Broke my flower vase and took my expensive Broom! BE AWARE

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

PLEASE BE AWARE! I asked Australian Lawn wholesalers, to install synthetic lawn in my backyard before Christmas which they did and the quality of work was good, but the workers who came to do synthetic lawn for my backyard at home broke one of my flower vase and they accidentally took or knowingly took, one of my most expensive outdoor and indoor broom! I have tried calling them nearly 100 times and they always found alternate options to avoid it! I am requesting once again to send my broom back in same condition and compensate for my broken flower vase! Thanks

Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

Didn't even give me a quote. Turned up for appointment to get a quote. Measured area were I wanted but then told me that he couldn't give me a quote as my wife wasn't there so he could explain to her how much work is involved in laying the grass (as if she even cares what's involved). Then told me that I wasted his time booking the appointment.
Then when I rang to complain the girl told me that she would get the manager to call me back & as you would expect he never did.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, This is certainly not our quote policy or practice. Normally we can provide a quotation on a site visit however on some occasions we do need to investigate the install and calculate off site. Y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
Private message

Bad follow up and warranty service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

Lawn service good but have had some sinking in the front and flooding in the back. Rang office in SA 5 times, 3 appointment times made to repair and not turned up or a phone call at all. Pity the after service not as good as initial sales service

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, We certainly do not want to leave this impression. With the flash and heavy storms and amount of rain in SA recently this may have caused sinking in your yard. As a standard we provide a 50-70m... read more »

We have already rang 5 times at least, all we want is the problem fixed.

I have contact you but still no reply

Does not work for Pets - Your lawn will smell like a URINAL after a few months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

We have had our lawn for about two years now and have a small dog. When we purchased the lawn we discussed at length the fact that we had a dog and the sales person said the lawn was compatible with pets. Now two years later my lawn smells like a urinal. I have contacted the company three times and they say there isn't much they can do. After doing more research i have found that reputable installers do a few things differently (drainage and different fillers) when you have a dog. Now we have spent thousands of dollars and can't open our p atio doors since the smell will waft into the house and make us gag. I have tried tons of products on the market to try to get rid of it and it won't go away. Today I have even covered the whole area with Napisan to mask the scent and hope that it will perhaps absorb a bit of the smell. I am going to have to rip it out soon and am soooo disappointed.

Not to mention that in the summer the lawn is so hot you can't step on it with bare feet because your feet will burn.

I am beyond disappointed.

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, we are disappointed you feel this way. We have installed thousands of lawns in yards with pets including a number of dog boarding kennels, one who has been a repeat customer due the performance... read more »

Great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

Thank you and great job, keeping looking at our lawn and how great it looks. Thanks to all especially the installer who were fantastic and worked really hard non stop. I just can't stop looking at it thanks again

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. We hope you enjoy it for many years ALW HEAD OFFICE

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Love our Lush Lawn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2016

Very impressed with the service and communication with Australian Lawn Wholesalers. The Lush lawn is absolutely amazing , was one of the best decisions we made. The kids love playing on it and my husband doesn't need to waste his weekends mowing lawns.
Thanks again

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, Thanks for your great feedback

Beware...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2016

Don't be in a hurry. Communication is terrible. Prices are high. Promises are lies. Workmanship is shoddy. Even their emails failed and bounced. Every time I called, the so called Production Manager had just stepped out. The product looks okay. But the stress to get that product isn't worth the effort.

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, We certainly do not want to leave this impression. We would like the opportunity to contact you and investigate your installation, however as we do hundreds of jobs a month and the anonymous na... read more »

Why would I believe you? Your emails bounced on Aug 26 and 28, Sept 9, 10, 11. Even after I told your Melbourne office in August, nothing was done about it. I'd rather let as many unsuspecting peop... read more »

I've now emailed you to let you know about final payments but once again, your info@alw.com.au bounced. Crazy, shoddy, business practices.

South Yarra

Private message

A little hick up to start with but finished product looks brilliant

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

Had a few quotes and decided to go with Australian Lawn. There product looked the best out of all the ones we looked at. The price was mid range but we loved the product we picked.

There was a few Installation problems to start with, but we managed to have the installation supervisor finish the works and job looks great.

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Expensive, coercisive and incredibly dodgy. beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, Thank you for your feedback on our quoting process, we certainly do not want to leave this impression. Due to the anonymous nature of this site we can not contact you or investigate your quote ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Extremely happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

I have recently had LUSH LAWN installed and couldn't be happier with the result. Steve H, the rep. explained everything very clearly, the installers were amazing, and the product is perfect. I have never had workmen in my home who worked so diligently together. Thank you for a job well done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Lawn Wholesalers Official

Hi, Thanks for your great feedback

SEAFORD, Melbourne, Victoria

• 2 helpful votes

CUSTOMER SERVICE APPAULING

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

Wish I'd read some of these reviews before engaging ALW! Rep Luke was fantastic, unlike Senior Management who seem to play "PASS THE BUCK" was due to have lawn installed today 9/9/2016 which was confirmed by Louis/installation Guru!!!!! on Fri prior. After 2 phone calls this afternoon when it became apparent they weren't coming General Manager Jimmy nor Louis bothered to call me back! instead I get a call from "Sub contractor"at 4.30 pm being told he & his
team were told to "make an appearance" at mine! LOL

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

What are they going to do at 4.30 pm?

Exactly!

FINALLY! had my lawn installed today after a NO SHOW on 9/9/2016 & not even an appologetic phone call on the day or day after from Senior Management for stuffing up!!! Sub contractors did a fabulou... read more »

1 of 8 pages

We had grass installed recently and the grass is below the edging. The grass blades are considerably lower and the edging is now a tripping hazard. I believe the the grass should sit higher than the edging or at least the same height. For those who have had grass installed, can you please confirm this and let me know what your grass looks like? Thanks!

CharlieB asked on Nov 19, 2015

Answer this

Mine is slightly higher than edging

Like the previous answer, my grass too is slightly higher that the edging.

Thank you. We called ALW and they are coming to inspect the installation. Hopefully they will reinstall.
Do you guys have pictures you would like to share?

What is the name of the brand of sand you used on my "santa anna" synthetic lawn?. I want to buy some so i can spread it around the edges as i have a very destructive puppy and want to make sure that the edges are held down?

peter rose asked on Oct 13, 2014

Hi Peter,
Not sure of a "brand" but I think you could try a small bag of children's sandpit sand. Like beach sand. Available at most hardware stores or kids toy shops and quite cheap.
Regards
Ralph

Will the grass fade in colour over time and what is the life expectancy of the grass before needing to replace it?

Ross96 asked on Oct 01, 2012

Answer this

We got a good warranty against fading and they had lots of testing certificates. They said it lasts 15 plus years.