Run your car for free!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

As an owner I couldn't be happier. I was contemplating selling my car as I didn't use it every day and the cost to register, insure and run it was pretty significant. My car is regularly booked but not so much that I don't have access. I have kept track of every dollar earned and spent via Car Next Door and after 9 months I had covered ALL expenses: registration, insurance, roadside-assistance, petrol, services, cleaning and tolls. Now I have my car to use whenever I need it, but other people are helping me pay for the running of it. It's a WIN for everyone!

Super easy to use!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

I have listed my car with Car Next Door. The whole process was very straight forward. I may now use the platform when i need to borrow a vehicle different to my own because of how easy the platform is to use.

It actually worked perfect!!! No glitches :-)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

The process was so simple and easy to follow. Booked, used and returned, all without a problem.
Thank you guys for a great service!
Definitely worth it and well priced.

Efficient and quick support when needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

For a quick roadie, I've accidentally made a 3-days booking considering the end time for 11:45 am instead of PM. Was caught by surprise in the middle of my long weekend when I've received an SMS informing my booking would end in the morning and I was 200km away from Sydney. I've called the support, explained what happened and must say I've got an incredibly quick and efficient assistance from Britney. Congratulations to you guys. I've been using Car Next Door almost every weekend for the past month and was already very satisfied with the service provided. However, this time, I could see it very clearly the high level of customer support you have. Thanks once again, Patricia.

I am a fan of Car Next Door!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

I´ve had nothing but great experiences as a borrower of my car, the company is great as well as the customers.
Creating a booking for my car or someone else´s is very simple. Customer service is exceptional and there is always someone there to help you out. I try to maintain my car as clean as possible and it is always in top mechanical conditions. The times I have used someones else´s car they have always been on presentable conditions too.

Simple and easy to use.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

Easy to book and use. Great support at 3am when car tyre went flat, NRMA came out and fixed tyre in 15 mins. will use car next door again some time.

Will recommend to friends n family.

Nick

Verified Purchase

"The whole process was easy and affordable"

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

The van i hired had seen better days, but since i needed something to move furniture , not go to the Prom it was good enough and it got the job done !

Easy to make booking and very flexible and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

I find it very easy to make booking and very flexible, very convenient support with customer communication. It was an awesome experience of getting keys using smarter technology. No need to do any manual documentation,this is an amazing.

Verified Purchase

No more GoGet for me - CarNextDoor is awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Super easy to create a booking, great price and what I love most about it is the great selection of cars/vans/4x4s etc. Managed to move all my belongings to my new house for $29 instead of the +$200 the removals company wanted to charge me! Would definitely use CarNextDoor again :)

Easy and fun

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Prompt registration, easy booking process and reliability of vehicle (well loved) and affordable, competitive pricing. No joining fees either! This was a fun experience with a great use of modern technology, eg prompting and reminders via email and texting of codes to release keys. Great service.

Impressive and cost-effective system! Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

What a wonderful system - the booking was easy and went like clockwork. All relevant information was provided in good time with very clear and concise instructions. It was very cost-effective and convenient with the required Ute within 5 min drive. Thoroughly recommended!

Convenient and easy !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

I found the experience of booking a car and finding it and opening the door ready to drive all very simple and was great service to borrow a car a short notice, and lots of vehicles to choose from thanks!

1 of 33 pages

What if return the car earlier than expected?

Samir asked on Feb 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Samir, if you return the car early, you will still be charged for the rest of the time (the unused time in your booking). This is because the owner has missed out on the opportunity to rent the car to someone else, or may have made alternative transport arrangements expecting their car not to be available. However, if you end your booking early and someone then rents it, you won't be charged for that part of the time. For example, if you booked for Saturday and Sunday, but returned it early on Saturday afternoon, and then another member booked it for Sunday, you would not have to pay for the Sunday. Hope this makes sense!

what's the insurance situation? can I get zero excess insurance? and how much does it cost?

bigal asked on Jan 04, 2017

Answer this

Insurance is included in the fee when you rent a car. The usual excess is $2000 but you can reduce it to $500 either by joining the $19/month "Heavyweight" plan or by paying an extra $1.50/hr or $18/day. There is no zero excess option. Check out the pricing details (including for insurance) here: https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/borrower-rates-and-plans

Do you have to pay a bond type deposit before you pick up the car ?

Shaz asked on Sep 03, 2016

Answer this

You won't need to pay a deposit, but instead we may put a 10-day hold on your card to secure your booking. (That's a 'pre-authorisation' in bank-speak).

The hold will be for an amount between $300 and $500, depending on factors including whether you're a local or an overseas visitor and your credit history. We will always tell you the amount before we put a hold on your card.

This amount is set aside by your card provider, but your account won't be debited until final payment is processed.

The pre-authorisation ensures that there will be funds on your card to pay for the booking, including any damage, fees, fines or tolls we get notice of after your booking ends.
For more answers to common questions, please visit our web page and click on "FAQ" under "for car borrowers".

See all 5 questions about Car Next Door