Review rating:

Couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Excellent service, clean and awesome repairs!
I couldn't fault this work or the professionalism of this company. I got a clear understanding on what was happening to my vehicle.

Autoelectrical problem as a result of the repair.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Capital Smart repaired my car recently. However, as aoon as I picked it up there was an auto-electric problem when I put the keyin the ignition. Their auto-electrician checked it twice and has now concluded it is my problem and I need to pay to get this fixed. The workshop admitted my battery went flat during the repair.
Poor form for not taking responsibility and returning my car with a fault that I now need to fix.

Car delivered without any quality check.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I left my car to SMART CAPITAL for rear bumper replacement by AAMI. The car was delivered without nay quality check. While parking I find parking assist sensor is not working. Then I need to take the car again to them to fix it.. For this small job their quality check and workmanship is quite questionable.

Dont go to capital smart

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

This has been so frustrating a week after my car was fix the dints went back in has been a nightmare waiting for ammi to look at the car . Bad work over spray on my censors . Crap they haven't even taken the car apart .

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Very Poor Workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

I have all insurances through AAMI. In Feb 2017 may BMW 530i was hit by 2 kangaroos near Bungendore, causing a small amount of panel damage to front right bumper and headlight, and left rear bumper with a couple of small dents. AAMI sent me to Capital SMART in Queanbeyan, which I questioned as being quality repairers.The repairs took only 3 days, which I know is not sufficient time for some panel repairs and a good paint job. When I went to collect my car, there was a large amount of overspray across the rear bumper and boot that 2 attempts to correct did not fix the problems. I arrived home to was the car that had a large amount of dust over it from the workshop, and discovered that the paintwork was of poor quality with an orange peel look, and there were ripples in the panel where small dents were removed. I then noticed that the paintwork was not colour matched so I had a car that is Oxford Green Metallic, with pastel green rear and front bumpers and half the rear bumper in 2 tone. The front bumper had not been secured properly, and the new headlight had not been at all aligned ( pointing to the left of the road at night).
I am now dealing with AAMI to have the issues fixed, however it will be another 7 days before AMMI has an assessor look at the repairs.
DON'T GO TO CAPITAL SMART

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

DO NOT GO THERE !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

Took my car to capital smart Banyo staff were nice enough but the workmanship was terrible. 3 times it went back and they could not get it right.bumper different colour primer left in door well chips in brand new genuine bumper. just no care or attention paid to me or my 3 month old car. Suncorp have been fantastic the assessor agreed the the workman ship is dodgy and sending-me elsewhere.

Dodgy Brothers - Capital S.M.A.R.T Banyo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

INSURANCE CLAIM NIGHTMARE. Supposedly repaired through Suncorp by these tools. Our car was initially rear ended - Have had an assessor come and to look at their dodgy work and was told you won't get better than that!!! If that is the best Suncorp can offer...we will be going elsewhere!!! This is how Capital S.M.A.R.T operate: Broken plastic interior boot lining put back on car - had to take back again for refit - another 45 minute drive. After the second time, still with no clips to attach to boot lining, we told them not to bother. Broken numb er plate protectors not replaced. Apparently they only do panel work... Not good enough...made to replace them straight away!!! Interior LED light stolen (yes stolen) and rubber shin guard on tow hitch that was shredded in accident (as you could imagine, going through a radiator) - we now have to source and purchase ourselves, as they apparently don't deal in aftermarket items... and then get reimbursed by Suncorp. How long will that take??? Repaired panels not aligned at all. Assessor said they will try and adjust them. Captial S.M.A.R.T said they will not fix them at all. Car not rebadged - had to ask for badge to be put back on. Paint runs on panel work, not to mention the new scratches everywhere (oh that were just wear and tear on the car apparently!!!) These guys are absolutely hopeless... Do not use them...Ask for someone else!!!

Avoid, car repairs poor quality with flat battery!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

Car came back with a totally dead battery and they wouldn't take responsibility even though it was dropped off in perfect working order. Car was filthy on return. Your better of having a damaged car than going to smart repairs.

