Gold Coast

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Fantastic company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2016

I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews. The North Lakes staff are always polite, helpful and professional, and I have switched to many Kirkland products as the quality is superior to other brand names in supermarkets and somehow costs less! I recoup my membership cost for the year on buying one bag of the very high quality grain free dog food, with better ingredients and 4kg more product than the expensive premium brand we used to buy. I feel confident shopping there as you can return anything you are not 100% satisfied with. On the 2 occasions I haven't been happy with something my money was refunded immediately under their satisfaction guarantee, they even saw on my membership I had another box of a product at home and offered to refund that too (I declined as we had used too much of it to return in my mind, but they offered!). You don't even need to keep receipts - all purchases are stored on your membership.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Rude check out register no customer service ethics.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

Been a member before when Docklands was opened. Had bad experience about check out register cashier. For being rude and acting like your an idiot. Being a new member they should guide you and lead you what to do not acting like a boss and commanding you!!! No manners at all!!

Thinking just one bad apple to the company. So decided to become member for a second time and went to Costco Moorabbin.

Having all we had for groceries, Me and my wife decided to split bills for a reason, we both got a membership card. We have only one cart and this
cashier woman as said been rude and acting like a boss commanding you on which of your groceries to be punch in first!
Hello!!! This is our groceries not her who is commanding us which is which to be punch in first!!! Also we are the customer here! Talking to us without manners and no customer ethics at all. Not even a slight strech of her cheek to smile. All is her eyebrows nearly meet together.

Management should train their staff about customer service and ethics. Or you will be loosing a lot of customers! Also is it really value for money? Will your $60.00 membership worth for a savings?

Private message

Melbourne costco parking is riduculous. Never coming back

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

Came to buy one product priced at about $1000. Could not find the product could not get service. Left, and took 45 minutes to get out of the car park. WILL NOT renew my membership.

Service not very good

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

Bought some floorboard and was told the stuff will be put on side for my hubby to pick up next day, when he turned up next day no one knows the matter and he has to wait for a special lift which is available for an hour, so he has take the day off work just waiting for them to Put it together. Very unorganised and slow.

Tv research

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2016

Why are your tv prices listed 2011/2014? Hey guys this is 2016! Wanted to buy a smart TVs and join Costco, but if you can't even research a current price I guess I will go to the opposition!

Private message

Costco featured - 'special order Graber'

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

Took 8 hours for a call back after ringing 1800472237 line - no consultants available - then '[name removed] rings - 0450 914 420 mobile and said he was too busy and that he could not fit me in on a Friday, or Saturday - he wanted to ring me back but declined. Sorry not acceptable - poor service - don't like costco to be associated with this lazy graber business.

Private message

The manager of customer service was so rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I came shopping at costco with my sister for 2 hours with a lot of stuffs, but my sister have to go home early and left me with a full trolley and her membership card, at check out counter the cashier not allowed me go through and I did explained it to him but he still called his manager, the manager came out with out asking the reasons and took my sister card and said I will not returned this card she have come to pick it up, what the rudeness??? he asked me to open a new membership! haha funny why should I open it again when my sister with me in the same address, he made me very upset, even if I'm newly to costco or was satisfied with them or not in this case I was very upset the way they act so stupid, I will never sign up or come to costco and my sister was cancel her membership on the next day, their products not quite cheap, example 2 jar monaco coffee 400grams x 2 is $36 but wooli sometime cost you $16 for 400gr. or 4L good quality olive oild normal price was $25 and when on sale from $20 or $22 but costo unknown brand was $26 for 4l,,, not many products are cheap, be aware.

On Track Couriers - preferred courier of Costco sydney

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2016

As a former Costco employee I really felt that there was a need for a delivery service. Watching customers trying to get home those large bulky items gave me the concept for myself to provide a reliable professional service for those large items. I have since left Costco and started on track couriers I'm now doing this full time as Costco auburns preferred courier service.

New product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2016

It was really disgusting and very inappropriate for Costco to sell even coffins in the store. The coffin display is very upsetting and for me is out of respect. I was even thinking if I still want to keep shopping there. I am a regular shopper since you opened.

Sydney

Verified Purchase

A very mixed bag

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

Be very careful shopping at Costco. Not everything is cheaper here. They have some good quality items but also a lot of nasty American food imports in their Kirkland home brand.

Where Costco has items that are not easy to find elsewhere, they demand good money for them. Where they have competition from other local retailers, the situation is better. Nothing unusual there, I suppose, but it's another reason not to assume you are getting a bargain.

My favourite items here include paper towel, toilet and facial tissues, bin liners, toiletri
es and other domestic consumables, where some good deals are available in both brand name and Kirkland products.

Fresh produce is often the same price or more expensive than the local green grocer, even in bulk quantities, and no better in quality. Check the price per kg. I have found this particularly in relation to onions, cucumbers, melons, lemons etc.

I have seen checkout staff at Costco Crossroads being rude and authoritarian on a scale unseen by my eyes at Coles or Woolworths. They bark at people who haven't bought anything and just want to get out of the shop - but on the "wrong side" of the checkout (despite the fact that there are no "no exit" signs exhibited), they bark at customers who put heavy/large items on the checkout conveyor belt, while other staff bark at customers about NOT putting the same items on the conveyor. Yes, this sort of thing has happened to me, too. It's breathtaking. They act like they own you once you enter the store. Not impressed with that aspect of the experience at all.

In summary, with alternatives like Aldi, where buying in bulk in order to save can be avoided, my reasons to continue visiting Costco are running out. I think I barely save the annual membership fee as it is, and buying in bulk really doesn't suit everyone.

If they dropped the annual fee it would definitely be worth occasionally shopping at Costco. As it stands, it's borderline. I've been a member since shortly after the Auburn store opened but I'm not sure if I'll renew.

Private message

Watch out misleading price tag at NORTH LAKES!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

Recently purchased a product due to the displayed price being so competitive. Was charged another 30% due to the real price tag being behind the display tag!
On complaining to customer service staff was told to get back in line to the refund area and if not happy with price.
No apology offered and definitely no admission of fault.
Very very disappointed in customer service need some training! Basic courtesy and speedy conclusion/resolution not achieved!
Go to Coles and Woolies--- at least you get free product if they're at fault.

4 of 27 pages