Filter By:

Very easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

This is the second occasion we have used Columbus Travel Insurance. The online process is quick and simple to use. If help is required then a quick phone call resolved the problem. The person on the other end of the phone was also very pleasant to deal with. Would definitely use them again and have recommended to friends

Quick and Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

I have used Columbus Insurance for a few years now and each time I'm not disappointed. Their quotes are quick, very reasonable and cover all our requirements. I would recommend them without hesitation.

new Customer

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Policy was competitive, and offered what i was looking for .. however have not had any experience with dealing directly with Columbus, all done online, which seemed straight forward enough

Very easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

This is the first time I have done a group policy and your rep was most helpful. I could waffle on and stretch this out as much as you like but I would just be wasting your time and mine.
How about in future no minimum words.

old customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Have been using Columbus for some time now don,t seem to get any reward for return custom in fact the price of the policy is beginning to get quite high maybe have to start searching for better rate.In saying that have had no hassles with them what so ever made a couple of claims over the last 10 years with no problems

A good experience with phone call quote, but watch the misleading Excl policy which doesn't include

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

The travel insurance policy from Columbus is well priced.
We have used them for 2 years for multiple entry insurance, but we havent had a claim as yet.
But I think that the policy title is misleading - a policy with "Excl" in the title actually excludes the USA and Canada, The countries covered should be more clearly stated, not hidden away in the fine print.

Comments
Columbus Direct Official

Hi John – thanks for renewing your policy with us and for leaving a review. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our ‘Worldwide Excluding’ area of cover. Understanding where our website may... read more »

The easiest part of the trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Have used Columbus Direct for all our overseas trips and found booking the policy to be extremely easy and quick. Email follow up is extremely prompt. Used the phone once in the past and my question was promptly answered.

easy quote process competatively priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I went to a number of sites/providers to get quotes. I found Columbus Direct one of the easiest to use and competitively priced. I have used Columbus Direct in the past and have gone back to this product time and again.

Good value travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Good value, adequate cover for the things I need, without paying for things I don't. User-friendly website, very quick and easy to set up. Perfect, comprehensive travel insurance for everyone.

Good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

The person working with me to process the policy was polite, patient and sounded genuine. She worked hard to obtain my facts and explained the policy clearly. I have used Columbus Direct before and found them consistent and helpful.

We love Columbus Direct

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I have used Columbus Direct as my travel insurance provider for years and have always been extremely happy with them. Not only is Columbus Direct the best priced insurance but the website is easy to navigate and if I need to ring the company the people are friendly and efficient to deal with. I will continue using Columbus Direct for years to come.

easy online directions for quotes very reasonable prices for a seniors

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

have used on previous trip but haven't needed to claim , product & price good value.
product was very easy to set up
cant judge support as have no claims

1 of 11 pages

Your website (http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/annual-multi-trip/) says "Up to three kids (aged 2-18) and up to two infants (under 2 years) can be covered FREE when travelling with their parent or grandparent." - but your PDS makes no mention of this. In addition, your application forms only allow a total of 3 people to be listed on the policy. How do I ensure my kids are actually covered, and in an event, convince a foreign medical establishment they are insured?

Matt asked on Dec 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Matt, we’re sorry to hear you encountered this issue. To clarify, our pricing does indeed include standard cover for a number of dependent children at no additional cost, however for cover to be in place they do need to be named on the policy. In your case we note that there was an issue with the handover process from the comparison website you were referred from, which didn’t prompt you to enter details for your children. We have since been in contact with them to ensure they apply a fix to prevent any repeat. We understand your policy has now been updated to include details for all family members and hope you all enjoy your trip.

Does your rental vehicle excess waiver apply to motor home hire in the UK ?

JimT asked on Nov 29, 2016

Answer this

Hi Jim. Thanks for your question. We do include campervans or motor homes in respect of our Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver. There are a few terms and conditions worth knowing about in relation to our cover for hire vehicles. For example, you need to rent the vehicle from a licensed rental agency and the cover only applies while someone insured on the policy is driving. You can find the full terms and conditions in relation to our Rental Vehicle Excess cover in our policy wording under section 12. It’s also worth checking that our Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver limit covers the full excess specified in your rental contract, as this is usually higher for campervans and motor homes. If you have any further questions or need help setting up a policy, please feel free to give us a call at 1300 669 999. Otherwise, have a great trip!

(As always, to decide if a travel insurance policy is right for you, please read the Product Disclosure Statement. You can view ours at https://www.columbusdirect.com.au/pdfs/coz/PDS.pdf).

I've seen on comparethemarket that your Single Trip Premier covers for $3000: can you please confirm this? I'm going to Thailand and Cambodia for a month so would need about that much moneys and some sort of safety net would be a huge weight off my mind.

John Smith asked on Aug 11, 2016

Hi John,

Thanks for your question.

When you travel under our Single-trip Premier policy your travel documents and personal money are covered for up to $3000. Up to $1000 of this amount can be cash.

There are some requirements. In order to be covered, you need to take reasonable care of your items and take some steps to keep them safe (for example travelling with them on your person and storing them in a safe when they are not with you.) You can find more information about this in our policy wording under section 7: http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/policy-wording. If something of yours does get lost or stolen, then you need to report it to the police within 24hrs.

Please note: our policy does not cover for credit cards.

I hope this information is helpful. If we can be of further assistance then please feel free to get in touch.

Happy Travels,