• 1 helpful vote

Overcharging on shipment weight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Parcel arrived a few days before Australia Post sent a notification. The actual weight according to all documents provided from Australia Post on MyShop are stating actual weight is 3.6kg but billing me for 10kg, it is 2 nappy backpacks.... I have contacted Australia Post both by email and on the phone and have had no further assistance. The postage is almost the same as the original purchase cost.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jess,

Let me know your case number so we can follow this up.

~Xamara

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Absolute rip off and deceiving advertising!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

Bought records from 2 seperate shops in US, thought I could save on some shipping? Googled and found shopmate! As advertised on website discount when "bundling", great stuff! Proceeded to send away, they arrived on 4th and 5th of Feb, 9 days later they finally get processed (not 1-2 business days as advertised). Put one of my packages on hold and won't release it, Then the charges are explained $40 Aud per parcel!!! No bundling allowed!! Only a measly $10 discount for paying at the same time!!! Absolute rip off, twice what you pay using UPS or similar post services. Will never use again, should be taken to court for misleading advertising.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi benzainey, The website is clear on the bundling discount as it refers to bundling your cost. We used to offer consolidation for parcels but haven't for quite some time. You can check that disco... read more »

Victoria

Private message

Shopmate What a waste of time and bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I created a Shopmate account in January and decided to use this service to buy diney infinity products from ToysRUs in the USA..

Well i purchased 9 items FedEx confirmed delivery to my Portland Oregon address at the beginning of February was successful but did not show up in my shopmate account.

I sent an email to Shopmate which was handled by Australia Post..after getting case number i heard no more.

I called after 1 week and spoke to call centre regarding issue and was quite percipient in having to call every day to get some update s
o after 7 days my shopmate account started showing my products.

I have a 0.9kg parcel which contain 2 Disney infinity play-sets weighing less than 600 grams in weight...but shopmate have declare that the chargeable weight for this consignment is 16.8kg ...oversized and too big to ship..

So now i have another case number from Australia Post regarding this and i am still battling this problem with this consignment.

If it does not get resolved i will not be declaring any of my products..

Very...Very disappointed in this service...Do not use.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Lonestarship,

We definitely don't want you to not receive the awesome Disney Infinity toys. Would you be able to pass me your case numbers and we can have them looked at further.

~ Mikey

Hi Mikey, I have spoken to several of your staff members regarding this issue, my case number is 09716530. The last person i spoke to was Katerina on the 13th Feb at 5pm...she told me that i have... read more »

Australia Post Official

I've asked our ShopMate team to have a look and get in touch with you really soon.

Melbourne

• 10 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Good in theory but lacks customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I've used this service once before and currently have a number of items that I'm waiting to ship in a batch.

It does what it says....eventually. I mean the processing time for packages is highly variable but they say that's due to storms right now. I guess we'll see on that. The fact that you get some free storage time is good.

I can see how the cubic weight vs actual weight thing can throw you off but, once you're at home with that, the biggest issue becomes the customer service.

I've had a query not get replied to for weeks and no on
e can help you over the phone - they say they can't see your account. You have to email.

I've got a query in now because it looks like my package is inexplicably on hold - case 09758010. I just started the query to be honest but I'm already dreading the wait based on my last experience. The issue is holding up my entire shipment of 7 items!

I wish they'd put more customer service staff on this. Having to email and wait for an undefined amount of time is really frustrating.

While in theory it should work really well, and it does ok when you don't have to ask questions, in reality, things don't always go smoothly and you're stuck waiting for customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kishlette, I've escalated your case with the Shopmate team and completely agree with the awkwardness of getting through to that team. Hopefully in the near future we'll have some better options... read more »

Melbourne

No Service - No People?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jason,

Our ShopMate team are extremely busy, and are trying to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible.

Someone will be in touch shortly.

Steph.

Hi Steph, Was great to get a call from someone who was able to action this - within a few hours of this review - and now the changes have been made, I've paid my $350 postage and the goods are fin... read more »

Australia Post Official

I'm glad this has been resolved now Jason!

• 6 comments

Still waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

Furious! My parcel was delivered to the US Shopmate address on 17 January is when I received notice from the Courier USPS!! Now I wait further advice from Aust post! Have contacted you 3 times by email asking where is my parcel to receive a reply email
On 8 Feb 2017, at 11:36 am, "postmaster@mail.hotmail.com" <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com> wrote:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

This is a warning message only.

You do not need to resend your message.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

shopmate@austpost.com

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Leelee17,

I can see we helped you out through private message and a ShopMate team member got in touch with you. Was there anything else you needed?

Ashleigh

Ashleigh sigh!!! I was informed by Aust Post that my parcel had arrived In Aust 20 Feb and tracking says its on its way this is the ref:00093493040001298554 (part of delivery: Q8S0129855) ??? Not... read more »

Hi Leelee17,

Our ShopMate team emailed you on the 22nd February asking you to provide a copy of your Invoice in PDF or Word format detailing the contents of your package and the value.

You'll need to email back and provide this.

• 2 questions
  • 6 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Con artists please don't use.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

My package is currently held in the usa warehouse. I am disputing the charges for postage. I calculated the weight postage charges and the cubic weight and my calculations come out vastly different to theirs.

Height x weight x length divided by 6000 = the cubic weight. According to their own site. Which ever is heavier thats what you are charged. So my cubic weight is higher by a margin to the actual weight by 100grams.

