Sydney

Terrible website and app

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

the content is good but I wish they'd sort out their continuous tech glitches and inconsistency between platforms... the website and app do not keep up with each other

Private message

Be very aware of the fine print!! They scammed me $400 plus. Also nothing elite about the singles on

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

Absolutely shocking!! Stay away from this site. I'd have given minus 5 stars, only rated them 1 because it was the lowest.

Melbourne

Private message

Tiny database in Australia?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

I'm a good looking gay guy, intelligent, emotionally stable, objective, professional, compassionate, reasonable. I've had less than 15 partner proposals in 4 months. This site is a lemon if you are same sex attracted in Australia. I'm back on Grindr.

• 3 helpful votes

What a sham!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Elite Singles is a complete joke! What a waste of time and money. Criteria that I stated is that matches must live within 50km's of my area. Constantly receiving matches up to 2 states away.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

queensland rockhampton

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

I can honestly say money pigs and scammers (this is elite)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Elite gives its own pretend write ups and for marketing purpose, the sign-up is crap, too long too personal, this site is garbage not much of a service plenty of con artist. I have just cancelled my subscription and no automatic renewal i have printed out copies that say they have acknowledged my cancellation, so let's see, what a toilet bowl.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

brisbane

rubbish service and scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

they matched me with women with whom I had nothing in common.

and then they tried the automatic renewal. ha! I pointed out that breached the Australian Consumer Law and they told me I still had to pay. Haha haha. Hilarious.

it was only after begging them to sue me (so I could shame them in court and the media) did they give up.

Anyone in Australia who they try to bully into paying the automatic renewl should point out that it is misleading and deceptive conduct to hide automatic renewal in the fine print.

Disgusting scum.

Verified Purchase

SCAM! cooling off period is ignored

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I did read the fine print about auto subscription and the 3 day cooling off period and it is still a SCAM. I cancelled the day I signed up (within cooling off period) but when I requested a refund I was told they can't cos google play had my Money not them. Then google play tells me they don't have my Money I need to be refunded by elite singles. They are now ignoring my emails and I have escalated my complaint to Google play. This website is a SCAM I would AVOID using them as the communication is a disgrace and they have breaches their contract.

Scam !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

This is an absolute waste of money and I personally think it's a scam as their automatic subscription policy is not clearly mentioned and also they send you this collection emails and try to intimidate people in to paying money. The app is absolutely disgusting and it should be reviewed by the consumer court as it's not worth the amount they are charging people for their service.

Absolutely pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Automatic subscriptions aren't made clear enough and the match rate is appalling. There was honestly nothing good about this experience. Don't fall into this money trap.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

Don't sign up for this site. The actual website is a very poor system - you can't search for potential matches.
The system auto-renews with no warning for a full 6 months in one go. They offer no refunds if you want to cancel the service. This site aims to SCAM you out of further subs.

Verified Purchase

Do not waste your money, Stay away from them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

It is going to be a waste of your money, try another site. Things to know :
- The company is actually based in Germany, So it is very hard to get in contact with them and you are not protected by Australian Consumer Laws.
- Their membership auto renews and there is no facility to switch this off. I had to cancel my credit card to stop them from charging me again.
- You spend all this time filling in your profile only to discover that their matching algorithms are crap. Your preference, you wants and likes are not taken into consideration
. They just send you everyone they have in their Database, which is not much. For example I asked to meet people close to where I leave (30km - 50 km away) and I ended up getting matches from Canberra and Rural NSW. Nothing wrong with that, unless you are keen to travel for over 2hr for a cup of coffee.

There is a reason why their reviews are so bad. Do not take the risk, spend your money elsewhere.

2 of 16 pages

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

I paid and I cannot get my money back as I am told the cooling period is only 3 day What do I do now?

Anne asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Anne,
Well hopefully you didn't pay for more that one month. You can stay on the site to use up your subscription and then make sure you cancel it before it automatically renews itself. Which it will! Or just write off what you've paid and cancel now. If you think they aren't providing you with what you paid for, eg, technical faults, no emails...you can let them know. There's always Consumer Affairs. I hope this helps

See all 11 questions about Elite Singles