Stopped working after 15 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

Worked well whilst it worked, however as many others have complained of, started beeping constantly and not heating up after the product was 15 months old. It was quite disappointing.

AH-MAZING!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Best straightener ever! I have the wide plate one and it makes straightening my hair so quick and easy.

Only little thing is that I do need to finish off my hair with a smaller plate iron as this large plate model won't get right to the roots of my hair - but this is to be expected.

Even if it breaks down (praying it doesn't) I would still get another cloud nine.

Great - while it lasted!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

The hair straightener itself was fantastic! I paid $300 for it in December 2014. However in less than 2 years it began to overheat. Upon investigation on how to fix it, I was told it would cost me at least $90 to fix and then that would only have a three month warranty. Not impressed at all with its lifespan and am looking to change brands as I don't want to continuously pay that amount of money every couple of years!

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Too expensive for such short time of use

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

Bought it 2 years ago, For almost $300. Worked wonderfully then just stopped all of a sudden.
I do not recommend it due to its short life span. dosent worth the money.

Kalgoorlie

• 1 answer

This is THE best straightener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

Love the Wide Iron! I have very thick hair and this makes straightening my hair so much easier! I can section out big sections and it straightens quickly and with ease.
I haven't had it very long, so it'll be interesting to see what the life span is like.

Great hair straighter but life span is bad

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2016

love the Cloud Nine wide straighter but the life span of this straighter is very short.brought one within the 12 month warranty the handle got very hot than it blew up.i had it replaced with the warranty but the replacement last 1 year as well.Very disappointing considering it is a great hair straighter

Would not reccomend this product AT ALLL

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2016

Yes, it's good and does the job. Is it worth the money for such a short life span? No way and the repair costs? Over $100. Beware, warranty is only valid for 12 months and a common fault is continuous beeping indicating an internal fault (google cloud nine beeping fault, this issue dates back years). Yes you will have to ship it to them and back plus pay the $90 for the repairs. Are they happy to fix it for you? Of course they are. Ching Ching ching.
If you're adamant on purchasing one, get the extra warranty!

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 answers

OMG This is awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2014

I have a GHD which I have had for years and loved but recently a hair dresser straightened my hair with a cloud 9 to amazing results for me, so I bought my 2 daughters one each for Christmas and used it on my very curly hair thinking I won't be able to get it to look the the hairdresser did, which was the straightest my hair has ever been! but to my amazement I did and it was so much easier to use than the GHD the plates glide through the hair so easily and you can get close to the scalp I am so impressed I have to get one for myself! Well done Cloud 9 you won me over!

+ Everything is easier to use that other straighteners and I have used a lot

- i have not found it yet

NEW BEST FRIEND! LOVE IT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2013

Cloud 9 Hair Straightener

I LOVE this straightener. My GHD that I had for nearly 7 years died so I was on the lookout to buy a new one. I did my research, looked at different brands but couldn't go past the quality of the Cloud 9. The previous owners of GHD are the creators of Cloud 9 so when I understood the technology and quality had improved from their original love child some 6 years ago, my interest was immediately peaked. The pricing was exactly the same as the GHD Gold Series from the shop I bought them from and with the Cloud 9 being
made in Korea as opposed to the GHD (which is now made in China) this was also another selling point for me. I am of mixed Asian/Melanesian ethnicity so my hair is very thick, frizzy/wavy and long so usually with my GHD I had to blow dry my hair first and then straighten my hair with several passes on each section to get it glossy and last nearly as long as you would from getting it done in the salon. With the Cloud 9 you have the choice of setting the temperature at 6 different settings which was very handy for me to choose depending on whether I had first, 2nd or 3rd day hair; I also bought the wide iron because it was better for my hair type and quicker for me to straighten and give me bigger curls. With the Cloud 9 I am able to straighten my hair with less passes (sometimes even one pass) than I had to with the GHD, and I can straighten my hair from naturally dried hair (which means I don't have to blow dry my hair straight before hand) reducing the heat damage to my hair. The time taken to straighten my hair is more than halved taking only 20mins to straighten my whole head of hair. I have a new baby too so time is of the essence for me and was a big factor in choosing a straightener to get my hair looking nice and me feeling pretty. I am very happy with my new straightener as it does what I want it to for my hair type with little time and noise. It certainly helps to do your research so don't be afraid to ask questions.

