5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I ordered 2 Separate shipments and both arrived as per the expected date quoted,I am definitely going to use the service again

1 Star is the lowest possible rating that can be given, but that is still incredibly generous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Great idea in theory, Australians would have loved this service if it wasn't so poorly managed.

First of all, I had a hard time even logging in to my Shopmate account - then I had a hard time declaring any of my packages on the site. Finding the Shopmate customer service-number was a mission too (on purpose I bet), and then the wait time was pretty long to speak to someone.

Secondly, the item weight-listed is always more than what it actually weighs, even with the packaging. I'm generous, so I let that fly, but THEY WILL CHARGE YOU THE "
WEIGHT" BY PACKAGE SIZE even if it's mostly air. They tried to charge me 6X the actual item weight.

You can have your packages re-packaged (for $5) so it will be smaller, and charged less to ship - but that option isn't obviously shown when you are at the checkout. I had to call and wait 15 minutes to get that sorted. Still in the process, but I will keep this updated.

Watch out, Shopmate is a money-grab rip-off.

Positive experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Just had a vey good experience with shopmate customer service as soon as I sent an email they were on the phone to me sorting out my problem
All resolved with a discount for shipping even when it was the retailers fault.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Glad to hear that was all sorted out Robert, thanks for sharing!

Roxy

Just had the worst customer experience with Shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I have actually used this service several times before and had no issues. But this time it was so bad that I will never use them again (though I was expecting as some point this would happen based on all the bad reviews). FOR ALL those people who say they are not sure why people are complaining about this service - I used to be you once. You may never experience this coz you're lucky or your goods are not dangerous. But the minute it goes wrong, they will NOT give you the service to fix the problem (that is my main issue).

Firstly it's very
expensive and is only worth it for bulk/larger items. They don't offer consolidated packaging. Also it does take ages to actually register a product when it arrives (allow another 2-3 business days at least!). I was ok with this because I found it reliable and too lazy to look around.

But this last time - was the strangest experience I have ever had. I paid for 4 packages to be sent back home - only three package made it 2.5 weeks later (although they advertise 5 to 8 working days?) - that's when I realised my fourth package wasn't coming. When I called they told me there were dangerous goods (but never contacted me in the two weeks since I had paid to deliver). I straight away sent invoice and followed up next day - confirmed to discard and send asap (I was also on a two week time limit before I left again). When I still hadn't received a confirmation 72 hours later I called and found out US hadn't given reply. Later that day contacted me that there was another dangerous good. So I told them to discard straight away and demanded refund (which they agreed). Only sent the box the next Tuesday US time (I had confirmed on a Friday day) and money order for refund a week later - so neither arrived before I left (will not be back for another 6 months)..... I had told them I was on a time limit - they all were very acknowledging of it but did nothing to actually help make it go faster.

Am on the hunt for a better services and there seems to be heaps of options out there that are similar price (and maybe cheaper) and offer consolidated packaging. https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/shopmate-and-us-freight-forwarding-services

I will never be using shopmate again.. my main concern was not that a mistake occurred but that it seemed ok for them not to handle it or have any obligation to take responsibility. I had to do all the following up and pushing (and that didn't even work!). That's not ok when you are paying as much as you do...

Comments
Australia Post Official

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience Tam. If you'd like to share your case number with me I can definitely take a look at this.

Roxy

Mostly a reasonable experience, this last time not so

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

USPS tracking shows my parcel arrived Oregon on 9 June.
Parcel doesn't show in your system until today 14 Jun
Website not working with Chrone, Firefox or Safari:
Unable to Declare my package's value, hence get it despatched. Case No. is 12018742

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Deemac, Looking over your case it looks like this issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, you can give ShopMate a call directly on on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday –... read more »

No Complaints

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Received three packages from the US via Shopmate. Hiccup with one but sorted in a couple of days after I phoned the help desk. Person I dealt with was good.

The only thing I would ask them to do is copy the NZ Youshop screens. Looks like the same freight handling company in the US does AUS and NZ. NZ screen is more user friendly.

Other than that I am struggling to find anything wrong. Will be using Shopmate again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Jack!

Roxy

Not sure why people complaining?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Great service. I have used shopmate around a dozen times so far and perfect every time. It is the easiest and best way to use the US ebay site and shop direct from US online retailers. Well done shopmate

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Tim!

