Excellent as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Have now completed a number of transactions with Shopmate and not had any issues. The concept is great and I hope AP continue this service as all of the items I've shipped have not been available in Australia and in all cases the vendor refused to ship, even using my DHL or FedEx accounts. I've not reviewed before but in order to bring some balance, I'd like people to know there are very happy Shopmate customers out there too!

Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Seamless.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Reviews had me worried about my package, but bought something from the US, shipped to ShopMate in portland, took them the quoted "2 business days" to get the package and estimate shipping costs. The costs were as per their website and lower than the competition! Paid, product shipped out the next day, and in my hand 3 days later.

Seamless!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kash,

Thanks so much for sharing this!

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I just wanted to post a review because there are so many negative ones up here.

I have been perhaps lucky with my experience with ShopMate - I've had very quick turnaround with them and no issues so far (all dates are Australian time):
25 March - Parcel was delivered to ShopMate warehouse
28 March - Received confirmation of arrival and paid fee (which was as expected for the size of package and about $40 cheaper than sending directly from the supplier)
29 March - Package was shipped from warehouse (ETA 4 April to 8 April)

Despite
the overwhelmingly negative reviews, my experience with ShopMate has been good (at least at the moment). Some useful info from other posts I have seen include:
- ask the sender to send the goods in the smallest package possible
- review the types of goods ShopMate/AusPost will not ship (e.g. nail polish and perfume)
- ask the sender to send multiple items in one package as ShopMate do not combine packages

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ileini,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, as well as these tips :)

Excellent Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing this, and definitely reach out if you need anything from here with your parcel.

Roxy

Well I picked up my product Today. Perfect, communication from when my product landed in Australia was 100% So all in all perfect service considering i made some errors my end. I run a medium siz... read more »

Also just a quick note. The tool we purchased was $2000.00 worth $5000.00 in Australia so very happy that We engaged with Shopmate. Trusted service 100% Cannot discredit in any way shape or form.... read more »

Camden

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

THANK GOD FOR SHOPMATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Have used Shopmate quite a few times. I must say I LOVE the shipping prices. What would usually cost me around $70AUD to send to Australia only cost me around $30AUD. LOVE IT. Never had any issues and very fast postage. Thank you so much!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christie J,

So great to hear. Happy shopping.

Ashleigh

So happy to have an Australian post option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Have used Shopmate twice and it was speedy when the parcel was sent from them. Would recommend this service for USA shopping.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cait,

I'm pleased to hear this, thanks for your review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

A great service if you use it right.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I have used this service probably a dozen times since I signed up a couple years ago and have had no issues aside from some slight delays outside the quoted delivery times but nothing major. I think it's a great service but like anything you've got to be smart about how and/or whether you should use it. After reading some of the reviews on here I think there a probably a lot of folks who haven't taken the time to read the T&C's for this service and are suffering some shell shock as a result. My number one tip is do your homework! Here's a few others:
Don't buy goods unless there is a substantial saving over local sources or the goods are not available locally.
Make your vendor aware the goods are being transhipped and, if possible, ask for them to be packaged as compact as practicable.
Don't buy bulky/lightweight goods because the volumetric size generally does not justify the postage cost particularly if the goods are cheap.
Don't but goods which fall into the dangerous goods category i.e. containing Lithium batteries for example.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Charles G.

Some great points!!

I'm glad the service has worked for you :D.

Ashleigh

Excellent option if seller will not ship items purchased overseas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have used Shopmate several times including their consolidation service where more than one parcel is sent to them and consolidated into one package to reduce postage costs. Absolutely flawless so fare so I cannot quite reconcile my experiences with others on this review website. Tracking was useful and I received advice when item(s) were received by Shopmate in the US and again when the parcel was on its way to my address in Australia. Costs are reasonable and below the comparable service offered by eBay in the US.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey 40degreesS,

It's so good to hear ShopMate has worked out so well for you.

Thanks for the review!

Steph.

Works!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Lets you get goods you otherwise wouldn't be able to get. It comes at a cost but a fair cost considering it the package has to be double handled and double shipped.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mungo,

Great! I'm glad to hear this has worked out well for you :)

Steph.

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Just got an $1800 camera from the US, delivered total cost $480! All worked extremely well. Thanks Shopmate. Was nervous at the beginning if it would work, but no problems at all. Highly recommended.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Awesome savings Aden, glad you enjoyed the service. ~ Mikey

Thanks :)

1 of 36 pages

Hello mate, could you please help me to check where is this package(RT371967020HK) now? Thank you so much. Daisy

DAISY asked on May 18, 2017

Hi a Shopmate account and have 2 orders 'on hold'. As requested I have emailed Shopmate on 2 separate occassions but neither of my packages have changed status nor have I received a response email. What is happening and why are my orders on hold?? The second case number is 11178013.....

tennille asked on May 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi tennille,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Looks like the ShopMate team have been in touch with you now.

Roxy

I am trying to make payment on my shopmate account. When I click make payment nothing happens. I have enabled cookies and there is sufficient funds on my credit card I've tried on my laptop and my phone same thing is happening! I want my package sent asap because I need the shoes for my sons christening. My customer number is 10091 58219 Thanks heaps Emily

Emilytzitzi asked on May 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Emily,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having terouble, I recommend giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475.

See all 60 questions about Australia Post Shopmate