Model: 16H Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Poor reliability

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Had this 16H since we bought house three years ago. Never sure if it will supply hot water. Had plumber come out who said he supplied a new part for $105 then couldnt get unit to go. He then suggested we get the pressure pump se4viced. As he left the yard I notice he had an old 16H gutted on the back of his ute. NEW PART, HMMM! Had service done on pressure pump still no hot water. After hefty plumbers bill and after reading comments might cut losses and get another brand.
Mike.

Model: 10H Date Purchased: Jul 2012

Five years of uninterrupted hot water

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

How can there be so many complaints from so many people?? We've had this system running flawlessly in Melbourne since July 2012. The distance from the gas meter to the Bosch unit is over 20 metres yet there's enough pressure to run a hot shower with the gas ducting heating in winter. Extremely pleased with this super reliable product and would not hesitate to recommend.

Model: 16H Date Purchased: Nov 2016

No!No!No!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

this is the worst system ever! Uses load of water before it heats up and after 6 months after more plumbing costs than the system is worth HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! So if you want to have constant misery and lots and lots of cold showers lpg BOSCH system Hydropower is for you......and DO NOT expect any help from the Bosch company !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Model: 10H Date Purchased: Jan 2012

LEMON!! Absolute rubbish product! If you like cold water this is for you! 0 stars!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

Absolute GARBAGE product! From day one it broke down & since then numerous visits from plumbers trying to fix the damn thing! Nothing but trouble! 4.5 years & we are up for a new one. $1400 for nothing but an overpriced wall hanging! Customer service was very average. Kept getting excuses of ants or insects blocking the pipes! Well I'm with the plumber now & no ants just a piece of crap! Wish i had reviewed this product sooner as there is obviously a lot of ant problems about! LEMON!!!

Model: 10H Date Purchased: Jan 2007

never starts

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

bought this for my outback property years ago and has never worked properly. it's alright when it's being used every day but if not used for several months won't ignite, takes constant switching on and off to get it started and sometimes not at all. sometimes the ignitor works sometimes it doesn't. I ended up smashing it to pieces with a hammer. The trouble is what do I buy? reviews from other brands are no better.?????

• 5 answers

Model: 16H Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Instant hot water and relief.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

This has replaced a previous Bosch Battery Driven unit. The advantage gained was when we lost mains power we were still able to have hot water and a cooking facility and no flat batteries. I recommend holding out for a unit like this and will install this in the next house I buy or build.

Perth

• 2 answers

Model: 10H Date Purchased: Apr 2012

Great Unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

I had this unit installed in 2012 and it is still going well, I find it better to turn the water off to the unit when I go away and it fires up every time, it may be getting a little tired and when it does give up, I will replace it with another one.

February 5th 2017 Update: Hydropower 10h HWS

I made an error with my previous review, I actually had it installed in 2002 and it is still going well.I believe that the later models are much more efficient.A lot of people make the mistake of trying to adjust the Hot Water with the Hot water tap, you actually adjust the cold tap.

Model: 16H Date Purchased: Jan 2013

great no problems at all

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Have found this a great hot water system
Great hotwater works everytime
No messing with power or batteries to start it .
I have had no problems with it
At all.
Would recommend it to anyone that wants good hot water anytime .
I say great product so well built .

Model: 16H Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Perfect Hot Water Unit the Bosch Hydro Power unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2017

The Bosch HydroPower 16H is an excellent Hot Water unit due to on our farm we don't have much power so with the Bosch Hot Water unit you don't need power which is amazing. These Hot Water units are amazing and quiet cheap to run as per the specs on their website and on the operation instructions.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 10H Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Dreadful engineering

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

We got this unit as a replacement hot water system for my 80+ year old mother around a year ago and it's been nothing but trouble since. In theory this is a good idea - the flow of the water ignites the flame for the instantaneous hot water. In practice, it's dreadful. Months of pouring litre after litre of fresh water down the sink dozens of times a day waiting for the water to come hot, who knows how many thousands of litres in total. It would take multiple attempts to ignite, turning the hot water taps on and off again and again. It would co me on and shortly after go back off. Multiple adjustments to the flow in the system to try to get it to run. Just awful to use.

