Filter By:

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2016

Fellipe and Gilmar were friendly, reliable, and efficient in moving everything from our 1 from house into storage. Would highly recommend them!

Big job. Well done.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2016

We cannot express enough gratitude to Ivan and Thiago! We moved to a 1 bedroom apartment from a 3 bedroom share house, but have A LOT of stuff, even we under estimated how much we had...This included a monstrous 150kg fishtank, a balcony garden that resembled the set of Jurassic park with at least 6 large plants (2 in heavy terra cotta/stone plantars)! add to this all the standard apartment furniture including a 550ltr fridge, heavy queen bed frame with inbuilt drawers, a large L shaped leather couch, heavy mahogany tv cabinet, front load washi ng machine, these were not easy items to move. All this packed the 4T truck to the brim which the guys filled like a game of Tetris, but unbelievably secure. Due to the amount of stuff not everything could fit, but was happy to deal with that myself, there was not an inch of space left.
Throw in a 5 level, 35 stair obstacle with only a 2.5 by 1.5 space at each level to move in and you can just imagine how difficult this was... While I'll say that I feel the boys were under prepared for the job, this wasn't their fault (citymove you could at least supply some moving straps to save their backs - about $20 at bunnings). Thiago battled the stair case single handedly with the washing machine as no trolleys could fit, valiant effort. I have no idea how they got the cabinet, fish tank and fridge through that stair case, but they did and did it well. Even after 3 and a half hours of grueling torture, the boys started running at the end to get the final boxes in before the storm hit!
Only one issue with payment and that was your app can't take AMEX, it won't let you put in a 4 digit CVN thing or whatever it is, had to call head office to process the payment. While it did get sorted in end, it just meant Ivan and Thiago had to hang around for an unneeded 20 mins, which I'm sure they didn't need after all their efforts, fix your app citymove.
All in all, blown away, can't thank Ivan and Thiago enough.

Hassle free move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

Moved a 2 bed apartment with ease and speed. Very friendly & efficient staff. I would highly recommend for a hassle free move. Worth the money to spend for professionalism and excellent customer service.

Great Service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2016

Viny and Fernando did an awesome job of our 2 bedroom terrace house move. They were on time, worked quickly and professionally, and were really nice guys to top it off. I don't normally write reviews, but they impressed me so much I thought I'd go to the effort on this occasion.

Efficient and great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2016

Moved a 2 bed apartment with ease and speed, handled furniture carefully. Removalists were punctual and respectful of beloved items, and we appreciate the care and attention given even though the move was only about five kilometres! -- all in all, would recommend. Worth the money to spend for professionalism and great customer service.

Excellent job done by Gilmar, Felippe and Helton

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2016

TREANOR Move 29/12/15 Coogee
Big move by the guys who were with us for 10 hours. On time, polite and obliging. Happy to accommodate all requests. Very hard working. Took no break despite heat and size of job. We were very impressed and would come back to Citymove.
Only slight negative. We asked for all utilities to be disconnected at the house we were moving out of and despite a request did not get the follow up and as a result this was not done. Other than that all consultants very good. Knew what they were doing, professional etc.
We will recommend the service.

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Ryde

Awesome Quick Work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2015

On short notice we booked Citymove on a recommendation from website. For our 4br move we really needed a 10tn truck but Citymove offered 2x4tn tricks instead with 2+2 crew. This worked perfectly. Ivan and his team Felipe, Bruno and Andre were a pleasure to deal with and worked quickly, carefully and professionally in a difficult access situation with lots of large heavy pieces. Easily best of our many moves - fully recommended!

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Big job, big effort, no fuss

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2015

Ivan, Cleison and Leonardo did an amazing job with our move! They were punctual, friendly and efficient. They went above and beyond at every turn, including fitting everything carefully into the truck even though we half way too much stuff. On a hot day with lots of stairs and very heavy things, not one complaint or drama. Well done boys and thank you Citymove for a professional and recommendable service!

Defiantly recommend Citymove

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2015

Fantastic, great bunch of guys, very professional and friendly. Thinking of moving, hire City move, you won't regret it. Highly recommend.

Fantastic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2015

We've used Citymove twice is 6 months and have found them fantastic. We've been lucky to have Ivan as the primary driver on both occasions and he is very professional and skilled in removals. He usually has a less skilled offsides but he instructs them well and the moves are seemed and stress free. We also had Sergio this move (we had 2 trucks for 2 locations) and he was wonderful also.

There was a couple of breakages on the moves, but honestly, I don't think I've ever moves without a couple of glasses or bowls being collateral damage.

Reasonably priced and an above reasonable job.

Would recommend (and have) to anyone needing the job done (especially in the inner west, they are great in the tricky skinny spaces).

Great move with Ivan and Fernando

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2015

Moved from a small apartment and even with the 38 degree heat and terrible traffic Ivan and Fernando where fantastic!

Fantastic Couldn't Fault Them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2015

I recently used Citymove to move my elderly mothers villa. I was very impressed with Gilmar, Fellipe & Kiko. They were efficient and friendly, couldn't fault them! Would recommend Citymove for great customer service.

4 of 24 pages

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to enquiries@citymove.com.au with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?