Filter By:

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: May 2013

Alarm code 11 and 12

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Most days it's a struggle to use it. We wait hrs till it kicks in or shower cold. It comes up with code 11 then once it's going, code 12 will come along and we're back at square 1.
After reading all the reviews it's obvious to go with another brand. Pretty annoyed as it's only 4 years old.

Anyway, I'm gonna go try to have a shower... My first attempt was 2 hrs ago and I'm still trying.

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Jul 2011

Rubbish product, will file complaint with ACCC & Consumer Affairs.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

We are having very similar issues to those described by other here. I also have had no luck with Dux, so will seek appropriate consumer and LEGAL address.

Intermittent heating, inconsistent and unreliable performance. Product has been appropriately serviced, but issues started to arise as soon as it got to about six years old.

BTW Dux I work for a major national retailer and I have referred our property team to these reviews to consider when fitting out our stores.

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Dec 2010

PCB board fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

PCB board is faulty. This is very common.
Dux knows there is an issue with the PCB board but has no intention of recalling or repairing faulty units.
Admittedly my unit is seven years old but the fault is common and wide spread and no effort has been made by Dux to cough up and pay for the repairs.Dux has no integrity and will not accept responsibility for the fault. The world is small given the internet and word of mouth is powerful.
Knowedge is power Dux and the more knowledge I can share about your units the better I feel.
Please dont buy a Dux unit you will not get any service all you get is excuses.

Model: 26L Gas Type: LPG Date Purchased: Feb 2013

Dux performance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

again! intermittant heating,or does not go at all,just out of warranty,bought top of the range ,contacted Dux, they don't want to know me,they suggested fix at big dollars which may or may not work,totally unreliable for a working family.Absolutely frustrated and disappointed with the company and backup! Many posts on websites stateing exact same problems,but no satisfactory resolution from Dux , so much for business integrity.My family will now have cold /hot /cold/no showers until I can afford to replace the unit with something hopefully more dependable.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Aug 2011

Inbuilt obsolescence?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

I have the exact same problem with my unit as a lot of the other reviewers. Started working intermittently after 5 years. Now it won't work at all.

As others have said, it should last longer than 5 years. What a disappointment.

These faulty models should be getting repaired or replaced by Dux!

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Dux Endurance Plus, Stated Claims of 40 degrees rise at 16.25 l/m just Misleading and Deceptive adve

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2016

We moved into a new house 2 years ago. It is fitted with a Dux Endurance Plus (or 26L). The specification is +40 degrees at 16..25 l/m. The best I can get is 45 degrees Max at 6 l/m at the sink! The system is not fitted with a Kitchen remote so that might help. When we moved in, the kitchen sink had a fancy extendable tap spout which would only allow 3-4 l/m, not sufficient to activate the second stage of the Dux burner. This $400 tap was replaced with a simple $100 tap and the water flow and Temp improved, but only to 45 degrees at 6 l/m. I al so increased the input pressure. I removed all the flow restrictors from the showers, as they too would not allow sufficient flow to bring in the second stage burner. My current cold temp is 18 degrees, so I get a 27 degree rise? Like others on this blog, I too are on the verge of throwing it out. I have had a number of Bosch HW systems over recent years and they have been far superior!

Same Problem PCB fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

My DUX unit is 5-6 years old getting intermittent fault you've got to turn water on and off 20 times some times to get it working. Then it will work ok for a week without issue very frustrating at 6am in the morning, very disappointed with the reliability on this 26l unit.

Comments

Found a fix I installed a Ground / Earth wire from the bottom of the box to a earth spike looks like it needs a direct earth connection to work efficiently been ok for 2 wks now.There is a screw on... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 16L Gas Type: LPG

feeling ripped off and after sales centre dosn't care! Im furious.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2016

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I sorted out the issue with our dux system, we replaced it with a Rinnai. Shame on you Dux. Spread the word people!!!

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Lousy unit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2016

Extremely disappointed with the unit. The PCB faulty after 5-6 years and cost me $440 to replace. Have been talked strongly of this product until now. Will never recommend this product to anyone as warranty is pretty lousy. My old house has a Rinnai and still going strong after 20 years. Should have got Rinnai instead.
Serial No: 2010.09-6050190

Model: 20L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Dux is disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2016

Barely a month after warranty runs out the Dux system decides to play up works whenever it wants flashes alarm code 11. Call after sales who take great pride in reminding me my warranty is out and it will cost me $160 to get a contractor to tell me what's wrong without even doing anything.. i can tell myself whats wrong with it for free.. it's fixed. The product is crap and after sales are as helpful as a bucket full of holes. Sort your product out and help your customers Dux!

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Ian, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW315, please include your 6 digit serial number.
Regards Dux After Sales.

Model: 20L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Don't buy DUX

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

I wish I had read reviews before buying. I've had same issue as so many of the reviewers. Five years then the thing stops working. Smarmy, arrogant, unhelpful DUX afterservice. She must have heard the same complaint over and over. No gas plumber would recommend this junk. Just wish I had known that before.

chris

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

Decided to replace an 11 year old Vulcan 315lL off peak storage system with Dux Solar Hot Water System as we felt the storage unit was approaching it's 'use by date'. This old system worked flawlessly. The new system included a 400L tank and Dux Endurance plus 26 gas booster. After spending $3200, and wanting to support a local manufacturer, we now completely regret ever replacing the Vulcan unit and secondly, choosing Dux. We have had 2 major problems within 6 years. The first problem occurred within 4 years when the solar panels failed and ha d to be replaced. Even thought the panels were still within the warranty period, we had a lot of trouble getting Dux to come to the party and replace them. Even then we had to pay the labour cost which was close to $1000. We found Dux's after sales service to be completely non existent. Now, at around the 5.5 year mark, the Endurance 26 gas booster unit has failed. As per the previous posts, the gas only ignites intermittently and because we have had overcast weather there has been little if any solar heating and therefore lukewarm showers. To top it off, we are having difficulty finding anyone who deals with Dux systems in our local area. This is astonishing as the Dux manufacturing plant is also in our area. Most of the plumbers I called said they refuse to have anything to do with Dux because they are difficult to deal with and their products are rubbish. The closest service people are 50 minutes away and want nearly $200 just for a service call. I guess I'll then be told $700 for a new PCB. I've checked water and gas pressure and made sure the water inlet filter is clean but unfortunately no issues there. Perhaps I should cut my loses and replace the unit completely with a more reliable brand. Reading previous posts it seems to me that the problem with the gas unit is fairly widespread and Dux are aware.

How does this company stay in business? My advice to anyone is not to buy anything from Dux.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Chrism, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW306, please include your 12 digit serial number.
Regards Dux After Sales.