• 5 helpful votes

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

I used shopmate recently to deliver something from US and couldn't have been happier with Shopemate delivery. A few friends of mine told me that they noticed bad feed back about them ( Partly the reason why I wanted to share the good experience ). I took the leap of faith and ordered something from Amazon worth around a AU$1000. The status got updated the moment it arrived in their warehouse. Dispatched perfectly and Shopmate kept me informed all the way.

Giving 4 stars because there was just one glitch. While the package was with customs,
i was requested for an invoice for the details. I sent the invoice the same day and there was a silence of 5 days from Shopmate about the status. After giving them a call, they realized that they already had it and then restarted the process again. After which everything went smoothly.

I think I can live with a little followup myself as long as i'm saving as much money as I did. Would definitely use them though there are areas of improvement.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nomi,

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, glad to hear it :)

• 2 comments

God awful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

This service is an absolute joke.. Not only do they overcharge, they cannot combine items in a single box and ship as one item. I have also had an item claimed to be either dangerous or damaged.. Which it is neither! Not only is my item sold here in Australia they are holding onto it because of what they assume it will be used for.. If you end up buying a knife and using shopmate, Watch Out! "Knifes can be used for murder so we wont ship your item".. Just because what it can be used for doesn't mean that everyone uses it that way.. I'm also hig hly disappointed in that I have actually never received a reply stating that they have gotten the request MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) information and that It has been passed onto the correct people.. Absolutely appalled with the service.. Will never use this service again after I'm finished.. Case Number; 10170616 if someone from the company actually decides to do something..

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Joel,

As I mentioned to you via private message, we have passed this on for review already and are just awaiting the results. If you haven't heard anything by later this afternoon, let me know and I'll follow up for you.

Roxy

Dear Roxy. I did not hear anything yesterday, and apparently the review process has not even started.. As I will mention below. UPDATE; I was in contact with Australia Post last week early in the m... read more »

I am still yet to hear anything from Shopmate regarding my package and having it reviewed.. It now looks like I wont be receiving my packages until next month.

• 9 comments

Frustrating and timewasting experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

Waiting to receive parcel. I needed to redirect it to another USA international parcel shipping service as shopmate do not ship perfume. Other companies do have the facility to ship perfume (which is classified as 'dangerous goods'). I gave shipmate an alternate shipping address - shopmate tells me i need to action the redirect for it to occur but i cannot perform any actions / payments on the site. parcel appears stuck. my original case had been closed. new case numbers generated every time i try to find out the status of the event. original a us post phone service was friendly and helpful but ultimately my parcel still seems to be sitting in no mans land. i used a different us parcel shipping service in the past and wish i had stayed with them. Too many calls, emails, confusion and still i seem no closer to getting my parcel sorted. wish i had read the reviews first.
Update : despite different areas attepting to help me my parcel is still stuck and apparently waiting for someone in the warehouse to update the website and please call back next week if nothing happens. Sounds legit!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi GO46,

Hmm, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you, can I have your original case number please?

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Camden

• 8 helpful votes

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

Stolen Card Details After Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

So expensive and straight after my purchase through their non secure checkout my card details were stolen!!! I am now dealing with the bank in trying to get my money back. Absolutely ridiculous you have to pay online without your details being safe. Appalling service to customers in this darn age!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Happy One Month Birthday..

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

If anything I am really disappointed by the amount of times I need to call and email with little feedback, and if there is feedback, it takes at least a week.

It took one week after receipt of my package to be processed into the shopmate system. It took close to two weeks of escalations via calls and email to have someone in shopmate respond to me to release a 'high value' package.

The package landed in Australia shortly a few days later and I had received a prompt email the day after it landed on the 2-Feb-2017 that customs is holding my
good and requested for my invoice - which I provided the same day. I expect that customs will charge me the appropriate tax and processing fees but this is very frustrating of the lack of response and considering the end to end time has been a month in the workings..

Relating to Case# 09573307, I'd like to share with everyone that AusPost customer support (through Product Review) helped to escalate and release the paperwork directly to customs themselves - a week later Customs finally cleared the product much to my joy.

I wished it didn't take as many follow ups but persistence does pay off, and a lot of patience.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi VirIIx,

I apologise for the experience you had, but I'm glad we were able to resolve it for you.

Brisbane

Do not use Shopmate - Absolutely rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

Please read the reviews. What everyone has written is true. I wish I never used them - a waste of your money.

Shopmate's communication is slow and they did not try to understand the product I asked them to send, even though the merchant sent through all requested documentation. They told me they could not send through some of my items because they were dangerous goods, so they went back to the merchant who then posted them to me within a week and the items arrived in Australia with no problems. The items Shopmate did send through arrived in
a box too large so the bottles were rolling around (no protective packaging provided) and none of the instructions or samples that are usually provided were in there. It took 3 MONTHS of discussion to get to this point.

