Filter By:

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

After contracting a dose of the flu whilst on a cruise we ended up with a $900 ships doctors bill. On return to home i downloaded and sent off claim form to Covermore. The claim was paid within 10 days noquestions asked. Well done Covermore

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We're happy to hear you found the claims process quick and simple. We look forward to covering your next trip. Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Loss of airfares

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

Just be aware that as soon as you check in your flight has been used and therefore cannot reimbursed in the event of an accident. Also you have to return and that flight becomes used.
My wife had an accident on day two of a month long european holiday and we had to return. Covermore covered the cost of some of the rest of the holiday but not the airfares. As they said there is no payout for the loss of enjoyment.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Ric,
We're sorry to hear about your experience but we appreciate hearing your feedback.

Insurance claim made

Thanks for your attention to my claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

I am very satisfied with the customer support you gave to my claim. I was kept up to date with the progress of the claim and it was processed in a business-like manner

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi John,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to covering your next trip.

Insurance claim made

insurance a must and you are the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

As we are getting older, its always best to get a first rate insurance company, you never know whats around the corner. The insurance was easy to set up, even with ongoing medical history. Response to our claim was quick and the claim settled in less then a week

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Wayno, Thanks so much for providing us with your positive feedback. We're so happy to hear you found the whole process easy and efficient. We look forward to covering your next trip. Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

No cover if they cancel your flight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Josephine, we're sorry to hear you feel this way after your experience with us. Unfortunately, we are limited to what the PDS covers and encourage all our customers to read it so they are aware ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Not your average insurance company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

We ran into trouble whilst overseas and needed a Dr. I was paniced and cynical about the company reimbursing our costs, they came through and were amazing. ☺ thanks covermorw

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Sam, thank you for sharing your experience - that's great to hear. We look forward to covering your next trip. Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

• 7 comments
  • 22 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

We eventually got something, but...!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

We purchased insurance with Cover-More via FlightCentre. Trip was in 2nd Quarter of 2013, supposed to be for three months. Just before leaving the US for South America (the last month - and a long-term dream) - wife got sick, followed shortly by me catching the same appalling bug. We were declared unfit for travel by doctors in Los Angeles. Weakened and unable to continue, we travelled home as soon as we were able. It was not sensible to go to a remote location, as planned, in a country where we didn't speak the language, and perhaps infec ting other travellers (etc, etc). On our return, we put a claim in for our costs.
First - they lost the claim. Then - they lost the paperwork - again. On the third try - and thanks entirely to the lovely lass at FlightCentre Tuggeranong, who was embarrassed she'd sold us this insurance - we began to get some results.
As others have reported - they treated each item (almost) as a separate claim. Then they kept asking for 'more information' - 'info already supplied! Twice!! - certified copies!!!'
We did get the bulk of what was owed to us. But it took a long time - and I reiterate - without the assistance and determination of one staff member (and her boss) at FlightCentre Tuggeranong - we'd have been out of pocket about $10K+.
We did not - as far as I can determine, through the forest-of-white - get everything we should have done. That we got anything at all - almost entirely due to FlightCentre Tuggeranong.

NOT recommended.

PS - apparently Cover-More is part of a giant US insurance mob - one can buy insurance elsewhere and still be dealing with pretty much the same organisation or organisational culture.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry it wasn't more a more positive one. We continuously work to improve our processes based on feedback like this, so thank you for taking the time to... read more »

Noted. I also read the PDS - I do that. But after that experience I cannot recommend your company, and for my forthcoming trip, have purchased elsewhere. To the extent identifiable without major... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Completely let down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Covermore shafted me and my family after our trip to the USA this year.

Our arrival into Orlando was delayed and we where made to be awake for 30Hrs+ due to Denver Airport closing for storms.

We made a decision to accept the Airlines offer to extend ur stay in Orlando by a day so we could try and use our various theme park passes. Doing this saved cover more more than $3,000 in additional claims and resulted in us making a claim for $550 for extra accommodation which they rejected.

So had we not mitigated cover mores loss and left Orlando as scheduled we would have successfully claimed for our tickets valued at $3300. Escalated to Obudsman awaiting outcome.

