Filter By:

Satisfied with results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

The arrangement of the policy was able to be setup easily over the phone. There was a short delay for payment due to more information required from the Doctor. We will use Cover-More for our future travel.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Pierce,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear you found the process to protect your trip easy to set up and we look forward to covering your future travels.

A Very Difficult Claim Process

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

I would never ever recommend Cover More Insurance. Their delaying tactics on paying a simple, straight forward fully documented claim, which included unreasonable demands for unnecessary and irrelevant information was appalling. I made a claim for a serious ankle injury which occurred shortly before my fully arranged and paid for trip to Europe and which made it impossible for me to walk without pain and so travel. My claim was fully supported by X-ray, CAT Scan and an MRI of the ankle plus letters from my GP and Podiatrist clearly stating t he date of my injury. (Just prior to planned departure). Cover More took nearly a year to settle the claim writing several times to my GP each time requesting more and more detailed information on my medical history over several years. None of this information had any relation to my simple, sudden but debilitating ankle injury. These totally unnecessary requests took my very busy GP many valuable hours to complete.
Eventually my Claim was declared legitimate but Cover More would not pay me for several more weeks yet until I personally claimed from the airline any taxes associated with my unused airfare.
I have travelled extensively for many many years and never before made an Insurance Claim. As I plan my next 2 overseas trips I am carefully researching other people's reviews of Travel Insurance Companies to make sure I don't insure with another company like Cover More.
Sue

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Sue, We're very sorry to hear you were unable to take your trip to Europe because of an ankle injury and it saddens us to know you've had this experience when claiming. For claims arising becaus... read more »

a little bit disappointed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate hearing about your experience with us. This information will be passed on to the relevant teams. We hope you will decide to insure with us in futur... read more »

No improvement on perfection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Took my annual holiday 15/5 to visit my daughter in Japan, 2nd evening fell ill, a viral infection of sorts. Struggled through till 24/5 then saw a doctor who diagnosed Chronic Bronchitis. X'Ray, consultation & issue of anti-biotics
resulted in a fee. After my return to Australia 31/5 I mad a claim for the amount charged with the help of my Travel Agent. This claim was honoured within 5 days - I have always insured with Cover-More but this is my first claim which has certainly convinced me to always insure with this company when I travel... Excellent service!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We really appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience. It makes us very happy to hear that you found the claims process fast so you weren't left out of pocket for your me... read more »

Insurance claim made

Travel insurance gives peace of mind when away from home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Cover more was recommended by our travel agency as they can be relied upon in an emergency, and we are satisfied that they are
good value for money. I will certainly contact cover-more for insurance in the future.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Gordon,
We appreciate you writing a review for us and are glad to hear you'll insure with us in future. We look forward to covering your next trip!

Never travel without Cover-More

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Unfortunately a recent trip to Hong Kong had to be cancelled due to illness. Cover-More accepted and notified full re-payment of trip within 4 working days. Thank you Cover-More, we never travel without you.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience with us. It makes us very happy to hear that we were able to protect your trip so you weren't left o... read more »

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

The online claim was straight forward to complete. Cover-More assessed our claim promptly and advised us of the outcome. We are extremely satisfied.We would definitely recommend Cover-More to anyone travelling. Thank you.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. We are thrilled to hear about your satisfaction with the way your claim was handled and we look forward to covering y... read more »

goomeri qld australia

Trip of a life time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

I have used Cover-more Travel Insurance on all of my travels. on two occasions I have had to put in a claim and on both the claims were handled immediately and to my satisfaction. Thank You Cover-More

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Heather,
We appreciate you making the effort to write a review for us. We're very happy to hear about your experience and we look forward to covering you in future!

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

I am back Fishing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I had planned a fishing trip of a life time only to be told the morning we were to depart Cairns it was cancelled due to high offshore winds! Then to be told we would not be getting a refund was a huge disappointment. Thanks to Cover-more I can re book this trip as they refunded my entire costs. Bring it on!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, Thank you for writing a review for us about your experience. We're happy to have been able to cover the costs of cancelling your trip so you weren't left out of pocket. We look forward to... read more »

Cervantes Western Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Because of a sudden illness that happened in Singapore, my had to be admitted to hospital which required us to cancel the cruise that we had booked and I had to extend the hotel booking by four nights for myself, while my wife was in hospital. During this period I need to contact Covermore on numerous occasions and was very thankful for their concern and help that they offered during this during this stressful time. I might add that the cruise and the extended hotel stay plus the other expenses was settled as soon as possible.Mitford & Gail Reynolds

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Mitford & Gail, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us. Sorry to hear your wife was unwell and was hospitalised, but we're glad to have been able to support you throug... read more »

Insurance claim made

A Very Pleasant Surprise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

I never thought in my wildest dreams I would be writing a positive review about an insurance company - let alone a travel insurance company. However, after years of paying an annual travel policy with CoverMore, I had to claim for an injury I did to my knee trekking to Everest Base Camp. It also involved getting helicoptered off and days of medical appointments in Kathmandu. I was dreading even the thought of trying to claim but right from the very first phone call, I was amazed at how easy it was and how pleasant the staff were. And it got paid out. Thank you Cover-More for making what could have been a hideously difficult process easy.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate hearing about your experience and are glad we could be there for you when you needed us. We hope your knee ha... read more »

Christchurch

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Worst travel insurance company ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Travel insurance purchased off this company Cover-more by member of family who ended up in hospital overseas, severely sick. This company did everything in their power to make things difficult and cause so much stress. They did not take good care of her and did not take things seriously. It was the best part of a $500 policy. The hospital were appalled at their attitude and way they went about things to make as much stress as possible for everyone concerned. Never never use these people. Their website to lure people in is sickening. They are there to take you money essentially.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We're sorry to hear your family member became unwell while overseas. We can assure you that it is never our intention to make our customers feel more stressed in situations like this. We ... read more »

Thing is covermore you are not sorry. No one has apologised. You were all aware of the case, you did not listen, you continued to road block every inch of the way because you did not want to pay ou... read more »

1 of 145 pages

If I have to take a later flight than shown on E, ticket due to computer error, is my accommodation covered?

Frank asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your question. For policy specific enquiries, it'll be best to get in touch with us on 1300 72 88 22.
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does cover more international premium insurance cover evacuation for medical reasons?

Shana asked on Jun 08, 2017

Hi Shana,
Thanks for your question. Our International Premium policy can cover the cost for a medical evacuation if it is deemed necessary by our team of medical experts and the treating doctors involved. We hope you have found this information helpful and we wish you safe and happy travels!
Cover-More Travel Insurance

If I rent a car while overseas, should I take out extra insurance to cover the $3000 excess? Or does cover more insurance cover car rental insurance too?

Leah Liakos asked on Jun 07, 2017

Hi Leah,
Thanks for getting in touch. This will depend on the type of policy you purchase and where you get it from. For policy specific questions, it'll be best to call us on 1300 72 88 22. However if you purchase a Premium Plan on our direct website for your international trip, it will automatically provide up to $3,000 cover for your liability in respect to a Rental Car insurance excess. We hope you find this information helpful!

See all 196 questions about Cover-More Travel Insurance