Perth

frustrated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

have only tried this service once and will not be using it again. Package has been posted and delivered over a week ago to the address provided to me by shopmate but has not been processed at the warehouse to be forwarded on to me in Australia. Have contacted Australia post who launched an inquiry and advised a turn around time of 24 - 48 hrs for someone would be in touch, not one did, followed up again and still no further along and no answers as to what has happened to the package. I'm giving one star is because both staff I have spoken with on the phone have been very understanding and apologetic but they work as Australia Post customer service team members so the one star is for Oz post not the shopmate service. I would advise investigating other methods of getting items to Australia if there is something that you can only buy overseas, the hassle is not worth it and the time spend trying to get it sorted is wasted. Am hoping that it's either found and delivered or am compensated the money spend on item if it has been lost. Will update post with the outcome.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey MJ,

What's your case number for this? I'll have a look into if for you and get our ShopMate team to contact you.

Steph.

Case Number 09895622, what happens if the item has been lost at the warehouse? Will I be compensated for the cost spend on the item?

Hi MJ,

I've asked our ShopMate team to contact you today about this.

Private message

Still waiting for SHOPMATE to return my item to sender -over a month now!!! TERRIBLE service - no re

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

STILL WAITING for a reply from SHOPMATE. SINCE 21/1 - I want my item shipped back to sender ASAP.
PLEASE respond to case and get this sorted out!!!!
I have rung Australia post SOOO many times to get this sorted and still NO reply from Shopmate!!
please respond and fix ASAP.
Very unprofessional service ...I want someone to respond and get this sorted!
Consignment number - C11636201024425

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Anna,

What's your case number?

case number - 09808023

there may be more than one case open as this has been going on for a month now!
please confirm ASAP that this item is sent back to Toys R us in the US and update me on the progress

regards

Australia Post Official

I've asked someone from our ShopMate team to get in touch with you today to get this sorted out.

Sydney

Verified Purchase

I'm being extorted by Shopmate who are refusing to answer my enquiry lodged on 11/02/2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Correction; the complaint will be lodged with the ombudsman on 23/02/2017 @ 10:30am when the 10 business day response time frame has elapsed. AusPost, please help resolve this issue before it needs to progress that far.

Hi Heath,

I appreciate your patience. I've forwarded this off to our ShopMate team and will have someone get in touch with you shortly. Regards.

Ashleigh

I just took a call from Rosie - she sounds like she's the helpful sort person I needed to speak to from the beginning. It's a shame however that AusPost is not willing to provide this sort of servi... read more »

melbourne

Shomate cannot care less - No customer service contact facility

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi rekoaus,

I've passed this onto a ShopMate team member who should be in touch shortly.

Lyndoch

• 5 comments
Private message

They take your money and then don't ship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

I can only second everybody telling about a terrible customer service.
I had one parcel delivered into their US warehouse, received a message accordingly, went onto the website and paid with my credit card. The credit card has been charged but the package is still in the warehouse, is still showing up as not paid and has not been shipped of course.
A call to the AusPost helpline revealed that the friendly lady had to create a formal case with ShopMate internally since there is no direct inquiry line, not even internally. I was told it may take up to 10 days to get any result.
Great, they take your money and deliver nothing. They are even unable to check your account properly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Rud,

I can appreciate how frustrating this would have been. Can you share your case number with me and I'll see if I can assist you with this?

09768386 using AusPost online contact form
09867638 on the phone

Australia Post Official

Someone will be in touch with you shortly from ShopMate.

Peregian Springs

Private message

DO NOT USE SHOPMATE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

Terrible customer service with no direct enquiry line, you are just shunted between Aust Post employees.
I had two coats delivered, one of which was a light weight summer coat. The package actual weight was 2.9 kg but Shopmate decided to charge at 7.9 kg.
The do not repackage to save on freight, they rip you off on freight charges, they constantly pressure you to pay and they have no customer service.
Use anyone else but Shopmate.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter,

Our Shipping rates and procedures can be located at http://auspo.st/1En0OlH.

If there is a case you'd like followed up, please let me know your case number.

Ashleigh

Lodged a complaint on 29/1. They did nothing.
Rang on 13/2 to complain. They did nothing.
Kept sending me emails that "it was my last chance to ship items"
NEVER EVER USE SHOPMATE

Australia Post Official

Let me know your case number if you'd like further help with this.

Private message

Explains why the CEO is earning $4.8 million.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

I purchased a jacket from the States and had it shipped to the 'reliable' AusPost Shop Mate warehouse.
FedEx had the item listed as 2.1kgs. It gets to AusPost who must have some trouble converting pounds to kilograms and they have it at 2.4kgs, they repackage it, charge me $5 to repackage, a process which is supposed to lighten your package, and it comes to 2.8kilograms. Coincidentally they charge per 500g, funny that! Rip off, last time I ever use this service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ahmed K,

We offer repackaging to reduce the volumetric size of an item as this is how we calculate the postage costs should it be greater than the actual weight.

