This product has been discontinued by Awa.

Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Great tv till it died shortly after warranty ran out.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Great tv till it died shortly after warranty ran out. I was watching it changed the channel and the screen went black you could still hear the sounds. So I turned it of for a while and back on and same deal all sound no picture. Not fun at all TVs should last for more then 3 years.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2010

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

I got it about 5 years ago. It's crap. If a plane flies over you wont get signal at all and I have to change the channel using the buttons on the TV because I lost my remote and it takes forever to change the channel using this. Plus it got crappy sometimes. I hate it.

NOT Value for money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

$400 for two years .. just fab. Have every legal right to have full refund via Fair Trade as the quality did not warrant the money spent .. Dead Screen.

No warning just refused to turn on and if you are looking for a TV another brand to miss is TCL. Harvey Norman trying to sell off 32 Inch for $369 when it isnt even Full HD but they wont tell you that till you get home and realise it wont sinc into to anything because lets face it ...everything is Full HD

Buttons Don't Respond

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2015

The buttons on the remote and on the TV itself do not respond 70% of the time which is VERY frustrating when you have to press a button about 6 times to do a single action. The buttons on the TV either do not work or do a different action to what the symbol says it does. The dvd eject button is broken also so I can't remove the current disc within.

Newcastle

• 12 answers

Got what I paid for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2015

I have 2 of these TVs bought them for my kids about 3 years ago. Great tv/dvd players also with usb connectivity for external hard drives had of dramas with them at all.. Now hoping to sell them as my kids have got a little bit older and not really using them.

• 4 comments
  • 73 answers
  • 29 helpful votes

So Far So Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2014

Brought from Big W over a year ago TV has been good no problems remote control is poor quality and needed a tape at the back to make it work. o far so good I am happy but I wish I had brought a TCL with 3 year warranty from Good Guys as it would be a better TV with same warranty. AWA is only a trade name cheap TV from China . AWA went out of business years ago.

melbourne victoria

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

poor quility Tv, from Big w and poor serves as well

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2014

I ring Big w they said to bring the TV back because there is black line on the screen I had it for 9 months and that Awa who make the TV is no longer in business any more, the person from Big w I spoke to over the phone said that they would give me the money back so I went in and now they are saying that they have to fine out the problem and then if they can fix it and I have not TV for a weekend and maybe two weeks or more .

- had a black lines on the screen

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Lost remote

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2014

How do you re tune your tv if you lost you remote I have tried and so has my partner and I can not find the remote any where and have tried to fix it for days now and it's not working and I'm getting ready angry with it and I don't want to break it help please

+ Good tv but hard to work out

- Hard to work out

POOR QAULITY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2014

we puchased a 80cm tv/dvdcombo in july 2013 at BIG W in Geelong with in a few months it started playing up put a brand new disc in it was jumping, stoping making whirling noises black soild lines.BIG W refused to take responsability and also directed me to the supplier, after 3 months finally it is geeting repaired i speak.Phoned the repairer this morning, they told me it had to have parts put in, it will be ready by the end of next week.Big W fobed me off they shold have replaced the for us.What to good old fashioned customer service? $300 is alot of monet to spend when you are on a pension.I will never buy a AWA tv again. Brodie.

- everything

• 1 helpful vote

Bad quality tv, poor service Big W and terrible warranty AWA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2013

+ Did have good sound and picture until it stopped working.

- Expensive piece of rubbish. Broke within 9 months and replacement refused by company. Repairs taking weeks. Terrible warranty service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Had my AWA HD television 5 months went crack and then
black no power no sound nothing it's dead

Bad tv

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2013

I bought awa 32 inch tv from big w. it picture is good everything ok . But its playing up after i bought it in just 4 months. The volume goes down buy itself. For eg. If i put on 23 it comes to 0 in few seconds. The other options i cant select because they r moving too quick. This was a decent product but i donot know how it happend. I trust aussie products for their quality. But this this time it is terrible.

- It is playing up

• 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Equal to Hisense without the cost.Have 2 Hisense.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2012

Recently bought 29inch A.W.A L.E.D from Big W. $258 great value for money. Excellent clear picture, nice clear sound. Easy set up, although I haven't connected anything to it yet. Don't really need to, as there are so many free to air channels to access. I had read some very negativ e reviews about the sound on some A.W.A T.Vs but wanted to see for myself, since A.W.A has been around for a very long time.

+ I like that it has such a high energy efficiency rating and the price was really fantastic.

Purchased at: Big W

Comments

Hi have just setup my new AWA 39in TV - great except I can't get channel 7 - help please, also need to find out how to watch DVD's as well, there doesn't seem to be anything in manual to tell me????

Vicki T, Reception with digital signal is dependent as with the analog system on your antenna and geographical factors. If you have your tv setup with a similar antenna to the old rabbit ears you ... read more »

1 of 2 pages

what will i do if some channel like channel 30 and its appear the invalid format.there is a sound but no picture?

robert asked on May 23, 2017

Answer this

HI can you cantact AWA phone number on web.Goodluck

My child was playing with remote pushing a lot of buttons. Now I can only get sound but no picture. Tried unplugging it and waiting but no luck???Please help

Loges asked on May 19, 2017

How do you change the source without remote have tried button on bottom of tv can get to what I need but wont change?

Graham asked on Apr 07, 2017

Answer this

You've gotta to use the volume buttons or channel buttons on the side to scroll through the sources. I know it's weird but they're pretty f'ed TVs lol.

Sorry i dont know you can buy a universal remote on Ebay for $5 or a AWA onefor $25 Good Luck

See all 63 questions about Awa Full HD