Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Feb 2015

Celebration Homes very dishonest - refusing to refund my $4000 deposit back!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

I am absolutely disgusted with Celebration Homes dishonesty. I signed two contracts with them to build two investments property in Atlantis Beach, Two Rock, and paid a deposit of $2000 for each property (total deposit paid $4000). Both contracts were ‘subject to finance’ but unfortunately my finance did not get approved. I enquired about getting my $4000 deposit back from Celebration Homes, but they refused to give it back as they stated that it was all spent on “preliminary works & fees”, insurance, site survey & repeg, engineering details. At the initial signing of the contracts, it was agreed with Celebration Homes that they promise to not start ANY works whatsoever until the full finance approval was received. However, they did not stick to their word as they spent my $4000 on works which I hadn’t even approved of which I find Celebration Homes are absolutely corrupted and dishonest so I would never trust them or deal with any of their associated companies as they are crooks. Our salesperson was [name removed] and he is an absolutely liar as I would never trust him again, his main aim was to just get me to the sign the contract so he can get his commission. I don’t understand why would Celebration Homes start would start works prior to finance approval.
I am still waiting to receive my refund of my $4000 deposit since July 2015. DO NOT TRUST CELEBRATION HOMES AND MY ADVICE WOULD BE REALLY THINK HARD BEFORE SIGNING UP WITH THEM AS THEY ARE A DISHONEST BUILDER!!!

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Mr Kerai. We are sorry to hear you feel this way after the work we've done together on your project. Our Sales Manager will be in contact with you to discuss this further. Many thanks, Celebration Homes.

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Dream Home into Reality under 20 weeks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

My husband and I built with Celebration Homes. We would like to our gratitude with our build with the company. Our build has been a very smooth journey from the Sale Representative right up to the Site Manager.
Our New Homes Consultant, Mark was fabulous consultant to work with as he went beyond his duty to ensure all of our needs and wants were met for our new house. He answered all of our questions in very professional manner and when we had delays with developers and Titles, he made sure that we didn’t stress too much. If we build in th
e future, we hope to use Mark again as our New Homes Consultant.

When we did our Pre-start meeting with Richelle , she was amazing that we did our selecting in less than an hour. Now that Richelle has left the company, we have been dealing Verity with all of the building procedures and again she has been amazing. All of our questions were answered in professional and timely manner.
My husband and I are amazing by how smoothly the build process has been for us. We have heard lots of horrible stories about building but from the moment our slab went down to lock-up stage, we haven’t had any problems. Looking at all of the different trades, all of the work has been top quality workmanship.

Meeting Reece, our site manager, you can tell that he takes his job very seriously and treats the property as his own. Reece has the most wonderful customer service. He will take that extra time to show his clients every single detail of their house. You can see the passion of the job in his eyes. At the Pre Handover meeting, we were pleased with Reece’s customer service again when he explained every area in such depth. He demonstrated how it works, what we need to do to keep areas looking brand new and gave his personal tips, advices and recommendations.

During our meeting, we had organised our own independent Building Inspector to go through our house. Our Building Inspector was so pleased with the build that his issues/concerns were very minor and they were exactly what Reece picked up during our meeting. We were very happy with your trade workers as we experienced a gas leak during the demonstration of the stovetop that the plumber was on site in less than ten minutes after Reece contacted them.

Building with Celebration Homes has been a wonderful experience and we would definitely build with Celebration Homes again.

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Jody :) Thank you for your glowing review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you've had a fantastic build and experience with Celebration Homes. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team. Enjoy your lovely new home!

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Amazing Service, Great Team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

We started our journey with Jason K, then Bianca L continued with us from prestart. Such excellent service from them and everyone behind the scene. We had no delays or problems during construction which was right on schedule. We got our keys and moved in on time and as planned. We are loving our Lenox home and would definitely recommend Celebration Homes to any new builder.

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Aubrey and Gamu - thank you so much for your glowing review and recommendation. We will be sure to pass this feedback onto Jason and Bianca. So glad to hear you're enjoying your beautiful new home :)

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Made My Dream Come True!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

