Filter By:

• 13 helpful votes

Shop Location: VIC, Pakenham

ARMOUR AA IN ONE

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

Armour all in one car spray it states you can use it for any type of leather interior vinyl and dashboard and car seats and most of your vehicle DO NOT USE this as this makes your leather and most of your interior crack it is a load of crap when they say it works from cracks appearing in your car seats dashboard or anywhere when you spray this ARMOUR stuff. do not use it as this is rubbish. And it does not work it cracks everything as I've used it on my couch inside my house the section i sprayed ARMOUR on my leather couch that section is dest royed I've tested this ARMOUR stuff it is not good for any type of interior or anything at all if you don't believe me test it on your couch or something it's leather it will crack everything what you spray on I was always wondering why is my dashboard and the leather seats starting to crack it's because this garbage ARMOUR is the course of it they should be banned in this from sales on every store. As the heat gets onto the leather or dashboard or wherever it sprayed it will start cracking like it's frying on a frying pan so do not use this

melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Shop Location: VIC, Moorabbin

DISGUSTING SERVICE

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I went into the Autobarn shop at Mordialloc looking for a small hose part. They said that they didnt have it. Looked at me with a blank look that said "go away" Not interested in helping you any further!. I did, - no ask if I needed it and they could order it in etc, no nothing, be on your way. Next stop was Autobarn Echuca. Helpful but not in stock, could order it in, ( it seemed reluctantly with the words I supposed I could??) Geez!!! We were only passing through so not an option unfortuneately.

Next port of call was email service
with Autobarn. Not helpful and after going through a few departments, it ended up at reception, their answer "call a shop and order in it" This took near on 4 weeks. What the??? Winston, you need to get your act together, disgusting service, poor customer relations and too blunt for my liking. Why take 4 weeks to tell someone to go into a shop and order the part?? Does he take us for idiots??.

As with many others on this site, first and last time I will ever order, go or go near an Autobarn shop or even god forbid contact them direct. Supercheap much more helpful, as well as Repco. Go Repco!!!

All this to keep the money in the country, I could easily have bought the same part out of China for a fraction of what the shop was offering. I get that as overheads, staff etc but there is no inventive anymore. Come on China!!

Avoid this company, simple and sweet.

Shop Location: NSW, Albury

Solar System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Went into Autobarn Albury and spoke to Kris and Aaron about getting a solar system for my camping trip. They're help was outstanding and understanding what I wanted was even better they set me up with all the gear I needed. I would really like to thank the boys a lot!!

Verified Purchase Shop Location: QLD, Morayfield

Wouldn't match competitors....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Purchased a car battery on a Monday for $149, that weekend they had the huge Easter sale with 25% of car batteries. I asked if they would match competitors terms and honor me the difference, even as store credit, since purchase so close to the sale - they said no. I still had the battery and receipt as I hadn't fitted it yet, and suggested that how about I return the battery saying it was the wrong size, than just get another one at the sale price - they said they don't do refunds on car batteries, basically said too bad so sad...
Being new to the area this was first time I ever shopped in that store - there's a very high chance I won't be back.

nambucca heads NSW

Shop Location: NSW, Coffs Harbour

nothing but problems in the first 12 months Coffs harbour store Bad install n worse service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

I booked my car in to have a sony head unit, amplifier and rear speakers with angles spacers to project the sound at a better angle, they installed it but forgot to install the angled spacers altogether for the back speakers and was then told the installer had finished and i would have to bring the car back the next day which i could not do as i live an hour away etc.....and they were not very nice about it either, the manager didnt care at all, so i just wore it, thought at least its working, then a few months in the rear speakers started cutt ing in and out all the time, i had my local trusted mechanic looks at it and battery, terminals n eveything else tested was fine but it was earthing out somewhere that they couldnt find, they tried for over an hour tryin to find it for me but in the end said it would have to be totally rewired with a new install kit to get rid of the problem, spoke to auto electrician who confirmed what mechanic said and had a few horrow stories from Autobarn installations, it was such a negative experience i still have not touched or fixed it over a yr or so later, just go without as i really do not have the funds to fix it anytime soon. lesson learned avoid Autobarn coffs harbour at all costs

Shop Location: NSW, Lismore

Couldnt be happier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

Thanks to the guys at auto barn lismore...the air con stopped in my prado 3 weeks before having a baby the guy's at lismore inspected, ordered and fitted a new condenser in such a short time space, which is just what i needed with this heat. Thanks again. Would highly recommend!!! Special thanks to joel and paul!

