Awa Full HD Reviews

poor quility Tv, from Big w and poor serves as well

reviewed on May 24, 2014

I ring Big w they said to bring the TV back because there is black line on the screen I had it for 9 months and that Awa who make the TV is no longer in business any more, the person from Big w I spoke to over the phone said that they would give me the money back so I went in and now they are saying that they have to fine out the problem and then if they can fix it and I have not TV for a weekend and maybe two weeks or more .

- had a black lines on the screen

Lost remote

reviewed on Mar 22, 2014

How do you re tune your tv if you lost you remote I have tried and so has my partner and I can not find the remote any where and have tried to fix it for days now and it's not working and I'm getting ready angry with it and I don't want to break it help please

+ Good tv but hard to work out

- Hard to work out

POOR QAULITY

reviewed on Jan 30, 2014

we puchased a 80cm tv/dvdcombo in july 2013 at BIG W in Geelong with in a few months it started playing up put a brand new disc in it was jumping, stoping making whirling noises black soild lines.BIG W refused to take responsability and also directed me to the supplier, after 3 months finally it is geeting repaired i speak.Phoned the repairer this morning, they told me it had to have parts put in, it will be ready by the end of next week.Big W fobed me off they shold have replaced the for us.What to good old fashioned customer service? $300 is alot of monet to spend when you are on a pension.I will never buy a AWA tv again. Brodie.

- everything

Bad quality tv, poor service Big W and terrible warranty AWA

reviewed on Jun 08, 2013

Purchased $600 large screen tv on layby at big W and within 9 months use, it stopped working. Big W refused to take responsibility and directed me to supplier (which apparently has 3yr warranty) I requested a replacement and was refused as the warranty is strictly REPAIR ONLY. I have been waiting 2 weeks already, 2 repair parts have arrived with the repairer but there are still more parts on order apparently and have been told a minimum of 2 more weeks poss more to wait until the repair can actually happen. I am in Perth not a rural area and in my opinion if that much is actually wrong with the tv and so long to source parts, it would serve better to simply replace it. I DO NOT trust the quality of this product and that it will stop working again down the track. Will never buy from Big W again nor ever purchase AWA brand again either. Absolute rubbish.

Purchased at: Big W

+ Did have good sound and picture until it stopped working.

- Expensive piece of rubbish. Broke within 9 months and replacement refused by company. Repairs taking weeks. Terrible warranty service.

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?
Comments

blackdog - Had my AWA HD television 5 months went crack and then
black no power no sound nothing it's dead

Bad tv

reviewed on May 01, 2013

I bought awa 32 inch tv from big w. it picture is good everything ok . But its playing up after i bought it in just 4 months. The volume goes down buy itself. For eg. If i put on 23 it comes to 0 in few seconds. The other options i cant select because they r moving too quick. This was a decent product but i donot know how it happend. I trust aussie products for their quality. But this this time it is terrible.

- It is playing up

Equal to Hisense without the cost.Have 2 Hisense.

reviewed on Nov 17, 2012

Recently bought 29inch A.W.A L.E.D from Big W. $258 great value for money. Excellent clear picture, nice clear sound. Easy set up, although I haven't connected anything to it yet. Don't really need to, as there are so many free to air channels to access. I had read some very negativ e reviews about the sound on some A.W.A T.Vs but wanted to see for myself, since A.W.A has been around for a very long time.

Purchased at: Big W

+ I like that it has such a high energy efficiency rating and the price was really fantastic.

Comments

Vicki T - Hi have just setup my new AWA 39in TV - great except I can't get channel 7 - help please, also need to find out how to watch DVD's as well, there doesn't seem to be anything in manual to tell me????

Cybermisfit - Vicki T, Reception with digital signal is dependent as with the analog system on your antenna and geographical factors. If you have your tv setup with a similar antenna to the old rabbit ears you ... read more »

Great Value for money

reviewed on Jul 25, 2012

I purchased a Big AWA TV (46inch I think) over 2 years ago and I can wholeheartedly recommend anyone purchasing the same. I have has zero issues with it. The picture quality & sound are fine. For value for money you can't go past an AWA...not to mention it's a 100% Australian owned company.