Building a house with Celebration Homes has been one of the best experiences of my life.
From the moment I walked into the first display home I was convinced that Celebration Homes was going to build my new house. The Sales Representatives in all the displays that we looked were always willing to help and to try find the best fit house for us.
We instantly fell in love with the Brando in Southern River. Josh Bolto was the Sales Representative at the Brando and he quickly came up with a better designed house for our needs that was cheaper than
the display. Josh was extremely helpful and came up with heaps of ideas that he thought would benefit us but still kept the overall cost of the build down. It did take several months to sign on the dotted line but he was patient and not "pushy" (not like heaps of other sales reps). Whenever I had any enquiries about the house Josh was always there to answer them, most of which he knew and if didn't he found out promptly. I have recently told friends and family who wanted to build a house to give Josh a call before going anywhere else.
Before Pre-start Josh advised us to go have a look at several Celebration displays so would get an better idea of the colours and style we wanted in our house. I think we went to every display in the metro area and not once did we come across a display that wasn't open in its opening times. The displays always looked great and all the reps were always willing to help us even after telling them that we had already signed with Josh.
Bianca Lawton was our new homes coordinator. She new her products extremely well. The pre-start was a breeze following the advise from Josh and then with Bianca helping to put the finishing touches on the build we were about to start building our new dream home. Bianca was always prompt to reply to any emails and questions that I had and normally received an answer on the same day. I also sometimes received a small sketch or photo so I would get a better picture about how it was going to happen or look like. These little personal touches just help to make hard decisions that would be expensive to change or fix at a later date.
If you ever build a house with Celebration Home you want Jamie Sharman or Reece Davenport as your Site Supervisor. I had both on my house, Jamie started the process and Reece finished. A good friend of mine Janson built a Lennox in Byford and told me that Reece was his supervisor aswell, and he said that I would not be disappointed with him and I wasn't. The quality in the work that they expect is high and the tradesmen doing the work know it and as a result it shows in the build. Problems were few but were always fixed as quickly as possible. The site was always clean and neat. I drove past the house almost every day and something was always happening. At no stage did the house just sit there for days with nothing being done. Walking through the house the tradesmen on site were always happy to have a chat about what they were doing. Reece’s final inspection at the end of the build was extremely in depth and his knowledge of all the products was vast. He even took the time to show us all the basic features of the appliances instead of throwing us the manual and saying read. He checked every tap, every drain, wall, ceiling door/sliding door and windows. The defects were minimal almost non-existent. Reece picked up on most of the defects that couldn’t even see and were fixed within days.
I read and hear stories of building a new home being extremely stressful process but Celebration Homes make it easy. Celebration Homes have a market to build large quality homes without all the hidden costs. What you see in the displays is what you get.
I love my new Celebration Homes Home and will live in it for years to come. If I was to ever build again I would go to them first.
Robert and Tanase

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Robert and Tanase - thank you for glowing review :) The team are so happy that you've had an amazing experience building your new home and are happy with the finished product. We aim for every c... read more »

Our amazing house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

We started our journey with jarred. He was amazing, helping us to design our new home. Danielle then took over for pre start and keeping us updated at all times throughout the build. Reese was our sight manager. Nothing was too difficult and he has the highest of quality and expectations from his tradies which is fantastic news for our home. We are happy that we went with celebration homes with the build being completed in great time.

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Wazza - many thanks for your kind words :) We are so glad you've had a fantastic experience building your new home and will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team. Thanks again, Celebration Homes

Could Not be Happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

Absolutely perfect from start to finish. Our salesperson Max was brilliant, he went out of his way to make sure we were 100% happy with the plan which was a custom design. Everything he said he would do, he did it straight away. Bianca was just lovely at our pre-start meeting and Danielle was excellent at keeping us informed of process right through the build. From slab down to handover was 16 weeks. Everything was done above expectations, the workmanship throughout the house is excellent. Lock up meeting with Diana went like clockwork, likewise pre-handover meeting with Luke, we just cannot fault Celebration Homes and we would highly recommend them to anyone considering building a new home. You won't regret it!!!

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi there MC57 :) Wow, what a fantastic review! We are so glad you've had an "absolutely perfect" experience building your new home and really appreciate your recommendation. We will be sure to pass... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Jun 2013

Fantastic builders!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I had a fantastic experience building my home with Celebration Homes. I was provided with assistance on the design and additional options available to make the home my own. The best bit was being assigned Reece Davenport as a site supervisor. He was professional, helpful and provided regular updates. He went above and beyond to ensure the house was completed prior to me going on holiday. Further, he provided me with additional tradespeople to enable me to complete the floors and painting before moving in. Great service! I highly recommend Celebrations and especially Reece.

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Menna - we are so glad you had a fantastic experience building your new home and really appreciate your recommendation! Reece is an absolute star and we will be sure to pass on your lovely feed... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Highly recommend to all!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

Absolutely amazing from start to finish. First greet with Mark who led us through each stage from finding the home For us to the land that suited the house and location. Always there to answer any questions needed with out pushing a sale. Our prestart lady bianca guided us through the making of our home, choosing our cabnitery, benchtops ect and helping us personalise any finishing touches, we didn't wait longer than 24 hours for a response for any information needed. And finally the building process, they say it's all about how you supervisor runs the trades and I must say Luke done a fantastic job. Our slab went down mid August and we are due to get our keys next week 23rd dec all in time for the Xmas holidays. 4months turn over is unreal!! He was on the ball keeping trades in order and making sure day to day site works flowed with ease. All this with very little to redo at the end. So a big thanks to not only mark, bianca and Luke but all the trades aswell. I would highly recommend this company as they are also good value for money without any hidden costs. They have a lot of high grade inclusions that other companies don't. I can't fort the service and would recommend all

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Linzi and David, many thanks for your kind words! We are so glad your experience has been "absolutely amazing from start to finish" as that's what we aim to achieve for every one of our clients ... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Celebrations worth celebrating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

The roof is on but wot is special, you ask. Celebration Homes have provided support, quality workmanship and a tidy site. But what really makes the experience special is the way project manager Reece Davenport has included us in and made us feel part of the project. He has kept us informed of each stage in the build as you would expect but it is his understanding and empathy with us that engages us in the building process. We are not new comers to project builders but this has been the best experience so far. Thanks Reece and Celebrations.