+ Good quality; efficient and reliable for my hair type.

- Initial one bought was faulty and unusable but was immediately replaced with a brand new one the next day by the retailer.

victoria

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers
Private message

This is the best straightener by far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2013

My Muster finally died after 12 long years. So I was wanting to spend a little money to replace it. I searched everywhere and the only good quality one I could find was the GHD Gold. I was nearly going to purchase one until I spoke with a lovely girl at Hair House Warehouse, she informed me that the Keratin Silver Bullet was much better and cheaper by far.

So I went home and researched more only to find that, yeah the silver bullet was good (when it worked), all the reviews for it said that it broke down after six months or something would
go wrong and need to be replaced.

Then I happily came across the Cloud Nine and searched reviews. It seemed to me that this straighener was the way to go. It has the temperature control which the GHD does not. It has the gunmetal color Ceramic Plates, which is supposed to be better than the gimmic colors that GHD have.

The plates are the same size as the GHD. Anyway, I found a shop where to purchase one and once I spoke to the owner and the hairdressers the only option was the Cloud Nine Wide Iron for me. Best purchase EVA. I have now had for two and a half weeks and have only needed to use my straighener three times. My hair stays straight even after sleeping on it ( one,two,three nights in a row).

The only time my hair ever lasted that long was after I had seen my hairdresser. Now I can have perfect hair all the time. I have medium thick long hair half way down my back, so fairly long. I would most definatley recommend this straighter, be sure to shop around though for a good price. I hope I may have helped someone with this info :)
Cheers
MC

+ Hair like you've just seen the hairdresser...

Comments

It is now July 2015 and this straightener is still as awesome as the day I bought it. Money definitely well spent.

my cloud 9 hair straightners just keep beeping fast and not heating up what it the problem?

dawn thwaites asked on Jul 23, 2015

Answer this

Hi Dawn,
How long have you had the straightener? I have not had that problem with mine I turn it on and press the button to make sure the green light goes to the top and then it beeps that it is ready! I would take it back to where you bought it and see if it still under warranty! I am sorry I cannot be more helpful
Sallyanne

Hi Dawn, mine has never done this, so I haven't an answer for you. I would maybe try pushing the Hi/Lo button. But I think it best to return and ask the supplier. Sorry I am not more helpful. Good luck with this.
Mel

How long will the cloud nine keep for me

margie asked on Jan 09, 2014

Answer this

Not sure. I've had mine for nearly a year now and it has not skipped a beat. Still very happy. Make sure to buy a heat spray for your hair though as I have found that it can dry your hair out a little. Hope this helped :-)

All flat irons will dry your hair out but a lot less than blow drying I have been straightening my hair for 40years and have purchased a Cloud 9 and so far this has been the best product I have used and it makes my hair feel incredibly soft and silky but I also use very good quality hair straightening products for John Freida all their products work so well with the straightener! Hope this help you!

My Cloud 9 only lasted 2 years which was disappointing, especially as I paid $300. I am not a heavy user either, I sometimes go 1-2 months without straightening. At first it worked really well, made my thick curls dead straight and shiney. One day I went to use it, plugged it in and it started constantly beeping and flashing.

However, I have a theory that all straighteners have a max life span of 2-3 years, conviniently just after the warranty has finished. In the past, I've had 2 GHDs and both died after the same time frame. I bought a cheaper branded straightner (Diva) and that also didn't last.

In my opinion, it works well just be prepared to buy a new one in 2 or so years.

Product Details