.
The communication has been outstanding though. I messed up my order and the AUS post guys have been super responsive and helpful. 2 phone calls and 11 emails and all within 4 business days. I am suprised by everyone's complaints as thy have been amazingly easy to deal with.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Astr0,

We love to hear that we're doing a great job in communicating with you. This definitely helps when you need something sorted out fast.

Thanks for your great feedback!

Steph.

Pretty good service. Careful of the cubic weight.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2016

Ordered pair of headphones from Amazon on 9th July. The package was delivered to US address on 18th July. It took a couple of days to show up as delivered on their website. The parcel was the size of a shoebox and I was charged $47 for delivery to Australia. It arrived at my doorstep on 29th July in original Amazon box.
This is the first time I used this service and I am pretty happy with it. Before I've used MyUS, which is very good and fast but they would charge me about A$100.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on our service. It's really good to hear that your parcel was delivered safely without any hiccups.

Have a great day!

Can't fault the service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2016

Ordered two hats 16 days ago, arrived at my door step yesterday.. fast turn around!
Only down side is the cost of the shipping. 32$ for two hats is a bit up there, though it is based on cubic measurement and the supplied had packaged them in a small box to maintain quality. Thanks Auspost, will use your services again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review based on your experience with ShopMate!

I'm really glad that your hats arrived so quickly.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Happy with the service, could be improved

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

received my item within 6 business days, no problems there. They had opened the parcel which I'm sure if fine, but they only used one strip of sticky tape to re seal, which survived but still, maybe could have done with a bit more. Tracking number took a while to update, you'll only get the update when it's landed in Australia, which takes about 4 days after departing US.
Other Than that it was great. Saved me a lot of money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Wiseandi,

I'm really glad to hear your parcel arrived so quickly, and arrived safely.

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback here, we love to hear it :)

Steph

• 1 review
  • 1 question

SATISFIED BUT NOT CONVINCED

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2016

Ive had a shopmate address for well over a year and due to bad reviews had decided not use it, until now. I have recently ordered two purchases from the same seller. I chose shopmate on this occasion because the brands i purchased were not available for shopping to Australia. The pros are so far, packaged delivered within shopmates time frame, 8 days. Price even though package was cubed was about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of shipment from the original supplier. ( Most major US suppliers I deal with charge exorbitant rates for shipping to AU, althoug h I think with a bulkier package shopmate would be more expensive, both my items were soft packed ). The cons, There is no updates from Aust post until the package arrives within Australia. Package can be tracked online, but can be a little disconcerting due to the around about way it gets to AU, via Vancouver Canada, for my first package. Both my packages were soft packed, so cubing is a little unfair considering they take up very little space in cargo. A package containing 3 pairs of pants was opened with a blade at shopmates warehouse, no damage, but what justification do they have for opening packages, they are neither customs or border protection. In fact as far as I can tell they aren't even Australia post, but a large freight forwarding company that Aust post appears to contract with. My second package hasn't as yet arrived, so it remains to be seen what happens with this one. A little to early to recommend as yet and i still have many reservations, but will probably keep using them until something goes wrong.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi RobG, I know it can be daunting reading negative reviews on here, however keep in mind customers are more likely to seek assistance or leave negative reviews if something has gone wrong. I'm g... read more »

Shopmate comes good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2016

Initially I had a problem with my parcel being misplaced. I wrote a comment here, then selected the option of letting Australia Post Shopmate customer service respond to my comment. Shopmate promptly replied and dealt with the issue and I got my parcel. I had to wait a little while but pretty happy overall with the service and customer service were very friendly.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi C.F,

Despite the initial hiccup, I'm so glad we were able to assist and get your parcel delivered to you.

Thanks for taking the time to share your outcome here!

• 1 review
  • 7 comments

It's good, so far....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2016

So after reading all the "nightmare" reviews on here, I decided to give ShopMate a go as I'm always one to give anything a go. My first 2 deliveries went well. ShopMate emailed me within 48 hrs of them receiving the item/s. The delivery to my Parcel Locker took around 8-9 business days - ACCEPTABLE! However, my 3rd shipment I'm a little concerned about as the status hasn't changed at all from 'departed facility' (13/06). Usually around the 6 day mark so should be around 19/06, the status should change to "Arrived at facility in destination coun try" but it's now 21/06 & the status hasn't changed. ShopMate's estimated arrival is between 17/06 - 22/06. I'm not even sure whether the item has even landed in Australia yet! I have 3 other items in the US that's yet to be acknowledged by ShopMate so yeah, I'm getting a little worried.

Something that's quite interesting too, I've already received an item TODAY (21/06) sent via GSP (Global Shipping Program of EBay) which was sent around the same time as the item I'm currently waiting on! Their price is around the same price of ShopMate - give or take a few $$. They also deliver to Parcel Lockers...well mine did anyway! The parcel goes via FedEx from the US then they hand it over to Australia Post for the final leg. If my article get's lost or delayed considerably, I might have to use GSP from now on & have the other items sent to another address to be delivered via FedEx or DHL.