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi John and Teresa - we are so grateful for your glowing review. We go out of our way to ensure our clients receive excellent service and end up with a beautiful house they can't wait to go home to... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Amazing house - fast build and awesome floor plan!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

From the start we had a great experience! Our floor plan was tailored to our block and is a spacious 296sqm. The house flows beautifully with large open plan living and storage areas. Slab down to keys was only 5 and a half months! A few minor errors with power point locations but was fixed once brought to site manager's attention. Cannot recommend Celebration enough...in fact 2 friends are currently building with Celebration after walking through our house.

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Alana, thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad you're enjoying your beautiful new home and look forward to providing the same positive experience to your two friends that are also building a Celebrations Homes home! :)

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Great experience and ahead of schedule

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

Can't praise the Celebration team enough. To begin with we found the perfect design for us and our block. It took us some time to sell our old property, during this time Celebration treated us as serious buyers and were very helpful.
Once contracts were signed everything went ahead very quickly.
Pre-start was made particularly simple with the guidance from your team and your selection centre.
Slab down to key hand over was promised for 24 weeks, and delivered in 18 weeks.
Throughout the building process, communication with both our consult
ant (Laoighse) and our site supervisor (Reece) was excellent.
We were particularly impressed with the pride Reece displayed in his role as supervisor and the quality he demanded of his trades. He took control of the build from start to end and showed great pride in the finished home. We felt he communicated exceptionally well, particularly during our scheduled meetings, and delivered us a fantastic home.
Reece is a great ambassador for Celebration Homes.
We highly recommend building with Celebration Homes
Alan & Donna - Byford

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi Alan and Donna - we can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation :) We are so happy you've had a fabulous experience building your new home and will be sure to pass on your lovely feed... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Apr 2017

What a great experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

My husband and I had been indecisive about whether we should build or not, and had spent a lot of time looking at houses and crunching numbers. There were several things that we were unsure about when we were thinking about building; we were looking at demolishing our current house and we also had a baby on the way, so everything was a bit daunting and we had no idea where to start.

Then we found a house that was basically exactly what we were looking for, and stumbled across the consultant for the home, Jess. It could not have been a smooth
er journey since that first meeting! Jess' knowledge and experience in not only demolition processes and pre-start information but the actual building process itself was above and beyond what we could have hoped for, and she turned a big, intimidating project into something we could understand and feel peaceful about.

We have also continued to have a great experience since going through pre-start, through to getting the slab down and now seeing the bricks about to go up. We have been dealing with several people (Danielle and Jennifer) through different processes and, along with Jess who continues to check in on us and follow up anything that arises, everyone at Celebration has been such a pleasure to deal with.

We can't wait to see our house and we have complete confidence in recommending Celebration (and especially Jess!) to anyone wanting to build.

Comments
Celebration Homes Official

Hi there, what fantastic feedback! :) We are so glad you've chosen us to build your new dream home and are enjoying the process. We will be sure to pass your feedback onto the Jess, Jen, Danielle and the team. Thanks again!

1 of 15 pages

Hi, how long generally take slab down after sign the contract and approved building design from council?

Hasmukh Patel asked on Nov 01, 2016

Answer this

Hi, I think that depends on your bank and also whether your block has titles. It was around four months for us.

Thanks Emma. Our land was titled when i buy it. And i made contract before two months ago and our agent say it takes 6 to 8 weeks and our home design also approved more than two weeks ago and i havent heard from builder and bank since i made contract and that more than 9 weeks now.

Hi Hasmukh, thank you for your question :) Emma is correct, there are a lot of factors that can affect timings around this including if your block is located in an established area or new estate, has titles etc. Without knowing your specific situation, it's hard to give you an accurate answer so please contact our office if you'd like to chat about this more on 9202 2300. Many thanks, Celebration Homes.

We have a two year old Celebration built home. I would like to know why the tiles are all cracking straight down the center of them? This is happening in all the rooms that are tiled, ensuite toilet, kitchen, main bathroom, laundry (so far).

Unimpressed asked on Oct 14, 2016

Answer this

Hi, thanks for getting in contact. This is definitely something we would like to organise an inspection of. If all of your tiles throughout the home are cracking, this is unusual. We would like to organise for somebody to attend as soon as possible. Please call our office on 9202 2300 and ask for our Service Department. We will let them know to expect your call.

How long does it take you to build?

Musu 1987 asked on Apr 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Musu, thanks for getting in touch. We are proud to say that when you build a Celebration Home, we’ll tell you when your home will be finished, and we’ll stick to that commitment. In fact, our homes can be built in as little as 24 weeks, making us one of the leaders when it comes to construction timeframes. And we’ll keep you in the loop from start to finish so you’ll know what to expect.

We can happily provide proof that we build in 24 weeks - if you would like more information please just give us a call or send us an email.

See all 10 questions about Celebration Homes