Filter By:

Insurance for pre-exisiting condition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Excellent and clear information on cover for pre-existing (bulged disc in back). Easy process after speaking with many other insurers. It did help that we had been with BUPA for some 12 years!

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad to hear you had a good experience with us and the process was straightforward.

Thank you for continuing to choose Bupa.

Have a lovely day,
Michelle

Perth

• 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Bupa Travel Insurance - CGU

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

People please do not waste your time and money taking out travel insurance with Bupa c/o CGU. Our flights got cancelled less than 24hrs before departure (Tiger Air) due to the airline not meeting certain regulations... None the less, we had to then purchase other flights and fork out for extra accomodation as this had been booked and paid for to - as we ended up leaving two days later than planned.
Contacted the insurer only to be told that this is not covered. However under their policy this type of situation is covered but then two pages lat
er on the PDS it say it is not covered, and the crux of under special conditions when it is covered is basicaaly in the event of you dying.... How ironic?

I have since spoken to the claims manger (3 days ago now) who was suppose to send me a final report so that I can take this matter further, and still nothing from them after I mentioned that I would be putting their policy on FB and every social media site I can come across.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Craig, I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had and the delay in someone coming back to you with the full report. I would like to ensure your case is followed up ASAP – to do t... read more »

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your response. I will need an email to private message those details to please?

Regards
Craig

Don't buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

Booked travel insurance for domestic travel. Agent went to jail for fraud after we had paid our deposit. We thought great we have insurance. BUT NO they wriggled and wormed their way out of paying for our lost deposit. Underwritten by CGU Insurance. Biggest waste of money save your money. Not very helpful at all. Would not go through them again. Took 6 months of fighting with them and taking it to the Odbudsman for them to wriggle out on a very hidden clause in the PDF.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi there,

I am really sorry for the negative experience you had with us, will pass on the feedback to our product team. Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Very happy with it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

We had a bag stolen in South America which was very stressful. We submitted the required information and Bupa resolved the claim within a couple of days - we were very pleased.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi KLH,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review.
Sorry to hear that your bag was stolen and glad we were able to help.

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Have a nice day,

Professional Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

I had multiple questions for the customer service representative before I purchased my travel insurance. The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful, patient, professional and explained everything to my satisfaction. My packet arrived in the mail in a just a few days, but they also sent me the info via email so I could also download the electronic packet if I so chose. I thought this was a great idea, that way I had the tangible packet as well as on my email, just in case something happened to one or the other. Luckily I didn't have to file a claim, but it really gave me peace of mind knowing that Bupa staff would have been just as quick and professional with it as they were when I made my purchase. I would highly recommend them!

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Diane,

thank you for taking the team to leave a review. We are really glad to hear you had a great experience with us.

Thank you for choosing Bupa.

Have a lovely day,
Jessie

Being Bupa heath fund member (family) we felt trust in your travel insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

Happy with easy set-up and value,as members of Bopa health cover we trusted this policy. Now my daughter just went overseas and again we got travel insurance for her and friend. Nice to receive the welcome back email. Happy customer. So far, so good. Grace.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi there,

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. Really glad to hear you are happy with our sign-up process and product value.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Best Wishes,

Killara, New South Wales

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Insurance claim made

I got back my costs when I was injured and couldn't travel.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

It was good value and easy to setup. Customer Support was pretty good however I still think you have to provide far too much medical information that is a double up. eg both specialist report, GP report and then another form.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Michelle, Sorry to hear you were unwell and hope you are feeling better now. Really appreciate your feedback, I will forward it to our claims team so we can continue to improve our produ... read more »

Easy to use, goodvalue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

BUPA Travel Insurance was easy to obtain with the benefits and limitations well explained in the policy document. Changes were easy to implement and the whole process concise and extremely good value.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Bevanian,

Thank you for leaving a feedback. Glad to hear you had a good experience with our service and product.

Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Many thanks,

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Easy To Set Up - Easy To Claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I've used Bupa travel insurance a few times now. It's very easy to set up and the rates are pretty good if you're an existing customer.
For the first time I've had to make a claim due to my travel companion falling ill. It was all handled through CGU and it was fairly painless. They were very caring and understanding throughout what can be a stressful situation. They called back after I lodged the claim with what paperwork they required. Once I emailed that through the claim was processed and payment made within a few days. Will continue to use them for travel insurance in the future.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Doug,
Thank you for choosing Bupa! Glad you enjoyed a smooth claims experience and hopefully we can continue to provide you with great service.

Have a nice day,

Back safe and sound.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Paul, Thank you very much for leaving us a review and glad to know you had a safe trip. We are sorry to hear that your claim was rejected, if you would like your claim to be reviewed, please... read more »

Would not leave home without it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

Easy to apply on line . I did not need to claim as my holiday went smoothly and no mishaps . Nice to receive an email on my return good customer service.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Barbara,

Thank you and really happy to hear that your trip went well.

Thanks for choosing Bupa.

Felt secure

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

Great value and easy to obtain. Very satisfied. We felt very confident having Bupa support. Would not be without it. The customer service was similar to previous occasions when we have obtained Bupa travel insurance.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Tony,

thank you for the lovely feedback and glad you have enjoyed our product and service.

Have a nice day!

1 of 6 pages

Happy with Bupa insurance when we travelled to Norfolk Island in Nov - Dec. Our plane was diverted to NZ on the first day. We lost a nights accommodation and 1 day hire cover. Could not claim because of the $200 excess. Can't complain as Air NZ really looked after us. What I can complain is that the day after taking TI insurance for travel to USA and Canada, I received this email saying that I could have got a further 10% discount. Can this be rectified? We have been BUPA members for years.

JeffGoldCoast asked on Jan 13, 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your question.

Apologies that you received our returning home promotion after purchasing a Bupa Travel policy for your next trip.
Can you private message me with your policy and trip details, so I can ask our travel team whether it is possible to honour the discount.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jessie

Thanks Jessie, Ido not know how to private message you though. Many thanks, - Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you - the private message option does not seem to exist within the Q&A section unfortunately.

If you could please let me know your policy number on here, we will be able to contact you to discuss honouring your the discount.

Many thanks
Michelle

Travelling from Australia to LA was fine. Travelling from LA to Mexico was ok Travelling by bus from Mexico City to Puebla was a big drama, I have registered 8 suitcases and only received 7. No one wanted to accept responsibility and didn't get any help. Sorry to say but there is so much corruption in Mexico. Called the airport and bus company and no one wanted to take any responsibility. I went to the police to document the incident. What should I do next?

Cecilia Amado Baynie asked on Dec 04, 2016

Answer this

Please ring the Travel insurance line immediately and file your case. They will tell you everything they need.

Thank you Michelle for your kind response.

Hi Cecelia, sorry to hear about your experience. If you are an existing Bupa travel insurance customer, please call our Global Emergency Assistance, our consultants will help you with your questions and other help you may need.

Within Australia: (02) 8895 0694
While Overseas: +61 2 8895 0694

Hi Bupa, your premium is much higher than others. Also, you do not list coeliac disease in your pre existing conditions. Is that because you do not consider it a condition? Is the premium higher because I listed an 'other' condition?

shiba asked on Dec 01, 2016

Hi Shiba,

Thank you for your message, I have forwarded your message to our product team and will come back to you as soon as I have a response.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Hi Shiba,

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, you would need to complete the assessment on coeliacs disease.

An assessment needs to be completed on all ongoing medical condition. If there are any complications which arise as a result of the coeliacs disease, member would not be covered unless an assessment is completed.

The premium for covering pre-existing condition may be higher depending on your pre-existing condition. I highly recommend you speak to one of our travel advisers who can discuss your travel insurance requirements and premium in more detail. Please private message me with your contact number and suitable time to call.

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

See all 17 questions about BUPA Travel Insurance