Something to look out for also with ShopMate is that it doesn't allow you to choose / enter your Parcel Locker address when sending from the US. You can only change this once the item/s are in transit & it will cost you another $5 to "re-direct" to your Parcel Locker! So all up, it can cost you nearly $45 to ship a small item once you factor in the insurance as well (depending on the value of the item so can be more). I reckon Australia Post should look at getting rid of this as we are already paying top dollar to send via ShopMate.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sam, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience you have had with ShopMate so far. I definitely understand that reading negative reviews can be off-putting. Most customers choose to ... read more »

Hi Steph, Thanks for you reply. The Tracking # is 00093493040000784867. I have also emailed ShopMate last night & the Case # is 05775424. I have also just checked in MyPost Deliveries tracker & st... read more »

Hi Sam,

I have contacted the ShopMate team and requested they have a look into this for you.

Someone will be in contact with you shortly to provide an update and more information on your parcel.

I too hope we can put your mind at ease!

Steph.

Not express but not all bad

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2016

My first shipment with Shopmate looked to be heading for the nightmare experience had by others. My parcel tracking showed delivery made to Shopmate but not showing in my account. 4 days after delivery to Shopmate my parcel was located by the tracking number search facility. The problem was the merchants labeling system spilling the long winded Shopmate street address onto the second address line, causing my suite No. not to print.
Messages to Shopmate support with the required copy of my purchase invoice were handled in reasonable time.
Tot
al delivery time from arrival at Shopmate facility to rural NSW was about 12 days.

The second consignment form the same merchant went more smoothly, the merchant abbreviated the Shopmate street address allowing my suite No. to print. Total delivery time about 9 days.

As with all things it pays to shop wisely, some US merchants offer very competitive direct express shipping, some offer very expensive express shipping. It also pays to consider delivery charges in the US. I have used the slightly quicker and more expensive Borderlinx due to much cheaper ground shipping to Ohio than to Oregon from an East coast merchant.

If you read and understand the concept of volumetric weight and understand what items can not be air freighted Shopmate delivers as advertised, just not in the 3 to 4 days of the express couriers.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jacky, I really appreciate you taking the time to provide this detailed feedback on your experience with ShopMate. Whilst your articles didn't arrive as quickly as hoped, I'm glad your parcels... read more »

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Received As Expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2016

Used first time without a hitch. Everything went according to their guidelines. Will use again.
Item was a small, less than 0.5kg package. I saved about 25US dollars by doing this method since the seller provided free shipping to US residents.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Daffy,

I'm so glad to hear your first time using ShopMate was successful!

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback here.

A positive experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2016

This is the first review I have written and feel I need to because of the number of negative reviews. I was worried about using Shopmate but since most people are more inclined to complain, someone out there might feel more confident to use this service after reading a positive review.

I considered using other services that may have been slightly cheaper however since Shopmate is an Auspost venture, it is fully integrated into the Auspost system. This pretty much made my decision for me.

PACKAGE MOVEMENT - The package arrived at the wareh
ouse on a Friday and was processed on the Monday. I paid it straight away and including the extra insurance as my product was worth a fair bit. It shipped the next day arriving in Sydney a week later. Living in Perth, I am used to parcels taking longer since they ship it by road from Sydney to Perth. As per usual this took another week after which it was delivered. It was late by ONE BUSINESS DAY from the original time frame stated, nothing to cry about since nothing happens over the weekend delivery wise.

PRICE - I thoroughly read the pricing system before I signed up and I expected the shipping to cost a bit due to the cubic measurement system which does make the postage cost a lot more. I would prefer if they did away with this system and just stuck to actual weight like normal Auspost services. (This might also help with public perception as it seems a lot of people don't read/understand how the shipping cost calculation works).

The product I bought was shipped from the original vendor inside a larger box for added protection hence the final cost being about $30 higher than expected. I measured the box when it arrived and the shipping cost was calculated 100% accurately.

CONDITION - The parcel arrived without any damage and the fragile goods inside were safe and sound.

VERDICT - Expensive, but works. I had no choice but to use a forwarding service since the original vendor only shipped within the US. I would happily use Shopmate again but only if what I am buying in the US is of value. I would not use this service to ship goods where I would only be saving a few dollars.

I never had to contact customer support for this so I can see that some people's reviews are based on this.

TRACKING DETAILS
Status Processed through Australia Post facility
Time & date 12:54am Mon 15 Feb Location Wangara WA
Status Processed through Australia Post facility
Time & date 09:26am Tue 09 Feb Location Chullora NSW
Status Arrived at facility in destination country
Time & date 02:00pm Mon 08 Feb Location
Status Departed facility
Time & date 07:38pm Tue 02 Feb

Comments
Australia Post Official

Good morning ozzibattler, Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with our ShopMate service. While its understandable most customers only contact us when something goes wrong... read more »

1 of 2 pages