You can only email AusPost customer service to get any help with issues, no direct responses from the overseas depot. Shopmates website is rubbish, it gives you little/no information. I will never use them again and if I could give a ZERO rating I would!!! Don't waste your time and money on this terrible service by AusPost. Shame on you AusPost, I was willing to give an Australian company a go. Total rubbish.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Ange,

It's really disappointing that this has been your experience with ShopMate. It should definitely be easier than this.

Have you received your parcel now? If you need help, let me know your case number.

Steph.

Yes I have received my parcel now and there were no problems for the courier service that the merchant used. So it clearly shows that the people at the US depot didn't know what they were doing. I... read more »

Australia Post Official

Glad to hear you've got this one now Angela.

I appreciate where you're coming from and that it wasn't the smoothest process in getting this cleared but no compensation is available in this instance.

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Do not use shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I too wish i read review before enlisting these incompetent fools. They Took 2 days each time to acknowledge email enquiry as to whats happening, then a week to actually give a useless reply with no answer. Estimate was reasonable, actual charged was 4 TIMES estimate. No phone number for Shopmate Australia or Portland Oregon only Auspost and no one there was any help. Lied about date of parcel arrival, took another week to process it, in the end I saved only $5 on DHLs price which would have been here in just 4 days; instead I'm on week 5 and counting. I am absolutely disgusted with this so called service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Geoff,

Could you let me know your case number for this? Let's get this sorted out for you.

Steph.

Hi Steph, the parcel arrived today. Inside some of the packaging inside the carton had been cut through with a boxknife. Some parts made of rubber inside have cut marks in them. This is just carele... read more »

Steph I have received a call from Simon at Auspost regarding the problems with this shipment. Good to see something is being done.

Perth

Private message

Overcharged and worst service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I wish I read the reviews before going through with shopmate! Worst customer service, never got an email back regarding my claim I made. And got charged $300+ for shipping 3 things. Being a single mum I'm now out of pocket thanks to your ridiculous shipping charges. Never will go through shopmate again and will be telling family and friends not to use it either.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kay,

This isn't good at all to hear.

Do you have a case number you can share with me?

Australia Post Official

Hi Kay, In terms of the postage charges, the items are calculated by cubic weight. If you have a look on the ShopMate website, this explains how it's calculated https://shopmate.auspost.com.au... read more »

Sydney

• 6 comments

Verified Purchase

Service - what service!.. would not suggest to use this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

The tracking form USPS says delivered 3 days ago yet it still hasn't show up in my shop-mate account, when I enter the tracking into shop-mate, it doesn't even show up what a joke. Item required for this weekend by COB Friday 3rd March 2017.. (Delivered PORTLAND, OR 97203 February 24, 2017 11:34 am. USPS Tracking Number: 9205590136271845928231. Would appreciate a speedy response.

Today is 1 March and still nothing as yet, please help

I was told it should appear in my tracking within the next 24 hours, it should have now, as it is almost n
ight time there again, if not already. I don't think my package will ever get scanned. How long does it take to scan a package? if they don't have enough staff, shouldn't they hire more???

Wow i just read someone's review and his review said "Still waiting on my package to be redirected, it has been sitting in their US warehouse for OVER SIX WEEKS with no idea when anyone will be contacting me for further instruction on how to get my parcel delivered."

I really hope mine doesn't take 6 weeks

I spoke to Australia Post this morning Customer service and the kind lady I spoke to agreed that it shouldn't take that long to scan a parcel in, she agreed that it definitely has been more than 48 hours and doesn't understand why. She has escalated this as a high priority to Shopmate, I really hope they come to the picture. It is just unfortunately I now have no sprint shoes to sprint at State championships this weekend 3-5th March and I have to go out and buy another pair until these come. Unless they scan the parcel in and manage to deliver it by Friday but I doubt it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Maria,

I have assisted via private message. I hope this arrives in time.

Steph

Don't think it will, but hoping

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Awful service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Still waiting on my package to be redirected, it has been sitting in their US warehouse for OVER SIX WEEKS with no idea when anyone will be contacting me for further instruction on how to get my parcel delivered. Their communication is unbelieveably slow and inadequate. It is infuriating that there is no phone number you can call to speak to someone. Use an alternative like shipito.com or comgateway.com. I certainly will not use Shop Mate again for anything ever again after this experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Josie,

As I requested via private message send an email through to shopmate@auspost.com.au with your details, and then let me know your case number.

Steph.

Hi Steph, I did as you requested immediately after I read your private message on the 16th of February. As you can see by my public review nothing helpful came from that email, so nothing further h... read more »

Hi Josie,

The reason I asked for your case number is so I can pass it on to the ShopMate team to have a look at and get in contact with you.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

item delivered 3 days ago, still not allocated.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

the tracking form USPS says delievered 3 days ago yet it still hasn't show up in my shopmate account, when I enter the tracking into shopmate, it doesn't even show up what a joke

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Alex, If you've attempted the "Find my Package" steps and your parcel cannot be located, please contact our ShopMate team by email and get back to me here with your case number. By following... read more »

3 of 35 pages