Sydney

Private message

Has definitely dropped in quality in the past year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

If a parcel arrived in Sydney on a Thursday, it used to reach me on the Friday because I live less than 20km from the CBD. My parcel arrived in Sydney on Sunday and I am STILL waiting for it to arrive at my local sorting facility. Took 4 days from the US and it's been sitting there for 4 days now! What happened to the quality of your service and why has it deteriorated in such a short time!?

I have lost $110 thanks to the disaster that is Australia Post

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I was sent medication by an online doctor which ended up costing $110 ($10 of that was to cover EXPRESS POST - what a joke). I have never had a problem receiving anything from this doctor in the past. Yet this medication is nowhere to be found. I cannot get my money back, because the medication has been sent and somebody obviously has to cover the cost for this medication. I honestly can't fathom how this could have happened considering someone has to sign for this medication? To top this off, I ordered an additional $136 worth in other package s (from a buyer I purchase from regularly) and again it is NOWHERE to be found. If you think this disaster is over it isn't. I have been waiting for an ID card to arrive at my house for over two months. The university who sent it has sent an additional two since the first one never showed up but guess what? I am still waiting to receive one at all. Honestly people, you are delivering mail, not performing open heart surgery (and thank god for that... ). On the plus side, you know that Australia Post is reliable in the sense that they NEVER stop letting you down.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

From throwing packages over the wall to sending back perfectly addressed packages.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

So far you have done this:

- repeatedly (over 20 times in the past year) failed to deliver when i'm home (but you did leave the card, thank you, now i'll walk 30 minutes to the "nearest post office").

- One postman of yours threw a package he deemed unbreakable over the wall of my backyard. I was standing there and it almost hit me. That is not a big deal, it was light, but hey, great training you gave him.

- Sent back a perfectly addressed package from Italy. You argue address was wrong, sender showed me photo of parcel paperwork-->p
erfect. I tell you this, you say it might have gotten damaged in the transport. Sender: i also wrote it on the box. Uncanny it could get damaged everywhere. Cherry on top: you sent it back via ship. SHIP. These are not the fifties and my package is not migrating. You want to save money? Cut the paycheck of that inept CEO of yours.

- One package is full blown missing. Containing items of irreplaceable nature. Thank you.

Your reply is always "we apologise, we are so sorry" but as soon as i ask how do you plan to make it right, you are very quick to instruct your employees to fish out your terms and conditions. Cowards. Besides, you are a private company, you are not beyond the reach of anything. If someone (one or many) would want to get a lawyer, that would be the day.

Worst postal service of the developed world and i have lived in many different countries.

p.s. i live in the centre of Sydney. not at the feet of Ayers Rock.

• 1 comment
Private message

More delivery, less spin...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Struggling to understand why a parcel addressed to South Brisbane can be delivered from Heathrow to Underwood (Brisbane suburb), then to Brisbane (destination address) but then be dispatched to Sunshine West (Victoria) on Saturday morning where, according to tracker it remains as of Thursday.... Where we can we choose suppliers who don't use suppliers that use Aus Post - its time suppliers got the message and started considering delivery part of their value chain and switched away from Aus Post to couriers whose systems work and that actually deliver!

Lost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Delivered an important pricey parcel to the wrong house. Had to go door knocking to look for it. Luckily we found it. Someone could've easily stolen it.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Stolen parcel with them refusing to help until I had to call the police

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

A very expensive pair of boots my sister sent to me from the states necessitated $130.00 in express posting with a tracking number. They have "lost" them. I spent three weeks calling everyday and being given the run around and spoken to rudely. In the end, I have called the police as it is theft and the Ombudsman. They are truly disgraceful and I NEVER want to use them again.

Private message

Pathetic! Definite drop in quality!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Been waiting for a parcel from NSW to WA for 23 days now! AusPost's speed has never been anything to write home about, but it usually didn't take more than 10. This is a new low! Please get your act together!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Just had a surgery! they ask a surgery patient to walk to another street to collect the parcel from

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

The delivery man rings our door bell, but without parcels.

He asks the house owner walk to another street to collect the parcel from the Truck!!!
And the truck is not in front of the building, it parked a street away.

My husband, who just had a surgery in the hospital 2 weeks ago and still very weak, had to walk a street away to collect the parcel by himself from the truck. He feels uncomfortable after back and told me what happened.

I just couldn't understand, if a parcel is too heavy for the delivery man and they don't want to
take it, then is MUCH MUCH HEAVY for a surgery patient. How could they do this?

