Filter By:

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Not on time. 2 lazy people finding tough to move the items. 9 hours to complete 2 bed room move. Over priced.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you and that your expectations with the move was not met. May I please have your name and phone number so I can review you... read more »

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Citymove were late, careless with our furniture and they charged me extra for their lateness.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

Not worth going with. They were hours late with picking up our goods and late delivering our goods and had a major storm and flooding which meant we could not meet the driver with. Due to flood, made a number of calls to head office for an update and location of their drivers which had to reschedule the drop off to the next day. The next day they didn't arrive at the confirmed time. Made a number of calls to HO where they never called back when they said they would. To top things off, they charged us for delivering the goods the next day at a d iscount. On the next day, they were hours late again and could not give me an estimated time on their arrival. Having to wait hours for Citymove at the drop off with a 7month is not ideal. I wanted to negotiate a further discount and during the call, the HO threaten to not deliver our goods if we didn't pay. I never said I wasn't going to pay, just wanted further discount. No further discount was given and When they finally arrived, they wanted payment before they unloaded the truck. The whole experience is a debacle. Plus, they were careless with our furniture with a number of new scratches and dents found, and furniture we wrapped with our own blankets were removed by them so our fabric furniture was exposed to getting dirty.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I great apologize if your expectations with Citymove and the move we did for you was not met. In order for me to assist you further, may please ask for your first and last name as well a... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Day before my move they say no driver so sending 4 tonne truck instead of 20 tonne!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

I booked my move a month ago and a 10 tonne truck was required. Today a day before my move they call me and say there is no driver and will have to give me a 4 tonne and will not charge me 1 way. There is more cost increment in having 2 trips than just one way mileage- the twice loading and unloading and lesser men to do all the work. The operations guy was not helpful at all when I asked to speak to the manager. The driver is not available but the 10 tonne truck is so they can get a replacement to fulfill customer need for a 10 tonne truck. Th ey charge by the hour so having two trips turns out more expensive. It's last minute's notice and there is no focus on customer service at all and they tell you the day before the move and will not give any options favourable to customer. The operations guy seemed determined in saying there is no other option without even escalating yet to manager who will call me back in 2 hours. Lets see if the manager is more reasonable. Dont be fooled if you can get a more reliable mover go with a different one instead of citymove!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Beware - Citymove take photos of your house after they move you in

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Beware - The removalists take photos of your house on their personal mobile phones after they move you in. Apparently this is their procedure so that they can attach a photograph to your invoice. There is no good reason for doing this, especially given the security concerns this causes. Hopefully these photos don't end up on a "good places to break into" website. Beware!!! Especially ladies living on their own.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi PR1, I am so sorry you felt this way. The movers are expected to take access photos to verify compliance with WHS standard for hazardous workplaces. They also have to photograph their loads for ... read more »

Citymove. Domestic premises are not hazardous workplaces, by any reasonable standards. I have moved many times domestically and internationally and no other removal company has taken photographs of... read more »

Brisbane

• 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Awful experience - stay away!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2016

I have no idea how there are positive reviews for this company. Our experience was horrendous. All our furniture was damaged (yes, every single piece has dents/scratches). The only things that survived the trip intact were the boxes we packed ourselves. The removalists had nowhere near enough blankets to protect our furniture (despite me providing a detailed list of what we needed moved) and their furniture trolley was broken. When we pointed out the damage, the removalists shrugged - that was it! I asked to speak to their manager, who politely responded with "things happens" and told me that the two men would not leave until they were paid in full. When I told him I simply wanted the account dealt with by head office (because as it turns out, the damage bill to our furniture is more than the cost of the move), he said they would stay in my house all night unless I gave them my credit card details (which they were also offering no receipt for). After 2 hours of this back and forward, I called the police - who removed the two men for trespassing. Head office have been just as bad to deal with since, with Victoria (who apparently works in "customer solutions") telling me that unless the removalists were physically threatening me, they had every right to stay in my house all night. It seems that Qld police don't share Victoria's view. In addition, to claim damages for their movers negligence, you need to show proof of purchase for all your furniture. Funnily enough we didn't have a tax invoice for the table we've owned for 10 years (which was still a beautiful piece of furniture that was undamaged until we hired citymove). From the reviews on here, citymove obviously has some good removalists but why risk getting the movers we did and having to deal with the shocking service provided by head office. They are meant to be an accredited company who provide "experienced professionals" and yet, one of our removalists openly admitted it was the second time he'd ever moved furniture. We're now having to apply to small claims court for damages and submit a complaint to Fair Trading Australia - the whole thing has been a nightmare and not something I would want anyone else to experience.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Stay Away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

Booked my 2 bedroom move with these clowns, they gave me "earliest and best slot" 7:30AM. These guys appeared after 1:30 hours. In the meantime, I made numerous calls to their numbers, not a single person called me back and told me any reasons for the delay, etc.

