Verified Purchase

Terrible business antics! Do not even entertain subscription unless you want hundreds auto deducted

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Be very careful! This company hides in small print that despite you only paying for one month, monthly, or a small time to see what it's like, they take 6 months out in full at the end of your first trial! No notice, no notification, and No REFUND no matter if you cannot afford food for your children, even 1 day after that $367 amount is taken, you question and call them. They respond with TOO BAD!

Don't bother!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Worst dating website I've ever used! Rather than the elite, it's more like the drecks of society! They also debited my account with authorisation or consent. I'll be seeking legal advice on this!

Don't do it!

Scam Rip Off!! Zero!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Absolute rubbish. You spend about an hour completing a very comprehensive personality questionnaire when joining up only to find them sending 'matches' which were the complete opposite of my desired partner. Eg. I stipulated 'women with no kids' in my criteria yet they continually sent 'matches' which were women with kids??? This was even after I complained about it. The site is rubbish, stay away, don't waste your money!!! A complete scam rip-off!!!

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

I joined this website thinking I'll meet good people but this site is a total scam. Liars and charters have their profiles in this site. Be careful! Also, while making a payment they trick you into paying for 6 months when you want to pay only for a month. Contacting them is a pain again. In short - stay away from this website!!

terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

you have to answer a bloody job application just to meet people and after a 30 minute survey you are confronted with a payment option and it wasnt even free for the whole time

• 1 comment
Private message

If I could give a Zero, I would.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

Utter rubbish. Have only received about 20 so called Matches. Smokers, drinkers, overseas. I don't drink or smoke and am also non religious and yep, got matched with a very religious person. Very quick to take your money but do not supply what the contract states. I complained and was told that they were very sorry but they wouldn't return my money. DO NOT USE THEM. IT'S A RIPOFF.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Make sure you go into your account on the app and stop future payments because once they have your money, you wont get it back!

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 4 answers
Private message

Mechanics posing as Doctors - and it gets worse!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I was invited on a date (my first ES date) with an ES member who declared himself a Doctor on his profile. During our date he admitted to being a Mechanic. It got worse, but who am I to say who is/isn't 'elite'. Futhermore, most of my 'matches' were from other states ( i.e. Queensland, Perth ), when I reside in NSW. I'm now embroiled in a battle with ES whom are threatening legal action unless i pay to join for another 3 months. This is because i allegedly cancelled one day after my membership expired and not within the 24 hour window prior. I'm now using POF and the difference is incredible. Please don't join ES.

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Everything about this platform is horrible. "Mr. so and so commented on your photo" Yet it's nowhere to be found. The service does not match the exhorbitant cost and as other reviewers have mentioned, so many profiles are without photos. Just before I paid my subscription I was flooded with messages from what appeared to be decent men. As soon as I paid, the messages all but stopped (except for a few crazies without photos). I responded to the ones I got but didn't get a reply. Were they fake accounts to lure in the customers?? I won't be renewing my subscription.

Private message

Terrible site, waste of money, scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

I paid for a 6 month subscription, found it a complete waste of money as most "matches" didn't have photos or were not in my search settings. After cancelling my account, Elite claimed I had automatically renewed for a further 6 months. Thankfully I had cancelled my credit card prior but they still keep sending me threatening emails, claiming they will charge additional fees if I don't pay. I wrote to them and asked what would happen if I didn't pay and they haven't answered the question. Awful, misleading site and am writing this in the hope that others don't waste their money as I have...

Elite Singles

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

Absolute rubbish false advertising... The site is hard to navigate.. They feed members what they wish when they feel like it.. No flexibility.. Old members long left still appear as active and put forward as matches... Save your money and start away from this site..

Perth

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Fake advertising... says 82% educated... if you are over 60 that is more like 5%!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2017

The site advertises as having 82% of members with academic qualifications. Absolute lies ... if you are over 60 and looking for someone over 60, the percent is more like 5%! I asked for my money back but they said that the ad is for all age groups! The matches are therefore useless for me ... most mathces do not even have a photo. Absolute waste of money... such fake advertising should be against consumer law.

• 4 helpful votes

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Absolutely rubbish should be re branded as elite bogan trash. There are people on this app that are far from elite. I am well educated and looking for intelligent like minded people and keep getting randomly matched with absolute bogans from suburbs that I have never ne existed. There is someone for everybody but this site is an absolute scam with no real endeavour to abide by what they are advertising. Beware it is an absolute joke..

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 16 pages

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

I paid and I cannot get my money back as I am told the cooling period is only 3 day What do I do now?

Anne asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Anne,
Well hopefully you didn't pay for more that one month. You can stay on the site to use up your subscription and then make sure you cancel it before it automatically renews itself. Which it will! Or just write off what you've paid and cancel now. If you think they aren't providing you with what you paid for, eg, technical faults, no emails...you can let them know. There's always Consumer Affairs. I hope this helps

See all 11 questions about Elite Singles