Covermore are morons

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Thank you for sharing your experience, we're sorry to hear it wasn't a positive one. As this is now with the FSO we will leave it with them to make the decision. Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

• 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Used to be great,,,, not so much anymore

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

we were in bali for a 50th birthday last october. My father who was 79.5 years young fell over a mat as he only has one leg and his crutches caught the mat. He hit his head, he was knocked out and also swallowed his tongue and wasnt breathing. We rushed to him and pulled out his tongue and he was out cold for 3 to 4 minutes, ambulance to BMIC which were great. As he fell he also smashed and broke his reading glasses. He spent three days in hospital with 16 stitches, a small hairline fracture in his pelvis and SEVERE concussion. contacted cove r more from the hospital and they were great at the time. Told my mother 78 years was fine to stay with him as they were due to fly home. i cut my holiday short (daughter) to travel home with them as the carer as mentioned above father is an amputee above the knee, which cover more paid for. Upon getting flights home they then said that they wouldn't cover my mother who was the policy holder to fly home with her husband Absolute joke, do you think she is going to leave him in hospital on his own. The hospital report said that he was to fly home business class to allow lying down due the severe concussion and pelvic back pain. when we arrived at the airport it was bloody economy. My father did not have a comfortable flight home. Upon putting our claim in, it has been a nightmare,,,,, 3 times i have had to upload paperwork which they say they haven't received, which we know they have as they have part paid from our credit card statement. His reading glasses which were smashed and replaced when we got back for $1200 they have not paid for, they say they need his receipt for his old glasses,,, who keeps that!!!. I also sent in pictures of the broken bloodied glasses but still no as they to do a depreciation on the old ones. This claim is still ongoing but very frustrating. We have used cover more many many times and had two claims and there was no problem, something is going on with this company at the moment, but they are definatley not the same from our claim back in 2008 where my mother broke her leg in vietnam, our whole family is considering moving travel insurance, and thats a big loss for them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Vicki,
Thank you for sharing your experience, and we're sorry to hear about the issues you've had. We've sent you a private message to find out some more information about your case.
Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

Not happy at all!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

We have been dealing with Cover-More since our return last October. We had several claims and we have been shocked by their lack of consideration. Each claim is processed separately and fees incurred if successful so..... receiving $25 for the replacement of an already new suitcase was quite a shock! We experienced harrowing weather and situations and were denied any compensation due to "clauses". We have used this company many times and this is our first lot of claims. We believed being honest and open was the only way and we are terribly disappointed in the lack of caring and understanding. We have decided that we won't be using this company again!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience with us. Claims do have to be treated separately sometimes if they're determined to be separate events. Our clauses are just parts of t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Another satisfied customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Completely satisfied with all three, within 7 days my claim was passed and paid with no hassles what so ever. I would recommend Cover-More as they are the very best travel insurance.

Comments
Cover-More Official

That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing, we look forward to covering your next trip - wherever that may be. Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

have already taken Cover More cover for the next cruise

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Good quality cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

We were devastated to have to cancel our dream cruise because of my cancer treatment.
The cruise line refunded a large portion of our cost but we were out of pocket by nearly $1500.
Cover More has paid us all but $100 agreed excess. The longest waits were first getting appropriate paperwork from my doctor (he was away on conferences and then holidays) and the business hiatus over the Christmas period.
The money is now paid and we can put it away for when we can book another cruise.
I'll be happy to use Cover More again.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Thank you for sharing your experience, we're glad we could be there to help. We're wishing you all the best with your cancer treatments, and we look forward to covering your next trip soon. Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

1 of 131 pages

Am I covered for sickness insurance in Vietnam if I don't get vacations?

Mam asked on Dec 27, 2016

Answer this

Hi Mam, we don't have any conditions in our policies requiring travellers to have vaccinations. So you will still be covered for medical treatment you may receive overseas to treat a Disabling Injury, Sickness or Disease.

Kind regards,
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, my partner and I are wanting to travel overseas. One of our concerns is if his business partner becomes ill or has an accident, we would need to stay home to run the business. Would we be covered by your travel insurance?

Sammi M asked on Dec 22, 2016

Hi Sammi,
We usually do cover you in the event that something happens to your business partner and you are unable to travel as a result of this. However, this is dependent on the type of policy you purchase and there are some limitations and exclusions involved. For full details, we encourage you to read the PDS found on our website. Alternatively, give our friendly team a call on 1300 72 88 22 to find out specific information about this or if you need anything clarified.
Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi. In many of your responses, you mention that cover for hospitalisation or death of a parent applies if at the relevant time, the chance of a claim occurring is highly unlikely. If we have a parent who has known conditions, and has been hospitalised a few times over the years for those conditions, does this mean it would not be considered highly unlikely that there would be a chance of a claim? He is 80 and currently Ok (hasn't been hospitalised for a number of months) but given we are booking everything 9 months in advance, it is difficult to say what might happen in future. How do we get clarity on the meaning of "highly unlikely"? If I had to guess, there is a good chance he may be hospitalised again at some stage in the next 9 months, but he usually spends a couple of days in and is then discharged.

Azza asked on Dec 03, 2016

Hi Azza,
Without knowing the exact nature of your relative's condition, generally existing medical conditions like this are not covered. However, we recommend you get in touch with our customer service team on 1300 72 88 22 so they can advise more specifically to your case.
Kind Regards,