Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Feeling harrassed and intimidated by cover more

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

I have provided documentation for my daughters claim from her General Practitioner and Specialist, on letterhead documentation and cover more specific forms clearly outlining travel being cancelled due to a spider bite resulting in surgery. Obviously an unforeseeable event. I wait for each ten days to pass before a cover more representative will reply then they ask for more information - this time requesting my daughters medical records for the last 2 years!!!!! This is unreasonable. Saved for the trip for years - will never be using cover more again and would never recommend them.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Anne, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience, that is certainly not how we want our customers to feel. For claims arising because of a medical condition, it is common practi... read more »

Excellent Claims Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Two claims submitted Wednesday afternoon - both claims paid Friday morning!
Easy process for lodging both claims. I did ring for assistance whilst away and was guided on how to lodge my claim. Fantastic and efficient service.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Narelle, That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our claims process is very efficient when all the necessary documentation is submitted when the claim is initially l... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

cancellation policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Got a quote yesterday for insurance including cancellation policy then today rang to double check only to be told by another rep we cant have that policy anyway very dissapointed and wont be using covermore again

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Robyn,
Sorry to hear we were unable to offer you cover. Was this in regards to an existing medical condition?
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hubby is due for a knee rep.sometime this year and my question was would we be covered to get our money back if it came u in june and was told we would get our money back if that happened I have th... read more »

Cover-More Official

Hi Robyn, Sorry about the confusion. As this is considered a pre-existing medical condition, cover is not available in this case. We presume that you got the quote via our direct website, in which ... read more »

Totally Let Down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Tanya, Sorry to hear that your flights had to be re-scheduled and we apologise that you feel this way about the service you received. If you purchased a policy on our Cover-More website, cancel... read more »

Insurance claim made

I wish there was an option to give you zero stars- Because you don't deserve even this one

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Hi Cover more, My sister and I traveled to Thailand and were delayed by three full days after serious flooding and no flights leaving from the small island we were staying on. It was all very stressful at the time, but after speaking to someone while we were there from your company, we were reassured we had collected the correct information and we would be covered with our insurance policy for our out of pocket expenses. We had done our research and read great reviews on cover more, so decided to go with them, even after getting much cheaper an d similar quotes from other companies. We did the right thing, extending our cover beyond the time of travel just do be safe. We travelled almost three months ago, and since being home your company has been everything but helpful in this matter. We are out of pocket still, and now paying interest on the credit cards we used to purchase fliths and accomomodation. We have sent through (on three seperate occasions) all the information we were told to correct and yet it does not seem to be suffice from your end. Its frustrating having to spend countless hours sorting this out, being that we have been nothing but honest and time efficient in sending what we believed was the correct and adequate paperwork. It has left us with a sour taste in our mouths, and I can safely and surely say I will never be using cover more again, and will never recommend to anyone. I'm contacting you not only to give you much needed feedback about the lack of communication and support from your staff but also to ask you to please look further into our claim. I'd like to add a Thank you to the end of this message, but at this point I have nothing to be thankful for

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Helen, Sorry to hear you were stuck in Thailand due to flooding and that you are unsatisfied with your experience with us. That is certainly not how we want our customers to feel. We have sent y... read more »

Singleton

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

SHAME - Dishonest staff and actions to prevent claim payments

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

My wife and young daughter took an overseas trip, Covermore policy was about $350.
Last leg of our trip in USA in late December 2017 we hired bikes at sunny Venice Beach California. My wife and daughter made a toilet stop at public restrooms by the bike path. I watched the three bikes, and had our bag (small pack pack) off and by my side while I sat and waited on the grass. There was lots of people around. I was distracted from the front while someone snatched it from the back. It contained the wife's camera, my daughters Ipad and my Iphone. I
reported it to LAPD within minutes. They were really helpful and said this happens all the time. The bag was not recovered.

I made a claim for a stolen bag (and contents) covered under SECTION 4: Luggage and Travel Documents; 1.Loss, Theft or Damage
It was rejected under section 7. Items left unattended in a public place.
I asked for a review
it was reviewed and rejected again saying I did not keep an eye on it and that I needed to be in a position to defend it.

HERE ARE THE PROBLEMS WITH COVERMORE. Good reasons why I wont use them again and other should know NOT to buy their policies -
They stretch out the claim time from day one. My claim was made on the 1st of January and it was finally rejected on Feb 22 (today) 2017. Every time you lodge something or make a phone call they will take 10 working days to get back to you. This is clearly because they have bad customer service, and because they like to hold claim monies for as long as possible.
They do not call you back when they say they will. Then they give you a direct number and do not answer.
They make stuff up.They make you say stuff (lead you down the garden path) then use it against you. In my case it was originally the claims officer saying 'so you were looking forward and it (the bag) was besides you so its fair to say you weren't looking directly at it?' I agreed meaning it was in my peripheral vision but not something I was focused on. GAME OVER. From this time they would not listen when I explained that I always had it in sight, definitely attended. I was alert, upright, and watching the bikes and my bag but they insist I left it unattended and therefore will not pay. Now my wife has no camera and my daughter has no Ipad. The cops said bag snatchers will distract people while a second person takes the item. Exactly what happened. How do you defend against that? Can you stop a pick pocketer? Also it does not say in their policy you have to defend your possessions.
Now it means more effort to take this to the ombudsman. Again, they know that the longer they string things out the more likely people will give up and go away.
Not this little black duck! I am a former journalist and now CEO of two small companies. I will warn a lot of people and take this DISHONEST company to social media wherever I can. I am even going to boycott FLIGHT CENTER AND ESCAPE TRAVEL because they facilitate this DIRTY COMPANY.
Anyone can contact me for more information, I am happy to share. My number is [number removed]
SHAM SHAME SHAME SHAME

