Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Absolute rubbish product!! Avoid at all costs!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

I'm absolutely disgusted with the Dux heater we bought 2 years ago at Bunnings. I just rang Dux and was told warranty was only one year.. and 7 years on the tank. Ours is totally dead it would seem.. Amazing our cost several hundred plus hefty install charges.. and after 2 years it's busted..

Our last heater went for 20 years without a drama..

Never again Dux!

• 1 helpful vote

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2014

Rubbish... Beware last 2.5 years. Don't believe the 7 year warranty. They won't even acknowledge 1!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Purchased a dux 250L electric. After 2 years the top of the cylinder started to warp. The unit is leaking slightly and second call out to a plumber advising me that it is rusting. My plumber recommended me never to buy a DUX and as per this review site you can see why. He advised only to install Bosch or Rheem. You may save a few hundred buying Dux but is it truly worth it if it only lasts 3 years as opposed to 10?!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Stay away from this junk product...pilot won't stay on..hundreds of dollars later to have a system repaired that's only 18months. Customer service is terrible, no consideration or effort to help out.

Had a Rheem system that lasted over 20 years

Save yourself the hassle & but something like a Rheem or Bosch !

Purchased at: eBay

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Jun 2009

Leaking tank

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

Have 315L unit installed 8 years ago. It is now leaking badly and was about to replace with same unit as I thought it would be simple. After reading the reviews listed on site I have decided to use another hot water system. Thanks for the heads up people as it is important to get the real story. As a matter of fact the 315 Rheem is $75.00 cheaper!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 135D5N Date Purchased: Sep 2016

So Dissapointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

We bought Prodigy 5 135D5N in September 2016 and the pilot light just won't stay on. It goes out every 2-3 days and I have to restart it manually. After spending almost $2000 and being charged for the installation twice I'm so angry. Called service people they promised to call me back but never did .. I mean its still under warranty I don't understand why they won't help me

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: 50W1 (50L) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Absolute rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

4 dud units in a row. The most recent almost lasted a month before the element failed..3 weeks later the cylinder had failed. None covered under warranty as the unit was a replacement under partial warranty for failure no. 3.which had failed after 2 and a bit years. As had the previous 2 units.
Dux customer service doesn't exist.
Consumer protection were equally useless.
At least we now have a Rheem.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Jan 2011

Never Get Dux

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I found a lot of people with the exact same problem. Pilot light will not stay on.
It clearly must be a manufactures fault if that many people are having the same problem. But to get that fixed it costs you over $500 and this unit was only 5 years old. EVER GET DUX!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2013

2nd one. Lasted 3..5 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

This is the second Dux I have had installed inside of 8 years. First one died after 4 years This one lasted 3.5 years. They just stop working. One day the water is hot the next it's all gone I will not be buying another Dux, they should probably rename it to Dud. Plumber said it all, "install a Rheem"

Model: 135D5N Date Purchased: Sep 2012

I wouldn't recommend buying a Dux HWS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

I had a Dux HWS installed in 2012 which has recently stopped heating the water on a number of occasions. After paying over $100 for if to be fixed three times and the plumber not being able to pinpoint the fault, I think it's time to cut my losses and invest in a new HWS, I will not be choosing a Dux this time. The service department were of no help, pointing out that the warranty only lasts for 1 year.

Verified Purchase Model: 315F148G Date Purchased: Aug 2007

Expected more

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

The last Dux made it to almost 10 years, got told it rusted because the anode has never been replaced. Bought another one 9 years ago, changed anode twice and it's still rusted out. Not a quality product for the price. I would have though if someone makes water tanks for so long they would have sorted the rust part out.

• 1 question

Model: 50W136 Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Frustration with leaking & corrosion of the 50L model

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2016

We live in the inner West of Sydney, and as with other reviewer, we had the same problem- after being in operation for less than 2 years, we noticed early one morning that the 50L electric heater suddenly began leaking badly, which we traced to water coming from under the plastic cap in the centre of the top covering access to the sacrificial anode. On priding off this PVC (?) cap, we found a transparent plastics lining/membrane bulging with hot water and brown rusty corrosion evident on the brass plug that held the sacrificial anode by its bra ided steel core. We phoned the DUX emergency number and the DUX operator arranged for a plumber to come and inspect it that day. He arrived 2 hours later, and after conducting his check, he declared that the tank itself had failed and formally notified DUX. DUX then agreed to replace the unit which we picked up from one of their outlets 2 days later. DUX did not want the faulty heater returned, so, after the installation of the new tank, we took the old one apart and were horrified to find thick rusty gunk & particles filling the hollows of the brass plugs that sealed the unused portholes, especially the one in the spare socket for the pressure valve as well as around the pressure release valve unit that was installed. When we unscrewed and pulled out the anode (which was surprisingly easy if you have a 27mm socket or tube spanner), we found it to be covered with a dirty brown film as well as showing partial corrosion (which was expected) with the highest amount of corrosion at the brass plug end of the rod. We cannot understand why there was so much iron rust gunk/particles evident in the unit if most of the sacrificial anode was still intact. If the sacrificial anode (probably aluminum) was working and supposedly sacrificing itself, why was there so much evidence of the ferrous tank corroding- even on the exterior of the tank (DUX please answer)? Hope the new one works better and lasts longer or we will be dumping and discouraging people from the brand. Meantime, we have removed the heater element and thermostat board from the old tank and keep them as spare parts for any appropriate future failure.

1 of 6 pages

Dux Gas Hot water heater Model 90 FNG Pinhole leak in base of tank. Is the tank under warranty???

Gregg asked on Jun 24, 2017

25W124P (25L, Plug In)

Why us this unit not fitted with an adjustable thermostat? The old unit did but it's replacement does not and the water is way too hot. Now I have to pay a plumber to come and fit a tempering valve but I'm still wasting electricity heating water above the required 65C. Also, why make the unit 30mm or so taller than the old one? Had to cut a hole in the bottom of the sink cupboard to get it in under the sink drain. Of course it all happened on Christmas Eve and I'm up greeting Santa in person to get hot water into the kitchen in time for family lunch. George

George asked on Jun 01, 2017

125S1 (125L)

Hi, i have a dux proflo 125l model 125s136 electric and was wondering how to adjust the temp up a little?

Mark Lewin asked on Apr 21, 2017

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these models is heating & cooling capacity, efficiency rating