Private message

The manager of customer service was so rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I came shopping at costco with my sister for 2 hours with a lot of stuffs, but my sister have to go home early and left me with a full trolley and her membership card, at check out counter the cashier not allowed me go through and I did explained it to him but he still called his manager, the manager came out with out asking the reasons and took my sister card and said I will not returned this card she have come to pick it up, what the rudeness??? he asked me to open a new membership! haha funny why should I open it again when my sister with me in the same address, he made me very upset, even if I'm newly to costco or was satisfied with them or not in this case I was very upset the way they act so stupid, I will never sign up or come to costco and my sister was cancel her membership on the next day, their products not quite cheap, example 2 jar monaco coffee 400grams x 2 is $36 but wooli sometime cost you $16 for 400gr. or 4L good quality olive oild normal price was $25 and when on sale from $20 or $22 but costo unknown brand was $26 for 4l,,, not many products are cheap, be aware.

On Track Couriers - preferred courier of Costco sydney

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2016

As a former Costco employee I really felt that there was a need for a delivery service. Watching customers trying to get home those large bulky items gave me the concept for myself to provide a reliable professional service for those large items. I have since left Costco and started on track couriers I'm now doing this full time as Costco auburns preferred courier service.

• 1 helpful vote

New product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2016

It was really disgusting and very inappropriate for Costco to sell even coffins in the store. The coffin display is very upsetting and for me is out of respect. I was even thinking if I still want to keep shopping there. I am a regular shopper since you opened.

Sydney

Verified Purchase

A very mixed bag

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

Be very careful shopping at Costco. Not everything is cheaper here. They have some good quality items but also a lot of nasty American food imports in their Kirkland home brand.

Where Costco has items that are not easy to find elsewhere, they demand good money for them. Where they have competition from other local retailers, the situation is better. Nothing unusual there, I suppose, but it's another reason not to assume you are getting a bargain.

My favourite items here include paper towel, toilet and facial tissues, bin liners, toiletri
es and other domestic consumables, where some good deals are available in both brand name and Kirkland products.

Fresh produce is often the same price or more expensive than the local green grocer, even in bulk quantities, and no better in quality. Check the price per kg. I have found this particularly in relation to onions, cucumbers, melons, lemons etc.

I have seen checkout staff at Costco Crossroads being rude and authoritarian on a scale unseen by my eyes at Coles or Woolworths. They bark at people who haven't bought anything and just want to get out of the shop - but on the "wrong side" of the checkout (despite the fact that there are no "no exit" signs exhibited), they bark at customers who put heavy/large items on the checkout conveyor belt, while other staff bark at customers about NOT putting the same items on the conveyor. Yes, this sort of thing has happened to me, too. It's breathtaking. They act like they own you once you enter the store. Not impressed with that aspect of the experience at all.

In summary, with alternatives like Aldi, where buying in bulk in order to save can be avoided, my reasons to continue visiting Costco are running out. I think I barely save the annual membership fee as it is, and buying in bulk really doesn't suit everyone.

If they dropped the annual fee it would definitely be worth occasionally shopping at Costco. As it stands, it's borderline. I've been a member since shortly after the Auburn store opened but I'm not sure if I'll renew.

Private message

Watch out misleading price tag at NORTH LAKES!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

Recently purchased a product due to the displayed price being so competitive. Was charged another 30% due to the real price tag being behind the display tag!
On complaining to customer service staff was told to get back in line to the refund area and if not happy with price.
No apology offered and definitely no admission of fault.
Very very disappointed in customer service need some training! Basic courtesy and speedy conclusion/resolution not achieved!
Go to Coles and Woolies--- at least you get free product if they're at fault.

Paper Towel Quality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2016

We have been regular purchasers of the Kirkland Signature Create a Size paper towels for years and on a recent visit did not recognize them due to their "New Look!" Once we started using them we found that the new look represented a huge decline in quality! The paper is now almost see-through despite being "two ply." What has happened Costco?!

Melbourne

• 11 helpful votes

Lecture in membership usage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2016

I have been a Costco member since they opened shop in Adelaide. I used to love Costco and easily spend $300 or more each time I am there. I am now boycotting Costco as they refuse to provide cctv footage of what they are accusing me of doing. In the last two times I have been they will conveniently put a hold on your card and without your permission as though they own your card they will take it away. I have to them walk over to a mini counter and was lectured on the terms of the membership!! I could not see the point of the conversation as I c ome from a two person household and they wanted me to know that my card must not be utilized by others. Being a good spender and loyal customer here is what I get in return. A month later this week I went in and because the highly respectable manager who lectured me did not take off the freeze on my membership, I was once again embarrassed! I demanded to know what was the original reason for the freeze, he came up with a stupid reason that my husband may have tried to utilse my card. Omg I never knew that he could look like me. Real double standards! I have witnessed their staff allowing 3 separate payments for three young men on a single membership. I was told that I have no right to access the cctv! I have never heard of being penalized for spending! We the members are their boss! It is not them paying us to spend. Rude and not worth it!

• 1 helpful vote

Mince

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2016

Have been buying my shop mince for over 6 months and was raving how good it was. Last 3 weeks the mince has gone from less the 10% fat to fat oozing out of it when we make burgers. Something has really changed. No longer do I shop there. All other products are great!

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Look like kid work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2016

The cake writing so bad! The staffs as crap as their production. "plastic cake" fully chemical. It doesn't need to keep in refrigerator, it still OK. I bought Costco cake last time and my little niece kept a slice in her toy box. The cake didn't go Odd.

4 of 27 pages