Perth

Very Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

I ordered two items from the US and opened a shopmate account with Australia Post. This is my first experience using this service and I ordered two items at the same time. Firstly, I was overchanged on shipping for the first parcel being changed for 2.5kg when the parcel was 0.7kg. Secondly the second parcel was tracked and received to the warehouse in US, which is the shopmate address, but has not been forwarded on. These items were both ordered and received at the US post around the same time and should have arrived in Australia first week of January. I reported this by email to shopmate initially and never received a response. Then I called up and was told that I should wait longer in case there was a delay on the second parcel and their guess was that the reason I was overcharged on the first parcel was because they had accidentally combined both parcels and that I should wait longer, I was satisfied with this response at the time, however, it did not come to fruition. I waited a week and a half longer before calling Shopmate again and was told that the case had been forward on and that there was nothing that they could do as it had been pushed up the chain and I would have to wait for someone to call. That was two and a half weeks ago and at this rate I feel like I will not see this package, which I had ordered for my wedding, which is now two weeks away. Apart from the emotional distress, I am out of pocket by approximately $300.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi P.R,

I'm sorry for the stress this has cause!

Could you let me know your case number? I'll get ShopMate to have a look at this for you today.

Hi Steph,

That would be great my case number is 09205965.

Australia Post Official

I've passed this on, and someone will be in touch soon.

Slow and expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Tracked delivery from seller to their US depot where it sat for over a week before I queried about the item. I got no response, but miraculously item status changed to received. Got shipping cost, they added extra to 'repack' item. Why? For someone to open my package and tape it back shut... Also, online quote estimate is ambiguous. Their quote certainly came no where close to the one I did. Would not use again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

If you have a case number you'd like me to have a look at, I'll be more than happy to check it out and pass it onto ShopMate.

Slow, expensive, Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Took 3 days instead of the stayed max of 2 to show up in the warehouse. Have now been charged 2.5kg for something that weighs .45kg - i realize this is cubic weight but the package I am getting sent contains and item the size of a phone case and another the size of a tennis ball. Queried this via email 12 days ago and still no response.
Called auspost who said it was just as easy for me to email them as it was for them.
Called auspost again - said case would be prioritized and I would hear back from the shopmate team that day.
2 days later I
call auspost again who say my case will be put through as an investigation and it could take 10 days to hear from them. I might actually care about using up my free storage days with the service but it's not like I will be ever using this service again.
Give us a phone number so we can sort this ourselves. What kind of a company has no contact number and makes us go through (virtually) a third party to sort stuff out.
I though being connected to Auspost would be a positive - i was wrong

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey c.s,

Could you let me know your case number from when you contacted us?

I'll get this looked into for you.

09493917 and also linked to 09506637
For some reason I can no longer log in to shopmate - invalid username/password and won't allow me to reset

Australia Post Official

I've asked someone from our ShopMate team to follow up on this. Someone will contact you shortly.

THANK GOD FOR SHOPMATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Have used Shopmate quite a few times. I must say I LOVE the shipping prices. What would usually cost me around $70AUD to send to Australia only cost me around $30AUD. LOVE IT. Never had any issues and very fast postage. Thank you so much!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christie J,

So great to hear. Happy shopping.

Don't use Shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

First time used Shopmate. United States Parcel service delivered to Shopmate on 13th of Jan. Got nothing from them for weeks. I phoned and emailed two separate enquiries about what had happened to my parcel. I still have not had a response from my enquiries (although the time limit they give takes about a month). So I got an email from ShopMate 2 days ago; on the 6th of Feb nearly a month since they received it. They then claimed that they received it on the 22nd of Jan which I know is untrue. But if it was true, why am I being told about this on the 6th of Feb. They say you will be told within 1 to 2 business days after they received it. It took 10 business days to be told. I was surpised by the weight off my parcel being nearly 2 kilograms. But in reading other reviews now I get it. Its measured by dimensions not actual weight, unless of course they are using some really heavy packaging. So still waiting a week or two to get it. And if everything goes right it will have taken about 5 weeks or more since I purchased the product. I made a purchase from UK and delivered by German parcel service and got it within 7 business days. Stay away from Shopmate, Australia post doesn't know what they are doing! But we all knew that anyway.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Andy,

If you would like me to follow up on your parcel or your case, let me know the tracking number and case number. Regards.

