• 2 comments

Do not use shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I too wish i read review before enlisting these incompetent fools. They Took 2 days each time to acknowledge email enquiry as to whats happening, then a week to actually give a useless reply with no answer. Estimate was reasonable, actual charged was 4 TIMES estimate. No phone number for Shopmate Australia or Portland Oregon only Auspost and no one there was any help. Lied about date of parcel arrival, took another week to process it, in the end I saved only $5 on DHLs price which would have been here in just 4 days; instead I'm on week 5 and counting. I am absolutely disgusted with this so called service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Geoff,

Could you let me know your case number for this? Let's get this sorted out for you.

Steph.

Hi Steph, the parcel arrived today. Inside some of the packaging inside the carton had been cut through with a boxknife. Some parts made of rubber inside have cut marks in them. This is just carele... read more »

Steph I have received a call from Simon at Auspost regarding the problems with this shipment. Good to see something is being done.

Perth

Private message

Overcharged and worst service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I wish I read the reviews before going through with shopmate! Worst customer service, never got an email back regarding my claim I made. And got charged $300+ for shipping 3 things. Being a single mum I'm now out of pocket thanks to your ridiculous shipping charges. Never will go through shopmate again and will be telling family and friends not to use it either.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kay,

This isn't good at all to hear.

Do you have a case number you can share with me?

Australia Post Official

Hi Kay, In terms of the postage charges, the items are calculated by cubic weight. If you have a look on the ShopMate website, this explains how it's calculated https://shopmate.auspost.com.au... read more »

Sydney

• 6 comments

Verified Purchase

Service - what service!.. would not suggest to use this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

The tracking form USPS says delivered 3 days ago yet it still hasn't show up in my shop-mate account, when I enter the tracking into shop-mate, it doesn't even show up what a joke. Item required for this weekend by COB Friday 3rd March 2017.. (Delivered PORTLAND, OR 97203 February 24, 2017 11:34 am. USPS Tracking Number: 9205590136271845928231. Would appreciate a speedy response.

Today is 1 March and still nothing as yet, please help

I was told it should appear in my tracking within the next 24 hours, it should have now, as it is almost n
ight time there again, if not already. I don't think my package will ever get scanned. How long does it take to scan a package? if they don't have enough staff, shouldn't they hire more???

Wow i just read someone's review and his review said "Still waiting on my package to be redirected, it has been sitting in their US warehouse for OVER SIX WEEKS with no idea when anyone will be contacting me for further instruction on how to get my parcel delivered."

I really hope mine doesn't take 6 weeks

I spoke to Australia Post this morning Customer service and the kind lady I spoke to agreed that it shouldn't take that long to scan a parcel in, she agreed that it definitely has been more than 48 hours and doesn't understand why. She has escalated this as a high priority to Shopmate, I really hope they come to the picture. It is just unfortunately I now have no sprint shoes to sprint at State championships this weekend 3-5th March and I have to go out and buy another pair until these come. Unless they scan the parcel in and manage to deliver it by Friday but I doubt it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Maria,

I have assisted via private message. I hope this arrives in time.

Steph

Don't think it will, but hoping

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Awful service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Still waiting on my package to be redirected, it has been sitting in their US warehouse for OVER SIX WEEKS with no idea when anyone will be contacting me for further instruction on how to get my parcel delivered. Their communication is unbelieveably slow and inadequate. It is infuriating that there is no phone number you can call to speak to someone. Use an alternative like shipito.com or comgateway.com. I certainly will not use Shop Mate again for anything ever again after this experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Josie,

As I requested via private message send an email through to shopmate@auspost.com.au with your details, and then let me know your case number.

Steph.

Hi Steph, I did as you requested immediately after I read your private message on the 16th of February. As you can see by my public review nothing helpful came from that email, so nothing further h... read more »

Hi Josie,

The reason I asked for your case number is so I can pass it on to the ShopMate team to have a look at and get in contact with you.

Private message

item delivered 3 days ago, still not allocated.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

the tracking form USPS says delievered 3 days ago yet it still hasn't show up in my shopmate account, when I enter the tracking into shopmate, it doesn't even show up what a joke

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Alex, If you've attempted the "Find my Package" steps and your parcel cannot be located, please contact our ShopMate team by email and get back to me here with your case number. By following... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Terrible Service - Avoid at all costs!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

Used shopmate to try to get two items from US, will not use this service again.

Firstly the site was not working, so I can't pay and release packages to get sent to Australia.
Customer service only operates Monday - Friday during business hours, which is not sufficient. The support through the Australia post website has no options to log support issues with shopmate, and the only way to get any contact with Australia post is through the social media team, who can't actually do anything.

The time to get packages to Australia, once I eventually manage to release them is far in excess of any other service.

