Excellent Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing this, and definitely reach out if you need anything from here with your parcel.

Camden

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

THANK GOD FOR SHOPMATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Have used Shopmate quite a few times. I must say I LOVE the shipping prices. What would usually cost me around $70AUD to send to Australia only cost me around $30AUD. LOVE IT. Never had any issues and very fast postage. Thank you so much!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christie J,

So great to hear. Happy shopping.

Ashleigh

So happy to have an Australian post option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Have used Shopmate twice and it was speedy when the parcel was sent from them. Would recommend this service for USA shopping.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cait,

I'm pleased to hear this, thanks for your review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

A great service if you use it right.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I have used this service probably a dozen times since I signed up a couple years ago and have had no issues aside from some slight delays outside the quoted delivery times but nothing major. I think it's a great service but like anything you've got to be smart about how and/or whether you should use it. After reading some of the reviews on here I think there a probably a lot of folks who haven't taken the time to read the T&C's for this service and are suffering some shell shock as a result. My number one tip is do your homework! Here's a few others:
Don't buy goods unless there is a substantial saving over local sources or the goods are not available locally.
Make your vendor aware the goods are being transhipped and, if possible, ask for them to be packaged as compact as practicable.
Don't buy bulky/lightweight goods because the volumetric size generally does not justify the postage cost particularly if the goods are cheap.
Don't but goods which fall into the dangerous goods category i.e. containing Lithium batteries for example.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Charles G.

Some great points!!

I'm glad the service has worked for you :D.

Ashleigh

Excellent option if seller will not ship items purchased overseas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have used Shopmate several times including their consolidation service where more than one parcel is sent to them and consolidated into one package to reduce postage costs. Absolutely flawless so fare so I cannot quite reconcile my experiences with others on this review website. Tracking was useful and I received advice when item(s) were received by Shopmate in the US and again when the parcel was on its way to my address in Australia. Costs are reasonable and below the comparable service offered by eBay in the US.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey 40degreesS,

It's so good to hear ShopMate has worked out so well for you.

Thanks for the review!

Works!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Lets you get goods you otherwise wouldn't be able to get. It comes at a cost but a fair cost considering it the package has to be double handled and double shipped.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mungo,

Great! I'm glad to hear this has worked out well for you :)

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Just got an $1800 camera from the US, delivered total cost $480! All worked extremely well. Thanks Shopmate. Was nervous at the beginning if it would work, but no problems at all. Highly recommended.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Awesome savings Aden, glad you enjoyed the service. ~ Mikey

Thanks :)

Launceston

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

American in Australia and this is a game changer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I have used shopmate 3 times now and have to say I am overjoyed with the results being able to shop 99.5% in restricted to my favourite stores has been amazing and the shipping is almost the same as having something shipped priority usps, ups.

Be smart, do some research when choosing your shipping options I usually save 50- 80 dollars from Amazon having it go to my shopmate instead of directly to me so it was great for me

Hope this helps

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for the praise Asia G and fantastic tip for those looking to shop online for overseas companies. ~ Mikey

You are more than welcome- this is a great option for us and once we have a European shopmate it will be incredible

Great experience for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

There seems to be a bad rap for this service through Aus Post... maybe I got lucky, or maybe it's mostly the negative reviewers who leave reviews, but either way I am very satisfied with this service I recently used and I intend on using it again.

I found them to be very prompt and clear with their correspondence when I contacted them, and everything went through as indicated. There would have been no other way for me to get what I needed from the US if it weren't for ShopMate, so I'm pretty grateful they exist.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jim, Quite often customers don't post reviews or reach out to us when they're had a positive experience, rather only when they've had a negative experience or need help. I'm glad you've taken ... read more »

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I don't understand why everyone is complaining. The service was not cheap but shipping from USA to Australia is never going to be cheap. I was emailed every step of the way and even had a text message telling me my delivery was due the next day. My package arrived within the estimated delivery dates undamaged, I would 100% use this service again. Cheers.

Comments
Australia Post Official

So glad to hear Cameron!

Christmas Present on time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

I used Shop Mate for a second time. Fisrt time I got the postage wrong, this time I understood and knew what I would be paying. I got my item very quickly and in perfect condition. I purchased lego for my son that I could not get in Australia without paying excessively. Even after paying in US dollars and $72 postage it was still $ 100 cheaper than I could get it here or on ebay. Read the info they provide, research the size of the item and you should not get any surprises. Very happy. Will use again. Son is ecstatic that he will get what he wanted for Christmas.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Naomo,

This sounds like a big success!

I hope you and your son have an amazing Christmas.

1 of 4 pages

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

Roxy

I have four parcels coming from Portland Oregon and I just wanted to know what would it mean if I deselected the 'Packaging included' button on all 4 orders?

Jarmmammone asked on Mar 09, 2017

Hi Jarmmammone,

I'm not too sure what you mean; do you want us to repack your orders for you? We won't send them all together as one item and there may be a fee for this.

You can contact our ShopMate customer contact centre on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support or email us at shopmate@auspost.com.au.

Roxy

Hi there, could you please the estimate date for the package RT358037197HK? Thank you very much. Daisy

daisy xu asked on Mar 09, 2017

Hi Daisy,

Article RT358037197HK arrived in Australia on the 20th but has no further scans. I would recommend the sender contact their local postal authority to raise an enquiry, and they will in turn liaise with Aus Post to determine what's happening.

For further information, you can contact us via the one of following methods with your tracking number:

- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost