Love the Baby K'tan!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2016

I have the K'tan and love it. For me, it was a lot easier than trying to decipher the moby; and a lot less fabric. I was ready to give up on wraps but the Baby K'tan really helped a lot! It is so much more comfortable and secure than the woven and other slings.

Ballarat

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 40 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

My favourite carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2015

After trying a few different types of carriers, this is my favourite. So much more comfortable and secure than a ring sling, simpler than woven wraps, and less daggy looking than a structured carrier.

My only regret is getting a black one for a baby who spits up a lot, lucky it's easily washed! I can comfortably wear this for hours and it's been wonderful for getting baby to sleep on days where she just wants to be held. Also very handy for running into the shops without unpacking a pram and for shops with very narrow aisles that are too awkward with a pram. Love it!

Purchased at: eBay

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Packs away to nothing and quick to put on

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2015

I'm very very glad I have this carrier but will buy another type of carrier for back carrying on bush walks.

I discovered that it stretches so regular washing helps shrink it... Or...I decided to do a quick stitch up to make it smaller instead!

Con: When my 5 week old wants to look up at me I can't go hands free as his head pops out of the fabric.
Back carrying is considered unsafe with the ktan

I bought the white breeze version for $60 on ebay. I dyed it lilac using diluted RIT purple dye and cold water (boiled water to start the dye, then cold water so I wouldn't damage the fabric). I also dyed my canvas shoes so they match :)

Baby K'Tan baby carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2013

+ double sling, soft cotton fabric, bubs falls asleep straight away, very affordable!

- Need to choose ur size carefully or you'll find yourself constantly readjusting baby as it stretching after long wear.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Can I ask if you bought the K'Tan here in Aus or online?

Hi @natalieagross, I had a K'tan breeze M size for sale. Only used once. But it isn't the right size for me. If u are interested, pls contact me on allegraw@outlook.com.

Wollongong

k'tan breeze

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2012

I love my k'tan breeze. I put my 3month in facing out to work on her neck and she is so happy in it while we walk the dogs. once she starts to get tired I turn her around and she snuggles in and falls asleep in second. The mesh part of the breeze is great for summer. Although when its hot the last thing she wants (or I want) is to be wrapped to my chest. I have been told its not that good for older babies but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

+ easy to put on and change positions while out and about. the breeze mesh part is fairly cool

- you cant wear it on really hot days, but I think thats standard for most wraps. starts to hurt my back after about 2hours (again pretty standard)

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 answer
  • 104 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2012

I love my baby ktan and would recommend to anyone. It comes in lovely stretchy cotton fabric and is comfortable for both parent and baby.

+ -Easy to use once you've done it a few times.
-A number of different ways you can carry the baby with this wrap.
-Come in great colors and some patterns, one of the slings available that is not too feminine ie a man could use.
-Very comfortable if you fan the material out right it will not hurt your shoulders for ages.

- -These are sized to the parents size meaning you and your husband would need a different wrap if there is a big size difference between the two of you. I am single so this was not an issue for me.

• 3 helpful votes

I take it everywhere

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2011

My bub knows she doesnt have to stay in the pram when i could put her on instead...and she lets me know!!! dont know why i bothered to buy a pram!

+ Easy to use, extremely convenient, bub loves it! love how many different options to wear it.

- Can get pretty uncomfortable after a while, hurts my shoulders after 2hrs or so (bub is 7months old). I have the solid fabric style and I live in a HOT climate and it ca get pretty hot and sweaty. they have made a half mesh version now and I WISH they had that one wen i bought mine, but its very cosey in winter!

Toowoomba, QLD

• 9 answers
  • 138 helpful votes
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2009

+ Once you watch the instructional videos a few times it is reasonably easy to use

- Getting a newborn into the sling can be tricky initially. The sling is also very uncomfortable and my back was very sore in all positions that I have tried.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2009

I love this carrier. It is so easy to wear and fast to put on and it does not pull on your shoulders like some other carriers I've tried. Hardly feels like I'm wearing it. I've tried most of the 8 positions and all are very easy to do and my baby loves being in it. I wear it everywhere now when I go out and don't know how I did without it.

+ - So easy to use compared to other carriers I've tried.
- No complicated wrapping, tying or buckles etc.
- Lots of wearing positions