• 2 comments
  • 20 helpful votes
Private message

Goods were delivered to Shop mate - and went into a black hole.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

- Shopmate lost track of an entire shipment (due 17-20th April)
- Shopmate do not investigate lost shipments until customers lodge enquiries - even though an entire shipment had dropped off the radar for 10 days
- Whilst my goods were insured - refunds are paid in MONEY ORDER - not a refund on your card
- Repeated requests for management to call went unanswered

Costs to ship from US are actually greater than courier costs from US (with priority shipping courier)

Expensive
Poor customer service
Lack of process
Management non-existent

• 3 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Lost my shipment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Shopmate has lost my parcel containing goods worth $600, and they have no idea where it is.

Shopmate is about the worst delivery service in the world. I've never had such a bad experience as the one I've had with Shopmate. My advice if you're looking for a company to deliver a product from the USA, steer clear of Shopmate and find another supplier.

The parcel I had shipped with Shopmate has never arrived, and Shopmate has no idea where it is. I had my order from Amazon arrive at their Oregon office early April 2017 and Shopmate informed
me it would be delivered 17-20 April 2017. I payed to get it shipped, and the last Shopmate and AusPost know where it is somewhere in Canada! No one knows what it's doing in Canada. They have no idea if someone on their team stole it. And although Shopmate has lost my parcel, they have no intention of paying for my lost package even though it was in their hands and they were accountable for it.

If you are looking for a company to ship your US orders to Australia, Shopmate must just about be the worst - suggest you find someone else.

WARNING.......THEY OVERCHARGE and NO ONE EVER RETURNS EMAIL ENQUIRIES.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

No point waiting for response from Shopmate, you get no reply.
I have no trouble with any other service from Australia Post.
It is my first and last use of Shopmate.
I'm sure I have been overcharged.
I would love it if a Manager of Shopmate would review my account.

Parcel recieved by ELLIS Oregon, Portland

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Parcel dropped at Shopmate address and received by Ellis. Have e-mailed Aussie Post and had an action number lodged. Still waiting for the Parcel to be found! Delivered 6 days ago to their address....

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Let's see, it is now 24/4/2017 and ShopMate originally received my parcel to their US address on 14/2/2017.
2 weeks' ago I had been promised reimbursement for my "lost item" in the form of a cheque, still waiting...

Hopeless team in the Customer Service department, originally had the enquiry listed as 'Staff complaint' ?! It was, only until recently, that this was changed to a missing item enquiry.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Volumetric weight is more than three times the actual weight

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Hi Auspost, last time this happened, Shopmate didn't bother responding to my direct enquiry until I posted on here nine days later. So this time I'm coming straight to the forum that appears to get a result (you were very helpful last time). I've had a parcel arrive in Oregon with an actual weight of 3.5kg, and a volumetric weight of 12.1kg. It is a large(ish) box, but with the known dimensions of the box, it is not possible to get to the fee that Shopmate have calculated. It also doesn't appear that there has been an attempt to repackage the i tem as per the Shopmate T&C's. I'm loath to pay the $171.70 that Shopmate want to charge me for insured shipping to Aus. For that price, I'll go back to UPS/USPS next time. I also give permission for any packing filler to be removed from around or within the bag contained in the box. Please contact me at your earliest convenience via the mobile number listed on my Shopmate profile.

Last four numbers of my APCN: 8126
AP Article ID: 00093493040001440311
cASE NUMBER: 10888023

• 2 helpful votes

Wish I could give it Negative Stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Fedex delivered my package over a week ago, took 3 days to show up on my Shopmate account.
I login in and received a warning about the valve being close to $1000. I disregarded the warning so I could proceed and it disregarded my package completely, that's it no longer on my account, just gone!.

I can't get a hold of anyone, there is no number to call and no reply to multiple emails.

This is just a scam. I have been using Shipit forever without issues still not sure why I thought I would give Shopmate a try. Huge mistake!!!!