I had to step in by looking at their speed, still took 4 hours to complete the move, charged me $530 and gave $30 discount.

This was my second move with them so thought they will treat me good but now will never repeat the mistake and just leaving this review so people can also learn by my mistake.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Mukesh, Sincere apologies we arrived late on your move the other week. Unfortunately delays can happen due to unforseen even events on the day, and the best we can do is get the guys there as... read more »

Disgustingly crooked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2015

Dear CityMove Brisbane

You completed our move from Tirrabella Street, Carina Heights, Brisbane, to 7 Bread Street, Mansfield, Brisbane, on Friday, 13th November 2015.

We booked a 10 ton truck to arrive at 10.30 on Friday. Your man [name removed] said he would send an email verifying it. He didn't send any email apart from the dollar saying our credit card was ok.

I specifically stated in my initial booking email that I did not want removalists in the afternoon because they would be tired. I even made a joke about it to underline my poi
nt.

We then discovered with your email a couple of days before our move that you were only going to send one 4 ton truck at anything up until 5 o’clock in the afternoon.

With a bit of arguing with the female manager we were then promised that we would have two 4 ton trucks at 10.30am

I can't begin to comprehend the lies and distortions coming from each and every phone call [name removed] made to your company from 10.30 am on the day of our move, ie "had a cancellation so truck will be there before 12.00". "We won't charge you for the time from Tirrabella to Bread Street." Which is exactly 1.4 km away.

The lies continued and one 4 ton truck eventually arrived at 13.43. I started my stop watch when they actually arrived. We told the driver that we had been promised two trucks and they were very late. The driver phoned your office and was told that another 4 ton truck was available and did we want to use it. What? Did we want to use it? Good grief. “No.. it’s ok we’re quite happy with the service we have had so far; just send the other truck home; everything is under control here.” Is the Brisbane CityMove real?

It was then I said to the driver and my wife that “we are being conned aren’t we?”. We should have cancelled the move then and there but at 2 o’clock on a Friday afternoon who you gonna call?

We quickly realised that the non English speaking youngster was either a complete bludger or something was wrong with him. An hour or so later they admitted that he had hurt himself on the previous move. The driver then helped.

At around 1600 hours they took off for the 1.4 km drive to our other house so I waited for the new crew to arrive.

Two hours later it was in disbelief that instead of another crew I watched the same crew backing into the driveway. We later discovered that those poor buggers had been working since 7.00 in the morning. Without a break! I wonder what the Health and Safety will have to say about that one?

Is it a head office dictum to use the hydraulic lift at all times even when the furniture could be lifted by a ten year old! Ie I watched the young non English speaking guy putting a cane chair on the lift, stepping on the lift then I didn't see him again for five minutes. My daughter said that she was told that he had hurt his back which was why he was so slow.

The men did seem to take a considerable amount of care with our furniture in the first half hour. I did wonder why it took nearly 5 minutes for every piece of furniture taken inside the truck but (on looking inside the truck) was calmed by the fact that the three of them were engrossed in a discussion which was obviously to do with the logistics with the perfect position in the truck.

It was quite a hot day so I decided to move my chair outside where I could see the back of the truck. The truck filled up much more rapidly afterwards so I am tremendously pleased that they had managed to work out the positioning before I got paranoiac!

At 68 years old I thought I was immune to con men. Bubble wrap at three dollars a metre? Not needed. We have our own. Wow. I take my hat off to CityMove. Driver said that insurance says that “we can't take the display cabinet without bubble wrap as it’s an insurance thing”.

Even although we had plenty of our own bubblewrap we were charged $120 for bubble wrap to wrap a glass display cabinet. We were charged another $60 for ordinary wrap to wrap a sideboard. WOULD YOU BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY UNWRAPPED IT ALL AT THE DESTINATION AND TOOK IT AWAY WITH THEM? $180 to hire wrap for an hour or so. Surely this is theft?

We decided that as the workers were obviously knackered (and as it was 8.30 at night) we didn’t have the heart to tell them to take the sideboard into our bedroom upstairs so told them to just leave it in the garage. Half an hour before paying I felt sorry for the men so I went out to the bottle shop and at 8.30pm bought each worker a large bottle of Mexican beer as it appears they were from Brazil.

The driver presented the cost to my wife at nine o’clock at night. She told him he had to be joking. He said that head office told him he couldn’t leave until he was paid. My 68 year old wife gave him her credit card. It didn’t go through. The driver said again he wouldn’t leave until he was paid. The standover tactics worked and reluctantly I gave him my credit card to pay the crooked bill.

It was now 9.30 at night and although I knew we had been screwed I honestly thought they had completed the move.

The following day I had to hire a van to bring the rest of the stuff from the starting house. Admittedly it only took 1 and a half hours but it cost me another $80 on top of the $835 we were charged to move our furniture 1.4km.

Six months ago we used Dawe2Door. They moved the same stuff from storage in Capalaba. Stopped on the way to pick up a heap of stuff from our house in Camp Hill then brought it to the rental in Carina Heights. They then went to Mt Gravatt and picked up a houseful of stuff from my daughter’s house to Carina Heights. They charged $900 in total which we actually thought was quite a lot.

This is the eleventh move we have made since we got married in Scotland. The fifth move we have used a professional moving company.

Your company CityMove turned our move into an absolute nightmare.

Price
At CityMove we know what it’s like to move house: Expensive. That’s why we’ve done our best to keep prices low. Unlike most local removalists, we don’t charge a base-to-base fee or a depot fee, and we charge by the minute, not the hour or even the half hour. That means you pay for the work we do, and nothing else.

Punctuality
It’s a simple enough concept: When you get a removalist quote you have to tell the company when you need to be out and when you need to be in. A lot of companies take those data points more as guidelines. At CityMove we know that on moving day your entire life centres on one thing: The local removalists showing up on time. If we’re late, everything falls apart. When it comes to local moving, we’ve got it covered: With more than 30 trucks in service and an army of fit, trained removalists at our command, we are always on time.

Certified
When you need local removals, you want people who have all the necessary training and certifications – and that goes beyond simply training workers how to lift with their legs and wrap up delicate goods. It also means being trained in the right way to treat people and the world we live in. CityMove is FemaleFriendly accredited because we think it’s important that our clients know we are reliable and trusted.

Everything Else
Local moving is stressful, and too many companies give you a removalist quote that includes just the bare bones. CityMove aims to be not just your local removalists of choice, we want to offer you a full spectrum of services you might not even know you need – until you need them. This includes house cleaning if you need it, packing or unpacking assistance, and utility connection. And because we understand that moves don’t always come about because of good news, we can help with move financing, too, if you need it.

Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah… sob.

In the last eight days I have sent two emails to you asking for enlightenment or at least an apology. You haven’t had the decency to reply of course. I have asked if you would at least give us back the bubblewrap you charged us then stole back. I know I know. Good luck with that one!

You are a pustule on the Furniture Removal business in Brisbane and I dearly hope that the Brisbane office is closed down or that somebody who has some spare money is able to sue CityMove Brisbane.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Thank you for your email and sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on your recent move with move. We do aim to reduce stress on moves and when this doesn’t happen we do take it seri... read more »

Interesting reply Customer Solutions. 1. We never did get the "partial refund", where did it go? 2. Neither did you return the $200 or so wrapping stuff you promised us. We could have used this i... read more »

FLINDERS VIEW. QLD.

Moved 1.2 Km From Raceview To Flinders View. 18/6/15

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2015

Shocking the truck had no ramp or electronic lift. They handed everything down to another guy from the truck and were extrememly slow. They had been notified before that I had extremely heavy furniture as was solid timber. Overcharged and also stole items from the move. I have emailed them and still waiting for their reply. I am very angry and definitely not happy with their service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Joy, thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on your move in June. Whilst we do aim to reply to any notifications of complaints within 48 hours, unf... read more »

You are incorrect as they told me that they don't like to use the ramp it was quicker lifting the items on and off the truck. I asked them. My daughter and I were shocked that is why we asked. I... read more »

Verified Purchase

1 Star. Won't use it again. Strongly not recommended.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2015

I give Citymove 1 start. I would rank it even lower if there was 0 star or -1 star. I would never use Citymove again, would not recommend it to anyone and would suggest you think twice if you want to use it.

A few weeks back, I came to this website to look for a removal service. I found Citymove had far more reviews than others and ranking was good.

2 weeks ago, Citymove came by to move for me. It was a 2 bed room townhouse (2 adults and 1 child) to drop off place 11 KM away. Everything was ready to load. They didn't pack.

Below is my
experience.
A) High cost. Don't just look at the rate. Think about the total cost.

The cost was $705.13. Below is breakdown.
Total minutes (including driving from pick up place to drop off place) 230 minutes: $437 = 230 * 1.9
Total KM 11: $20.9 = 11 * 1.9
Bubble wrap: $78
Shrink wrap: $80

In Total $615.90
Card fee: $9.23
Cash for the 3rd mover: $80 (No receipt) (See B for details)

All Paid: $705.13

B) Citymove underestimated the load and man power (to lock me in?). They added people at the last minute and didn't move all.
Citymove quoted me for 2 men and 4T truck. I asked a few times if this is enough and also sent through my inventory list. Citymove insisted it was all good.
About 1:30pm that day (I booked arrival time 11-2pm). The driver called me saying a 3rd mover was needed. The cost was $20 per hour. I had no choice and agreed.
They arrived around 2:10pm with a 4T truck but eventually they found they could not load all. End of the day, I moved remaining stuff with 4 journeys using my own car.
They asked for cash for the 3rd people and didn't give me receipt for it.

C) They double charged.
See above cost breakdown. You will find they charged for both time (as part of 230 minutes) and distance (11 km).

D) They leave a cost hole with materials.
They tell you rate for wrap but they don't indicate how much cost it will occur to a washing machine, a dishwasher or a mattress.
They don't list standard of wrapping. Neither they give you option to do it yourself.
All they say is if driver feels needed, they will wrap. This is a big hole to your budget control. They control your budget instead of you and you have no way to tell if they use wrap too much. In my case, wrap cost is $158, about 25% of total cost.

E) Customer Service just defends themselves and don't consider customer.
I lodged my complaint on 23 Mar, and got response on 27 Mar saying the electronic photos of his documentation was wiped off in the system then on 30 Mar generally justifying everything for themselves.

This is a terrible experience. I would never return for Citymove service and I would never recommend it to anyone.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi W.N, Thank you for your feedback and again, sincere apologies your expectations were not met on this move. As discussed, the third man on this job was working in the morning on a 3 man job, and... read more »

Hi CS, It's exactly as what I said you are only defending and justifying for yourselves. What I read from your above reply is you hope Your Customer Undestand You however not the other way. Then y... read more »

Shocking first impression

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2015

I asked them to come round and tell me what size truck I would need for a 3 bed interstate move. They didn't turn up in the four hour window I sat at home waiting and of course no-one answered the phone as it was the weekend. One hour after I left home they called to say they would be round in 20 mins so I came back. They sent round a nice enough young kid, who had zero experience in removals (he was a web designer looking for extra income) who took lots of pictures and said he would pass them back for the office. A few days later they called and first question was what size truck did the other companies say you needed! Absolutely shocking and a complete waste of my time. Clearly I wouldn't be going anywhere near them ever again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Sean, thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies you expectations were not met when we sent one of our guys around to quote on your move. Unfortunately the driver we had flagged for this ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Inexperienced movers, damaged our fridge and refused to pay the damage!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2015

The movers were quite inexperienced in moving! They damaged our side by side fridge and then refused to cover the damage! They didn't tell us clearly that we had to pay extra for the insurance! They just said that they have "Removal Insurance which gives you piece of mind" to cover the damages in loading or unloading. After this damage we found out that we had to pay extra for insurance. This is so unfair!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Bahman, Sincere apologies your expectations have not been met on your recent move with Citymove. As discussed all the information on our insurance policies is covered in the recorded message... read more »

That is why I am saying you tried to hide the extra costs for the insurance. You didn't tell me clearly about the extra costs. You just said go to the website for more info: "We are licensed broker... read more »

Sydney, NSW

• 5 helpful votes

Shocked!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2015

I booked City Move to do my move 3 months from my move date. I stated very clearly that I would need the movers for the whole day and I was willing to pay the full costs - even the waiting time. I had to vacate my current place by 12noon and I could only move into the new place at 2pm. I was assured - TWICE - that this would be no problem at all. I phoned them again a few weeks away from the move to confirm everything and again I was assured all was good.
I then phoned them 3 days from the move to confirm yet again and I was told that this was
NOT possible as they had another moving job in the afternoon so they would have to CANCEL my move! 3 days out from my move! I was totally shocked! Now what? I now had to get a new removalist and quickly! This level of service from City Move is unacceptable. They left me in the lurch with very few options. They didn't even care when I explained the situation and in fact were quite rude and they hung up on me! Stay away from this mob, all they care about it making as much money as possible and they couldn't give a damn about the customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Cheryl, Thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies so much stress was caused in the days leading up to your move date. I understand that an error had been made on your booking as the orig... read more »

Hello, thanks for your feedback, and yes the operator did hang up. I was surprised. No goodbye, nothing. I think you should listen to all the calls I made and you will find that I have made an h... read more »

1 of 6 pages