melbourne

Verified Purchase

No customer service! Nobody is woking in there!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JimHuang,

I'll have someone from our ShopMate team take a look and get in touch with you as soon as possible.

No customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

I have sent numerous emails to clear my high value package. I've now been told I only have a few days left of storage!

I have also called to talk to shopmate directly and told this wasn't possible. I have sent a complaint and told shopmate will sort it out in a few days. This hasnt happened.

No one from shopmate has acknowledge any of my emails and there's no way to call!

I consider myself fairly patient, but the only response I have left is escalating levels of public shaming of shopmate.

My LATEST case number is 09942195.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Joshua,

I've sent this onto our ShopMate team and will have someone get back in touch with your shortly.

Ashleigh

Thanks Australia Post, that seems to be sorted now and the person who called me was very helpful.

Australia Post Official

I'm really glad to hear!

• 1 question

Needs better processes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Edit: Okay, so my package just allocated. Admittedly, I kinda freaked out and was pretty stressed when I made this review. In total, it took 4 full days to get allocated. It should take around 7-10 days to arrive from the warehouse now. All up, not too bad. I have amended my review to 3 stars. I still stand by my recommendations, and still think 4 days is too long for a package to get allocated. At the very least they should say "allocation may take up to 4-5 days", instead of promising 1 day on the website.
Old review:
I can't believe I went
with Shopmate instead of HopShopGo, just to save a few bucks. I don't understand why there should be a delay of more than 24 hours for the package to be "allocated" after it arrives at the US Portland warehouse. Every new package should be scanned in before sorting, so customers can at least have that reassurance.
Secondly, like HSP, you should have a live chat. I recall contacting them and having someone tell me straight away my package was found. Instead they just have an email address, and who knows if that's being checked. (2 days and counting since email sent).

It's now day four and I'm pissing myself with worry, as this package is urgent. I have had no contact from Shopmate, but have read the dozens of recent negative reviews with people having similar issues of having their packages allocated in a timely manner. One lady said it hadn't been allocated in 2 weeks! Add to that 2 weeks shipping to Australia and that's a MONTH MINIMUM. Kicking myself so hard right now. Go with HSP and cough up the extra $10-20.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jayel,

I appreciate you changing your review and giving us an update!

It can be nerve wracking when things can potentially go wrong, so I completely understand.

Private message

Wish I had read these reviews before using this!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Hopeless service. Package showed as delivered on Amazon tracking three days ago - despite their one to two business day turnaround, still not showing up on shopmate's system. Tried entering the amazon tracking number on the website (as suggested) - no dice. Emailed them as suggested, get an automated response. No response.

Case number 09967394

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Ozjabi,

You will receive a notification when your parcel arrives at the ShopMate US warehouse.

Have you received this yet?

Steph.

No. It shows as delivered on Amazon's tracking site on Wednesday last week though.

Australia Post Official

We may be experiencing some delays at the moment, however if you go to 'find my package' in your ShopMate account and put in your tracking number, this should move things along. Let me know if you... read more »

Private message

Item stuck without dangerous goods declaration - ShopMate won't send me one!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I received a package 15 days ago with a notification that was dangerous goods (it lacked a dangerous goods declaration). I have since contacted shopmate 2 times and AusPost 5 times to have the dangerous goods declaration sent to me but they keep telling me that I will receive a call within the next 42 hours, which I never do. Apparently shopmate also doesn't have a direct number that they can transfer you too to talk directly to them...
Completely useless... I want a direct call from the Shopmate team to not only get the declaration but to submit it and send the order!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Dan,

Pass on your case number and I'll ask our ShopMate team to give you a call :).

Hi Steph,

The enquiry number is 09680796

Australia Post Official

Someone will be in touch soon Dan.

Perth

frustrated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

have only tried this service once and will not be using it again. Package has been posted and delivered over a week ago to the address provided to me by shopmate but has not been processed at the warehouse to be forwarded on to me in Australia. Have contacted Australia post who launched an inquiry and advised a turn around time of 24 - 48 hrs for someone would be in touch, not one did, followed up again and still no further along and no answers as to what has happened to the package. I'm giving one star is because both staff I have spoken with on the phone have been very understanding and apologetic but they work as Australia Post customer service team members so the one star is for Oz post not the shopmate service. I would advise investigating other methods of getting items to Australia if there is something that you can only buy overseas, the hassle is not worth it and the time spend trying to get it sorted is wasted. Am hoping that it's either found and delivered or am compensated the money spend on item if it has been lost. Will update post with the outcome.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey MJ,

What's your case number for this? I'll have a look into if for you and get our ShopMate team to contact you.