Service calls from the installer saw little improvement, and when winter hit things just got worse, with my elderly mother at times reduced to heating water in a kettle or on the stove to wash with, just like going back her pre-hot-water childhood. Finally in August the installers came and did a major internal overhaul of the system, and said that a design fault had been found and this should rectify it.

Well the system did become more usable after this at least, but now having come by the house at Christmas I find big black carbon deposits have spewed out of the vents of the unit, up the bricks on the surrounding wall, and onto the eaves above. Who even knows what is wrong with the system to cause this, I've never seen anything like it in a natural gas system. It may even be quite dangerous to be using. So it will be another call out for the installers once they re-open after xmas, and we will undoubtedly be footing the bill for the clean up and repainting that the system has now caused.

This system is an absolute mess and I struggle to see how it's still on the market - Bosch should hang their heads in shame for selling such a product. I know they will refuse, but I will be requesting a replacement system when I call out the installers again. If you're looking to buy there's plenty of other systems on the market that have to be much better - don't let them talk you into one of these.

Model: 13H Date Purchased: Aug 2011

Never reliable...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Hello, this is the second external LPG Bosch HWS I've owned, & be the LAST! I have had nothing but trouble with the unit firing up, (yes, i tried altering water pressure, gas reg's, etc.), it is always hit or miss. When it decides to work, I only get 3-4 minutes of hot then warm & you guest it cold!. Living in the country bottled gas is the only option to 240v., sadly the cost to repair, or even call out tech., is too dear. Back to electricity unfortunately.

• 1 review
  • 4 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 16H Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Trouble Shooting

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

The valve that allows the diaphragm to open allowing gas to the main burner to flow is often blocked by grease applied during factory assembly
Follow the copper pipe from the hydrogenator to the grey housing at the front that has the flow control dial.
Pop the u clip and pull the pipe out inside the housing is a brass pipe pull this out with a pair of needle nose plyers clean the small holes and reassemble

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 19 pages

10H

How do you turn it on? Need hot water!!

Vina asked on Jun 22, 2017

16H

purchased my 16h 5 yrs ago connected to a 9kg bottle and it performed awesome. after a year it had inconsistant temp problems (hot/cold while showering) changed the lpg bottle to the next size up with a new regulator and the water became consistant but have to turn the shower mixer to the hot side to get hot enough to shower with (with cold water at a minimal setting) 5 yrs after purchasing water is now only luke warm. all plumbing/tape/fitting were new when 16h was fitted. Flame looks healthy/ consistent/ blue. pipes from shower are 2 metres from the 16h. What size should my regulator be on my gas bottle? What size should my bottle be? it performed great with a 9kg when first fittet now doesnt work good at all even with the larger bottle?

autoslave asked on May 24, 2017

Answer this

I was at my wits end ....best thing I did was find a plumber who works with lpg appliances and he has been marvelous, not only did he set the system up properly be he explained how the system works so that if there are any hiccups I can fix it!!!!

I had a fridge freezer which ran on propane gas and did not soot up, and when the bottle mix was changed to lpg it began to soot the exhaust tube.
With the 16h I have noticed that I have to move the water mixer to the hotter position over the last 7 months to get a hot shower. I suspect that the baffles inside the unit need cleaning out of soot from burning lpg gas to return the unit to the original clean standard (as much as cleaning the chimney each year.)It means taking off the covers and with a brush and/or compressed air, cleaning the baffles of the water/heater exchange unit which should only take about 30 minutes of labour. there is nothing wrong with the 16h but the quality of the gas.
Hope this helps

10H

Hi, I have a 10H on our house. Recently the hot water has gone from being really hot to lukewarm. Upon opening the unit the flame is really yellowish/orange and putting out a lot of soot. I changed both the lpg bottle, line & regulator & still remained the same. Has anybody got an idea as to why??? Thanks.

ptr asked on May 07, 2017

See all 63 questions about Bosch HydroPower

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

16H 10H 13H
Price (RRP) $920 $850 $905

The main difference between these models is flow rate