Ashleigh

Thanks Ashleigh for your email. It is now in transit to Australia, so I shouldl receive it in 5 to 8 business days. I appreciate that you have responded to my email. Its sad that your company is so... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 4 helpful votes

BEWARE

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

I ordered a package online, it arrived at Shopmate and I didnt hear anything from them for 5 days although their website states 2 days, then imagine my surprise that my article that is 0.8kg is being charged as 1.7kg from what I can assume is cubic weight. I have not seen any other forwarding company charge this way and I think it is a complete rip off so wanting to warn people to make sure they read carefully because they are happy to rip off people wherever they can. I should have read the reviews before using ShopMate but thought being Aus Post it shouldnt be too bad. Well I was wrong. Won't be using again thats for sure!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Suzy1982, Our pricing structure is thoroughly explained on our website here: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-rates/shipping-rates. It can be a shock, but we're trying to provide a service f... read more »

If you actually read my review it says make sure you read carefully, I didnt say the information wasnt there, I just said I didnt read it carefully before using the service and want others to ensur... read more »

Melbourne

• 6 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

it seems nobody works there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I Have a package that was delivered to their warehouse the 27/01/2017 by UPS.
The website says that it should take 2 days for the package to be available in the system.
7 days and still nothing, I e-mailed them, but no answers.
There is no phone number to get in contact with them to at least to know if they have the package.
very disappointing.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Eduardo Meneses, We have been experiencing some delays unfortunately. Try the "Find My Parcel" link online and this will automatically send a notification to our warehouse staff to locate you... read more »

Hello Ashleigh. Thanks for your response, my package has been lodged to the system today. Now the problem that I see is that package itself weight 1.2kg and they are charging me 10.1kg. I understa... read more »

Australia Post Official

Could you let me know your case number Eduardo?

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

5 days and still not showing as received!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I've had birthday gifts for my daughter sent to my new shop mate account and although UPS show both as being received 6 days ago it still says no shopping. When I enter tracking number I get the pop up to send an email but don't expect a call back cause I still haven't!!! I rang the urgent number and was told to wait upto 10 more working days!!! And that there was no other number to call. Am bitterly disappointed and paranoid my little girl will miss out now !!!!! I thought I would support Australian and use aust post rather than the USA businesses that do this but never again !!!! So cranky!!! What company innthis day and age don't offer a number to talk to a rep???!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sandra,

I can appreciate your concern with this.

What was your case number? I'll see if I can have someone look at this. Thanks.

Ashleigh

Hi Ashleigh I've spoken to four aust post team members now including a supervisor called Lillian. All have said all they can do is flag my case My case number is 09510635 and I would love it if ... read more »

Hi Sandra,

I can see someone from our ShopMate team contacted you today.

Package not found......

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

The package I ordered delivered to shopmate on monday but when I put in the merchant tracking number and the same thing happens. Enter->Loading->Package not found, just great. When i used ups to deliver to shopmate It clearly says delivered so I don't whats happening anymore.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Photon98,

I have your case number through your inbox and will get someone from ShopMate to contact you.

Melbourne

Terrible Service – Do Not Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

This service is downright terrible. I paid for an item to be shipped back to Australia on the 26 of December 2016, however as I am writing this statement on the 31/1/2017 I have been informed my item has yet to leave their warehouse!

Even worse, their online system is still charging me for payment despite me having the credit card bill to back it up! Absolutely pathetic! I will be escalating the case to Australian Consumer Affairs to recuperate my losses.

Shopmate has terrible customer service. After numerous calls to their support team
nothing has happened to date! All empty promises and no action - I’ve listed my interaction to date below for reference.

Case ID: 09089237

• 26/12/2016 - Credit card payment made
• 27/12/2016 – Online system still asking me to pay despite credit card being charged. Written inquiry online.
• 5/1/2017 - Call made to customer service. Spoke to “[name removed]” of customer service team, promised supervisor “[name removed]” will call back in 3 business days. After 3 business days, no call received.
• 17/1/2017 - Call made to customer service, again same promise made for supervisor “[name removed]” to call back. Nothing happens.
• 19/1/2017 - Call made to customer service, reassurance that same “[name removed]” call back and take care of case. Nothing happens.
• 31/1/2017 - Call made to customer service. “[name removed]” informs me that my item has yet to leave their warehouse!

As of today I have been charged for a service that has not been actioned.

Shopmate you are an absolute failure of a service and disgrace. Stay away.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Julian,

I'll get a ShopMate team member to get in touch with you shortly.

Ashleigh

So happy to have an Australian post option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Have used Shopmate twice and it was speedy when the parcel was sent from them. Would recommend this service for USA shopping.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cait,

I'm pleased to hear this, thanks for your review.

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

First and Last time using ShopMate!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

I bought a touch up paint pen for my car from the US and after two weeks i finally got an email saying they cannot deliver it as it contains dangerous items.

I've used a number of different parcel forwarding services before without drama and should have known better to use one affiliated with Australia Post! Never again.

Yet to hear a reply from their customer service team but the pen was very expensive (bought from Mercedes USA) and I'll be furious if I'm unable to receive my purchase.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Steph,

Let me know your case number so I can get this followed up on.

Steph.

My case number is 09526310. Yet to hear anything in response to my query so hopefully youre able to tell me whats happening!

Australia Post Official

Hi Steph, we've brought it to the attention of Shopmate and hopefully you'll have a response soon.

~ Mikey