Canberra

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

outrageous charges - don't charge you for accurate shipping weight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2015

This service is a massive rip off. Instead of charging for the actual weight / dimensions they add on weight for some inexplicable reason. Completely unreasonable shipping charges - could have paid FedEx less.
never again.

• 7 helpful votes

Ripoff! Avoid this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2015

Charges double what should be. Had 1.9kg parkage and they charged me for 6.4kg! Total charge $80+, website would do it for $40. Avoid and if you need a forwarding company there are plenty cheaper alternatives.

MELBOURNE

Rubbish.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2015

They wouldn't bundle my packages together for some reason even after my multiple attempts to find out why. The only answer they had was "That service is currently unavailable for your shipment". The auto notification that my parcels had arrived at shopmate also didn't work so my package was sitting there for days without me knowing. It took me to login to see what was going on to find out that my one of my items had been sitting in their facility for a week. Life your game Australia Post.

Shopmate is disgraceful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2015

Everything that Australia Post puts their hands on does not work or has major issues. I have tried to have an item returned from their Portland Oregon warehouse for the last two weeks. Australia Post play a game called "pass the customer" around complaint! Australia Post must have learnt this from "pass the parcel" ! I have spoken to at least six customer services persons at Australia Post, and still no answers. The problem comes from the top employee - CEO - [name removed]. The best solution would be to sack [name removed] and his cronies and then start again!

Brisbane

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 24 helpful votes

Expensive and impractical. Cheaper competitors

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2015

Without reading the rules, I accidentally ordered some food from the U.S. and was surprised to see they actually allowed it through knowing the contents inside the package.

However, this service is just too impractical.

1. The AUD is too weak against the USD so if you are buying something in USD, calculate how much it is in AUD and see if it's still cheaper overseas

2. Australia Post is charging a ridiculous amount for shipping back to Australia. You'll find that any savings are completely wiped out by the dollar conversion, and the p
rice for shipping.

Don't expect ShopMate to keep your suite number. Mine changed and I had to call Australia Post twice to get it sorted. They don't even have a dedicated support team, both advisers barely knew what they were talking about.

Finally, expect to wait at least 1.5-2 weeks for your parcel to arrive. You also have to provide an invoice when the item reaches Australia.

What a hassle. Not worth the time or money.

Terrible Customer Service and Expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2015

I diligently followed the tracking of my items online and they stopped "moving" in Australia. Emailed and called Australia Post, took them a MONTH to get back to me to explain the delay. Still have no products and have been waiting 2 months......

• 6 comments

Shop Mate Service is Crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

I joined Shop Mate. Had a parcel delivered to their US address. For some reason cannot log in to declare the parcel and pay. Have called Australia Post twice to assist and all they say is someone will contact me to assist but no-one ever does and they say there is nothing further I can do about it. I will NEVER use this service again and regret ever thinking Australia Post might finally be doing something properly. Avoid the Shop Mate [dis]service like the plague. Sadly nothing lower than Terrible otherwise I would use it.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Now, 5 days on after I posted this review and despite 3 telephone calls to Australia Post and case opened for investigation, still nothing heard from Australia Post. I expect what will happen in d... read more »

Well, it is now 8 July and despite my constant telephone calls to Australia Post all I have had is an e-mail from a no-reply customer service rep. advising me that I should try using Google Chrome ... read more »

Well, its now 13 July and still no contact from Australia Post of its [dis]service Shop Mate. Perhaps they should re-name this 'Don't ShopMate'.

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Please do not use this service!!!! Total ripoff!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2015

Purchased some ski clothing and use this fraud of a serviced which suggest my 4 clothing item weighed 13kg. Repackage 6.9kg which cost nearly $100. The delivery company from the retailer (UPS) noted the total weigh of the parcel was only 2.2kg from their tracking site. Australian post said there was nothing they can do to investigate. Shopmate I truely hope you go down you pack of scum bags!!!!

sydney

• 13 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

SHOPMATE (auspost US forwarding service) : Terrible, Will never use again!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2015

story is real simple.
I registered and bought some stuffs in the America. parcels arrived at AusPost Shopmate US depot 20th June and still sitting there.
WHY? because I can not login. the website login function is not working and I waited for days now as of today 30 June for that to work. I have been calling (believe me) Auspost every day till yesterday but I always got the "our technician will contact you" response.
Yesterday a technician sent me an email saying my browser is not correct and user will be only able to log in using CHROME (n
ot IE not Safari not Firefox). 10 days I have been waiting and this is the solution I've received.
first of all, my hats to whoever built the website for being so loyal to Google.
secondly I have tried every browser available and that is including CHROME. and using Chrome wont help at all. SO still I cant log in.

I am literally stuck. my parcel is still at SHOPMATE US depot and I cant log in, hence I cant pay for my delivery fee. and therefore wont receive it.

this is the worst situation a forwarding company can get you to.

very disappointed.
Samantha

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Lewiston

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

If it was possible I'd give a zero star rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2015

Rip off and terrible service. They advertise a $5 repacking fee which leads you to believe that you can have multiple items sent and repacked. Not so - on inquiry they only repack if they deem the packaging it arrived in was unsafe. Then they lose a now ridiculously expensive 200g package. Use MyUS - at least they do what they advertise and don't scam users.
ShopMate needs to go - users shouldn't be allowed to be treated like this.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Beware using Shop Mate. False and Misleading Advertising. Excessive delivery fees. Then no actual de

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2015

Beware using Shop Mate. We had a truly terrible experience with Australia Posts' ShopMate service. Firstly, whatever you buy in the US will be calculated at a much higher weight that the actual product. For example I was charged 12 kgs for a 5 kg baby swing purchased from US Toys R Us. Then, the 9 items I purchased online from Toys R Us were not delivered to me via courier, even though I was at home waiting for delivery. Australia post refused to deliver the items and dumped them at 2 different post offices in Sydney. After much stress we had t o hire a car because Australia post threatened to return the goods back to the US. Dealing with Australia Post has been a nightmare. This was the resolution provided by Australia Post: Australia Post refused to provide a refund for postage and referred to their failure to deliver the goods as "unfortunate" and the need for us to hire a car to collect the goods from 2 different post offices as "collateral damage".... All in all, a terrible waste of money & time, awful service and an expensive lesson.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 35 pages

Hello can you please tell me how to check out? after I filled the declaration form ! it tells me that the product is high value and that I have to pay tax upon arrival on australia .I understand this but its not giving me an option to select checkout or payment! please help?

arun asked on Apr 09, 2017

Hi arun,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance with this, please contact ShopMate on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

Roxy

Hi, I sent a gift to my friend, the tracking number is RT359075885HK But he told me it was seized by the Australian customs. Could you please help me check about the package? Why was it seized by the customs? Thank you.

Sharon asked on Mar 28, 2017

Hi Sharon,

Regrettably I have no scans at all for item RT359075885HK so can't advise further. I'd recommend double checking the number and contacting us via one of the below methods for more assistance:
- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost
- Twitter: @auspost
- Call us on 13 13 18

Roxy

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

See all 57 questions about Australia Post Shopmate