Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Covermore fail - will never ever use them again..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

One of the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

The claim took a long time to process due to firstly an error on my part, secondly very slow response from my medical practitioner for additional information, and thirdly the Christmas/New Year break.
However, at all times Cover-More were always very helpful and extremely courteous
I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Ballarat, Victoria

Private message

Excellent coverage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

This policy was fantastic. Quick, with no problems. My personal travel agent suggested this policy and I must say that it is the best I've ever used. Satisfaction: 10/10. I would recommend this policy to everyone who travels.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Bob,
Thanks for sharing this with us and taking the time to write a review! It makes us very happy to hear. We look forward to covering your trip!

Aussie Couple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

Policy was good value - simple online process to purchase policy - my wife had just been diagnosed with a medical condition and we were still able to process application online without further medical questions having to be answered. The small additional premium was expected and not a surprise at all. We would certainly use this provider in the future.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Colin,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. It makes us very happy to hear you found the whole process easy and affordable. We look forward to covering your trip!

Insurance claim made

Covermore does what they commits

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Strongly recommend to buy travelling policy from a reliable insurer like CoverMore, it's a great value and easy to set up. I had a car accident in Sydney unfortunately I was the default maker, can't live without CoverMore's help. Thanks a lot CoverMore

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Heather, We absolutely agree with you that it is essential to buy travel insurance to protect your trip. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and we're thrilled we were able to help you w... read more »

Air Canada & Delta Airline Debacle 2016

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Late 2016 we made a through flight Vancouver to Honolulu Air-Canada-Connect to Delta, In Vancouver Air Canada indicated thay had nil affiliation with Delta, so we could not make the through flight = 1 night stop-over and mssied 1 Day of our Hawai Holiday. We made a cliam with Air Canada, but "in summary their computer said NO", so later in 2017 we made a Cover-More claim (Cover-Less we thought) But after 15 years with Cover-More they honoured the claim. So our faith is restored in this world of un-caring companies, we thank Cover-More and will remain loyal to them. (All done on-line)

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Gareth,
We're pleased to hear about your experience when claiming with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forwarding to covering you in future.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

prompt attention for unfortunate travel delay

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

The policy which I did through my travel agent, was very easy to setup and excellent value. I had to submit a claim (my first ever) for travel delay, which was done online and I received confirmation of approval within 3 working days. This was excellent, as I was not expecting to hear anything for a couple of weeks. Did not even have to speak to anyone, all done online!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Pammy,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're glad you found the claims process easy and efficient and we appreciate you letting us know. We look forward to covering you on your next trip.

First claim ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Our family do believe that if you can't afford travel insurance then you can't afford to travel. We have been fortunate to not having to claim until recently. My 17 year old son got his flight quote and included insurance out of his own decision, you could say it was so easy that it was child's play. He had a medical reason for not being able to return home while on his trip to Japan. The support (numerous phone calls and advice) from the staff at Covermore was professional and comforting, especially to a worried mother's heart. I really expected the claim process to be difficult but it was so straight forward. Thank you Covermore, I am impressed!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. Sorry to hear your son experienced medical problems while on his trip in Japan but we're so glad we were able to be there for y... read more »

Cover-More Insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Super happy with the service provided by Cover-More! I had to make a claim after falling ill overseas and racking up some medical bills, and found the online process to be straightforward and easy to use. Although the process from submitting my claim to learning of its approval did take quite a long time, I received consistent updates on the status of my claim so I was never left wondering. I will definitely be using Cover-More for my next trip!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Bri, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate hearing your feedback. We're so glad we were able to be there for you when you needed us and look forward to covering you... read more »

Patience and honesty Virtue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Pleased to advise we were most satisfied with the eventual acceptance of our claim. Quite understandably much time and detailed research was necessary to verify and authenticate the claim. Honesty and patience will always prevail. Thanks to all your colleagues.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciated your patience as we assessed your claim. We look forward to covering you on your next trip.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

We will certainly consider Cover- More when next we travel.

Best regards Tebbsy

Insurance claim made

The best travel Insurance you can get

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Yes the policy was good value couldn't do without it.
Yes very easy to do with customer service
The customer service was the best
Every staff member I spoke to spoke english and very easy to understand
They were all so caring and always asked "is there anything else I can do for you"
I spoke to many staff members and they were all the same
Nothing was any trouble I was always made feel I was the only person they cared about,
Thanks again for the support

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Kim,
We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us. We're very glad to hear you had an excellent experience with us and we look forward to covering you on your next trip.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Robbed once overseas and then again by Covermore

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

We were robbed in Spain and our policy was declined because our property was not stored in the boot of our hire car - it was a hatchback. This insurance was quite expensive and not worth the money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We're sorry to hear this happened to you on your trip in Spain and that you feel this way about your experience in dealing with us. As outlined in our PDS, there are specific limitations... read more »

1 of 140 pages

Hi, Last year we had to abandon a trip to Europe when my wifes mother had a stroke , she has recovered and is living at home. If we now want to go back to europe . Can we again get Travel Insurance in case she has another sroke or worse ?

Wayne Judson asked on Apr 28, 2017

Hi Wayne,
You'll still be able to purchase travel insurance and have coverage for a range of things, however if your mother-in-law had another stroke it may be unlikely that we would be able to cover any claim arising from this event. There is a general exclusion which would apply in this case as it is relating to the pre-existing condition of a relative. It states that We will not pay for:
10. claims directly or indirectly arising from, or exacerbated by, any Existing Medical Condition:
b) of Your Relative, business partner or of any other person who is known to You prior to the Relevant Time, unless You purchase the Premium Plan, Medical Only Plan, Domestic Plan or Inbound Plan and the person is hospitalised or dies in Australia after the Relevant Time and at the Relevant Time the chance of a claim occurring is highly unlikely. In any event, We will not pay more than $4,000 under all sections of the policy combined.
So basically no cover is available if a claim arises due to the death/hospitalisation of a relative in Australia due to a pre-existing condition if it was likely at the relevant time that the claim would occur. If it was unlikely at the relevant time, then the most cover that can be provided across the whole policy is $4,000.
We hope this helps answer your question! If you would like further clarification, feel free to give us a call on 1300 72 88 22 and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Am I covered for medical if I am traveling pillion on a motor bike in Bali?

Pauline Rorke asked on Apr 19, 2017

Hi Pauline,

For policy specific questions, it'll be best to get in touch with us on 1300 72 88 22 so we can check the coverage you have. Generally speaking, if you wish to be covered for riding a motorcycle (including a moped) as the driver or pillion passenger during your Journey, you must pay an extra premium. If you choose to do so, you will only be covered if:

• The engine capacity is 200cc or less;
• You are wearing a helmet;
• You are not participating in a Professional capacity;
• You are not racing; and
• Whilst in control of a motorcycle, You hold a licence valid in the relevant country.
Note: No cover will apply under Section 7 Rental Car Insurance Excess and Section 16 Personal liability.

In reference to holding a valid licence, regrettably we do not have a list of what licence is valid. It is up to you to ensure the licence you hold is valid. You may wish to try the Roads and Maritime site to locate this information. If you are just a pillion passenger and won't be in control of the motorcycle at any time, then it is up to you to make sure you comply with any local laws.

Cover-More Travel Insurance

I am travelling to North America. I have a rental car excess of $0 and it appears a total excess of $500,When arranging a car hire, what do I quote to them to insure that they don't add what I already have?

Mark asked on Apr 01, 2017

Hi Mark,
That sounds like you have an exciting trip to North America coming up! For policy specific questions, it'll be best to get in touch with us on 1300 72 88 22.

See all 188 questions about Cover-More