• 2 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

Abysmal, Pointless Con

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2015

Cut a long story short, same as many others on this site: I ordered lined winter pants for my son about six weeks ago, Haband dispatched them and had proof of delivery at Shopmate two days later, since then, nothing. No notification, no way of following up, no explanation, no apology from Australia Post.

Shopmate has to be the worst-organised, most thieving, dishonest delivery company out there and Australia Post is having its reputation shredded by even associating with them.

December 2015 update: You may be thinking that the pants eventually turned up. No they didn't. Not a single word from these crooks and no notification that they were returned to the retailer, so avoid at all costs.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Andy, It’s concerning to hear your pants your ordered have not been assigned to your ShopMate account after arriving at our warehouse some time ago. The usual timeframe for this to occur is 24... read more »

Emma, my original post on this topic was back in July 2015, updated this week to let readers know that nothing had changed. I went through the procedures you outline above when the package first we... read more »

Australia Post Official

Hi Andy,

So I can assist you further may I please ask for your case number? I need to learn the 5 month history of this issue before I can let you know what can be done at this stage.

Thanks,
Emma

Lewiston

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

If it was possible I'd give a zero star rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2015

Rip off and terrible service. They advertise a $5 repacking fee which leads you to believe that you can have multiple items sent and repacked. Not so - on inquiry they only repack if they deem the packaging it arrived in was unsafe. Then they lose a now ridiculously expensive 200g package. Use MyUS - at least they do what they advertise and don't scam users.
ShopMate needs to go - users shouldn't be allowed to be treated like this.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Private message

Beware using Shop Mate. False and Misleading Advertising. Excessive delivery fees. Then no actual de

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2015

Beware using Shop Mate. We had a truly terrible experience with Australia Posts' ShopMate service. Firstly, whatever you buy in the US will be calculated at a much higher weight that the actual product. For example I was charged 12 kgs for a 5 kg baby swing purchased from US Toys R Us. Then, the 9 items I purchased online from Toys R Us were not delivered to me via courier, even though I was at home waiting for delivery. Australia post refused to deliver the items and dumped them at 2 different post offices in Sydney. After much stress we had t o hire a car because Australia post threatened to return the goods back to the US. Dealing with Australia Post has been a nightmare. This was the resolution provided by Australia Post: Australia Post refused to provide a refund for postage and referred to their failure to deliver the goods as "unfortunate" and the need for us to hire a car to collect the goods from 2 different post offices as "collateral damage".... All in all, a terrible waste of money & time, awful service and an expensive lesson.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

sydney

• 13 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

SHOPMATE (auspost US forwarding service) : Terrible, Will never use again!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2015

story is real simple.
I registered and bought some stuffs in the America. parcels arrived at AusPost Shopmate US depot 20th June and still sitting there.
WHY? because I can not login. the website login function is not working and I waited for days now as of today 30 June for that to work. I have been calling (believe me) Auspost every day till yesterday but I always got the "our technician will contact you" response.
Yesterday a technician sent me an email saying my browser is not correct and user will be only able to log in using CHROME (n
ot IE not Safari not Firefox). 10 days I have been waiting and this is the solution I've received.
first of all, my hats to whoever built the website for being so loyal to Google.
secondly I have tried every browser available and that is including CHROME. and using Chrome wont help at all. SO still I cant log in.

I am literally stuck. my parcel is still at SHOPMATE US depot and I cant log in, hence I cant pay for my delivery fee. and therefore wont receive it.

this is the worst situation a forwarding company can get you to.

very disappointed.
Samantha

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Please do not use this service!!!! Total ripoff!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2015

Purchased some ski clothing and use this fraud of a serviced which suggest my 4 clothing item weighed 13kg. Repackage 6.9kg which cost nearly $100. The delivery company from the retailer (UPS) noted the total weigh of the parcel was only 2.2kg from their tracking site. Australian post said there was nothing they can do to investigate. Shopmate I truely hope you go down you pack of scum bags!!!!

Brisbane

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 24 helpful votes

Expensive and impractical. Cheaper competitors

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2015

Without reading the rules, I accidentally ordered some food from the U.S. and was surprised to see they actually allowed it through knowing the contents inside the package.

However, this service is just too impractical.

1. The AUD is too weak against the USD so if you are buying something in USD, calculate how much it is in AUD and see if it's still cheaper overseas

2. Australia Post is charging a ridiculous amount for shipping back to Australia. You'll find that any savings are completely wiped out by the dollar conversion, and the p
rice for shipping.

Don't expect ShopMate to keep your suite number. Mine changed and I had to call Australia Post twice to get it sorted. They don't even have a dedicated support team, both advisers barely knew what they were talking about.

Finally, expect to wait at least 1.5-2 weeks for your parcel to arrive. You also have to provide an invoice when the item reaches Australia.

What a hassle. Not worth the time or money.

• 7 helpful votes

Ripoff! Avoid this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2015

Charges double what should be. Had 1.9kg parkage and they charged me for 6.4kg! Total charge $80+, website would do it for $40. Avoid and if you need a forwarding company there are plenty cheaper alternatives.

Canberra

Private message

outrageous charges - don't charge you for accurate shipping weight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2015

This service is a massive rip off. Instead of charging for the actual weight / dimensions they add on weight for some inexplicable reason. Completely unreasonable shipping charges - could have paid FedEx less.
never again.

Private message

Painful, Slow expensive, impossible to communicate with and incompetent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2015

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Shopmate is Woeful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2015

My first Shopmate experience went off without a hitch so a few weeks later I ordered some tiles I had been dying to get my hands on for about a year. By the time they had arrived to Shopmates address in Portland I couldn't log into my account. I've filled out their new password email several times and have not received an email with log in details. I've contact Australia Post on three occasions in the last 7 days and still nobody can help me. Apparently Australia Post don't have anything to do with technical support, it all goes through Shopmate who are incompetent at best. I'm kicking myself that I didn't just pay for regular postage from the shop provider.

Simply put, DO NOT DO IT. Find another company.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I just want to say that is now 15 days since I first contacted Australia Post about the issues I'm having with Shopmate and still NOBODY has called me back. There is no customer service whatsoever.

1 of 35 pages

Hello can you please tell me how to check out? after I filled the declaration form ! it tells me that the product is high value and that I have to pay tax upon arrival on australia .I understand this but its not giving me an option to select checkout or payment! please help?

arun asked on Apr 09, 2017

Hi arun,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance with this, please contact ShopMate on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

Roxy

Hi, I sent a gift to my friend, the tracking number is RT359075885HK But he told me it was seized by the Australian customs. Could you please help me check about the package? Why was it seized by the customs? Thank you.

Sharon asked on Mar 28, 2017

Hi Sharon,

Regrettably I have no scans at all for item RT359075885HK so can't advise further. I'd recommend double checking the number and contacting us via one of the below methods for more assistance:
- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost
- Twitter: @auspost
- Call us on 13 13 18

Roxy

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

See all 57 questions about Australia Post Shopmate