I use UK address regularly, which is an efficient and smooth service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey blikant, Send an email to shopmate@auspost.com.au and include your details within the email. You'll receive an automated email back with a case number. If you can let me know that number then... read more »

Steph I have sent an email to the address above, outlining my experience, and included a link to this review.

There is information under both these numbers

Australia Post Official

Someone from ShopMate will be in touch shortly.

Nambour

Shopmate website not working

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

My package arrived at Shopmate in good time and I was advised in due course but when I click on "Declare Package" nothing happens (10 days now and still an issue) and I cannot proceed to the checkout to pay for postage to Australia.
Plus it asks for a voucher code but I don't know what that is.
I called Australia Post and was [accidentally] hung up on when I was transferred to their tech support; and I've sent 2 emails with no response.
How do I move forward please?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

I've asked for our ShopMate team to follow up further.

Steph.

No thanks to Australia Post or Shopmate, I've managed to finally move my parcel along. I would still like to be contacted by the man (Nathan?) who I spoke with yesterday and who said he'd call back... read more »

melbourne

Verified Purchase

No customer service! Nobody is woking in there!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JimHuang,

I'll have someone from our ShopMate team take a look and get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Ashleigh

No customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

I have sent numerous emails to clear my high value package. I've now been told I only have a few days left of storage!

I have also called to talk to shopmate directly and told this wasn't possible. I have sent a complaint and told shopmate will sort it out in a few days. This hasnt happened.

No one from shopmate has acknowledge any of my emails and there's no way to call!

I consider myself fairly patient, but the only response I have left is escalating levels of public shaming of shopmate.

My LATEST case number is 09942195.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Joshua,

I've sent this onto our ShopMate team and will have someone get back in touch with your shortly.

Ashleigh

Thanks Australia Post, that seems to be sorted now and the person who called me was very helpful.

Australia Post Official

I'm really glad to hear!

• 1 question

Needs better processes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Edit: Okay, so my package just allocated. Admittedly, I kinda freaked out and was pretty stressed when I made this review. In total, it took 4 full days to get allocated. It should take around 7-10 days to arrive from the warehouse now. All up, not too bad. I have amended my review to 3 stars. I still stand by my recommendations, and still think 4 days is too long for a package to get allocated. At the very least they should say "allocation may take up to 4-5 days", instead of promising 1 day on the website.
Old review:
I can't believe I went
with Shopmate instead of HopShopGo, just to save a few bucks. I don't understand why there should be a delay of more than 24 hours for the package to be "allocated" after it arrives at the US Portland warehouse. Every new package should be scanned in before sorting, so customers can at least have that reassurance.
Secondly, like HSP, you should have a live chat. I recall contacting them and having someone tell me straight away my package was found. Instead they just have an email address, and who knows if that's being checked. (2 days and counting since email sent).

It's now day four and I'm pissing myself with worry, as this package is urgent. I have had no contact from Shopmate, but have read the dozens of recent negative reviews with people having similar issues of having their packages allocated in a timely manner. One lady said it hadn't been allocated in 2 weeks! Add to that 2 weeks shipping to Australia and that's a MONTH MINIMUM. Kicking myself so hard right now. Go with HSP and cough up the extra $10-20.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jayel,

I appreciate you changing your review and giving us an update!

It can be nerve wracking when things can potentially go wrong, so I completely understand.

• 2 comments
Private message

Wish I had read these reviews before using this!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Hopeless service. Package showed as delivered on Amazon tracking three days ago - despite their one to two business day turnaround, still not showing up on shopmate's system. Tried entering the amazon tracking number on the website (as suggested) - no dice. Emailed them as suggested, get an automated response. No response.

Case number 09967394

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Ozjabi,

You will receive a notification when your parcel arrives at the ShopMate US warehouse.

Have you received this yet?

Steph.

No. It shows as delivered on Amazon's tracking site on Wednesday last week though.

Australia Post Official

We may be experiencing some delays at the moment, however if you go to 'find my package' in your ShopMate account and put in your tracking number, this should move things along. Let me know if you... read more »

Private message

Item stuck without dangerous goods declaration - ShopMate won't send me one!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I received a package 15 days ago with a notification that was dangerous goods (it lacked a dangerous goods declaration). I have since contacted shopmate 2 times and AusPost 5 times to have the dangerous goods declaration sent to me but they keep telling me that I will receive a call within the next 42 hours, which I never do. Apparently shopmate also doesn't have a direct number that they can transfer you too to talk directly to them...
Completely useless... I want a direct call from the Shopmate team to not only get the declaration but to submit it and send the order!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Dan,

Pass on your case number and I'll ask our ShopMate team to give you a call :).

Hi Steph,

The enquiry number is 09680796

Australia Post Official

Someone will be in touch soon Dan.

2 of 34 pages