This is stipulated at http://auspo.st/1En0OlH.

• 3 comments
Private message

Package still not delivered!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

My package was received by the warehouse on 13/2/16 and I have no received any contact from Australia post about it being received or processed and it's 17/2/16. I've contacted them and no response. I know they've received it because my merchant tracking says delivered. Really disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kristy, If you haven't already, follow the "Find My Package" tool located through your ShopMate account as this prompts our warehouse team to locate and allocate the parcel to your account. ... read more »

Hi Ashleigh, I no longer have access to emails that far back that has the case number.
In regards to the "find my package" section it asks for a tracking number. Should I put the merchant tracking number in?

Hi Kristy

That's correct, you enter your merchant number in that section.

• 3 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Shocking!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Still haven't received my packages. Out of 6 packages I've received one and not heard anything but my other 5 packages are at customs. They were delivered to Australia 7-2-17 it is now 16-2-17 and I have 5 parcels still waiting to be delivered to my address. I've rung 3 times and they can't even give me an answer. I have food in those parcels. I want a refund of some sort if they are not here by tomorrow. I received and estimated delivery time of 7th-14th Feb. I received one of the 6 parcels Wednesday the 8th February. I've had no other communication with their where abouts since Wednesday the 8th Feb.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter,

I can imagine your concern.

Could you share any case number with me? I'll get someone to follow this up.

My number is [Contact Number Removed] I want someone to ring me asap

Hi Peter,

I wouldn't recommend posting personal details such as a phone number here, as it is a public forum.

Could you let me know if you have a case number at all, from when we made contact with you?

Brisbane

Verified Purchase

Urgent item delayed, cannot get any customer service at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

I have a high value parcel that was delivered to ShopMate a week ago. 2 days later they acknowledged they received it - that's fine I expected that. But on checkout they held it up because it's worth over $1000 AUD. The only method they offer to do deal with this is to contact them via email. So I sent an email, no response, 2 days later I sent another email, and then I received a case reference number. After another 24 hours I tried to phone the number for "urgent enquiries", only to be told that someone should contact me in 48 hours.

Not good enough, the item is urgently required. Cannot believe it's just sat there for a week. Now need it sent in the quickest way possible.

Case reference number - 09771413

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Dave,

Someone from our ShopMate team will be in touch with you today.

Steph.

Hi Steph, Thank you for the reply. I received a response via email from ShopMate after only 30 mins. It is unfortunate that it seems the only way to make contact with ShopMate is to leave a nega... read more »

Perth

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I haven't receive my packing is been sitting in the warehouse since 9/2/2016 today is 15/2/2016 is been in the warehouse for 4 working days and now stuck at prohibited goods section email them 3 days ago no reply. Don't even know if I will ever get my package. Call Australia post they say is out of their hands nothing can be done I just need to wait for thier email

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Von,

Could you share your case number with me? I'll get someone from ShopMate to take a look. Thanks.

Ashleigh

My case number is 09797276. Do u need my tracking number ?

Australia Post Official

No that's fine, someone will be in touch with you today.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase

Australia Post destroyed or discarded the goods they were meant to deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi BMG, I understand this would be disappointing, however all alcoholic products or beverages cannot be shipped via the ShopMate service and will be discarded. This is clearly stated under our ... read more »

Nonsense. The ShopMate website refers to Terms and Conditions and links to Australia Post's Dangerous Goods Guide both of which show wine is not a dangerous good. Even the Shipping Restrictions pag... read more »

3 of 34 pages

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

Roxy

I have four parcels coming from Portland Oregon and I just wanted to know what would it mean if I deselected the 'Packaging included' button on all 4 orders?

Jarmmammone asked on Mar 09, 2017

Hi Jarmmammone,

I'm not too sure what you mean; do you want us to repack your orders for you? We won't send them all together as one item and there may be a fee for this.

You can contact our ShopMate customer contact centre on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support or email us at shopmate@auspost.com.au.

Roxy

Hi there, could you please the estimate date for the package RT358037197HK? Thank you very much. Daisy

daisy xu asked on Mar 09, 2017

Hi Daisy,

Article RT358037197HK arrived in Australia on the 20th but has no further scans. I would recommend the sender contact their local postal authority to raise an enquiry, and they will in turn liaise with Aus Post to determine what's happening.

For further information, you can contact us via the one of following methods with your tracking number:

- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost