Date Purchased: May 2017

Runs out of hot water

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

This hot water unit is a complete dud. We are a family of 5 and we can't even get 4 showers before we run out of hot water. We have new house and in the process of ripping it out and replacing it. Very disappointed as this is the biggest unit Bosch makes

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

programming

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

I agree the unit with solar panels is great. However the programming manual is not well written and unit interface not intuitive to setup, Has anyone written a simple set of instructions?
( and for some strange reason i need to write at least Fifty words. I have now do that.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

having trouble programming the system

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

The plumber installed the system and it ran fine for 3 days, now it has stuck on Auto and only heats the water to 37o. I rang for help on the 1300 number on how to re set it and couldnt get any satisfaction. We are in the country and not close to a plumber.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great system to use with PV Solar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

Very happy with this system. We used the built in settings to only operate between 10 am and 3 pm and had our electrician wire us onto general supply. As we have solar this means we are not feeding back to the grid at 7c but heating hot water first. Family has 6 showers a day and we have not run out of hot water even a bath now and then on a Sunday afternoon. 43 units of power used in one calendar month (QLD summer) the heat pump transfer really makes use of that power. Once a week the system high heats on a legionaries setting, just have to remember on that night we need to add more cold water as what comes out is quite a bit hotter.

Purchased at: eBay

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

The town house that I bought had an instant hot water system..1st quarter $350. 2nd qtr $510. 3 rd qtr 816. YIKES
Bosch 1st qtr which includes 3 weeks with the instant hot water....$206.
Everything I read about this system is true..the only negative thing I can say is that when I rang Bosch c/service for more information, the person i spoke with knew less than I did & wasn't interested in helping.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Best Hot Water Heat Pump on the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2016

A plumber recommended me the Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump and it's been fantastic due to the controller on the front of the unit it lets me see what the temp in the tank is and it's only 43db and you can program it to turn on when you want it off like at night so no noise at night at all and it's PV connectable. The Bosch Heat Pump is excellent.

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2016

We have had this unit for about 2 years now and not a single problem. We never run out of hot water and we have a family of 4, who take long showers. And our electricity bills have reduced.

My one suggestion would be that Bosch make available some sort of coupling for the exhaust air so that householders can pipe it into the house. My understanding is that the unit works by taking energy out of the air and then returning that air, a few degrees cooler, to the atmosphere. The result is that the unit produces wonderfully cool air! At present the air just cools my garden. It would be great if we could pipe that air into the house (with a shut off valve for winter, of course!). Free air conditioning!

Waste of money and always runs out of hot water

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

We bought this for a family of 4 and to date nothing but dramas , you have two showers then its no longer hot anymore or it takes so long to heat up again , company was notified and only thing they would do is go around in circles while you suffer. I heard it's compulsory to have when building new dwellings !!! If it is , ... Biggest Scam .

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Great savings to date and plenty of hot water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2016

I installed the compress 3000 outdoors in Christchurch New Zealand in November 2015. Install was handled by a plumber mate, very straightforward to plumb and wire up. Once operational we set the system to the factory setting, heat pump with backup electrical element. System took about 5 hours before we had hot water.
We are a family of four with a bath and dumper rain shower along with no dishwasher so we use a fair amount of hot water, we have constant hot water throughout the day but if we run two baths, one 15 min shower and wash the dishes
in the evening we will only have luke warm water for the rest of the evening until morning.
Running costs to date have been excellent, last power bill was $122 NZD verse $250 for the same period the year before and I expect large cost savings in winter when it can get down to -3 and the system will run at night on the cheaper night tariff.

If you are looking to purchase ensure that you place the unit at least 5m away from bedrooms/living as the running noise is reasonably high.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for taking the time to send in your in-depth review on our Heat Pump.

We hope you continue to enjoy many years of hot water!

Kind Regards,

The Bosch Hot Water & Heating Team

• 1 helpful vote

Do Not Buy This Item

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2015

I had an electric system that died so got some advice and THOUGHT that I had made a good decision. A lot of money for a [word removed] system - not a good investment. This system does not get hot. Really bad decision, never buy this system. Bad bad bad, rang Bosch to ask for help and the guy could not give a [word removed] - really great customer service not not not not not.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

I ran out of hot water. Then read the instructions!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2015

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Jim, Our team at Bosch appreciate the time you have taken to submit your review, and are happy to hear you are impressed by some of the features on our Bosch compress 3000 Heat Pump. We hope y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

A great product works like magic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

I changed from a new gas storage system best decision I made. Had it for 3 weeks and already I can see the cost of hot water just going down. I use it on the auto system in conjunction with my solar electric and therefore I have it on only during the day so it cost next to nothing to run. Take a bit of time to understand the various programmes and how they work once you understand them they are very easy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Norm,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for the Bosch Compress 3000.

We appreciate the positive feedback and hope you continue to enjoy many years of hot water!

Kind Regards,

The Bosch Hot Water & Heating Team

I think it would be seen by more people if it was placed under the heading of BOSCH HEAT PUMP 3000

Bosch Official

Hi Norm, Thank you for the suggestion! We are currently looking at updating our information to ensure our Heat Pump is found on product review in order to capture more reviews and obtain positive... read more »

HI there have just had this unit installed, also with solar roof panels. the unit keeps trying going into LEG mode every two hours any suggestions how to stop this as its costing alot in electricity.

Debbie asked on Jun 04, 2017

Answer this

I am not sure why it is doing that. I selected the day of the week for the LEG run during the set up. If you have not done so have a look at the manual it can be found here https://www.bosch-climate.com.au/trade/installation-manuals.html You can also find instructions there to specify the hours you want the unit to run. I have mine set for daily from 10 am until 3 pm to maximise use of solar power.

I agree with savydog, it sounds like you need to re program & use specific hours for operation. if still playing up, and to save time & money get in contact with Bosh & find
out who their authorized plumber is, as it sounds brand new & under warranty for 2 years.

I currently have a dux solar hot water system with a leaking tank which I need to replace. The circulation pump is fine and the water is still hot so i only need the tank is this an option for me?

Heli asked on May 03, 2017

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I'm looking at getting one of these for my new house in Melbourne but I am getting conflicting info from sales people. I want to remove Gas completely so not interested in a Solar Gas boosted system. I will be having a 5kw Solar system (north facing) in my new house but but one sales rep has told me to avoid this product as it will use up 90% of my daily energy generated in colder months from PV, so 6-8 month out of the year, He thinks conservatively it would use 10kwh to heat up if I set it between say 11am-3pm and thinks that I would generate 11-12kwh Does this sound right? Can someone tell me from experience or advise how much their system uses? My concern is he is trying to sell me to one of his other products. Thanks all.

Landy asked on Aug 29, 2016