So i calculated my postage to be 38.1 x 31,97 x 17.09 = 20816.59 divide that by 6000 and that equals 3.46 cubic
weight.

Its a flat $22.95 for postage from overseas. Plus $4.95 per 500g.

Assuming i round mine up to 3.5 cubic weight. There is two 500g per kilo. so 3 kilo is 500 x 6 and add that extra 500g to make total of 7 lots of 500g.

$4.95 x 7 = $34.65

$34.65 + $22.95 = $57.60 So why are they trying to charge me $102!!!

I have been sending emails and waiting for a response. I am waiting minimum 7 days in between replies. And this latest one I have not yet received a reply! The button to click on to lodge a complaint will never work, so i had to search for another avenue. I have a case number and would appreciate a reply by close of business on Monday or I will ring the postal industry ombudsman.

My case number is Australia Post - Case: 09475583
My package or consignment number is. 1011158771

This is ridiculous!!! Soon I will be paying $5 a day that my package is held in the US warehouse. If they are going to provide this service they need someone to ring or to contact the consume ASAP with questions not hold them to ransom.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Elena,

I'll have someone from our ShopMate team get back in touch with you regarding your postage fees.

• 1 question
Private message

No one works there, there's no other explanation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

I ordered a set of paints from the US, they arrived at Shopmates Warehouse and being kept there due to Dangerous/Prohibited goods.

Ok.... I try to contact them by sending an email. 4 days later not reply. Then i write another one, still... no reply.

The company is useless, they can't even respond to their only contact method. What sort of business is this?

Yeah, a lot of negative reviews. Thought that only people with negative comments come here but no, obviously the company doesn't care at all.

Really disappointed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nick,

We certainly do care! Share your case number with me and I'll get someone to follow this up for you.

• 1 helpful vote

Overcharge ovecharge overcharge.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2017

I understand weights and chargeable weights. Ebay friend sends item and tells me the dimensions and weight. Chargeable weight being just under $80aud when I agreed to buy.

Get invoice from this mob and $170.

Had the option to send via UPS for 80. I'll be doing that next time, never using these guys again.

Rip off. Stay away. No customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Josh Martin,

You can find our shipping rates for ShopMate at https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-rates/shipping-rates. This will clarify our charges.

Ashleigh

I understand your shipping rates. However I was given a completely different cubic weight by the sender than what you have charged me. Rest assured, If it arrives and it is what the sender has said... read more »

brisbane

Private message

Will never use again!!! no communication and no assistance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I placed an order with a US company, that was delivered to the Portland warehouse on the 19th January. This item is STILL not appearing in my shopmate account and I have spoken to australia post on a number of occasions. On each occasion I have had no support and just been given excuses in relation to weather, and every time been told to wait a few days to a week and it should appear. They also said they will have to send onto shopmate as they dont actually have anything to do with the service. I have also emailed shopmate with no response.
It has now been over 3 weeks and no item.
Some form of easy contact with shopmate would be so much better than going through an email or a call centre who actually have no clue about shopmate.
really disappointed and frustrated with this service and the lack or support and contact I have received. I wont be using this service ever again!!! I will be recommending to everyone I know that orders online that noone use this service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Karly,

We do have a dedicated team which unfortunately can be only contacted by email.

However If you can give me your case number, I'll do my best to get this looked at asap?

Hi Ashleigh
I have emailed them.

My case number is 09559226 which i was given from Australia Post. I also received a number from the email i sent shopmate which is 09694378.

Karly

Hey Karly,

I've asked our ShopMate team to check this out for you. Someone will be in touch shortly to help out.

Private message

Communicating with the ShopMate department is very much like talking to a brick wall.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I have had an issue with the ShopMate payment system. I am experiencing a dead link on the "confirm and pay" button, giving me a warning because I have a "High Value Item" (>$1000USD). It will not allow me to proceed any further with my payment. My high value package has been sitting in Oregon gathering dust since the 24th of January.

I have tried to contact the ShopMate team on what should be a fairly simple issue to resolve. I have had no email response whatsoever from ShopMate in almost three weeks regarding my payment, I have sent numero
us emails to ShopMate department directly using the email address provided on the ShopMate website.

I have also made numerous phone calls to AusPost customer service team. Communication between the Customer Service and ShopMate seems extremely disjointed, a customer service rep mentioned that email is the only channel of communication between them.

This service would benefit profoundly from a more reliable communication channel directly with the ShopMate team.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Alex,

Can you share your case number with me?

Ashleigh

The ShopMate team finally responded to my original email today, issue is now resolved

• 5 comments
Private message

Still waiting on call back

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Hi. i bought a gift for my friend birthday and plan everything so that the package right on time. But unfortunately, shopmate is late. No update on the parcel yet. No tracking not even received an email to say what is happening. Tried to call Australia post but helpless as they say they don't look after shopmate. Send an email on Monday and now it is thursday and still no one call. Very disappointed with Australia post. No number to call Shopmate and you can't event get in touch with them. My parcel arrived at the US warehouse since monday and they say that they take 1-2 business days to handle but now it is Thursday still nothing yet.

Very Very disappointed and frustrated with Australia post.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi T.L,

I can see we have assisted you via private message regarding this.

ShopMate will be in touch shortly.

Steph.

Do you know if that will be today? As like i said to ashleigh, the parcel is very urgent as it is for a gift. Let me know please. Thanks

Hi T.L

I can see someone was in touch with your on Friday.

4 of 34 pages