Seamless.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Reviews had me worried about my package, but bought something from the US, shipped to ShopMate in portland, took them the quoted "2 business days" to get the package and estimate shipping costs. The costs were as per their website and lower than the competition! Paid, product shipped out the next day, and in my hand 3 days later.

Seamless!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kash,

Thanks so much for sharing this!

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I just wanted to post a review because there are so many negative ones up here.

I have been perhaps lucky with my experience with ShopMate - I've had very quick turnaround with them and no issues so far (all dates are Australian time):
25 March - Parcel was delivered to ShopMate warehouse
28 March - Received confirmation of arrival and paid fee (which was as expected for the size of package and about $40 cheaper than sending directly from the supplier)
29 March - Package was shipped from warehouse (ETA 4 April to 8 April)

Despite
the overwhelmingly negative reviews, my experience with ShopMate has been good (at least at the moment). Some useful info from other posts I have seen include:
- ask the sender to send the goods in the smallest package possible
- review the types of goods ShopMate/AusPost will not ship (e.g. nail polish and perfume)
- ask the sender to send multiple items in one package as ShopMate do not combine packages

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ileini,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, as well as these tips :)

Excellent Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing this, and definitely reach out if you need anything from here with your parcel.

Roxy

Well I picked up my product Today. Perfect, communication from when my product landed in Australia was 100% So all in all perfect service considering i made some errors my end. I run a medium siz... read more »

Also just a quick note. The tool we purchased was $2000.00 worth $5000.00 in Australia so very happy that We engaged with Shopmate. Trusted service 100% Cannot discredit in any way shape or form.... read more »

Camden

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

THANK GOD FOR SHOPMATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Have used Shopmate quite a few times. I must say I LOVE the shipping prices. What would usually cost me around $70AUD to send to Australia only cost me around $30AUD. LOVE IT. Never had any issues and very fast postage. Thank you so much!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christie J,

So great to hear. Happy shopping.

Ashleigh

So happy to have an Australian post option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Have used Shopmate twice and it was speedy when the parcel was sent from them. Would recommend this service for USA shopping.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cait,

I'm pleased to hear this, thanks for your review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

A great service if you use it right.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I have used this service probably a dozen times since I signed up a couple years ago and have had no issues aside from some slight delays outside the quoted delivery times but nothing major. I think it's a great service but like anything you've got to be smart about how and/or whether you should use it. After reading some of the reviews on here I think there a probably a lot of folks who haven't taken the time to read the T&C's for this service and are suffering some shell shock as a result. My number one tip is do your homework! Here's a few others:
Don't buy goods unless there is a substantial saving over local sources or the goods are not available locally.
Make your vendor aware the goods are being transhipped and, if possible, ask for them to be packaged as compact as practicable.
Don't buy bulky/lightweight goods because the volumetric size generally does not justify the postage cost particularly if the goods are cheap.
Don't but goods which fall into the dangerous goods category i.e. containing Lithium batteries for example.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Charles G.

Some great points!!

I'm glad the service has worked for you :D.

Ashleigh

Excellent option if seller will not ship items purchased overseas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have used Shopmate several times including their consolidation service where more than one parcel is sent to them and consolidated into one package to reduce postage costs. Absolutely flawless so fare so I cannot quite reconcile my experiences with others on this review website. Tracking was useful and I received advice when item(s) were received by Shopmate in the US and again when the parcel was on its way to my address in Australia. Costs are reasonable and below the comparable service offered by eBay in the US.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey 40degreesS,

It's so good to hear ShopMate has worked out so well for you.

Thanks for the review!

Steph.

Works!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Lets you get goods you otherwise wouldn't be able to get. It comes at a cost but a fair cost considering it the package has to be double handled and double shipped.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mungo,

Great! I'm glad to hear this has worked out well for you :)

Steph.

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Just got an $1800 camera from the US, delivered total cost $480! All worked extremely well. Thanks Shopmate. Was nervous at the beginning if it would work, but no problems at all. Highly recommended.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Awesome savings Aden, glad you enjoyed the service. ~ Mikey

Thanks :)

Launceston

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

American in Australia and this is a game changer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I have used shopmate 3 times now and have to say I am overjoyed with the results being able to shop 99.5% in restricted to my favourite stores has been amazing and the shipping is almost the same as having something shipped priority usps, ups.

Be smart, do some research when choosing your shipping options I usually save 50- 80 dollars from Amazon having it go to my shopmate instead of directly to me so it was great for me

Hope this helps

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for the praise Asia G and fantastic tip for those looking to shop online for overseas companies. ~ Mikey

You are more than welcome- this is a great option for us and once we have a European shopmate it will be incredible

Great experience for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

There seems to be a bad rap for this service through Aus Post... maybe I got lucky, or maybe it's mostly the negative reviewers who leave reviews, but either way I am very satisfied with this service I recently used and I intend on using it again.

I found them to be very prompt and clear with their correspondence when I contacted them, and everything went through as indicated. There would have been no other way for me to get what I needed from the US if it weren't for ShopMate, so I'm pretty grateful they exist.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jim, Quite often customers don't post reviews or reach out to us when they're had a positive experience, rather only when they've had a negative experience or need help. I'm glad you've taken ... read more »

1 of 35 pages

Hello can you please tell me how to check out? after I filled the declaration form ! it tells me that the product is high value and that I have to pay tax upon arrival on australia .I understand this but its not giving me an option to select checkout or payment! please help?

arun asked on Apr 09, 2017

Hi arun,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance with this, please contact ShopMate on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

Roxy

Hi, I sent a gift to my friend, the tracking number is RT359075885HK But he told me it was seized by the Australian customs. Could you please help me check about the package? Why was it seized by the customs? Thank you.

Sharon asked on Mar 28, 2017

Hi Sharon,

Regrettably I have no scans at all for item RT359075885HK so can't advise further. I'd recommend double checking the number and contacting us via one of the below methods for more assistance:
- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost
- Twitter: @auspost
- Call us on 13 13 18

Roxy

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

See all 57 questions about Australia Post Shopmate