• 3 comments
Private message

Package still not delivered!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

My package was received by the warehouse on 13/2/16 and I have no received any contact from Australia post about it being received or processed and it's 17/2/16. I've contacted them and no response. I know they've received it because my merchant tracking says delivered. Really disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kristy, If you haven't already, follow the "Find My Package" tool located through your ShopMate account as this prompts our warehouse team to locate and allocate the parcel to your account. ... read more »

Hi Ashleigh, I no longer have access to emails that far back that has the case number.
In regards to the "find my package" section it asks for a tracking number. Should I put the merchant tracking number in?

Hi Kristy

That's correct, you enter your merchant number in that section.

• 3 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Shocking!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Still haven't received my packages. Out of 6 packages I've received one and not heard anything but my other 5 packages are at customs. They were delivered to Australia 7-2-17 it is now 16-2-17 and I have 5 parcels still waiting to be delivered to my address. I've rung 3 times and they can't even give me an answer. I have food in those parcels. I want a refund of some sort if they are not here by tomorrow. I received and estimated delivery time of 7th-14th Feb. I received one of the 6 parcels Wednesday the 8th February. I've had no other communication with their where abouts since Wednesday the 8th Feb.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter,

I can imagine your concern.

Could you share any case number with me? I'll get someone to follow this up.

My number is [Contact Number Removed] I want someone to ring me asap

Hi Peter,

I wouldn't recommend posting personal details such as a phone number here, as it is a public forum.

Could you let me know if you have a case number at all, from when we made contact with you?

Brisbane

Verified Purchase

Urgent item delayed, cannot get any customer service at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

I have a high value parcel that was delivered to ShopMate a week ago. 2 days later they acknowledged they received it - that's fine I expected that. But on checkout they held it up because it's worth over $1000 AUD. The only method they offer to do deal with this is to contact them via email. So I sent an email, no response, 2 days later I sent another email, and then I received a case reference number. After another 24 hours I tried to phone the number for "urgent enquiries", only to be told that someone should contact me in 48 hours.

Not good enough, the item is urgently required. Cannot believe it's just sat there for a week. Now need it sent in the quickest way possible.

Case reference number - 09771413

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Dave,

Someone from our ShopMate team will be in touch with you today.

Steph.

Hi Steph, Thank you for the reply. I received a response via email from ShopMate after only 30 mins. It is unfortunate that it seems the only way to make contact with ShopMate is to leave a nega... read more »

Perth

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I haven't receive my packing is been sitting in the warehouse since 9/2/2016 today is 15/2/2016 is been in the warehouse for 4 working days and now stuck at prohibited goods section email them 3 days ago no reply. Don't even know if I will ever get my package. Call Australia post they say is out of their hands nothing can be done I just need to wait for thier email

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Von,

Could you share your case number with me? I'll get someone from ShopMate to take a look. Thanks.

Ashleigh

My case number is 09797276. Do u need my tracking number ?

Australia Post Official

No that's fine, someone will be in touch with you today.

Verified Purchase

Australia Post destroyed or discarded the goods they were meant to deliver

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi BMG, I understand this would be disappointing, however all alcoholic products or beverages cannot be shipped via the ShopMate service and will be discarded. This is clearly stated under our ... read more »

Nonsense. The ShopMate website refers to Terms and Conditions and links to Australia Post's Dangerous Goods Guide both of which show wine is not a dangerous good. Even the Shipping Restrictions pag... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Overcharging on shipment weight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Parcel arrived a few days before Australia Post sent a notification. The actual weight according to all documents provided from Australia Post on MyShop are stating actual weight is 3.6kg but billing me for 10kg, it is 2 nappy backpacks.... I have contacted Australia Post both by email and on the phone and have had no further assistance. The postage is almost the same as the original purchase cost.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jess,

Let me know your case number so we can follow this up.

~Xamara

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Absolute rip off and deceiving advertising!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

Bought records from 2 seperate shops in US, thought I could save on some shipping? Googled and found shopmate! As advertised on website discount when "bundling", great stuff! Proceeded to send away, they arrived on 4th and 5th of Feb, 9 days later they finally get processed (not 1-2 business days as advertised). Put one of my packages on hold and won't release it, Then the charges are explained $40 Aud per parcel!!! No bundling allowed!! Only a measly $10 discount for paying at the same time!!! Absolute rip off, twice what you pay using UPS or similar post services. Will never use again, should be taken to court for misleading advertising.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi benzainey, The website is clear on the bundling discount as it refers to bundling your cost. We used to offer consolidation for parcels but haven't for quite some time. You can check that disco... read more »

Victoria

Private message

Shopmate What a waste of time and bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I created a Shopmate account in January and decided to use this service to buy diney infinity products from ToysRUs in the USA..

Well i purchased 9 items FedEx confirmed delivery to my Portland Oregon address at the beginning of February was successful but did not show up in my shopmate account.

I sent an email to Shopmate which was handled by Australia Post..after getting case number i heard no more.

