Filter By:

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

I am a suffer of MND. Disclosing this when setting up insurance did not pose a problem so I left Australia for China insured and with peace of mind. Easy to set up and great value for money.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Maso,

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

We hope you had a wonderful trip and look forward to being able to assist again in the future.

Have a lovely day.

Easy and Good Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

The policy was good value for money, covered all areas that we required for our trip, easy to set up with Bupa and the customer service officer knewcwhat she was talking about.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback - we hope you had a fantastic trip and we look forward to being able to assist you in the future.

Have a lovely day.

Didn't need to claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

The policy was easy to set up (as you would expect) but I did not have a claim which would allow for a more meaningful evaluation, therefore, I gave it 3 stars.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Glad to hear you found the process straightforward and we look forward to being able to assist you again in the future.

A must have!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

We did not need to use our travel insurance in our 3 weeks away which was wonderful. As we are a mature couple we believe it is a must have when traveling abroad.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi,

Sydney, MAROUBRA

Private message

Excellent with great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2017

I travelled to Thailand for 18 days. Bupa Travel Insurance representative explained the overall insurance for my needs, with excess explained, as most insurance do have an excess.

Thankfully I did not get sick, but my friend did, and he was covered by his own insurance which of course I forced him to take out. On the last leg of the travel, he got food poisoning in Bangkok, and had to be hospitalised.

Thank you Bupa, and I always take our travel insurance when I am travelling.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Catherine

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we're glad to hear you had a good experience with us.

Hope we can be of assistance to you again in the future.

Verified Purchase

Thankfully, No need for a claim.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

As a Bupa (previously other names), customer for over 40 years I gave 5 star rating for them as I found their staff very clear, professional, concise and taking the time to fully explain most, if not every thing in the policy. I found it excellent value for money and very easy to arrange.
AS for CGU I cannot attest to their practices regarding claims as I/We have not needed to make a claim. Will continue to use Bupa until negative experience has been had.
Thanks Bupa at the very least.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Bert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad to hear you had a good experience with our team.

Thank you for continuing to choose Bupa, and I hope we are able to help again in the future.

• 1 comment

It is a Scammer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

I bought a travel insurance for traveling overseas Jan 2017. The insurance policy was covering different things including Overseas Dental with $200 excess, I had an emergency situation with too much pain and had to fix it just to avoid pain to come back Australia, I claimed and they said we only pay for accidents or in some situation like someone punch in your face !!! why someone should punch in my face and I need to insure myself for punch? Í travelled almost 40 countries for wildlife photography which most of them are dangerous and never someone punched me. What do you mean?

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Hashem, I’m very sorry to hear about your experience and understand it must be disappointing not being able to claim your dental expense. Our overseas dental cover is designed to cover whe... read more »

You need to explain it while customers call you to buy an insurance OR explain it clearly on the policy you send to customers, Its the reason people call this behaviour: SCAM

BUPA Official

Hi Hashem, We appreciate your feedback. It is disappointing that we have been unable to meet your expectations on this occasion as the policy does have limitations and is only designed to cove... read more »

Insurance for pre-exisiting condition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Excellent and clear information on cover for pre-existing (bulged disc in back). Easy process after speaking with many other insurers. It did help that we had been with BUPA for some 12 years!

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad to hear you had a good experience with us and the process was straightforward.

Thank you for continuing to choose Bupa.

Perth

• 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Bupa Travel Insurance - CGU

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

People please do not waste your time and money taking out travel insurance with Bupa c/o CGU. Our flights got cancelled less than 24hrs before departure (Tiger Air) due to the airline not meeting certain regulations... None the less, we had to then purchase other flights and fork out for extra accomodation as this had been booked and paid for to - as we ended up leaving two days later than planned.
Contacted the insurer only to be told that this is not covered. However under their policy this type of situation is covered but then two pages lat
er on the PDS it say it is not covered, and the crux of under special conditions when it is covered is basicaaly in the event of you dying.... How ironic?

I have since spoken to the claims manger (3 days ago now) who was suppose to send me a final report so that I can take this matter further, and still nothing from them after I mentioned that I would be putting their policy on FB and every social media site I can come across.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Craig, I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had and the delay in someone coming back to you with the full report. I would like to ensure your case is followed up ASAP – to do t... read more »

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your response. I will need an email to private message those details to please?