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Misleading service, a total scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you expected Kris. It is true that we aren't able to pack all items into one parcel. We do always recommend customers read through our FAQs before going a... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Absolutely the worst experience I've had with customer service ever. My package was delivered by USPS on a Monday morning and confirmed for delivery via tracking number for the Shopmate freight forwarding service. It didn't show up in the "Your Shopping" area within 48 hours so I emailed once aftee this time. I was told it would be up to 2-4 business days and to wait the extra two days. Where did this 4 days come from? Your own website says "within 48 hours". Fine - I waited the suggested 4 days and i
t still hasn't shown up. My next email was completely ignored. One week had passed and I called on a Monday morning and requested information from Australia post but they did not give me any definite answers as they said they were not trained in Shopmate and had to call me back. It has been 1 week and I have no idea where my package is. I also don't know how to get compensation for such an expensive item when it is clearly the freight services fault but I need to go through Australia post Shopmate who are completely incompetent and won't even lodge an enquiry until more than double the time. I needed the package 4 days ago. Is the service going to be free since you've inconvenienced me so much? I asked for compensation but there is no guarantee once again. I also cannot call Shopmate as they have no number listed and I have a full time job and cannot afford the time to deal with this issue. I just need compensation for my time wasted and for it to work and be resolved immediately, yet nobody will give me an answer about anything as they are either not trained or uncontactable through other means and won't reply to emails. I am about to lodge and enquiry with the office of fair trading and I suggest you bombard the OFT with complaints if you do not receive your package immediately. There is no point waiting for this service to care about their customers and they clearly do nybor they would have contacted me directly offering renumeration and further help but nobody has done so after multiple requests.

DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ggqq, It's disappointing to hear about your experience with ShopMate and I can appreciate why you'd be frustrated. Have you got a case number that I can take a look at? ShopMate does have a nu... read more »

I have multiple: When I emailed the first two times: 11651626 When I called: 11718495 I don't have time to deal with this anymore. If you are not offering a hasty resolution and further ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Excellent as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Have now completed a number of transactions with Shopmate and not had any issues. The concept is great and I hope AP continue this service as all of the items I've shipped have not been available in Australia and in all cases the vendor refused to ship, even using my DHL or FedEx accounts. I've not reviewed before but in order to bring some balance, I'd like people to know there are very happy Shopmate customers out there too!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Mikey! :D

• 2 comments
Private message

Can't process any of my cards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I have tried over the last several days to log in and process my payment. The parcel is waiting at the warehouse in America and Shopmate's website doesn't work! How am I meant to get my stuff? I have tried Australian credit cards (I have 2), Australian debit mastercards, American credit cards (I have 3!) and none of them work in your stupid system. This is ridiculous. I emailed you with zero response. Now I have to call during business hours when I'm working to sort your junk out. You're holding my stuff hostage. Not happy Shopmate.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JJJ,

Apologies for the delayed reply, have you been able to resolve this? If you need further assistance, I recommend contacting ShopMate directly on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Roxy

Thank you yes I did apparently your payment portal has a glitch with IOS applications so I did it again through Google Chrome and it went through.
Cheers

Ok so next shipment: Same s*** different shovel! I tried this time through Chrome right off the bat and it won't accept my card. What is going on?!! I am so tired of this.

1 of 37 pages

My item was delivered by DHL on the 15/6/17. ShopMate says it'll take 1-2 business days for me to receive an email to pay my shipping back to Australia. It's been 5 business days and I still haven't received anything. It's a birthday gift (shoes. so it's nothing dangerous) and an expensive one as well so I'm a bit worried. My ShopMate account says nothing... DHL is no longer showing me the delivery because it's already delivered. The only proof I have is from the website that I purchased the item off. I've clicked on "My Shopping" in ShopMate and it says "Your parcel will appear here within 48 hours after it arrives at our warehouse" but I have not seen anything.

phtven asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi phtven,

It can take a few days for orders to appear in your ShopMate account. If it's still not there, give the team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll take a look into it for you.

Roxy

I have a package which has been deem as high value, what should I do if I wish to continue using shopmate? I have already got a case number 12145396, waiting your reply.

Macin asked on Jun 21, 2017

Hi Macin,

Looks like our ShopMate team has been in touch with you :)

Roxy

Hello friend, could you please help me check where is my this package (LP005522803HK)? It has not been moved since 5th, thank you so much.

DAISY asked on Jun 12, 2017

Hi Daisy,

Sure, Looking at the scans I can see this one has left HK on the 6th but hasn't yet been scanned into our networks for delivery. These items usually take around 10 business days to be delivered so it shouldn't be far away.

See all 65 questions about Australia Post Shopmate