I called after 1 week and spoke to call centre regarding issue and was quite percipient in having to call every day to get some update s
o after 7 days my shopmate account started showing my products.

I have a 0.9kg parcel which contain 2 Disney infinity play-sets weighing less than 600 grams in weight...but shopmate have declare that the chargeable weight for this consignment is 16.8kg ...oversized and too big to ship..

So now i have another case number from Australia Post regarding this and i am still battling this problem with this consignment.

If it does not get resolved i will not be declaring any of my products..

Very...Very disappointed in this service...Do not use.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Lonestarship,

We definitely don't want you to not receive the awesome Disney Infinity toys. Would you be able to pass me your case numbers and we can have them looked at further.

~ Mikey

Hi Mikey, I have spoken to several of your staff members regarding this issue, my case number is 09716530. The last person i spoke to was Katerina on the 13th Feb at 5pm...she told me that i have... read more »

Australia Post Official

I've asked our ShopMate team to have a look and get in touch with you really soon.

• 10 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Good in theory but lacks customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I've used this service once before and currently have a number of items that I'm waiting to ship in a batch.

It does what it says....eventually. I mean the processing time for packages is highly variable but they say that's due to storms right now. I guess we'll see on that. The fact that you get some free storage time is good.

I can see how the cubic weight vs actual weight thing can throw you off but, once you're at home with that, the biggest issue becomes the customer service.

I've had a query not get replied to for weeks and no on
e can help you over the phone - they say they can't see your account. You have to email.

I've got a query in now because it looks like my package is inexplicably on hold - case 09758010. I just started the query to be honest but I'm already dreading the wait based on my last experience. The issue is holding up my entire shipment of 7 items!

I wish they'd put more customer service staff on this. Having to email and wait for an undefined amount of time is really frustrating.

While in theory it should work really well, and it does ok when you don't have to ask questions, in reality, things don't always go smoothly and you're stuck waiting for customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kishlette, I've escalated your case with the Shopmate team and completely agree with the awkwardness of getting through to that team. Hopefully in the near future we'll have some better options... read more »

No Service - No People?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jason,

Our ShopMate team are extremely busy, and are trying to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible.

Someone will be in touch shortly.

Steph.

Hi Steph, Was great to get a call from someone who was able to action this - within a few hours of this review - and now the changes have been made, I've paid my $350 postage and the goods are fin... read more »

Australia Post Official

I'm glad this has been resolved now Jason!

• 6 comments

Still waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

Furious! My parcel was delivered to the US Shopmate address on 17 January is when I received notice from the Courier USPS!! Now I wait further advice from Aust post! Have contacted you 3 times by email asking where is my parcel to receive a reply email
On 8 Feb 2017, at 11:36 am, "postmaster@mail.hotmail.com" <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com> wrote:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

This is a warning message only.

You do not need to resend your message.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

shopmate@austpost.com

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Leelee17,

I can see we helped you out through private message and a ShopMate team member got in touch with you. Was there anything else you needed?

Ashleigh

Ashleigh sigh!!! I was informed by Aust Post that my parcel had arrived In Aust 20 Feb and tracking says its on its way this is the ref:00093493040001298554 (part of delivery: Q8S0129855) ??? Not... read more »

Hi Leelee17,

Our ShopMate team emailed you on the 22nd February asking you to provide a copy of your Invoice in PDF or Word format detailing the contents of your package and the value.

You'll need to email back and provide this.

• 2 questions
  • 6 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Con artists please don't use.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

My package is currently held in the usa warehouse. I am disputing the charges for postage. I calculated the weight postage charges and the cubic weight and my calculations come out vastly different to theirs.

Height x weight x length divided by 6000 = the cubic weight. According to their own site. Which ever is heavier thats what you are charged. So my cubic weight is higher by a margin to the actual weight by 100grams.

So i calculated my postage to be 38.1 x 31,97 x 17.09 = 20816.59 divide that by 6000 and that equals 3.46 cubic
weight.

Its a flat $22.95 for postage from overseas. Plus $4.95 per 500g.

Assuming i round mine up to 3.5 cubic weight. There is two 500g per kilo. so 3 kilo is 500 x 6 and add that extra 500g to make total of 7 lots of 500g.

$4.95 x 7 = $34.65

$34.65 + $22.95 = $57.60 So why are they trying to charge me $102!!!

I have been sending emails and waiting for a response. I am waiting minimum 7 days in between replies. And this latest one I have not yet received a reply! The button to click on to lodge a complaint will never work, so i had to search for another avenue. I have a case number and would appreciate a reply by close of business on Monday or I will ring the postal industry ombudsman.

My case number is Australia Post - Case: 09475583
My package or consignment number is. 1011158771

This is ridiculous!!! Soon I will be paying $5 a day that my package is held in the US warehouse. If they are going to provide this service they need someone to ring or to contact the consume ASAP with questions not hold them to ransom.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Elena,

I'll have someone from our ShopMate team get back in touch with you regarding your postage fees.

5 of 35 pages