American Address have now been listed on many sites as an item being shipped to Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Amazon and other places now know about the Oregon Warehouse and reject order as it knows it is coming to Australia.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this.

Canberra

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Could not even set up a account

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Tried to set up a acct fail, 3 hours of telephone calls roundabouts and waiting. Still waiting for the problem to be fixed painfully slow and unnecessary

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this Alby. Were you given a case number that I could take a look at please?

Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Private message

Ordered some wine they destroyed it and could not provide proof of destruction

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

I ordered some wine and was not aware it is on their prohibited items list, and rather than letting me know or providing an alternative option for delivery they (Apparently) destroyed it. More likely someone in the U.S. is sitting back at home enjoying the $200.00 worth of wine I purchased.
They did not even have the courtesy to advise me it was being destroyed and when questioned could not provide me with proof of destruction.
Complaint made to the Ombudsman.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Angry1,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I apologise this one didn't work out how you anticipated.
If approached by the Ombudsman, we will work with them as required to resolve this one.

SYDNEY

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Absolute Joke! Can't even set up an account properly, I would never trust them to deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I set up a ShopMate account three days. Activated it immediately. Went to order an item today, then found out my account had been cancelled as, they said, I hadn't activated it yet. Called up Australia Post. Nobody, even them, can call ShopMate, so Anita sent an email and advised me that I should hear from them shortly. Two hours later I spoke with Supervisor Rhys. He checked, told me that after my earlier call the wrong information had been forwarded to the wrong department and that it could take one or two BUSINESS DAYS for ShopMate to get around to my case. As I said, no way of contacting them by phone is available, either to me or even to other Australia Post employees.

In summary, ShopMate randomly cancelled my account, nobody within Australia Post can help, and it is likely to take one or two business days for them to fix up their own mistake.

If this is how competent - or otherwise - they are even before I've used their services, I may well have had a very lucky escape!!

PLEASE CONSIDER CAREFULLY IF THIS PRODUCT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JD - Sydney,

This doesn't sound right at all. Were you given a case number I could take a look at?

For future reference, ShopMate can be contacted by phone on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Roxy

I have given a factual account of what happened and what I was told. I have not exaggerated. I was not given a case number, perhaps because I told Rhys I had no confidence in ShopMate's ability t... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

lost package, no contact etc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kelly,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having trouble with this one, please give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475.

• 2 comments
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

Goods were delivered to Shop mate - and went into a black hole.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

- Shopmate lost track of an entire shipment (due 17-20th April)
- Shopmate do not investigate lost shipments until customers lodge enquiries - even though an entire shipment had dropped off the radar for 10 days
- Whilst my goods were insured - refunds are paid in MONEY ORDER - not a refund on your card
- Repeated requests for management to call went unanswered

Costs to ship from US are actually greater than courier costs from US (with priority shipping courier)

Expensive

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Lost my shipment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Shopmate has lost my parcel containing goods worth $600, and they have no idea where it is.

Shopmate is about the worst delivery service in the world. I've never had such a bad experience as the one I've had with Shopmate. My advice if you're looking for a company to deliver a product from the USA, steer clear of Shopmate and find another supplier.

The parcel I had shipped with Shopmate has never arrived, and Shopmate has no idea where it is. I had my order from Amazon arrive at their Oregon office early April 2017 and Shopmate informed
me it would be delivered 17-20 April 2017. I payed to get it shipped, and the last Shopmate and AusPost know where it is somewhere in Canada! No one knows what it's doing in Canada. They have no idea if someone on their team stole it. And although Shopmate has lost my parcel, they have no intention of paying for my lost package even though it was in their hands and they were accountable for it.

If you are looking for a company to ship your US orders to Australia, Shopmate must just about be the worst - suggest you find someone else.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sailing Tranquilo,

This isn't good to hear. Did you have a case number with us that I can take a look at please?

Roxy, the tracking number is 00093493040001415050

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

WARNING.......THEY OVERCHARGE and NO ONE EVER RETURNS EMAIL ENQUIRIES.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

No point waiting for response from Shopmate, you get no reply.
I have no trouble with any other service from Australia Post.
It is my first and last use of Shopmate.
I'm sure I have been overcharged.
I would love it if a Manager of Shopmate would review my account.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Savage,

Apologies for the delayed response. If you're still having trouble I would recommend giving ShopMate a call on 1300 624 475.

Roxy

Can't be bothered. Their service is as bad as your very very late response. No Thankyou.

• 1 helpful vote

Parcel recieved by ELLIS Oregon, Portland

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Parcel dropped at Shopmate address and received by Ellis. Have e-mailed Aussie Post and had an action number lodged. Still waiting for the Parcel to be found! Delivered 6 days ago to their address....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Dougo,

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Let's see, it is now 24/4/2017 and ShopMate originally received my parcel to their US address on 14/2/2017.
2 weeks' ago I had been promised reimbursement for my "lost item" in the form of a cheque, still waiting...

Hopeless team in the Customer Service department, originally had the enquiry listed as 'Staff complaint' ?! It was, only until recently, that this was changed to a missing item enquiry.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi J dawg,

Sydney

• 3 comments

Verified Purchase

Volumetric weight is more than three times the actual weight

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Hi Auspost, last time this happened, Shopmate didn't bother responding to my direct enquiry until I posted on here nine days later. So this time I'm coming straight to the forum that appears to get a result (you were very helpful last time). I've had a parcel arrive in Oregon with an actual weight of 3.5kg, and a volumetric weight of 12.1kg. It is a large(ish) box, but with the known dimensions of the box, it is not possible to get to the fee that Shopmate have calculated. It also doesn't appear that there has been an attempt to repackage the i tem as per the Shopmate T&C's. I'm loath to pay the $171.70 that Shopmate want to charge me for insured shipping to Aus. For that price, I'll go back to UPS/USPS next time. I also give permission for any packing filler to be removed from around or within the bag contained in the box. Please contact me at your earliest convenience via the mobile number listed on my Shopmate profile.

Last four numbers of my APCN: 8126
AP Article ID: 00093493040001440311
cASE NUMBER: 10888023

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Heath,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. I can see we're currently looking into this one, and I've flagged it with the Shopmate team today to get back to you as soon as possible.

Roxy

Hi Roxy, Thank you for your response. This case can be closed as I ended up just paying the invoiced amount due to the urgent need to take delivery of the parcel. In the future, I will not be usin... read more »

2 of 37 pages

My item was delivered by DHL on the 15/6/17. ShopMate says it'll take 1-2 business days for me to receive an email to pay my shipping back to Australia. It's been 5 business days and I still haven't received anything. It's a birthday gift (shoes. so it's nothing dangerous) and an expensive one as well so I'm a bit worried. My ShopMate account says nothing... DHL is no longer showing me the delivery because it's already delivered. The only proof I have is from the website that I purchased the item off. I've clicked on "My Shopping" in ShopMate and it says "Your parcel will appear here within 48 hours after it arrives at our warehouse" but I have not seen anything.

phtven asked on Jun 22, 2017

I have a package which has been deem as high value, what should I do if I wish to continue using shopmate? I have already got a case number 12145396, waiting your reply.

Macin asked on Jun 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi Macin,

Looks like our ShopMate team has been in touch with you :)

Roxy

Hello friend, could you please help me check where is my this package (LP005522803HK)? It has not been moved since 5th, thank you so much.

DAISY asked on Jun 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Daisy,

Sure, Looking at the scans I can see this one has left HK on the 6th but hasn't yet been scanned into our networks for delivery. These items usually take around 10 business days to be delivered so it shouldn't be far away.

See all 65 questions about Australia Post Shopmate