eHarmony is a scam and they steal your hard earned money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

When I signed up I thought I'd be able to find someone but instead my matches were completely inaccurate making my profile and the questions I answered redundant. I found someone on Tinder. So I wanted a refund from eHarmony they wouldn't give it. Don't waste your time and money they are a bunch of thieves who don't care about you, they take advantage of you and steal your money. eHarmony isn't even worth one star.

Terrible dating website

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

This is a terrible site for meeting someone. This place is full of scammers all trying to get personal contact details eg. phone numbers and email addresses. I am closing my profile down and am sorry I ever opened one up. Take my advice and steer clear.

inactive profiles; auto renewal of fees the company default, and no refund given, same day as new c

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

Great TV ads but seriously. None of the reasonable looking matches, my age, ever replied to me. Gave it the benefit of a doubt, three months trial, then contacted them to cancel. eHarmony replied with reference to the 'fine print,' and the incredibly intuitive process needed to disable their 'auto-renew feature.' The next email explained exactly how to Delete my Profile.

So I asked them, are you refunding my money, if I now have instructions to delete my profile? The answer was NO.
How much of this site's profit is unauthorised charges to people who do not enjoy or even use the service? There are rules against gyms refusing to cancel monthly contracts, so my next step is my credit provider and the ACCC.

Yes ..all the good ones are still with their partners

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Well let me say I had been on eharmony for quite a while. .
And that's not eharmonys fault..!
The problem is I had not found a date that didn't have a major problem or drama going on in their life. .!..most had pasts that will never leave them.. (ex addicts of all sorts)..(ex inlaws).. (health issues).. and. . (mental issues)...
Where have all the good guys gone. .!.
Let's say they're still with their partners..what woman is going to let go of a good man these days ..!!!

Melbourne, VIC

• 1 question
Private message

I feel it's what you make of it

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

I think some of the free online dating website are often just as good, it just depends what you're looking for really. This website seems to cater for a certain need which is always refreshing.

Waste of Money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

They make it seem so easy to communicate with people. I have been matched with 8 people and not one has responded to my messages. Even none of the "extra matches" respond. Don't waste your time or your money. All you will do is look at people's pictures on their profile only to never be able to talk or get a response from them. Only makes you more depressed.

eharmony a rip off and won't action cancellation continues to steal money from account.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Went on site to meet people when tried to cancel service or not renew they failed to action now at third month of them helping themselves to my bank account. They won't take responsibility and can't talk to person who can stop. Customer care say they don't have direct line to them.

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Purchase

Shut my account after 3 days and keeping my money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

So, I joined on Sun, paid for 3 months, only to receive an email this morn saying I had violated their terms and conditions but they would not disclose the specific reason, (probably because it's a generic email), and due to this my subscription fees may have been forfeited. $90 for 3 days and I couldn't even open the one message I had received in these 3 days. What a joke! Sounds like a massive scam to me, don't sign up. To be honest didn't want to give it any stars, as I can see in the future I'll probably still get charged for a closed account!

Comments

Update - paid through Paypal and was able to put in a dispute, they followed it up and got my money back for me within 24 hours, amazing service, thankyou Paypal. Still haven't heard from eHarmony about the situation though. Stay away.

Waste of time

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I really believe that this a game of photos, add a photo, get a response which often leads to the same result "nothing" I really think it leaves alot of really good fellas unfairly out of the running however it's not all bad I have managed to successfully start a relationship through eharmony for about three months, So I must be worth getting to know...
Still have never given on asking out a young lady.
The so called old fashioned way, face to face without the million and one questions crap....
It's just a date :/

This site is basically a Scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

Beware of the Subscription Service! once you have subscribed you must immediately unsubscribe otherwise after you for example get a 6 month period, they will automatically renew your subscription without any contact and you will have to pay again and again until you unsubscribe, this isn't at all easily conveyed to you unless you read the entire Terms and Conditions, it is quite obvious they prey on this and the only reason they would set it up this way is so they can continue to charge you even if you are not using the site anymore. its disgusting and the matchmaking is so far off the mark, try the other free or cheaper sites, this site cost me almost $400 for nothing but a waste of time and misleading information. Best of luck ti you

1 of 40 pages

How much does it cost to join?

Tan asked on Apr 17, 2017

Answer this

$22 a month on a 50% discount and they hold your credit card number ... They charge for a year over three payments and you cqnt get a refund . Read the small print .:totally fraud accounts, all removed after first contact! !

Ive cancelled my account and removed my pictures. I can't seem to get my profile down ...its still on there. How do I get them to remove me and stop emailing?

Becca asked on Nov 28, 2016

Answer this

Contact customer service, i had the same problem. I had to contact them 3 or 4 times before i got any response.
I added them to my blocked sender list or mark email as spam.
If you paid with credit card check your statements to make sure they havent over charged you.

Becca - I changed my profile to a ridiculous photo I found of a man in a leotard - stated I was 102 and made the description unuseable. This stopped them from using my profile.

has anyone had success with eharmony in finding a successful partner?

Monique asked on Nov 11, 2016

Answer this

Yes!! I meet my partner on eharmony 3 years ago. I signed up on a free communication weekend and he had been paying for it. We are now married and expecting our first child. I was incredibly skeptical and never thought a dating site would actually work. I'm an incredibly shy person and nearly chickened out of the whole thing when his profile showed up. I couldn't see what he looked like because I wasn't paying for it. But I knew he was a real person and had a lot of potential at that threw our conversations.

Good luck!

I met a guy who was trying to find a wife to stay in the country - lame