Reminded me of why I don't need to own a car!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

Clever setup, can pick a vehicle close to home, reasonably priced, pretty easy to use- I had a few minor struggles with the key box but overcame them!
I will definitely use the service again

Professionbal, easy to use and well priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

The whole experience was 10 out of 10.. streamlined, well thought out, no problems at all and excellent communication when i struggled with the key box. I was put on hold to solve it, then i realised it was 3 mins til my booked time so i hung up. Then the customer service person text me AND emailed me to see if the problem was fixed. So impressive. I used to use other share car facilities but I will be cancelling my membership and using Car Next Door from now on. The costs are cheaper and I like that someone in my neighbourhood is making money, not just a business.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

We're really happy to hear this Michelle - great to have you on board.

Impressive - try it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

Smooth process all the way, from identifying the right car, through to pick up and drop off. Very impressed, easy to follow and efficient system, well done! I'll be using again..

At least half the price of rental company , and once registered , very easy to use !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

There's a bit to go through to register, but Booking is easy , especially compared to a rental company , and at least half the price . The vehicle was an older model but in excellent condition. Pick up Location is much closer than any rental company . All dealings were done by text message , or email , and were easy , even for tech unsavvy me !

Super fast registration. Worked exactly as described.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

Really fast registration process meant I was up and running on pretty much the same day as I registered (in terms of working days), which is a great turnaround and meets the needs of plenty of drivers signing up in a hurry. The video and support notes painted a good picture of the process before my first drive, so I had a good idea how it would work. And everything went through smoothly, according to the process. It's also great being able to book in 15 min blocks.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Fantastic to hear - thanks Edward.

Fuss free and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2017

The ease at which you can complete the bookings is amazing, the organization is fantastic, such ease and efficiency! It was so handy being able to collect the car from literally right beside my house rather than having to trek all the way to an office!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you Ciara!

Verified Purchase

Beats Car Rental Companies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

So easy to get the keys and just take off without all the hassle of paperwork you get at Car Rentals. Car was in great condition. Location was great, as it was only 10-15 min walk from me.

Exceeded all expectations, will absolutely be using Car Next Door again soon.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

The process was easy (except at first my phone wouldn't work to book the trip and I had to call up, however the number was free to call and there was no wait, plus their office hours are generous).

Back in the UK we have a similar company EasyCarClub. Car next door is a hell of a lot more user friendly, the whole process is much more efficient, and the map of cars showing their availability is also a much better feature. Similarly, the simple fact you can see how many trips each car has done at the push of a button goes a long way to provid
ing peace of mind for someone hiring a strangers car.

The whole trip was very pleasant and I will no doubt use the service again soon. I also appreciated that there was no issues whatsoever with regard using my British licence. The only thing I would recommend is that our similar companies back home can set amounts for their cars to be hired for longer periods such as weeks and even months. This dramatically reduces the daily cost of hiring whilst still being incredibly beneficial for the owner of a vehicle.

Best deals and super convenient!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Super easy to book, instructions and customer service is top. They really help you and try to make it as smooth as possible!
Quality of the car was excellent, decent drive and cheap on fuel.
It was all just way too easy to be true :) this is perfect for Sydney siders, it was about time we get 'carnextdoor' !

Verified Purchase

Great service to get up and running

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Had a great experience with Car Next Door. Only saw their website link after a search for Van rentals in Bondi. Thought it was a great "share" economy idea and also 30-40% cheaper then best rental I could find. As I wanted to rent same day, I got on the chat function and a very friendly customer service rep (Edward) got me up and runnning quickly. I was able to do the Van rental same day and all materials were self explanatory making the experience an easy one. Would definitely use again.

The whole process was easy, from signing up to booking, to picking up the van and returning it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

I used Car Next Door when moving out of my apartment. It was much cheaper and more convenient that using a commercial van hire company. The process was easy, and there were plenty of vans in my area to choose from. The whole experience was pleasant.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

That's great, thanks Sean! Enjoy your new apartment and best wishes for 2017.

Great business. Excellent value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

Very easy to use the website and manage bookings.
Customer service is prompt and high quality.
Car served its purpose well for my needs. Excellent value for the cost.
Highly recommended

1 of 24 pages

what's the insurance situation? can I get zero excess insurance? and how much does it cost?

bigal asked on Jan 04, 2017

Answer this

Insurance is included in the fee when you rent a car. The usual excess is $2000 but you can reduce it to $500 either by joining the $19/month "Heavyweight" plan or by paying an extra $1.50/hr or $18/day. There is no zero excess option. Check out the pricing details (including for insurance) here: https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/borrower-rates-and-plans

Do you have to pay a bond type deposit before you pick up the car ?

Shaz asked on Sep 03, 2016

Answer this

You won't need to pay a deposit, but instead we may put a 10-day hold on your card to secure your booking. (That's a 'pre-authorisation' in bank-speak).

The hold will be for an amount between $300 and $500, depending on factors including whether you're a local or an overseas visitor and your credit history. We will always tell you the amount before we put a hold on your card.

This amount is set aside by your card provider, but your account won't be debited until final payment is processed.

The pre-authorisation ensures that there will be funds on your card to pay for the booking, including any damage, fees, fines or tolls we get notice of after your booking ends.
For more answers to common questions, please visit our web page and click on "FAQ" under "for car borrowers".

I was just curious as to what +33c a km means if I will have the car for 2 days will I be charged on top of the price 33c per km I drive?

Niki asked on Jun 29, 2016

Answer this

Yes, that's right - you pay for the time you have the car, and for the distance you drive. So if you drive 100km, you'll pay $33 plus the daily charge for that car. You can find more about rates and plans, and see costs for some common trip scenarios, at https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/borrower-rates-and-plans

See all 4 questions about Car Next Door