Filter By:

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

After an accident in Canada, we appreciated the prompt handling of our claim for ambulance and hospital expenses. The Customer Support staff, when we sought advice, were wonderfully professional and supportive. Our policy was easy to establish and clearly outlined terms and conditions.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

I had to cancel my trip to Melbourne due to my husband's death a month earlier .Your employee was very helpful and when I received the forms they were simple to complete and I received my refund very quickly.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Annie, We're very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. We offer our sincerest condolences and are glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Thank you for taking time out of yo... read more »

Ignoring me

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

I recently went to Mexico and my baggage was delayed for 4 days until I finally recieved my goods. In this time, I had to purchase clothes, toiletries and essentials to get by. The airline didn't cover me, but the guidelines in Covermore insurance said they would. I put my claim in 2 months ago and continue to follow it up every month, and have still heard nothing at all - despite their automated email telling me they will contact me within 10 days - pfft.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Hayley,
Sorry to hear you've had this experience with us. We've sent you a private message about this so we can chase it up.

Cover-More Official

Hi Hayley, Our claims team have informed us that we sent you an email on 27 January to the email address provided, outlining your claim outcome. It appears that the amount you are claiming for is n... read more »

appalling service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

I made a claim for cancellation of my travel due to breaking my ankle late September 2016. I received remittance ADVICE only of a paltry contribution for partial travel (that part between neighbouring countries) but it this token amount was never received in either of my accounts so I have no idea whose account it went to, if any. To add insult, the main travel, out of and back to, Australia was ignored.
VERY Unhappy!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Lauren, We hope you've made a full recovery after breaking your ankle. Sorry to hear you feel this way - we'd like to look into your claim for you. Please reply to our private message so we can ... read more »

Hi Mia, Thanks for responding. Claim number was 102330 - only addressed a small portion of the travel - that part, outside of Australia, between neighbouring Mekong Delta region countries and compl... read more »

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for your reply and getting in touch with us. We'll forward this information on to our claims team and they'll investigate what has happened.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Very slow, 1 month later and claim still isn't approved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

After being told that this was a premium service I purchased covermore travel insurance for peace of mind incase something happens. Whilst overseas my mother committed suicide causing us to come home early. After submitting all the receipts, documents and coroners report and waiting for ages we are told that this is still not sufficient evidence.
My mother is dead, they have documented proof, why make things more difficult than they need to be?

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Paul, We're very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and offer our sincere condolences. We appreciate hearing your feedback and we will definitely be passing this on to the relevant team... read more »

Update: Covermore were very prompt in addressing my concerns after they were aware of my situation. Although the process was diffucult, they delivered in the end with fully paid/approved claim. I... read more »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for sharing an update. We're glad we were able to resolve this for you.

great insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

very
further to your 3 questions above, we could not be more satisfied with the service we have received from you, and would not hesitate to recommend you to others.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Hazel,
We're thrilled to hear you feel this way. Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We look forward to covering you on your future travels.

Excellent Response Time with Luggage Claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Have used Covermore on a number occasions through Escape Travel. Luggage claim on a recent Cruise was handled swiftly and competently. Very satisfied with outcome. Within the week of submitting claim, money was credited to account with updated emails keeping us informed.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Lorraine, We thank you for sharing your experience on Product Review as hearing your feedback is important to us. Were thrilled to hear you found our claims processing fast and we look forward t... read more »

Insurance claim made

Claiming is not just a few easy steps as CoverMore advertises in its brochures

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Yes my policy was good value.
Yes it was easy to set up through Flight Centre.
However,

I have been very dissatisfied with the support. My claim was for September 2016 - it's now March 2017! There have been delays, lost policy and every month I have a new email asking for more information than was previously asked for.
My feedback is that I will be looking for my annual travel insurance elsewhere when this one runs out.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Leanne,
Thank you for providing your feedback and we're sorry to hear about your experience. We've sent you a private message about this so we can investigate.

Geraldton

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

horrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

we made a claim through cover more after having all of our luggage being stolen overseas, its been over 6 months since we made the claim and cover more still can't get it right, after submitting all required evidence for numerous clothes and items that were stolen they only sent through a payout figure for 5 items with no mention of the 50 other items we had receipts for, they have delayed for over 6 months now and I've had enough of this incompetent company and their employees, fair to say I will never use this company again and a warning to others considering using this company to think twice

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Watto, We're sorry to hear you had all of your luggage stolen while overseas. We imagine that would have been a stressful experience for you. There are limits on the amount we pay out for claims... read more »

Insurance claim made

Delays, refusal to put through to supervisors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, Sorry to hear you've had this experience with us. That is certainly not how we want our customers to feel. We can assure you that we do not have "delay tactics" as this would be a drain ... read more »

Insurance claim made

I'm glad I took out travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

Setting up the policy was simple to follow. Price was competitive. Details of the policy were provided in a timely manner. We did claim and although a prolonged process was a reasonable outcome for us.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your experience on Product Review. We're glad to hear you found the process simple to follow and that you were happy with the outcome of your claim. We look forward to ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Timely but thorough response to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

The claim against my Policy, although taking considerable time, was settled in full. The Travel Agent was particularly helpful with my claim. I would be happy to insure with Cover-Moore in the future.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Dorrien, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us as we enjoy hearing feedback from our customers. We're so glad that you're happy with the outcome of your claim and we look f... read more »

1 of 138 pages

why do you limit your multi trip to 30 days.? If I go for 6 weeks and stay somewhere for a week, does that reset the clock for another 30 days.? It seems it comes down to the definition of a trip. Do i have to make multiple trips with some stay in between to get covered for 6 weeks?

Ian A asked on Mar 04, 2017

Hi Ian,
For our Annual Multi-Trip policies, you're actually able to select your trip duration of 30, 45 or 60 days depending on your travel needs. We classify a trip as the period of time from when you leave your home to when you return, as long as it is more than 250 km from your home if you're travelling on an Annual Multi-Trip policy.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

I would like to buy a multi trip policy for both my husband and I for a full year. However, sometimes we do not travel together and take individual trips throughout the year. The front page of the quote says that the 2nd person on the policy must travel with the initial policy holder, however the pds says that the younger spouse is covered. When I phoned covermore, they said that the pds is correct and it came into effect at the start of 2017. If this is correct, why does the covermore front page still say that the other person must be travelling with the policy holder?

JoL asked on Mar 01, 2017

Hi JoL,
We've had a look through our website and are unsure where you read that the second person on the policy must travel with the initial policyholder. With our Annual Multi Trip Premium policy (the one available on our website), two adults listed on the policy can travel independently of each other throughout the year, however both their trips need to be within the maximum trip duration on the policy and also within the area of travel on the policy. Any accompanied child however must be travelling with an adult listed on the policy at all times.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does cancellation... that is NOT taking the planned trip cover every single reason for such cancellation and does it result in full refund of money expended? Thank you

poss asked on Feb 28, 2017

Hi Poss,
We provide cancellation cover for a wide variety of reasons, however not all reasons for cancellation are covered. Please read the PDS available on our website for more information about cancellation. Keep in mind as well that cancellation cover is an extra you have to add to your policy at the time of purchase if wanting cover for it.

See all 185 questions about Cover-More