• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Guaranteed Next Day Delivery Express Post - 5 days late and still counting...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it is my experience with Australia Post, that about 15% of my parcels are either late, damaged or lost. The most recent incident being:
Express Post "Guaranteed Next Day Delivery" item sent Tuesday 21 February 2017, from Bundaberg QLD to Canberra ACT.
It is now Sunday the 26th of February 2017, and the "Guaranteed Next Day Delivery" parcel is still sitting in Albury NSW, going nowhere since Wednesday night.

All I have received is a mouthful of arrogance and attitude from an Australia Post telephonist because I
DARED to question their nonsense advice and excuses when I asked to speak to their supervisor for clarification.

The inconvenience caused by Australia Post's flawed service seems inconsequential to their employees when you raise legitimate concerns over late, damaged, or lost items. They just say they'll investigate and get back to you within 10 days - as if that is somehow a reasonable response time when a "Guaranteed Next Day Delivery" parcel is already 5 days late. If I could have given a zero star rating I would have.

And before I get the ubiquitous sycophantic Australia Post request -"can you share a tracking number or case number" - Well yes I can - even though the duplicity on display by these Australia Post requests is truly infuriating.
Tracking: 60629255653094.
Case: 09957680.

Wantirna

Verified Purchase

What does Australia Post not understand?

Items never arrived.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

I buy items from ebay, Kogan and other online services. Since i have moved to MT Druitt Post Code 2770 , my items are not arriving regularly ,and some items never arrived. Kogan had to send me few items two times and one item 3 times before i receive them. Recently i bought items from ebay and they did not arrive at all. This is only happening since i have move to 2770.

Also often i receive items that are not addressed to us. For example our house number is 60 but have received letters for house number 40 and in one case for house number 42. Probably they don't have many people to sort the letters properly, as i see the wrong delivery regularly.

Very soon nobody will use them.

Ridiculous service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Ridiculous service! I had purchas Monday 20 February and estimated delivery was on 23 or best before and actually 24 February my package has been sit in Geelong all day and of course Saturday you don't get delivery so I have to wait until Monday 27 and that's ridiculous because I'm from Lorne and is 1 hour distance! Not happy at all

Surrey Hills

• 2 helpful votes

Cobb and Co

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Aus post is ridiculous I have received an item from China in less time than it has taken to get a parcel from Sydney to Qld . What an absolute joke couriers are the way to go , only thing that seems to arrive on time are rates and bills but they are probably sent 6 weeks early to ensure that anyway !!!

Absolutely USELESS!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Has to be the most useless postage company ever. Still waiting 2 weeks for a domestic package. Countless times have i been home and then receive a notification on my phone parcel was attempted delivery please pick up from post office....I was blood home. How about you knock!!. I wish people didn't use this useless lot.

Teneriffe, Queensland

• 1 question

Disgraceful service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I paid over $19 to fast track a parcel to my address, and me and two friends was working in the garage all day. Nobody called at my house to deliver my parcel, and there was no card in my mailbox. Instead i got a text message saying.
You have an item to collect at FOREST LAKE LPO. ID required. With an auspost link. Do not reply.
They never deliver to my address.
This is an unfair, unreliable and untrustworthy service from Auspost. So in the future i will be doing my best to use any other delivery service and bypass Auspost. It's just much to
o difficult to just drop everything when you have young kids and pick up something very important for work from the post office, so i pay extra to get it delivered. And to still have nothing delivered. Auspost is a waste of people's money.
In my workplace, if you do anything wrong. They send you to training. In return you get a better quality of service. Just putting out that idea Auspost.

Safe drop = stolen parcel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

About a year ago, Aus post decided that safe dropping out the front of my house secure. Where there is no protection from the elements or hidden from sight.

But when we rung to complain they accepted no responsibilty when the parcel was stolen and they claimed that since our hoise is a town house in an enclosed area its deemed secure. Despite 20 other homes of strangers in the same area

Worst delivery service world wide, should of gone to the postal onbudsman can only hope the company goes under.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jason,

That was a while ago, but if you have any more recent issues that you need help with, I'll be only too happy to give you a hand.

Hopefully the service has improved since :)

Steph.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Postal service was quicker 200 years ago

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

We've just received letters that were posted in the next town 20 kilometres away which took two weeks to arrive. How can anyone defend that? We pay more for stamps and we get a delivery, oh, maybe two times a week. They never deliver parcels, we only get slips in our letter box and have to drive into town and find a park and pick up our parcel from the post office which I can only do on Saturday because I work all week. And so it goes. Absolutely appalling service. I have been on this earth not much more than fifty years, but I am sure we used to get our mail rain hail or shine. Not now. ZERO stars from me, and a poo pie for good measure.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Pierre, If you jump onto auspost.com.au/help, you can lodge an enquiry about the delivery issues you've been experiencing. We can speak to the Delivery Centre and make sure they fix up this i... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Terrible!!! Worst service ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

they transfer my parcel to the wrong address then after made me waiting for 2 months they end up saying sorry but no refund! Nothing! I cost 600$ for that parcel! FML

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Huyen Phan,

Do you have a case number for this? I'll be happy to have a look at it. Whilst I may not be able to change the outcome, I'll definitely double check.

Steph.

Thanks for caring!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Just a quick thought Australia Post CEO how about delivering my Appointment letters from the Alfred Hospital before the Appointment time not after!!! 2-6 day delivery guarantee are you serious. I'm missing appointments with my cancer specialists.
Thanks for caring about your community [name removed].

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Camcam, I don't blame you for being worried about your letters arriving later than anticipated. Please note that our 2-6 business day time frame is an estimate only, and not a guarantee. I... read more »

1 of 225 pages