Filter By:

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Fabulous service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

Our removalist, [name removed] was fantastic, fast, efficient and on time. They were helpful in doing two moves for me on one day. I have since referred them to a number of people I know, and really appreciate their cost per minute/km charging as I knew they completed the job as fast as they could.

+ fast, on time and friendly

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Awesome and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

friendly blokes, bubble wrapped everything and no damage at all to furniture or property. They asked us questions on most things and it ended up cheaper than i expected. i will definitely use them again and recommend to friends and family. they did not stop all day and set up the furniture that i asked for.

+ friendly, honest and efficient

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Easy move, no fuss and no headaches

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2012

From the initial enguiry to the final wave, I found the whole move to be very easy.
I had contacted several companies and given them the same info. City Move were one of the last I contacted, and one of the first to respond with a provisional quote over the phone, that was very competitive.
Once all arrangements had been made they kept in touch to confirm what was happening, and I got a call from the guy doing our move, the night before to confirm the arrival time. He called again in the morning to confirm, and then a little later to advise
they were running late due to the weather.
The whole move out went like clockwork, with our apartment being emptied in only a couple of hours (16 floors to the basement where the truck was parked, with one dodgy elevator and one ok)
We then arranged a time to meet at the other end (an interstate location), where they rang me again to confirm they were running a little late due to bad driving conditions - I had experienced them too so had no issues about this
Everything was in the new place in about an hour and they were on their way shortly after

The whole process was painless, and we had all possessions the same day

+ Fast, efficient, cost effective, friendly

So stress-free, you are unique!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2012

+ a great degree of integrity which in the moving business is unusual to say the least and attention to detail..

- possibly a little expensive for such a small load, but then it was a long way and well worth it.

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2012

Citymove delivered an excellent service from the very first phone call. Efficient, pleasant and knowledgeable staff. The men who moved the furniture were pleasant, quick and delivered a service that I cannot fault. (Andrew and Carl - of the big orange van!!) This service I would highly recommend to who ever needs to be moved quickly and efficiently at an amazingly good price.

Citymove met my expectations - and that's not easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2012

Citymove removalists are friendly and helpful from the first phone call to moving day. The guys who turned up were friendly and professional. They wrapped my big fridge, mattress and glass cabinet with bubble wrap and moved everything with care. They also honoured their policy of crediting me with $1 for every minute they're late for showing up (up to 30 minutes). These guys are highly recommended!

+ Friendliness and professionalism

- No cons but if you are lazy and don't want to do any packing yourself, don't use them because they charge by the minute.

Awesome removalist company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2012

They turned up on time, very professional, honest upfront and reliable, honest and no hidden costs!
Also, the call centre have very friendly operators and I love how they do a follow up call after the job is done to check if happy with service. Awesome company, definitely use again!

+ Reliable, inexpensive, honest, accountable, no hidden costs

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2012

The boys arrived on time, and from the minute they arrived were friendly and ready to go! My move was painless and very quick. The boys did the whole move within the minimum 90 minutes and with time to spare. My furniture was looked after, mattress was plastic wrapped and the option to protect the rest of my furniture was given to me. I would gladly recommend Citymove and would definitely use them again in the future.

+ Efficient, reliable and friendly service

Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2012

Extremely happy with the service provided by citymove Canberra. Two guys and a van showed up on time and no time was wasted. Guys started packing things and all my house was moved in two hours. Nothing was broken and would highly recommend to anyone. Have already sought a quote for next move.

+ Fast and efficient

- Mattress wasn't wrapped

The best, would be my first choice next move!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2012

Communication was great, they were so helpful, so accommodating, so patient, so energetic, so fast and thorough. This was my first move in 24 years and I was concerned that the process would drag out and become rather expensive but my fears were unfounded, the final cost was less than their projected quote! They put my mind at rest and allowed me to handle a rather anxious departure with dignity.

+ Fast, fit, nothing was a problem!

Selected review

Wouldn't Move With Anyone Else!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2012

I have now moved with Citymove five times. Every single time I have used Citymove's services, I have been extremely impressed. In this instance, I had a family emergency in the early hours of the morning of my move, and Citymove were able to accommodate a change in time at the last minute, saving me a massive amount of trouble. The move then went ahead without a hitch that afternoon. I would not move with anyone else now that I have had such fantastic service. Move with Citymove - you will not be disappointed.

+ Reliability, efficiency, competitive pricing, friendly staff, flexibility.

1 of 24 pages

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to enquiries@citymove.com.au with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?