Shop Location: NSW, Dural

Will never shop there again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

I went in to buy some oil on the Saturday however there wasn't any left and i asked them to order it in. The person told me it will arrive on Tuesday. I come back the following weekend and requested for oil however was told that no one had ordered it as "i" was the only one who orders. Individual told me that he will order it in and again it will be in on Tuesday. I come back in for the 3rd weekend in a row expecting the oil to be there however was told that the oil is no longer sold and that if i wanted 1 i would need to order 6.

Why couldn't i have been told from the start that i needed this? not 3 consecutive times to come in.

I will never shop there again and this whole situation has left me fuming and angry.

NEERIM SOUTH, VIC

• 7 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Shop Location: VIC, Warragul

Real service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

I used to go to Supercheap Auto to buy some automotive products which offer good value for money. But over the years, my experiences have changed. Their products may be cheap but there is a catch. You get "You get what you pay for" service which means not much customer service considering its an automotive retail shop where many not-so car savvy people should receive help. My last straw was when I was waiting for a staff member and a few minutes later didn't come. So less of Supercheap Auto.

So I go to Autobarn and the experience there is wh
at you call sufficient in customer service. Staff members are a good help especially that I have limitations on car knowledge but are adequate enough. I'm impressed overall.

As of Monday the 12th of December, I came across an issue of my dash cam bought from the particular store (the suction cup broke off) and an assistant kindly replaced the broken component with one in store. He'll send one back.

So to sum it up, if you're stuck on what oil to choose, what products to buy to detail your car or anything you're stuck on, I recommend Autobarn even though their products may be a bit more expensive but the service shall be worthwhile. They helped me a few years ago and always will be.

Sydbet

Shop Location: NSW, Auburn

Aurbun store very rude store manager

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

The owner of the store (male Asian appearance )is very rude and verbally violent when I complained about the touch paint color pen that they sold me incorrect color (incorrect code #). He even said to me that he will call police!! Disgraceful not only admitting his staff's mistake but insulting and abusing their own customer. This owner abused my another girl friend a few years ago. The head office manager apologized. Due to the franchise business you have to deal with individuals so you don't expect large corporate type of service.

Don't waste your time and energy - plenty of auto parts suppliers out there !!

Shop Location: NSW, Blacktown

Ordering Of Bucket Washmitts I Ordered The Bucket Washmit As they were not available i was told the

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Golf GTI 2016 Car Colour is Blue And Will Be Only Taken PART ACCs AT BLACKTOWN STORE FROM NOW ON

Melbourne

• 19 helpful votes

Shop Location: VIC, Doncaster

The service makes it an easy choice for me - Doncaster Branch is the place to go.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

I know nothing about cars so I would be an easy target to upsell to. I usually do a bit of research and think I know what I want. When I go to Autobarn, I am usually on or below my budget. The service has always been good regardless of who looks after me and they say "any questions come in or give us a call" and they actually mean it! They fit my wipers, (cheaper than the mechanic, had a media unit installed - hassle free). I have been numerous times and received the same consistent warm welcome, helpful advice and great service. Thank you Team Autobarn Doncaster.

Shop Location: VIC, Doncaster

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

I went to Doncaster autobarn today for a replacement indicator light. As someone who is completely clueless about cars, I was extremely impressed when alex offered to fit it for me - what great service!

Thanks - you made my day and saved me lots of time trying to find out how to do it on YouTube!

1 of 4 pages