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We're very sorry to hear this happened to you and your family while on holiday and that you've had this experience with us. We appreciate you getting in touch and providing us with your f... read more »

Insurance claim made

Our trust was not misplaced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Having travelled with Cover-More for many years we always felt that our policy was good value. This was the first time that we had to submit a claim. Customer support throughout was excellent and caring. We are extremely satisfied with the timely assessment process and outcome. Thank you!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Veronika, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. Your opinion about our service is very important to us and we're glad to hear you were satisfied with everything. We look forwar... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

If I could have given them 0 stars I would have

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Policy was terrible value. The support was terrible. At one stage I waited 45 minutes on the claims line. I hung up and then took the "get a quote" option and amazingly someone was there to answer the phone within 2 minutes - it highlighted to me where they focused their priorities. The claims portal didn't work. Also they took a long time to process the claim even though all the information was provided.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi BRG, We appreciate hearing your feedback and will certainly pass it onto the relevant team as we continuously endeavour to improve our services. Sorry to hear you had this experience with us and... read more »

True to your word.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I would like to thank you for your support & thank you to Escape Travel that helped me with the paper work for my claim. Thank you for the efficient service. I would take out travel insurance with you again. Valda Rook

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Valda, We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. It makes us very happy to read about your experience and are glad you found our service excellent. We look forward to co... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

A rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

I claimed for medical expenses incurred on the first night of my cruise. Reason for declining? Ship was not far enough out to sea! They don't pay apparently until the following day when they can be really sure you are out there amongst the waves. It is certainly an original reason to avoid payment. I certainly will never fall for these shysters again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there,
We're sorry to hear about your disappointment. We have sent you a private message so we can investigate this for you.

Cover-More Official

Hi there, We certainly offer medical expenses cover for travellers going on a cruise. We have had a look into your claim and we are unable to cover continuation of treatment started prior to your j... read more »

You declined because you stated that I was not covered whilst "in Australian inland water or tied up in port'. You have now found another excuse but have not satisfactorily explained the first. ... read more »

Only Cover-more

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

A friend was trapped in Nepal during the earthquake and in April 2016 and Cover-more was the only insurance company that came in with a plane and got all their clients out. I decided to use Cover-more for my trip to UK in 2016 and unfortunately my daughter ended up in hospital. Cover-more refunded all the expenses I incurred staying with her. Easy, fast and efficient - AMAZING.
Only Cover-more for me.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We hope your daughter is doing well now and we're so glad to have been there for you when you nee... read more »

Highly reccomended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

Unfortunately I had to make a travel claim but luckily, the overall process was simple, efficient and as stress free as possible. Thank you; I would highly reccomend Cover-More to all.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi J. Pinot,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're happy to hear you found the claims process easy and we look forward to covering your next trip.

1 of 135 pages

I'm unable to fly to Europe due to sickness ( Gastroenteritis). Is a medical certificate enough to receive a refund of the return ticket ? Is my only cost $300 access? Please let me know, thanks , Ed

Eddidi asked on Feb 22, 2017

Hi Ed
For specific policy questions you will need to get in touch with us via phone or email. Please call 1300 72 88 22 or email enquiries@covermore.com.au and one of our customer service team members will be able to assist.
Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

Hello thanks for your answer re insurance and cruising on the west coast of Aus.....does this apply to any medical expenses on board if any were to be incurred?

Richard Gloyn asked on Feb 22, 2017

Hi Richard,
We can provide cover for medical expenses on board, provided that that fall within the terms and conditions of our PDS which we are bound by. We do not cover medical expenses for pre-existing conditions, unless the condition is on our list for automatic cover, or if you have disclosed your condition with us and we have then approved cover for it with an additional premium. To discuss this further, please call us on 1300 72 88 22.
Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance

I lost some pills whilst having my bags inspected by customs during boarding. I suspect they fell out or maybe they were confiscated- I was not advised of any confiscation. These were for a pre-existing condition that I had listed when taking the cover. However Covermore has refused payment of my visit to the ships doctor and subsequent receipt of the medication because the ship was still in the Brisbane river at the time (the cruise ship terminal is quite a way from the mouth of the river). I was not covered because I was 'in Australian inland waters or tied up in port'- we had been underway for about an hour or maybe more at the time. I assumed I would be covered from boarding to disembarkation- a reasonable assumption to make I would think. This illustrates the lengths these people will go to in order to avoid paying. Attempts to make them see reason have been a waste of time. Avoid this mob like the shysters they are.

I believed I was covered for medical expenses from the time I boarded the ship until I disembarked. I listed several pre-existing conditions and this particular one was on their list of 'automatic cover' conditions. They have changed their reason for declining sinceI I posted the review on this site. Now they are saying they don't cover 'losses" or pre-existing illnesses or things confiscated by customs, or claims less than $150, - in short they have a million excuses not to pay. My claim is small- $139- but it could easily be for something much larger and I doubt if they would not be able to find a reason to not pay if that is what they decide to do. If their first excuse looks a bit iffy on a review site they will just keep finding new ones. I suspect they think my amount is too small to bother contacting the ombudsman- so they are safe to knock themselves out with weird excuses. One wonders however what exactly they DO cover- is travel insurance worth having at all ?

Does cruise pack insurance cover a domestic cruise? The cruise departs Fremantle and travels up the Western Australian coast calling into 3 Aus. Ports.

Richard Gloyn asked on Feb 21, 2017

Hi Richard,
Yes you can get cover for your cruise around Australia. If purchasing a policy via our website, please select 'Domestic Cruise' as your destination and then the 'Cruise' extra when you go through the purchase path. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 1300 72 88 22 and our telephone sales team will be able to assist you. Enjoy your holiday!

See all 181 questions about Cover-More