Where is my package!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

It is a much needed service with a few glitches

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Let's face it...it is difficult to buy lots of things from US stores because they won't ship to Aus. Shopmate solves this problem by supplying us with a US address. I found it easy to register on Shopmate and easy to shop with the desired US retail outlet. In fact everything ran smoothly except for Shopmate Orlando where I was not advised of the parcel arrival for some weeks. This caused distress as to where the expensive item was after the dated departure from the retail store. When this was finally sorted the parcel arrived promptly here in Oz and I felt for the weight and size that the freight was reasonable. There was one more glitch where I was advised that delivery had been fulfilled despite there being a holding of mail with Australia Post in place because I was away on vacation. Luckily a relative was able to pick the item up from the front door of our property. As the item was valued at over $1000 I was wondering why a signature was not sought. Overall this service is much needed and hopefully airing of these glitches will help streamline it. I will definitely keep using it.

Expensive item and I cannot get payment processed via checkout

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Have used this service for the first time and won't do it again.
No notification that my item was ready to proceed. Now when I try to pay the postage the system seems to freeze.
I won't my items that u have paid for!!!

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

An human error, a website error or an overcharge ???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

ZERO STAR !!!
My parcel from Backcountry was delivered to Shopmate, Oregon USA on Tuesday 11/4/2017 11:31am local time.
According to UPS delivery details, the package weight 3.9lbs (1.8kg).
However, Shopmate claimed that the original weight of the package was 8.2kg and they repacked it to 4.8kg and the shipment cost is AUD 77.45.
How can an 1.8kg parcel turned into 8.2kg ? Is Shopmate lying to overcharge customers for services that have never ever existed ??? They should rename themselves as ShopEvil !!!

I lodged a complaint to Austral
ia Post and then Shopmate today 14/04/2017. If the issue won't be resolved within an acceptable time frame, I am going to escalate it to Australian consumer affairs and media.
Australian please protect and fight for your rights !!!

April 26th, 2017 Update: Pathetic service! They ignore your complaint totally.

I already wrote a review "An human error, a website error or an overcharge ???" on 15/04/2017.

I now believe that it's not system or human errors but Shopmate does it on purpose.
Australian, Please lodge your complaints to australian fair trading straight away when you have your Shopmate case number. When Services/Traders have too many complaints against them, they will be watched. This is the ONLY way to put Australian Post under pressure to resolve your issues.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi VuNguyen,

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you, just let me know what your case number is from when you called us.

Roxy

Hi Roxy, My case number is 10773790 and under "Product Enquiry". I posted all the details like my Australian Post Customer Number, Shopmate receiver name and the Parcel details. I strongly believ... read more »

10 days after my complaint lodged and nothing happened. I am going to lodge a complaint to Australian Fair Trading.

Chelsea

• 6 helpful votes

Expensive expensive expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I ordered a lightweight blanket from amazon. They shipped to Australia but were going to about $40. Using the calculator on the shopmate website, I determined it would be cheaper so decided to ship it there instead (the amazon shipping was free in the US). The package arrived and it was $53 to ship!!! What a joke, it's a baby pram blanket! What a mistake I made shipping via Australia post-I should have known better as everything with Aus Post is $$$. I've got some sinks being shipped via ShopMate, used the calculator but I'm dreading how much it is actually going to cost seeing as the calculator appears to be useless. Use another service as there are plenty around!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michelle. When using the calculator, the prices shown are in estimates only and the quote can change depending on the size of the packaging used by the sender. Ap... read more »

1 of 35 pages

Hello can you please tell me how to check out? after I filled the declaration form ! it tells me that the product is high value and that I have to pay tax upon arrival on australia .I understand this but its not giving me an option to select checkout or payment! please help?

arun asked on Apr 09, 2017

Hi arun,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance with this, please contact ShopMate on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

Roxy

Hi, I sent a gift to my friend, the tracking number is RT359075885HK But he told me it was seized by the Australian customs. Could you please help me check about the package? Why was it seized by the customs? Thank you.

Sharon asked on Mar 28, 2017

Hi Sharon,

Regrettably I have no scans at all for item RT359075885HK so can't advise further. I'd recommend double checking the number and contacting us via one of the below methods for more assistance:
- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost
- Twitter: @auspost
- Call us on 13 13 18

Roxy

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

See all 57 questions about Australia Post Shopmate