• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

EXCELLENT double pram!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

This was my third pram for two children. Have purchased a Strider Plus (too wide!) and a Strider Compact (second seat was a nightmare for the second child!).
The City Select pram is amazing! So glad i purchased it. Its the 2014 all black model. Pushed easily with one hand. Adjustable handles, so many configurations. Yes its heavy to lift (its a double pram so what else do you expect?) and can be quite long but you develop muscle tone over time. I seriously love it. Basket underneath is worth the price tag alone-so much storage for toys, jumpe
rs, groceries!
Configurations aren't that great for the two seats. Best option is to always have the toddler in the top seat (its not as heavy and easier to push). When using the bassinet, have the bassinet down the bottom facing you and the toddler in the top seat facing out. With use of the boot cover the baby is well protected. The hoods are terrible! Purchase a BUGABOO DONKEY HOOD as well as BUGABOO DONKEY RODS and CLAMPS and attach the hood to the seats. Much more room and baby is less claustrophobic :) Also using a pregnancy wedge (from target/big w) to place in the seat allows you to use the seat without the need to purchase a bassinet or a capsule.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perfect for us

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Super smooth to maneuver and so incredibly easy to assemble/open and close down. My husband and I both love this Oran for our little boy. It suits bubs of all sizes and looks great too! The quality is excellent - ours still looks brand new after much usage. We are very satisfied - great accessories for it that you can get also.

Purchased at: David Jones

Awesome pram, but....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

After doing a LOT of research on different prams (for two children) I decided to buy a City Select Baby Jogger. We were hoping to have two children, close in age, so wanted a pram that they could both travel in, comfortably. I also wanted a pram with a travel system (to take the capsule straight out of the car, and attach it to the pram).

This pram has been awesome for just the one child. It is super easy to maneuver one handed. It has a 5 point harness, and big seats. It has a huge basket underneath, which is great for nappy bag, toys, and
able to fit PLENTY of groceries in there.

The only things that I don't really like about this pram is that it IS rather heavy to lift in and out of the car (and I've only just realised this recently, since looking for a light weight side-by-side pram to take travelling overseas....which you can find under 10kg!).

Also, with 25mths between children, I didn't realise that by the time bubs was born, the 2 year old would want to walk everywhere!! (although, he does want to sit down, occasionally). With the capsule and a chair set up, it does make the basket a little awkward to access, however still plenty of room! I have since bought a 'glider board', for the toddler to use when he's too tired to walk, which he loves!

Overall, a great pram, and glad I chose this one.

Best pram ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Loved how easy this pram was to push with one hand. I had the double seat, and I could still push with one hand. Even the daycare staff thought it was the easiest pram they had ever pushed too.
If you have 2 kids, this pram is essential.
I had a problem with one of the wheels making a strange clicking noise, and baby jogger replaced it completely hassle free (under warranty).
Great brand. Can't go wrong.

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2017

Best purchase in my opinion! Absolutely love the different combinations - currently use with a Maxi Cosi capsule and sometimes the seat, love how easy it is to go between the two.

Easy to maneuver, can easily steer with one hand and super easy to fold, was my pick as it was the lightest pram that I was looking at.

Very sturdy build and know that my bubs is 100% safe!!

One and only pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

ive had my city select for 4 years used it with 2 kids. It is compact enough to throw in the boot, not too heavy, totally convertible to be useful for a newborn toddler or both a newborn and a toddler. It carries loads of shopping, and is great from shopping centres, footpath or even the beach for long walks. Strongly recommend. It's never skipped a beat.

Purchased at: Bubs Baby Shops

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Sturdy pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

I like this pram. I bought this when my bub is around 10 months and he has started using it for six months now with no issues. While it is bulky it is sturdy and steers easily without any wobbles that could wake up my bub whenever I head out with him in the mall, supermarket or at the park.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

It's a good pram

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

I LOVED my first pram which was the baby jogger city mini, which is why I got the select when expanding our family. But I do miss the mini as the select is soo heavy and annoyingly long with 2 kids (facing each other)

Pros
Kids can face each other
good sun protection
good looking pram
good break system (on the side)
Has better storage access than the city mini
can have 1 or 3 kids (with skate board and second seat)

Cons:
So heavy (most doubles are)
Having to take off second child seat and adapters when putting in car. Although that doesn't take too long
Takes up a lot of room in boot

Big flexible boat, ok on flat surfaces

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

We bought a second hand version of this pram (it's about 3-4yrs old) as we are expecting our third child (we have petite 4yo and petite 2.5yo). It's a boat compared to the Mountain Buggy Swift that we own. Great for flexibility in terms of configuration and the basket is large and can hold a good amount of shopping even with 2 kids on board. It can be a little difficult to access the basket depending on the configuration.
We like that both boys can sleep in the pram at the same time and that the seat can recline. You can't really hang things l
ike you handbag on the handle as it keeps slipping down so you need one of those little utility basket things or to purchase one of their accessories to hold your drink bottle etc unless you keep them in your basket.

With both kids on board it's not the most easy to push pram (despite what everyone else says). It has quite a large turning circle and you definitely need both hands to push. If the surface that you're pushing along is not completely flat (eg slightly angles to the left or right) then the pram tends to want to drift in the same direction of the angle and it takes a bit of effort to keep it on track. The handle is flat so trying to grip it is a little uncomfortable - especially given the amount off steering that is required.
I thought the steering issues might have been just the pram that I bought but have since tried a friend's City Select and have the same issues.

If you use the Baby Jogger City Select rain covers (the individual covers for each seat) whilst it keeps the kids dry everything in your basket gets wet as the water drips straight into the basket. You either need to get a cover for the basket there's not one that is made by Baby Jogger, or get a double pram cover (there's one you can get from kmart although it doesn't quite fit snugly) again there wasn't one that Baby Jogger made that I was able to find. Definitely a downside if you have to walk in the rain - as it does in Melbourne often.

It folds up relatively easily though and is quite compact when folded given how large it is. I had high hopes for this pram as we don't have a car and I was hoping it would be as great as everyone said it was but it fell short of my expectations.

• 1 answer
  • 22 helpful votes

Well worth the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

We bought the Baby Jogger City Select when we were expecting twins 4 years ago and we could not have been happier with it. It was expensive but its been around the world with us and can now accomodate Child no 3. it is sturdy, lightweight,easy to manouveure and adaptable and flexible enough to accomodate 3 children.

1 of 15 pages