Steph.

Case Number 09895622, what happens if the item has been lost at the warehouse? Will I be compensated for the cost spend on the item?

Hi MJ,

I've asked our ShopMate team to contact you today about this.

Private message

Still waiting for SHOPMATE to return my item to sender -over a month now!!! TERRIBLE service - no re

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

STILL WAITING for a reply from SHOPMATE. SINCE 21/1 - I want my item shipped back to sender ASAP.
PLEASE respond to case and get this sorted out!!!!
I have rung Australia post SOOO many times to get this sorted and still NO reply from Shopmate!!
please respond and fix ASAP.
Very unprofessional service ...I want someone to respond and get this sorted!
Consignment number - C11636201024425

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Anna,

What's your case number?

case number - 09808023

there may be more than one case open as this has been going on for a month now!
please confirm ASAP that this item is sent back to Toys R us in the US and update me on the progress

regards

Australia Post Official

I've asked someone from our ShopMate team to get in touch with you today to get this sorted out.

melbourne

Shomate cannot care less - No customer service contact facility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi rekoaus,

I've passed this onto a ShopMate team member who should be in touch shortly.

Lyndoch

• 5 comments
Private message

They take your money and then don't ship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

I can only second everybody telling about a terrible customer service.
I had one parcel delivered into their US warehouse, received a message accordingly, went onto the website and paid with my credit card. The credit card has been charged but the package is still in the warehouse, is still showing up as not paid and has not been shipped of course.
A call to the AusPost helpline revealed that the friendly lady had to create a formal case with ShopMate internally since there is no direct inquiry line, not even internally. I was told it may take up to 10 days to get any result.
Great, they take your money and deliver nothing. They are even unable to check your account properly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Rud,

I can appreciate how frustrating this would have been. Can you share your case number with me and I'll see if I can assist you with this?

09768386 using AusPost online contact form
09867638 on the phone

Australia Post Official

Someone will be in touch with you shortly from ShopMate.

Peregian Springs

Private message

DO NOT USE SHOPMATE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

Terrible customer service with no direct enquiry line, you are just shunted between Aust Post employees.
I had two coats delivered, one of which was a light weight summer coat. The package actual weight was 2.9 kg but Shopmate decided to charge at 7.9 kg.
The do not repackage to save on freight, they rip you off on freight charges, they constantly pressure you to pay and they have no customer service.
Use anyone else but Shopmate.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter,

Our Shipping rates and procedures can be located at http://auspo.st/1En0OlH.

If there is a case you'd like followed up, please let me know your case number.

Ashleigh

Lodged a complaint on 29/1. They did nothing.
Rang on 13/2 to complain. They did nothing.
Kept sending me emails that "it was my last chance to ship items"
NEVER EVER USE SHOPMATE

Australia Post Official

Let me know your case number if you'd like further help with this.

Private message

Explains why the CEO is earning $4.8 million.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

I purchased a jacket from the States and had it shipped to the 'reliable' AusPost Shop Mate warehouse.
FedEx had the item listed as 2.1kgs. It gets to AusPost who must have some trouble converting pounds to kilograms and they have it at 2.4kgs, they repackage it, charge me $5 to repackage, a process which is supposed to lighten your package, and it comes to 2.8kilograms. Coincidentally they charge per 500g, funny that! Rip off, last time I ever use this service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ahmed K,

We offer repackaging to reduce the volumetric size of an item as this is how we calculate the postage costs should it be greater than the actual weight.

This is stipulated at http://auspo.st/1En0OlH.

• 3 comments
Private message

Package still not delivered!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

My package was received by the warehouse on 13/2/16 and I have no received any contact from Australia post about it being received or processed and it's 17/2/16. I've contacted them and no response. I know they've received it because my merchant tracking says delivered. Really disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kristy, If you haven't already, follow the "Find My Package" tool located through your ShopMate account as this prompts our warehouse team to locate and allocate the parcel to your account. ... read more »

Hi Ashleigh, I no longer have access to emails that far back that has the case number.
In regards to the "find my package" section it asks for a tracking number. Should I put the merchant tracking number in?

Hi Kristy

That's correct, you enter your merchant number in that section.

5 of 36 pages