Avoid no matter what insurance recommends

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

Do not use this company they are of poor quality and customer service. Had car taken to them in murrarie branch audi q7 2016 and not only was repair not of same colour but they took car for joy ride 2km and know one can say why/where/who. When i got car back full of dust and no cleaning and leather seats with dusty tshirt marks. Look at photos
aami use and recommend but we are extremely disappointed and manager a low life and when caught in corner passes the buck to "call aami".

• 4 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

AVOID Capital SMART car repair!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

My car is new and no scratches when they took my car. I'm certain there are no scratches since car is new and I still check paint before and after I drive.

I went to CAPITAL SMART in SILVERWATER branch to replace the rear bumper. When I picked up my car, it has few scratches on both sides. One scratch is about 4 inches long, another is 3 inches and the others are smaller but visible. I complained but they insisted it wasn't them. They said they took a video before repair however small scratched will not be visible in video.

Avoid but if you still going there, make sure you check your car and take video or pictures before repair! They are dishonest.

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!! Never going back there again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Beware of CapitalSmart Smash Repairers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

If I could rate them with zero stars I would, the job they did on my vehicle was absolutely disgraceful. Firstly though, it must be stated that APIA neglected to inform me, despite my queries, that CapitaSmart is owned by Suncorp which happens to also own APIA insurance, so that's the first part of their rort they never inform their customers that their 'approved repairer' may be their own repair shop in your area called CapitalSmart. The second part of the rort is that they obviously are motivated to keep costs down to a minimum hence quick an d very bad quality repairs. My vehicle was an 8 month old vehicle at the time of repair, in pristine condition except for a dint and scratch on the back rear panel caused by a child on a push bike. Not only were the repairs undertaken on the damaged panel utterly disgraceful but they also caused damage to another 4 panels on my vehicle. The repair required would have required minimum panel beating but nope that would have been too time consuming for CapitalSmart because they would have needed to remove parts to do that, instead they used bog to fill out the dint and taped over everything to spray paint. As a result of their shoddy workmanship the repaired panel has shrinkage where it was filled, paint runs, multiple dirt inclusions, over-spray everywhere, etc. (the list is too big to go on, seriously!) To add insult to injury they accidentally spilled paint on the driver's door and passenger door, then tried to scrape it off and buff it out which resulted in them over buffing and burning the paint. They then topped it all off by buffing the hell out of the entire driver's side and rear of the vehicle in an attempt to blend their dodgy paintwork and cover up their accident and they ended up scratching all the paintwork and damaging all the black trims and rubbers (including passenger window and rear window) along the driver's side and the back bumper and boot. End result, the repair work has to be redone and half my car re-painted, back passenger & rear window replaced, all black trims and rubbers, rear bumper replaced, etc. To ad insult to injury, despite accepting the damage they caused APIA are now refusing to approve repairs at MY preferred repairer despite negligently damaging my brand new car and are insisting I go to one of their repairers. Will now resort to suing them for negligent damage to my property and breaching their duty of care. What struck me is the blatant disregard for my property, and even after admitting to all the damage they act like I owe them to make sure the car is repaired as cheaply as possible, they only care about the bottom dollar, despite years of paying them for policies I never claimed on. Never again, I will never accept CapitalSmart as a repairer, it's a rort given they're owned by the insurance company themselves, as an independent expert assessor pointed out to me: 'they've got monkeys working in their panel shops, I wouldn't let them repair a tin can for me let alone my car'. Consider yourselves warned. Apparently they have a return rate of over 30% on their repairs (remember, that's the people that actually notice or care about their car repairs). Soon as I'm done with all this I'm pulling out all my policies, seems APIA is notoriously bad like this despite their warm & fuzzy commercials. Criminals is all I can say, all they care about is their annual 1.4 plus billion profit for their shareholders, screw the customer. The fact that CapitalSmart and APIA are owned by the same company is a blatant conflict of interest and they know it, that's why they never admit to it, even when pressed, where is their obligation to disclose this conflict to customers?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes