Filter By:

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Great service, good staff.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2015

We were moving a large 2 bedroom unit with study, large outdoor courtyard and storage cage approximately 30km requiring a 10T truck. The 10T truck broke down prior to the moving day so customer service contacted me and notified me it would be replaced with 2 x 4T trucks for the same price. The guys text me in the morning to tell me they were on their way. The 3 guys I had (Ivan, Vinicius & Zuo) could not have been better. They were very positive guys that were happy to do whatever was asked of them...no object was too heavy or too difficult for them to move safely. They were unbelievably hard working and barely stopped to take a breath during the 5 hours of our move. Even when they were rushing off to the next job, they were happy to stay back and ensure everything was exactly where we wanted it. The only negative I would have is that the cost of plastic wrapping and bubble wrapping is excessive in my opinion ($198 for 9 items).

Great Service; Hard working removalists

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2015

We moved a 2 bedroom apartment a short distance, about 30 mins drive. We were contacted before the 2 removalists arrived, they gave an ETA - arrived slightly later than expected but not really a problem as they were still within expected window. They reviewed what was needed to be moved and set about doing it carefully, considerately and efficiently. Fragile items were packed/ shrink wrapped/ covered to protect them. Paperwork was explained and completed during the day.
The entire move took approx 5 hours (1 trip) which considering the amount the guys moved was impressive. They worked hard and really efficiently, to make the process of moving much less stressful. I would recommend due to my positive experience.

Verified Purchase

On time, careful and efficient.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2015

This is my third move with Citymove and I am still impressed. I moved from a 2 story apartment with very steep and narrow stairs. They turned up on time, with a warning phone call 30 minutes before. While they could have moved a little faster, I appreciated that they were careful with everything. It all went very smoothly.

Verified Purchase

Move was relatively stress free

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2015

The men were on time, friendly and obliging. Worked quickly and efficiently and gave advice on packing where needed. The move was nearly an hour and a half away to new location but they got there in good time and quickly unloaded, without mishap, putting furniture etc, where requested. I would recommend this company.

Perth, Western Australia

Private message

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Apartment move to another apartment 2 blocks away

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2015

Was moving from a 2 bedroom apartment with a lift to another apartment 2 blocks down with a lift as well, the entire move took slightly more than 5 hours.
The two movers arrived in their truck roughly 10 mins before the stated 7.30 am start, explained the paperwork and off they went.
Happy with the service provided, would use again if need be in the future.

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Excellent Service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2015

The boys took great care with our belongings and were very friendly. It made our lives a whole lot easier and we would recommend your services again. Thank you!

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Great move no complaints!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2015

The movers arrived before time ( after arranging it with me) . They seemed unhurried but they were very efficient. The move went exactly as planned. Charges were also exactly as they quoted. Overall a great move and would highly recommend them.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2015

Fast, professional service. Very helpful friendly staff. Slightly expensive but would use again, and would happily recommend them.
Thank you.

Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Cheap, efficient and friendly!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2014

I used Citymove to move from Canberra to Sydney and they were fantastic. They turned up on time, were really friendly and moved everything out very quickly. They were organised and took care to tick each item off at both pick up and delivery.

They were also the cheapest by far!

Good job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2014

Easy to book and the people who answered the phone were effective. The movers arrived on time, they were polite and had the job done quickly. They just caused a little damage but it was sorted out by taking an adequately amount off the final bill.

Sydney, Australia

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Efficient and good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2014

The booking process was very easy and the people that answered the phones were very efficient and helpful. The removalists were efficient and careful. They had bubble wraps and wrapping materials to ensure that my mattresses, tv, etc. were protected during the move. I also like that they charge by the minute and km's, I ended up paying a lot less than my friend that moved 2 weeks ago using another company.

1 of 4 pages

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to enquiries@citymove.com.au with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?