Regards
Craig

Don't buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

Booked travel insurance for domestic travel. Agent went to jail for fraud after we had paid our deposit. We thought great we have insurance. BUT NO they wriggled and wormed their way out of paying for our lost deposit. Underwritten by CGU Insurance. Biggest waste of money save your money. Not very helpful at all. Would not go through them again. Took 6 months of fighting with them and taking it to the Odbudsman for them to wriggle out on a very hidden clause in the PDF.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi there,

I am really sorry for the negative experience you had with us, will pass on the feedback to our product team. Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Very happy with it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

We had a bag stolen in South America which was very stressful. We submitted the required information and Bupa resolved the claim within a couple of days - we were very pleased.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi KLH,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review.
Sorry to hear that your bag was stolen and glad we were able to help.

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Have a nice day,

Professional Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

I had multiple questions for the customer service representative before I purchased my travel insurance. The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful, patient, professional and explained everything to my satisfaction. My packet arrived in the mail in a just a few days, but they also sent me the info via email so I could also download the electronic packet if I so chose. I thought this was a great idea, that way I had the tangible packet as well as on my email, just in case something happened to one or the other. Luckily I didn't have to file a claim, but it really gave me peace of mind knowing that Bupa staff would have been just as quick and professional with it as they were when I made my purchase. I would highly recommend them!

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Diane,

thank you for taking the team to leave a review. We are really glad to hear you had a great experience with us.

Thank you for choosing Bupa.

1 of 6 pages

Happy with Bupa insurance when we travelled to Norfolk Island in Nov - Dec. Our plane was diverted to NZ on the first day. We lost a nights accommodation and 1 day hire cover. Could not claim because of the $200 excess. Can't complain as Air NZ really looked after us. What I can complain is that the day after taking TI insurance for travel to USA and Canada, I received this email saying that I could have got a further 10% discount. Can this be rectified? We have been BUPA members for years.

JeffGoldCoast asked on Jan 13, 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your question.

Apologies that you received our returning home promotion after purchasing a Bupa Travel policy for your next trip.
Can you private message me with your policy and trip details, so I can ask our travel team whether it is possible to honour the discount.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jessie

Thanks Jessie, Ido not know how to private message you though. Many thanks, - Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you - the private message option does not seem to exist within the Q&A section unfortunately.

If you could please let me know your policy number on here, we will be able to contact you to discuss honouring your the discount.

Michelle

Travelling from Australia to LA was fine. Travelling from LA to Mexico was ok Travelling by bus from Mexico City to Puebla was a big drama, I have registered 8 suitcases and only received 7. No one wanted to accept responsibility and didn't get any help. Sorry to say but there is so much corruption in Mexico. Called the airport and bus company and no one wanted to take any responsibility. I went to the police to document the incident. What should I do next?

Cecilia Amado Baynie asked on Dec 04, 2016

Answer this

Please ring the Travel insurance line immediately and file your case. They will tell you everything they need.

Thank you Michelle for your kind response.

Hi Cecelia, sorry to hear about your experience. If you are an existing Bupa travel insurance customer, please call our Global Emergency Assistance, our consultants will help you with your questions and other help you may need.

Within Australia: (02) 8895 0694
While Overseas: +61 2 8895 0694

Hi Bupa, your premium is much higher than others. Also, you do not list coeliac disease in your pre existing conditions. Is that because you do not consider it a condition? Is the premium higher because I listed an 'other' condition?

shiba asked on Dec 01, 2016

Hi Shiba,

Thank you for your message, I have forwarded your message to our product team and will come back to you as soon as I have a response.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Hi Shiba,

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, you would need to complete the assessment on coeliacs disease.

An assessment needs to be completed on all ongoing medical condition. If there are any complications which arise as a result of the coeliacs disease, member would not be covered unless an assessment is completed.

The premium for covering pre-existing condition may be higher depending on your pre-existing condition. I highly recommend you speak to one of our travel advisers who can discuss your travel insurance requirements and premium in more detail. Please private message me with your contact number and suitable time to call.

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

See all 17 questions about BUPA Travel Insurance