Purchased at: Big W

+ It's hasn;t missed a beat in over two years.

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

habitang - still a good tv? I'm considering buying one. Thanks!

Fantastic

reviewed on Jul 20, 2012

I recently bought a 37" AWA from BIG W back in May. So far fantastic, every thing seems to be good quality. The menu's on screen are easily too navigate and look appealing, as opposed too the cheap looking displays that some TV's have.
It was also quite cheap as I spent under 400 for such a good quality TV.
The only downside is that it doesn't have a decent TV guide which shows whats shows are on! But that's not too major.

Purchased at: Big W

+ Bargain price, good looking, great display

- No tv guide.

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?

Great TV fantastic price

reviewed on Jun 11, 2012

I bought a 32inch last year & just bought a 42inch to replace my 6 month old Panasonic brand one this size. I found AWA much better than the other brand, pic great very clear very good reception I have had no issue's what so ever with picture quality, sound etc, its easy to use for people who are not tec savy. I could not ask foe more in a TV & can't beat the price & warranty

Purchased at: Big W

• 3 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Allen70 - can I put out a warning to all that bought any TV in this brand lately heaven help you if you ever have to replace the remote control for any reason just about any universal remote won't work i kno... read more »

JL56 - I also find the remote an awkward design to hold. You could try stick on velcro or non slip mat to help control the remote. Hope this helps.

Allen70 - Doesn't work it still tilts up while pressing a button. It's not a problem any more for me at least I got rid of it and got a Sony BRAVIA 40 inch sure it's way smaller than the 46 inch Awa but at ... read more »

Had to return this for a refund.

reviewed on May 24, 2012

The sound on this was reminicent of my old portable radio.

I tried it for a couple of days, but eventually returned it to the store.

It would be ok in a kids room if they didn't expect good sound quality.

Maybe I expected too much for the price, but I have bought cheaper tvs in the past and they have been ok.

Purchased at: Big W

+ Picture ok, but not great.

- Shocking sound quality. No headphone jack to try and boost sound through speakers.

Bad

reviewed on Nov 25, 2009

This Full HD LCD From AWA is sold at a fantastic price, however, the picture quality is incredibly grainy compared to other competing manufacturers. I've also found that when watching, particularly sports like AFL, the Panel cannot handle fast moving actions, and starts to blur quite badly. I would recommend this unit for those looking to buy an extra Tv for a kids room / playroom, where the quality isn't so important and due to its great 3-year warranty.

+ Nice sized unit, Great Price, lots of available ports, 3-year warranty

- Picture Quality really leave something to be desired

• 47 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Yarra02 - I bought two awa 26" lcd dtv with built in dvd from big w. It ran for 30mins and power cuts out like it goes to sleep mode. I put up with it for a day then returned item to big w who replaced it. T... read more »

Ann 12 - I brought a 117cm lcd TV and it was great when it was working! Now we have tried to get it fixed and we are still waiting 2 and a half months later. Rang awa and still getting the run around. No on... read more »

Good

reviewed on Nov 02, 2009

A well priced LCD Full HD tv, with a good warranty period, it might not be the best quality tv on the market, but, with its size and warranty, it certainly is good value.

+ A good size LCD tv, good price, 3 year warranty, everything you need.

• 32 people found this helpful, do you?

Awa Full HD Questions

Do I have to set up the dvd because its not working?

beth asked on Oct 25, 2013

Provide an answer →
Was just wondering if its possible to buy a new remote for the AWA tv i purchased for my parents. it is about 2 years old.

katehuckel asked on Oct 10, 2013

Read 1 answer →
Just brought my elderly mum a awa 32 inch hd led LCD TV with built in DVD player I can't tune it in can some one explain how to do it do I know I am doing it probably mums antenna isn't the problem it's brand new

Ash asked on Oct 04, 2013

Provide an answer →

See all 13 questions about Awa Full HD →

Have you used Awa Full HD or want to learn more about it?

Write a review Ask a question

Brand managers

If you manage Awa products, register now and take advantage of Product Review's Brand Management Platform that allows you to submit public replies to customer questions, reviews and comments.