Since the post office stops delivery parcels to unit/apartment last year but ask the owner to come downstairs to pick up the parcel by ourselves, the situation is GETTING WORSE now. Now they even don't delivery to the front of the building, but ask the owner to pick it up from the truck!
The management team of AUS POST has received a high salary 5 times higher than our premier minister, they ask gov funding& the taxpayer's money to support their luxury lifestyle, but don't want to spend money to employ more workers to delivery the parcel and keep a service standard??

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

No tracking updates in a week

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Why do they bother having tracking on their parcels when I haven't received any new tracking information in 6 days since my parcel arrived in NSW to be delivered in Melbourne. Also its pathetic that it should take a week to deliver a small parcel from NSW to Melbourne considering its less than a 2 hour flight.

• 5 comments
  • 68 helpful votes
Private message

Are you having trouble too?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Are you having trouble with Australia Post too? Now you can do something about it. Please lodge a complaint with the Commonwealth Ombudsman regarding the issues you are having with them. First lodge a complaint through Australia Post (very important), then go directly to the ombudsman if you are not satisfied. How will this help you? Every complaint you raise costs Australia Post a lot of money, that's how the ombudsman receives its funding. So it is in Australia Post's bests interests for complaints to be resolved in house. And they don't seem to be doing that well at the moment.
I am frustrated waiting on registered mail that is lost within the Australian Post system, or taking longer than 2 weeks to arrive interstate, and the very poor service received by them in trying to find it. Tracking numbers are totally useless when they lose my mail. All complaints I now forward to the Ombudsman to deal with. That is the only method that achieves results for me.
Don't waste your money (like I did) expecting your important mail to get from point A to B with Australia Post. I paid extra for registered post with tracking as I did not want my mail to go missing.

But it did, and I learnt the expensive way that your tracking number is useless, and the friendly staff at Australia Post offer their assistance but do nothing in trying to help.

A complete disgrace of a service. Always happy to spend 10 minutes warning others not to waste their time and money on this service. Whether it's registered or express mail, the tracking number will not stop your item from going missing.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Call centre staff are cluelss about Aus Post products and services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

I called the Aus Post inquiring about the fees for transfer of funds from a post office to Croatia on behalf of friend. The lady said it is $30,00 for $1000.00, But when my friend went Caroline Springs post office he was charged $50.00 to transfer $500.00. I called called Aus Post 131 318 and spoke to another person and explained what had happned and she checked and said the fee is only $18.00 and that we were incorreclty charged. She promised to fax this information to Carolne Springs PO and asked us to go back to get the refund of the exces s fee charged. At the PO no fax had come and the staff maintained that the fee charged was correct. I called 131 318 again and spoke to another person and she said that the fee was only $20,00 for $ 500,00. The PO staff said that this kind of mess up always happen with the call center. I then called back 131 318 and spoke to another person wanting to speak to the staff member who said that the fee was $18.00 and she was unavailable. I explained what happend to this new peron who said that this is very serious and he can help me to make a complain and he offered to speak to the manager,. I was informed that the manger will soon (the same day) speak to me to take the complain and guess what? she did not contact me.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Horror stories are more believable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

I have many examples of woeful performance by Australia Post. But I will be accurate with my most recent experience. WARNING - my tone expressed is one of numbness - I think I am suffering some kind of post traumatic stress disorder that will never be cured.

I bought an item located in Melbourne. The sender packed the item and sent it as per normal processes via an Australia Post outlet. Nothing sinister here. The parcel then starts it journey - first stop Sunshine West [insert chamber of hell]. It then passes through this facility with surp
rising haste (about 24hrs) and makes it way to Chullora NSW [insert chamber of hell 2]. After having a siesta and a few other restful interludes, the parcel then makes its way BACK to Chamber of Hell [insert Sunshine West]. Currently, I do not know if it is going back to sender or is destined for another interlude like Wingfield South Australia [insert Chamber of Hell 3 - here I refer to a separate item that managed to visit Chambers of Hell 1, 2 and 3 on a number of occasions only 2-3 weeks ago].

So what to think? Have I got a well travelled item "in transit" or a missing parcel doing the interstellar tour?

As I said, this is but one example that is currently in the process of going foul. I need not mention the items that crossed the Pacific ocean three times before making a Chamber of Hell 2 tour ....... those are other unbelievable tales of woe.

I will have to find a better more reliable service that doesn't say "We are here to help you". At this point I hope to not get the standard offering from Roxy.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes